The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-14-2013, 03:45 PM   #1
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin
Default OT: Selling a badass footlocker from WW2

I hope I'm not violating any rules by letting folks here know. This thing is one of my prized possessions (it's not an ordinary footlocker) but I don't particularly want to take it to Germany. I'd sell it to a maner for 250, just want to know it's in good hands.

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/atq/3871114439.html

Also check out the blue guy in the back of one of those pics. He's kind of a badass.

Best,

1st Lieutenant COCra Commander Chris
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-2013, 03:49 PM   #2
lolcopter

Good luck, sir. That's a pretty cool looking piece.

Sligh derail question -- with moving to Germany, are you downsizing completely and getting rid of most of your stuff? Seems like wardrobe and possibly laptop are keepers, but I've always wondered how the process of getting rid of everything you own would be.
Old 06-14-2013, 03:54 PM   #3
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Just throwing out that the box says W.J. Osborne and the current commander of the 174th is a Craig Osborne. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Just throwing out that the box says W.J. Osborne and the current commander of the 174th is a Craig Osborne. Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn
WTFzomg questionexclamation.

I have way too many clothes for any straight man to begin with and I haven't even touched that **** yet (I leave Sunday). I think it's easier being in NYC because there are tons of people scouring Craigslist every day. So far I've sold my bike, a dresser, a midi keyboard, my tv cabinet, sold most of my books to one store (pathetic that I got $12 for an unopened Shelby Foote Civil War set that retails for $130). I'm keeping my typical man non-fiction books (war, pirates, war, pirates) and my favourite novels (The Heart of the Matter, Revolutionary Road, On the Road, some other roads, etc.). Basically anything that makes me look smarter than I am. I own(ed) a lot for a New Yorker but not much by other standards.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:07 PM   #5
Bacchus

Maybe you could find his family, that would be the cool thing to do.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Maybe you could find his family, that would be the cool thing to do.
Got this from a dealer seven years ago that when to an estate sale when he passed away. His family organised the sale.

I understand this probably meant a lot to him which is why I'm either going to sell it at high enough a price that the person buying will inevitably take care of it or I'm going to give it to a friend at a reduced price.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:24 PM   #7
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
Got this from a dealer seven years ago that when to an estate sale when he passed away. His family organised the sale.

I understand this probably meant a lot to him which is why I'm either going to sell it at high enough a price that the person buying will inevitably take care of it or I'm going to give it to a friend at a reduced price.
Its a cool item. Those estate sales can be pretty awesome, sometimes families ****ing suck.
Old 06-14-2013, 05:06 PM   #8
Chris
Millenium Scrooge McDuck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
OrlandoFranklin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Its a cool item. Those estate sales can be pretty awesome, sometimes families ****ing suck.
When my grandpa died in Aurora in 93 my family ran an estate sale (I was 9) and they sold off my dad's original Hardy Boy's collection for peanuts! Schmidiots!