The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 08:51 PM   #226
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
No, 50% of 62 is 31.
They would have to lose 19 games now to get to .500, so they are 19 games over .500.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 03:59 PM   #227
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
They would have to lose 19 games now to get to .500, so they are 19 games over .500.
No, if you've played 62 games and you speak in terms of being .500, your reference point becomes 31 games.

You should brush up on your math.

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 06-11-2013 at 04:02 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 07:33 PM   #228
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

I haven't watched a baseball game since the WS lost to the cub in the 1st game of their series, I had a bad feeling about them after that. Usually the team that loses the cross town series goes right in the tank.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:14 PM   #229
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinals beat the Mets 9-3 behind another rookie pitcher, Michael Wacha.

42-22. Twenty games over .500 with a little less than 100 games to go.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 08:36 PM   #230
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
No, if you've played 62 games and you speak in terms of being .500, your reference point becomes 31 games.

You should brush up on your math.
They already played those games, its done, in order to get to .500, they would need to lose 20 games in a row. So they are now 20 games over .500.
Old 06-11-2013, 09:32 PM   #231
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Max Scherzer goes to 9-0 on the season, as the Tigers beat the Royals 3-2.

Scherzer became the first Tigers starter to begin the season 9-0 since Vern Kennedy in 1938.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:41 PM   #232
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

So Kennedy is a punk. Hit to people in the head, second one was clearly on purpose.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 AM   #233
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Mattingly throws down.

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 06:06 AM   #234
TheChamp24

The Legend

I totally expect to see some suspensions coming way to some players/coaches for that.
I don't think the Puig was on purpose, but Greinke hitting Montero and Kenedy hitting Greinke were.
I never understood why players/teams go out in brawls like that. Show up the other guy by winning the game, not throwing punches.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:10 AM   #235
TonyR
Franchise Poster

How about Bartolo Colon, now 8-2 with a 2.92 ERA for the A's. Ridic.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 01:22 PM   #236
Drunken.Broncoholic

Munenori Kawasaki has the best personality in baseball. He's what athletes should be like. Simply amazing how this guy interacts and approaches life. If he wasn't in Toronto and was in a bigger market he'd be all over the news based on him as a person. I was at the giants jays game and during warmups he was throwing to giants fans. Playing catch with the fans. Was throwing from left field into the bleachers with a 10 year old kid. Back and forth for like 10 min. Then came over and had fun with the fans with his accent.

Incredible guy.
Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #237
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Dodgers-Diamondbacks rivalry going too far

Sorry, but I’m not buying what Ian Kennedy is selling.
He might not have been trying to plunk Dodgers rookie Yasiel Puig on the end of the nose with his high, tight 92-mile-per-hour fastball Tuesday night at Dodgers Stadium, but I find it hard to believe he didn’t intend to hit him at all.
Or at least to deliver a message by throwing way inside.
And there is even less doubt about whether he was going after Dodgers pitcher Zack Greinke, who had just thrown at Diamondbacks catcher Miquel Montero in retaliation for the Puig pitch.
The Dodgers clearly don’t believe it, which is why the game – won by LA – turned ugly. Perhaps they remembered Kennedy throwing inside against their ace, Clayton Kershaw, last season.
That was in response, presumably, to the Dodgers taking offense to Gerardo Parra the season prior when they thought he did a bit too much preening after a home run. Kershaw plunked him the next day.
Funny that earlier Tuesday in a conversation with Diamondbacks president/CEO Derrick Hall about Puig, I mentioned Parra’s terrific throw in the opener of the series that got Puig at third base.
“Parra always steps up against the Dodgers,” Hall noted. “There’s something about the Dodgers that brings something out of him. He stands a little taller, he puffs out his chest a little more.”
There’s something about the Dodgers that brings that out of all the Diamondbacks, which will make the remaining 11 games between the two teams even more interesting.
Nothing wrong with some heat in a rivalry, a little bad blood or even vigilante justice.
But the head-hunting has to stop.
http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/bo...3/06/12/63585/
Old 06-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #238
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Shame on Ian Kennedy

Wanna fight? Pick a side.

That’s how it works at times like this. Sports fans defend their own, turning cheeks to reason, especially if it involves teams from Phoenix and Los Angeles.

Sorry.

The bench-clearing brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers was ugly, riveting, reminiscent of a different era in Major League Baseball. And in the end, Ian Kennedy should be ashamed.

Twice, the Diamondbacks’ ace appeared to throw at a batter’s head. The latter came against the opposing pitcher, after the score had apparently been settled.

At a time when head injuries are not to be trivialized, it appears that Kennedy purposely endangered a fellow player. He will face a lengthy suspension that will further tax the Diamondbacks’ pitching staff, all but assuring Josh Collmenter’s return to the starting rotation.

It began when Kennedy plunked Yasiel Puig with a pitch that glanced off his nose. Kennedy’s reaction made it clear he did not intend to hit the batter. And Kennedy’s history with this stuff – he led the National League in plunked batters last season – suggests he can get a bit loose when working the inside corners.

But it’s also Yasiel Puig, a kid who has sparked a new kind of Fernando-mania in Los Angeles. Even if Kennedy had zero intent, the outcome demanded retribution. It demanded that the Dodgers stick up for their young star.

What would you expect if an opposing pitcher accidentally plunked Paul Goldschmidt in the face?

When Zack Greinke retaliated by hitting Miguel Montero, he followed proper protocol. He hit him in the square of the back, and at that point, the game within the game should’ve been over.

For Kennedy to follow with a pitch at Greinke’s head is unconscionable.

I know there are mitigating factors and things we don’t know. I understand Greinke isn’t exactly beloved inside the lines. Earlier in the season, Greinke hit Carlos Quentin with a pitch that send the hitter into a blind rage.

Tuesday’s brawl was even more heated, more like a hockey scrum. The skirmishing coaches represented a clash of titans. Mark McGwire’s ridiculous fury invited a string of steroid-related jokes.

It was great theater, but not a great night for baseball. And in the end, it’s going to cost Kennedy and his team.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/da...n-ian-kennedy/
Old 06-12-2013, 05:35 PM   #239
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

So Az writers don't think Kennedy throwing at head was the right choice.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:11 PM   #240
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Shame on Ian Kennedy

Wanna fight? Pick a side.

That’s how it works at times like this. Sports fans defend their own, turning cheeks to reason, especially if it involves teams from Phoenix and Los Angeles.

Sorry.

The bench-clearing brawl between the Diamondbacks and Dodgers was ugly, riveting, reminiscent of a different era in Major League Baseball. And in the end, Ian Kennedy should be ashamed.

Twice, the Diamondbacks’ ace appeared to throw at a batter’s head. The latter came against the opposing pitcher, after the score had apparently been settled.

At a time when head injuries are not to be trivialized, it appears that Kennedy purposely endangered a fellow player. He will face a lengthy suspension that will further tax the Diamondbacks’ pitching staff, all but assuring Josh Collmenter’s return to the starting rotation.

It began when Kennedy plunked Yasiel Puig with a pitch that glanced off his nose. Kennedy’s reaction made it clear he did not intend to hit the batter. And Kennedy’s history with this stuff – he led the National League in plunked batters last season – suggests he can get a bit loose when working the inside corners.

But it’s also Yasiel Puig, a kid who has sparked a new kind of Fernando-mania in Los Angeles. Even if Kennedy had zero intent, the outcome demanded retribution. It demanded that the Dodgers stick up for their young star.

What would you expect if an opposing pitcher accidentally plunked Paul Goldschmidt in the face?

When Zack Greinke retaliated by hitting Miguel Montero, he followed proper protocol. He hit him in the square of the back, and at that point, the game within the game should’ve been over.

For Kennedy to follow with a pitch at Greinke’s head is unconscionable.

I know there are mitigating factors and things we don’t know. I understand Greinke isn’t exactly beloved inside the lines. Earlier in the season, Greinke hit Carlos Quentin with a pitch that send the hitter into a blind rage.

Tuesday’s brawl was even more heated, more like a hockey scrum. The skirmishing coaches represented a clash of titans. Mark McGwire’s ridiculous fury invited a string of steroid-related jokes.

It was great theater, but not a great night for baseball. And in the end, it’s going to cost Kennedy and his team.

http://www.azcentral.com/insiders/da...n-ian-kennedy/
I imagine Kennedy will get probably 10 games, which is essentially 2 starts. Puig might face a suspension, as well as Bellisario and some coaches.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:26 PM   #241
bombay
Ring of Famer

Mets beat the Cardinals, 5-1. Rookie righthander Shelby Miller falls to 7-4.

If they lose their next 19, they'll be a .500 team.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:54 PM   #242
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
I imagine Kennedy will get probably 10 games, which is essentially 2 starts. Puig might face a suspension, as well as Bellisario and some coaches.
Curious to see if there will be fines or suspensions for those on the DL that stepped out onto the field.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:12 PM   #243
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I'm glad Chris Withrow was brought up. The kid can toss some heat! 100 MPH set up man is something LA could use. Way better then League!!!
Old 06-12-2013, 09:31 PM   #244
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I'm glad Chris Withrow was brought up. The kid can toss some heat! 100 MPH set up man is something LA could use. Way better then League!!!
League is hot garbage. I knew we lost when they put him in the other night vs the dbags.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:34 PM   #245
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
League is hot garbage. I knew we lost when they put him in the other night vs the dbags.
Yeah I hope he never pitches again for LA. Even the saves he did make ended up being harder then they should have been.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:03 PM   #246
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Jose Valverde blew another save today....I couldn't believe it when the Tigers brought him back this season in a sign of desperation.

They need to go out and trade for a closer during the season.

Valverde's blown save today ruined a gem by Justin Verlander.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:57 PM   #247
bombay
Ring of Famer

Adam Wainwright is the first 10 game winner at 10-3. He shut out the Mets for 7 innings in a 2-1 win. Matt Harvey lost for the first time, even though he gave up 1 run in 7.

43-23
Old 06-14-2013, 02:29 AM   #248
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

DENVER -- An MRI on Thursday night revealed that Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki has a broken rib, the Denver Post reported.

Tulowitzki, hitting .347 with 16 home runs this season, is headed to the disabled list and is expected to miss four to six weeks, according to MLB.com.
Old 06-14-2013, 06:07 AM   #249
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
DENVER -- An MRI on Thursday night revealed that Colorado Rockies shortstop Troy Tulowitzki has a broken rib, the Denver Post reported.

Tulowitzki, hitting .347 with 16 home runs this season, is headed to the disabled list and is expected to miss four to six weeks, according to MLB.com.
I can't believe Tulo's crappy breaks with injuries. Another month missed in a season due to something out of his control.
Best SS in the game by far, hopefully he can make it back around the All Star break.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #250
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Just revisiting all the trades the Mariners have made over the past 5-6 years where we gave up great players for nothing. Wish we didn't get rid of Mike Carp to Boston for turds and pennies.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote