The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-13-2013, 09:56 AM   #426
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
Holy ****, this thread is a **** show. It's like a spastic-dork slap fight.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:58 AM   #427
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
My buddy had a TurboGrafx16
I never got my hands on one of those, other than I think the arcade multigame cabinet was pretty much the same hardware. Samurai Showdown was awesome.

I was just thinking about the 3do because I blew the dust off of mine a few weeks ago to show the kids Street Fighter II. Those fighting games kinda fell off the map.

I remember my buddies being jealous of my 3do until another one of them picked up a Saturn (aka Virtua Fighter Machine)

Edit: Never mind, I guess that was NEO GEO, not the Turbographix 16.

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-13-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 10:15 AM   #428
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I'm not finding anything that stakes to this claim of yours. Please provide a reliable source. All I've seen are biased reports stating X360 outsold the PS3, but Sony apparently never releases numbers, so how can they know.
Everything I've read states PS3 has outsold X360 since the PS3 got released. The only reason X360 even had a lead in consoles was due to it being released a year earlier.
The fact the PS3 is neck and neck with the 360, releasing a year after the 360, should show you how well it has sold.
And since when do gamers only play ins the USA?
Well... I don't talk Japaneses so most of the people I play with play in North America, South America and some places of Europe.

Now... you want figure ok.

Up to right now the Xbox has still sold more units world wide.

Quote:
There were adjustments to the sales figures this week. Most notable were the increases in the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and Vita hardware sales. The PlayStation 3 is now just 50,000 units behind the Xbox 360 and will become the second bestselling home console of the 7th generation in the next couple of weeks. The PlayStation Vita was adjusted above 5 million units.
http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2509...t-behind-x360/

Quote:
The hardware sales apparently beat out the competition, making Xbox the top-selling console in the US for the 27th consecutive month. Global Xbox 360 console sales now top 77.2 million, with 1.3 million in he last quarter.

Microsoft also won the total platform spend tally again, with $402 million dropped by US consumers on hardware, software and accessories.
http://www.vg247.com/2013/04/18/npd-...ecutive-month/

People in the US just prefer the xbox. Deal with it. No a reliable source enough for you? Try this then.

this was back in January... still

Quote:
At least 281,000 people became the brand new owners of an Xbox 360 during the month of January, Microsoft has announced. This feat, as we mentioned yesterday, marks January as the twenty-fifth consecutive month in which the 360 has been the best-selling console in the United States, as well as its eighteenth month as the best-selling piece of gaming hardware in general.

When asked for comment, our Xbox sat there and whirled its disc drive at us, because it's an Xbox, and we don't know what we were expecting.
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/15/28...ld-in-january/

Not enough? Then look up the consoles NPD sales in Google. American play Xbox, the billion Japs play Playstation.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #429
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is where I'm coming from. Games and pricing usually guides my purchasing decision. I don't understand the fanboy angle at all. You know, you can own more than one!

My system progression has been as follows:

2nd Gen
Atari 2600

3rd Gen
Nintendo

4th Gen
Super Nintendo

5th gen
Playstation
N64 - I bought this solely for Golden Eye. It was worth it.

6th Gen
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox

7th Gen
Wii

8th Gen
Probably PS4. This also may be the first generation I don't own a Nintendo system since Nintendo began selling video game systems.
Almost the same! I would have to add the Sega to the 4th Generation and take away the Wii.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:19 AM   #430
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
People in the US just preferred the xbox 360. Deal with it.
fyp
Old 06-13-2013, 10:26 AM   #431
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
fyp
Fair enough!! It's a great time to be a gamer though!

Last edited by Heyneck; 06-13-2013 at 10:31 AM..
Old 06-13-2013, 10:29 AM   #432
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Well... I don't talk Japaneses so most of the people I play with play in North America, South America and some places of Europe.

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/2509...t-behind-x360/
Do you even read what you quote?

Quote:
PlayStation 3 is now just 50,000 units behind the Xbox 360 and will become the second bestselling home console of the 7th generation in the next couple of weeks.
Which means that as of right now, PS3 is the second bestselling console of the 7th generation. (Wii with the #1 spot)

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #433
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Do you even read what you quote?

Which means that as of right now, PS3 is the second bestselling console of the 7th generation. (Wii with the #1 spot)

Have I been saying that its the best selling world console? Try some reading comprehension. I have been stating that it's the best US selling console all this time. Hilarious... you are definitely not grasping at straws. lol

You left this out from your reading... or skipped it

Quote:
marks January as the twenty-fifth consecutive month in which the 360 has been the best-selling console in the United States, as well as its eighteenth month as the best-selling piece of gaming hardware in general.
Old 06-13-2013, 10:40 AM   #434
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Have I been saying that its the best selling world console? Try some reading comprehension. I have been stating that it's the best US selling console all this time. Hilarious... you are definitely not grasping at straws. lol
Try reading your articles before making statements like "Up to right now the Xbox has still sold more units world wide"...which is incorrect per your own link.

Old 06-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #435
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Try reading your articles before making statements like "Up to right now the Xbox has still sold more units world wide"...which is incorrect per your own link.

You are right. The articles is from a few weeks back. Still TheChamp24 asked me for some links and I came across that one first. Some post back claimed that the PS3 had already outsold the 360 since last year.

But before that post not once did I denied that the xbox wasn't getting outselled worldwide by the PS3. With the Asian market that is to be expected. What I have been claiming from the get go is that in the US that is not the case. The xbox 360 rules there. That's just the way it is... and all that matters to me. I could careless what that side of Asia buys. I don't play with them and I can't trade games with them. So?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:58 AM   #436
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:

But you're defending your argument by saying "PS3 is better than 360, because people are buying it as an affordable bluray player now!"

Really, the people soaking up the discounted console costs (at this point in its lifespan) aren't the target demographic for XBox One and PS4.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:54 PM   #437
Willynowei
Some dude

Football is a wonderful thing.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ryan Clady

You guys shouldn't be rooting for either side as much as competitive parity.

I'm guessing people here are looking for better games, after all... right?
Willynowei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 02:57 PM   #438
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willynowei View Post
You guys shouldn't be rooting for either side as much as competitive parity.

I'm guessing people here are looking for better games, after all... right?
Shut up you with your reasonable competition is good argument! Coke and Pepsi cannot survive in the same market! Only Asians can drink the coke, Pepsi is an American tradition.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:40 PM   #439
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
But you're defending your argument by saying "PS3 is better than 360, because people are buying it as an affordable bluray player now!"
Uh, no. Sales was only brought up when talking about the history of console wars in general, not to specifically defend the PS3.

If you followed the thread, my argument is that Microsoft shot themselves in the foot with their restrictive policies and PR fumbles with regards to the Xbone.

On the other hand, Sony clearly learned from their PS3 mistakes, built a machine geared towards gamers and not media BS. When you combine those factors....Sony is clearly going to be running away with this, especially with their price point.
Old 06-13-2013, 04:14 PM   #440
lolcopter

Especially with Microsoft spoon feeding them the global market ala that article about the Asian launch being in late 2014
Old 06-13-2013, 04:31 PM   #441
extralife
Ring of Famer

so we have a CONSOLE WARS!!!1111 thread that has also somehow managed to morph into racist idiocy.

is this the worst thread on the mane? it's pretty close, right?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #442
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

I like boobies. But a nice ass and legs really do it for me too.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:08 PM   #443
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eldorado View Post
I like boobies. But a nice ass and legs really do it for me too.
On that point, I really don't read what Champ is saying but do appreciate his avatar.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 05:30 PM   #444
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:

Again, a lot of gamers are around the world. Just because a console slightly outsells in one place, and is dominated in other places, that doesn't bode well for the future of the console.

This article hurts your case. Also, remember, the 360 had a 1 year head start on the PS3, and PS3 STILL will outsell the 360. Not to mention this article states the PS3 has a 51% market share, with the 360 37%.

I don't see any reference to a specific number of PS3 consoles sold, just a blatant claim that the 360 outsold the PS3.

Quote:
People in the US just prefer the xbox. Deal with it. No a reliable source enough for you? Try this then.

this was back in January... still

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/02/15/28...ld-in-january/

Not enough? Then look up the consoles NPD sales in Google. American play Xbox, the billion Japs play Playstation.
Again, a LOT of people in the US play the PS3. A LOT of people that I knew were XBOX fanboys are completely jumping ship to the PS4 because you know what, its better.
Sony listens, and came up with a brilliant new console and implementations.

PS4 is cheaper, better hardware, and no restrictions. I think people forget how dominant Sega was in the console business back in the '90's, and when one of their new consoles failed hardcore, they couldn't recover. The dreamcast was good, but their image was tarnished.
Microsoft might be in for a rude awakening here.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:31 PM   #445
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Again, a lot of gamers are around the world. Just because a console slightly outsells in one place, and is dominated in other places, that doesn't bode well for the future of the console.

This article hurts your case. Also, remember, the 360 had a 1 year head start on the PS3, and PS3 STILL will outsell the 360. Not to mention this article states the PS3 has a 51% market share, with the 360 37%.

I don't see any reference to a specific number of PS3 consoles sold, just a blatant claim that the 360 outsold the PS3.

Again, a LOT of people in the US play the PS3. A LOT of people that I knew were XBOX fanboys are completely jumping ship to the PS4 because you know what, its better.
Sony listens, and came up with a brilliant new console and implementations.

PS4 is cheaper, better hardware, and no restrictions. I think people forget how dominant Sega was in the console business back in the '90's, and when one of their new consoles failed hardcore, they couldn't recover. The dreamcast was good, but their image was tarnished.
Microsoft might be in for a rude awakening here.
You do know that the xbox market is practically non existent in Japan and most of Asia right? So in a sense i does matter. The US buys more Xbox than Playstations and the Playstation just kicks the living crap out of the xbox in the Asian market. Still, until only a few weeks the Xbox was still the world leader in sold consoles. That should tell you how strong the Xbox is in the US and the rest of the world.

Wow... it's $100 more expensive! Sure that will be it's doom! Sony did ok, plus... the Xbox Elite went for the same $499 and sold by the ****loads. I am a gamer. The better games and best multiplayer experience is on the Xbox as of this e3.

I guess you would be lazy for google so here you go: http://www.geekwire.com/2013/npd-xbo...sales-sink-25/

Quote:
Just days before we get our first look at the next-generation Xbox, Microsoft’s Xbox 360 continues to dominate the U.S. video game industry.

The latest numbers from NPD market research firm are out and the Xbox 360 was the top-selling console in April, marking the 28th straight month atop the U.S. console market.

Microsoft sold 130,000 Xbox 360′s last month — down 50 percent from last month — and also led all consoles in total retail spend (hardware, software and accessories) at $208 million. The Xbox 360 also had six of the top 10 console game titles for March, though Gears of War was the sole Xbox-only game on the list.
Now no enough info... or maybe you must think everybody makes those numbers up. Maybe you can try getting the info on the NPD website: https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/u...e/video-games/

On a last note. Sure, it's a little restrictive on the used games subject (one that in time Sony will move to), but whining about constant INTERNET connection? I found this article on the sight and found it very interesting. Microsoft changed the game when it made you turn to a broadband connection to be able to play on Xbox live. This is something similar. But keep on hating.

https://www.npd.com/wps/portal/npd/u...the-npd-group/

Quote:
Video Game Consoles Will Remain the Most Prominent Connected TV Device

PORT WASHINGTON, NEW YORK, JUNE 6, 2013 – By 2015 there will be an estimated 119 million connected devices, including the TV, delivering broadband Internet to TVs in U.S. homes, a 51 percent increase from the 78.5 million currently Internet connected today, according to a new report from global information company, The NPD Group.
Old 06-13-2013, 06:40 PM   #446
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:45 PM   #447
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Genius!!
Old 06-13-2013, 08:22 PM   #448
lolcopter

Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 PM   #449
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post

This just reminded me that when I looked at a dual shock controller earlier today I realized that there's no way I can switch. Man are those things effing horrible.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 PM   #450
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
This just reminded me that when I looked at a dual shock controller earlier today I realized that there's no way I can switch. Man are those things effing horrible.

Horrible is relative. Neither Sony or Microsoft however are the WiiU controller. And for that we should be thankful.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote