The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #401
Hercules Rockefeller
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DJ Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
So something funny on this whole xbox and Playstation thing.

XBOX release date: 11/30/2013
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Conso...words=xbox+one
PlayStation Release date: 12/30/2013
http://www.amazon.com/PlayStation-4-...=playstation+4

Why miss Christmas?
Those are holding dates for preorders. No release dates have been announced for either system.

COD: Ghosts is coming out 11/5, I doubt XB1 is coming out 3 weeks after that.
Hercules Rockefeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:53 PM   #402
lolcopter

Old 06-12-2013, 09:02 PM   #403
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Why do people keep bringing up the system specs like it matters?

All the games for the next 5 years will be developed with the lowest consoles specs in mind. So having higher specs is irrelevant.

Also, why doesn't anyone mention that XBox Live is WAY ****ING BETTER than PSN?

I own both systems and I absolutely refuse to ever ****ing buy a Multiplayer game on PS3.

I'll be buying both consoles, but really, Madden is all that I'll probably play, and a handful of CROSS PLATFORM FPS, which we will probably all be buying day 1 (which means who cares if we cant borrow our friends').

PC's slaughter both, and will be able to take advantage of superior capabilities. Consoles aren't about benchmark performance. Get off of it.
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 PM   #404
extralife
Ring of Famer

if all you're going to do is play Madden and CoD, why in the **** would you ever buy both systems?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 10:04 PM   #405
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
if all you're going to do is play Madden and CoD, why in the **** would you ever buy both systems?
Because I play a handful of games here and there. Usually I play single player games on PS, and Multiplayer on Xbox.

I have friends that play on both.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 PM   #406
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Lol!!! Fanboy much? Xbox360 has beaten SonyPS3 sales pretty much every month it has been out on the market. And every month in the US since it's release. I could care less what other 100 million guys in Asia buy!
Fact is Sony outsells Microsoft every generation and will do so again by a wide margin.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:21 PM   #407
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
ohhh did you guys watch the Sony conference where the PS4 was unable to handle a PS3 game in Assassins Creed 4? Lol! That was a fail!
This picture sums up the conferences.

Old 06-12-2013, 11:42 PM   #408
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Fact is Sony outsells Microsoft every generation and will do so again by a wide margin.
Worldwide sales figures

Wii – 99.84 million as of 31 March 2013[8]
PlayStation 3 – 70 million as of 4 November 2012[53] (IDC January 2013 estimate: "about 77 million")[54][55]
Xbox 360 – 74.94 million as of 31 December 2012[56]

Next try.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 PM   #409
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Well it outsell it because of the population in Asia, mainly Japan. It has never outsold it once in the US. Not one single month since it was released.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:24 AM   #410
boltaneer

ATTA BABY!

I don't understand the fanboy thing. Why not just look at things objectively, otherwise you're just cheating yourself.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 12:51 AM   #411
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Worldwide sales figures

Wii – 99.84 million as of 31 March 2013[8]
PlayStation 3 – 70 million as of 4 November 2012[53] (IDC January 2013 estimate: "about 77 million")[54][55]
Xbox 360 – 74.94 million as of 31 December 2012[56]

Next try.
Try reading your own numbers again, PS3 is 3 million sales ahead there. Latest figures would put it at 1 million.

Quote:
In a new report entitled "Worldwide Video Game and Entertainment Console Hardware and Packaged Software 2012-2016," IDC says that Sony passed Microsoft's worldwide numbers in the recent holiday season. PlayStation 3's worldwide sales numbers now stand at 77 million, compared to Xbox 360's 76 million.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...-xbox-360.aspx
Old 06-13-2013, 12:54 AM   #412
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Well it outsell it because of the population in Asia, mainly Japan. It has never outsold it once in the US. Not one single month since it was released.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:51 AM   #413
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Dude discs are going away. Someone has to build a model to allow people to sell digitally distributed games, which MS appears to be trying. They're also letting developers do the same thing with optical media because differentiating rights based on how the media was delivered wouldn't really be fair either. Its a sticky issue but sticking to the "you have to stick a disc from the game store in" model is riding a dinosaur. The alternative is no used game market at all next time around.
It will be a while until discs go away when the average broadband user in the U.S. has a 1-2mbps connection and games are in the 30-50 GB range. Not to mention ISPs trying to introduce monthly bandwidth caps already.

I'm digital only on my Vita and I have a lot of digital content on my PS3 and 360 (though most of the PS3 stuff comes from PS+). I have a 60mbps broadband connection and get great download speeds. I'm still not interested in an all digital download future in the next several years, it's simply not viable.

To be honest, I think there is a good chance we'll skip over digital download entirely and move to a streaming service for video games. Gaikai is a solid set up today and getting better all the time. Now it has a hell of a lot more financial muscle behind it (when Sony bought them) and is designing a single hardware interface that will let them make better use of the local hardware to assist the stream quality. It'll be a Netflix style service for gaming and requires no massive single download to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
older article, but relevant

they have a pretty lol ps4 mockup, prob worth clicking just for that
The big mistake with the part you quoted was that they didn't explain how the PS3's TFLOP number was calculated by Nvidia, while the 360, PS4, and Xbox One's were all done by ATi. They use dramatically different formulas.

Now the silicon is like to like, based off the same family of GPUs. The numbers comparison really does hold up because you can compare what each one is most like in the graphics market and get a pretty good picture. Across the board the PS4's GPU is more like the Radeon 7850 while the Xbox One is more like the 7770. There is a tangible performance gap between those cards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Why do people keep bringing up the system specs like it matters?

All the games for the next 5 years will be developed with the lowest consoles specs in mind. So having higher specs is irrelevant.

Also, why doesn't anyone mention that XBox Live is WAY ****ING BETTER than PSN?

I own both systems and I absolutely refuse to ever ****ing buy a Multiplayer game on PS3.

I'll be buying both consoles, but really, Madden is all that I'll probably play, and a handful of CROSS PLATFORM FPS, which we will probably all be buying day 1 (which means who cares if we cant borrow our friends').

PC's slaughter both, and will be able to take advantage of superior capabilities. Consoles aren't about benchmark performance. Get off of it.
Doubtful. They're all x86 based systems now, optimization will be very simple for each system. Also PC has scaled to different hardware for years upon years, and now the PS4 and Xbox One are nearly identical to that PC hardware, they'll just roll the scaled assets from the PC version over to the consoles and lock them in at what they can best handle.
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #414
lolcopter

Quote:
Asian gamers will have to wait a year longer than their American counterparts to get their hands on Microsoft’s Xbox One, which will only be available in the region in late 2014, a year after its U.S. launch this November.
Old 06-13-2013, 08:13 AM   #415
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Again... who cares what does dudes over there get. The xbox has never sold well over there. Microsoft even thought about discontinuing the sales over there. Still Microsoft has outsold the playstation every month since it's release in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:14 AM   #416
lolcopter

Seeing as you're the one not shutting up about the Asian market I thought you would care
Old 06-13-2013, 08:52 AM   #417
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Again... who cares what does dudes over there get. The xbox has never sold well over there. Microsoft even thought about discontinuing the sales over there. Still Microsoft has outsold the playstation every month since it's release in the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
I'm not finding anything that stakes to this claim of yours. Please provide a reliable source. All I've seen are biased reports stating X360 outsold the PS3, but Sony apparently never releases numbers, so how can they know.
Everything I've read states PS3 has outsold X360 since the PS3 got released. The only reason X360 even had a lead in consoles was due to it being released a year earlier.
The fact the PS3 is neck and neck with the 360, releasing a year after the 360, should show you how well it has sold.
And since when do gamers only play ins the USA?
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:59 AM   #418
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Since you were ranting and raving about Microsoft's business model earlier, I thought the bolded was funny. Who cares what consumers think overseas, **** em. That's a winning business model!

Quote:
According to a note from Baird Technology Research analyst Colin Sebastian, the PS4 is currently outselling the Xbox One on Amazon.com and GameStop pre-orders. Sebastian added that the competition is intense, and with the PS4 positioned as more of a pure gaming platform than the Xbox One, Sony needs to engage gamers proactively in order to maintain this edge. The report also confirms that next gen games will retain the $60 price point of current gen games.

“Sony gained an advantage at that $400 price point,” said Michael Pachter, video game analyst, Wedbush Securities. “Most gamers don’t yet appreciate why they need the Kinect functionality, and don’t perceive the need for Skype or cable TV through their consoles, so Microsoft’s $100 price differential sounds unwarranted to them.”

Pachter believes the lower price point, coupled with Sony’s open system that allows for used games to be played and shared freely, as well as true offline play, will result in sales of 12 to 15 million PS4s in the first year. He forecasts Microsoft will come in second place with 9 to 10 million Xbox Ones sold in the first year.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...rtner=yahootix
Old 06-13-2013, 09:11 AM   #419
Eldorado
Formerly orange&blue

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pot Roast

Holy f***, this thread is a **** show. It's like a spastic-dork slap fight.
Eldorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:20 AM   #420
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltaneer View Post
I don't understand the fanboy thing. Why not just look at things objectively, otherwise you're just cheating yourself.
This is where I'm coming from. Games and pricing usually guides my purchasing decision. I don't understand the fanboy angle at all. You know, you can own more than one!

My system progression has been as follows:

2nd Gen
Atari 2600

3rd Gen
Nintendo

4th Gen
Super Nintendo

5th gen
Playstation
N64 - I bought this solely for Golden Eye. It was worth it.

6th Gen
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox

7th Gen
Wii

8th Gen
Probably PS4. This also may be the first generation I don't own a Nintendo system since Nintendo began selling video game systems.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:30 AM   #421
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
It will be a while until discs go away when the average broadband user in the U.S. has a 1-2mbps connection and games are in the 30-50 GB range. Not to mention ISPs trying to introduce monthly bandwidth caps already.
Not sure that's average, but if you think about it people living where only that kind of bandwidth is available probably don't exactly live next door to a Gamestop either. For many of those people, shipping is the only real alternative. And even at 1.5Mbps, downloading will usually be faster than shipping.

Quote:
To be honest, I think there is a good chance we'll skip over digital download entirely and move to a streaming service for video games. Gaikai is a solid set up today and getting better all the time. Now it has a hell of a lot more financial muscle behind it (when Sony bought them) and is designing a single hardware interface that will let them make better use of the local hardware to assist the stream quality. It'll be a Netflix style service for gaming and requires no massive single download to play.
Meh. That kind of platform will be good for MMO type platforms someday. But you can't go from an argument about the need for raw horsepower and 6 gig of gddr5, and then start talking about streaming games. It would take a ****load of bandwidth to deliver anything close to high-end graphics. And that's not even getting into the latency issues. Though I guess if the streaming service hosted multiplayer, that might alleviate some of that problem (if you're primarily into multiplayer)

Quote:
Now the silicon is like to like, based off the same family of GPUs. The numbers comparison really does hold up because you can compare what each one is most like in the graphics market and get a pretty good picture. Across the board the PS4's GPU is more like the Radeon 7850 while the Xbox One is more like the 7770. There is a tangible performance gap between those cards.
This is really kinda depressing when you think about it. So if we're lucky, the PS4 will be right about on par with a 2-generation old 5870 that was released 4 years ago. I think the biggest thing this "next gen" might do is drive real enthusiasts back to PC (where they belong )
Old 06-13-2013, 09:32 AM   #422
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
This is where I'm coming from. Games and pricing usually guides my purchasing decision. I don't understand the fanboy angle at all. You know, you can own more than one!

2nd Gen
Atari 2600

3rd Gen
Nintendo

4th Gen
Super Nintendo

5th gen
Playstation

6th Gen
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox

7th Gen
Wii

8th Gen
Probably PS4. This also may be the first generation I don't own a Nintendo system since Nintendo began selling video game systems.
I was stride for stride with you until the 7th gen, then I went PS3 only.

I was seriously considering the purchase of an XBOX in addition to the Sony this go around, but I'm probably going to scrap that and get back into Nintendo. I really enjoy the family/friends aspect of things like wii sports, and also have a hankering for some Zelda/Mario. It seems like the most "interactive" of the systems in terms of getting a group of people involved.

EDIT: Now that I say that, I just went to check out the new offerings...I'm not sure how sports are going to work with the new controller!

Last edited by Boobs McGee; 06-13-2013 at 09:43 AM..
Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:33 AM   #423
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

2nd Gen
Atari 2600

3rd Gen
Nintendo

4th Gen
Super Nintendo

5th gen
Playstation

6th Gen
PS2
Gamecube
Xbox

7th Gen
Wii

8th Gen
What, no 3do? I'm hurt.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:38 AM   #424
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
What, no 3do? I'm hurt.
My buddy had a TurboGrafx16
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote