The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 12:40 PM   #126
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Please sign with Oakland...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:41 PM   #127
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
We don't save much by cutting him and honestly, who is better than him outside of Montee and Hillman?
2.5 million is enough

Knowshon Moreno
Old 06-13-2013, 12:42 PM   #128
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Please sign with Oakland...
Oh hell no

Go NFC or something... hello lions
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #129
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

When one, original thread just isn't enough to announce this news.

OP should delete this whole thing.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:44 PM   #130
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
This obsession of yours can't be healthy.
I'm surprised you didn't mention them in your last two posts. I think we know who has an obsession with what/who.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:48 PM   #131
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
And Hester isn't a retread?
How do you know what his IQ is?
Old 06-13-2013, 12:53 PM   #132
lolcopter

Thought they would have been merged hours ago tbh

Can't flat delete tho, "John elway sends his regards" has had me lol'ing all morning
Old 06-13-2013, 12:58 PM   #133
g6matty

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Thomas isn't due for a new deal until after next season, same with Woodyard
Walton isn't a stud that will command major money.
Will we want Ayers back?
Beadles will be in line for a decent contract
Decker should probably get a deal in the 6million range.

add in the contracts that are expriring when Von, Thomas and Woodyard are coming due for new deal. Champ's contract is over and if he is still here it will be for a lot less than he gets now. Peyton's deal can be opted out of, Welker's deal is over.
deckers deal will be more then 6 million. the receiver market keeps going up and up every year. closer to 8 i see him getting... and DT in the mike wallace range. sadly we wont be able to keep both i dont think. unless they take a home town discount and just love playing with eachother
Old 06-13-2013, 01:12 PM   #134
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

This is what happens when you fumble, get old and slow, and the team drafts RB in back to back yrs. I doubt he catches on anywhere unless a rash of injuries hits somewhere.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:15 PM   #135
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

he played hard for the Broncos and i wish him well. I don't think he carries the ball this yr though. He may find a team for the vet minimum but i doubt it. Even if he does I don't see him getting a lot of carries. It has got to the point where running him you have a better chance of a fumble then you do a big play.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #136
pricejj
jungle

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
Nah, Hester will be the inactive RB. With M. Ball being a rookie, they will still need KM to shoulder some carries. Your mistaken if you think it's going to be just Hillman and M. Ball getting carries.
Nope. Hester plays special teams and is the FB. Just like last year, there are certain situations where the Broncos will go with a 2-back set...especially with Alex Gibbs on board.

1. Montee Ball - starter
2. Ronnie Hillman - rotates in on alternating series
3. Jacob Hester - special teams, fullback
4. Knowshon Moreno - game-day inactive, will be activated if either Montee or Ronnie falter.

Thank you Willis! :salute:
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:17 PM   #137
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
he played hard for the Broncos and i wish him well. I don't think he carries the ball this yr though. He may find a team for the vet minimum but i doubt it. Even if he does I don't see him getting a lot of carries. It has got to the point where running him you have a better chance of a fumble then you do a big play.
I think he'll get picked up and get some carries somewhere. He always looked good. Just couldn't stay out there.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #138
pricejj
jungle

McGahee can easily get a ~$1M salary in San Diego.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #139
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
I agree on the playing hard part. He was/is a warrior, he did the Mile High Salute and he brought toughness to the team. The funny thing is he was never a fumbler until he got to Denver. I have no doubt he will [play this year. He is too good not to catch on somewhere
Old 06-13-2013, 01:25 PM   #140
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
Nope. Hester plays special teams and is the FB. Just like last year, there are certain situations where the Broncos will go with a 2-back set...especially with Alex Gibbs on board.

1. Montee Ball - starter
2. Ronnie Hillman - rotates in on alternating series
3. Jacob Hester - special teams, fullback
4. Knowshon Moreno - game-day inactive, will be activated if either Montee or Ronnie falter.

Thank you Willis! :salute:
It's looking like that's how it's going to shake out, unless the UDFA kid from Cal just tears the preseason a new a-hole.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #141
Bacchus

Top of the market

It's not easy for veteran running backs to find jobs, but McGahee's three-down skills and toughness should help him land a gig even coming off an injury. I'd place McGahee at the top of a market that also includes Wells, Michael Turner, Cedric Benson, Tim Hightower and Brandon Jacobs.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...ase-by-broncos
Old 06-13-2013, 02:01 PM   #142
NorCalBronco7

Willis exceeded my expectations in Denver. A little sad to see him go, even though Im not surprised. Hopefully he can land on a good team, preferably in the NFC.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:02 PM   #143
nyuk nyuk

I question how people are so quick to brush off Moreno. He's matured a ton as a runner, I just question his ability to stay healthy.
Old 06-13-2013, 02:18 PM   #144
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

This move was obvious. We could not keep both Moreno and McG. Both are coming off injuries, McG is older, McG saves us a lot more cap room, end of story.

Timing? I think it could be to ensure McG was healthy, could be to ensure Moreno looked like he was going to be healthy, could be to give McG time to land. A bit surprised they did not wait and try to trade him to a team that loses a back in training camp, which makes me suspect option 3.

I think if 100% Moreno will start. People seem to forget how good he looked when healthy and after he got his head on straight. He blocks well, catches well, runs well. Monte may take over once he can prove he can pass-block.

Hester has been getting a lotta love from both the coaches and PFM. Too versatile to get rid of imho. I would expect Lance to be cut eventually if we stay injury free.

Not sure why some of the hate here for McG. He gave us a very solid running game when we had none and always handled himself in a classy manner. Thank you and good luck!
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:32 PM   #145
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
deckers deal will be more then 6 million. the receiver market keeps going up and up every year. closer to 8 i see him getting... and DT in the mike wallace range. sadly we wont be able to keep both i dont think. unless they take a home town discount and just love playing with eachother
So you think Decker is going to get a Roddy White like contract which was signed in 2009? The details of that contract are 6 years 42 million dollars. Greg Jennings signed for 5 years 45 million dollars in 2013. So really you are saying Decker is going to land number 1 like money from some team.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:45 PM   #146
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
And $2 million from Oakland. I bet we could have traded him to Chokeland for a 3rd round pick.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #147
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Damn near all of these guys will get jobs once camp injuries start burning through backs.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:49 PM   #148
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
I can see this happening but I hope it doesn't. He is the top FA RB but I don't think he's gonna get much guaranteed money due to his injury situation. If he goes to another team I hope it's in the NFC...
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:53 PM   #149
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
This move was obvious. We could not keep both Moreno and McG. Both are coming off injuries, McG is older, McG saves us a lot more cap room, end of story.

Timing? I think it could be to ensure McG was healthy, could be to ensure Moreno looked like he was going to be healthy, could be to give McG time to land. A bit surprised they did not wait and try to trade him to a team that loses a back in training camp, which makes me suspect option 3.

I think if 100% Moreno will start. People seem to forget how good he looked when healthy and after he got his head on straight. He blocks well, catches well, runs well. Monte may take over once he can prove he can pass-block.

Hester has been getting a lotta love from both the coaches and PFM. Too versatile to get rid of imho. I would expect Lance to be cut eventually if we stay injury free.

Not sure why some of the hate here for McG. He gave us a very solid running game when we had none and always handled himself in a classy manner. Thank you and good luck!
My highest compliment I can give Moreno is that he runs hard. He's not particularly fast, he has lousy footwork but he does block well and he will lower his shoulder and deliver a hit rather than take a hit and fall back. That being said, he can't stay healthy and this is a concern too.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:39 PM   #150
Agamemnon

at the people predicting Moreno starting over Montee Ball...