The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #351
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heyneck View Post
Yes really! Sure maybe the guy didn't say it in the best and kindest way... but what would you expect? That they would change the business model just because of a backlash generated by console fan boys? Lol! That's how business fail. Sure you listen to your costumers, but it they have a business model that they are positive is going to work, in no way will they back down.

And... it's been put out there loud and clear that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect included. Hence the price difenrential between both consoles.
They changed their business model because they WANTED to. The video game industry has had the same distribution model since its inception and it has worked rather well since then. Has technology evolved to the point where games could be downloaded and updated solely OTA? Sure, but the reasoning behind doing so for Microsoft is to appease game distributors, not provide any real new value to consumers.

Kinect is required for the $499 xbone. PS eye is $59 for the $399 PS4... Sony is still cheaper / a way better value
Old 06-12-2013, 03:48 PM   #352
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by lolcopter View Post
lol heyneck, glad to see someone still fanboying it up for xbone

Microsofts current business model is pushing everything into mobile format ASAP, who cares if the infrastructures in place are ready or not...

Windows 8 -- jamming a phablet overlay what would otherwise be a solid OS, because they're trying to FORCE consumers into that paradigm. They've created a solution to a problem that doesn't even exist. And now they this bastardized metro overlay in which a developer could ship windows rt "apps" that are only compatible in that very tiny niche environment.

Apple and google have it right -- despite minor display differences, you can run iOS apps on both iPhone and iPad, same as running android apk's on both android phones and tablets. There is a cross compatibility between the phone and tablet environments. Can you run windows phone apps on RT or vice versa? NOPE, but you can run legit desktop apps underneath all the wannabe tablet bs

Now to the gaming side, I don't see how anyone can apologize for the blatantly anti-consumer model they're pushing forward with the xbone. Again, "oh you have a phone that can download games directly, update them OTA, and you can't loan them to a friend??" LET'S MAKE OUR CONSOLE DO THAT TOO!!!! Why? Cuz it's the future duh

Oh you have a good interns connection? Oh you don't loan games? Oh you don't buy used games? Oh you don't mind having kinect be MANDATORY on your always connected device? Cool story bro, you're one of the last remaining Xbox fanboys after this flaming turd has been trotted out.

Loved the part about Sony being a jap company on the decline though. They at least learned from mistakes made during the ps3 launch, and they're well aware they're a HARDWARE company, unlike Microsoft which is a software company trying to become a services/hardware company. The xbone was their last real shot at accomplishing that rather large goal, but it looks like that's going the way of windows rt tablets well before its even released.

Sony has better hardware.
Sony has better consumer policies.
Sony has less regional restrictions for games/systems.
Sony doesn't have a BS used game policy that is yet to be completely hashed out.
Sony doesn't recommend you playing the ps3 if you don't like certain features of ps4.

Microsoft is a huge ****ing joke right now and they have yet to make any strides in correcting their errors.

Have fun with all that though.
Lol!! What? You Sir are the definition of Fan Boy. Ohh and FYI... Sony didn't develop the hardware for the PS4 this time. Investigate and look it up. If you think the same business model of used games won't be coming to the PS4 is delusional. I would make a bet with anyone here that a year from today PS4 will be charging for used games. Other companies expect it, it's just the consumers that can't deal with that reality.
Heyneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:53 PM   #353
lolcopter

Quote:
Lol!! What? You Sir are the definition of Fan Boy. Ohh and FYI... Sony didn't develop the hardware for the PS4 this time. Investigate and look it up. If you think the same business model of used games won't be coming to the PS4 is delusional. I would make a bet with anyone here that a year from today PS4 will be charging for used games. Other companies expect it, it's just the consumers that can't deal with that reality.
You're the one defending a newly released console that EVERYONE included former Xbox fanboys have grilled

Sony may not allow used games with regard to downloaded PSN games and they COULD possibly leave it up to the developers, but given the huge backlash MS just received I don't see that happening to disc based games anytime soon
Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #354
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Doesn't look like it to me:

Quote:
Sony lost most of it's best exclusives. Metal Gear Solid, Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts. Xbox won as the "Best Gaming Console".
MGS only had one PS3 iteration, early in it's life, and the HD collection came out on both consoles.

Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 both came out on the 360.

The last Kingdom Hearts game was for Nintendo DS.

Your definition of Sony's big exclusives comes from the PS2 era apparently. During the PS3's life Sony defined the console via their own first party offerings. Through the last several years while MS was closing down studios (like FASA) and losing their top studio to "free agency" (Bungie) Sony has been ramping up first party development at a break neck pace. The PS3 sold on the back of Sony's first party studios and the PS4 is poised to take that even further with how many studios they've split, opened, and how well they're now integrating Sony Online Entertainment into the package.

Quote:
Pissed about internet connection and the used and loaned games? Deal with it an roll with the times. When the original Xbox was announced, it practically obligated people to move on from Dial up modems to cable. I keep my console connected to the internet now days all the time... and that's me living in a 3rd world country like Colombia.
I didn't realize keeping up with the times meant sacrificing my right as a consumer to own the products I physically purchased.

Quote:
And since Sony left it to the publishers to charge for the used games, I have no doubt that they will be adopting the same business model that Microsoft has proposed. Money of used games will go to the publishers on the Xbox. There will be a market for them... and a big one. Think the publishers won't ask the same from Sony once they see they are making money on the Xbox?
Publishers can't charge for used games with the PS4, there is no game licensing block in place to do so and the console doesn't have to "call home" so it's impossible to check.

They could make a single player game require a connection to their server like Ubisoft's PC DRM for several games last generation, but then they've always been able to do that and even Ubisoft dropped that on their PC titles when it started killing their sales.

Microsoft's model only works if the publishers can hide behind the console. When each publisher has to handle it on their own it lacks uniformity. As soon as it isn't uniform the ones who add DRM lose sales to the ones who don't. This is why publishers all rallied around Steam and Steamworks on PC. Everyone working on the same DRM footing, maximizing sales.

Quote:
The big losers in all of this on the long run will be stores like Gamestop and their like. Fine by me!
You should read up on this more. Microsoft has said that approved retail partners will be able to buy and sell used games at the discretion of the game's publisher. The only approved retail partner announced so far is Gamestop, and both Redbox and Gamefly have made it quite clear they weren't invited to that little party.

So instead of hurting Gamestop it will instead prevent you from selling your used game to anyone BUT Gamestop, effectively giving them a monopoly on both used game trade-ins and sales. In exchange they pass a vig up to the publishers.

Quote:
Xbox one looks great! Still has the best controller (that PS4 one is one fugly son of a gun),
Supposed to play like a dream. Bungie even helped them design the analog sticks. I don't spend much time looking at the controller when I'm playing.

Quote:
and now can say I have the game franchises that I always envied from Sony.
If you've envied Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts you're doing it wrong man.

Quote:
Plus, we still have Halo and finally some awesome looking exclusives. Titanfall and Rise look awesome!!!
1. Halo is being made by 343 who made the worst Halo to date with Halo 4 when they just copy pasted Bungie's design. That template has been worn thin with all the spin offs and sequels they've been churning out.

2. Titanfall is a timed exclusive from EA. It's a one year deal, FYI, and it's also on PC.

3. Ryse (spelled with a "y") is a former Kinect game remapped to a controller. It's being made by Crytek who's Crysis games have been steadily declining in quality since the original. The game has some of the most shallow gameplay I've ever seen (QTEs for combat, auto aimed spears that magically appear in your hands, moving along a straight line corridor masked as a battlefield).

These really shouldn't be your "MS got the exclusives!" argument. Try Forza 5 (even though they're removing the auction house, weather, and night time racing), Quantum Break (from the makers of Alan Wake), and Below (new rougelike from Capy).
Drek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 03:57 PM   #355
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
They haven't made any mistake on the PR front, it's a business model they are betting on.
They haven't made a single PR mistake? Wow.

I just posted an article from Forbes, the author wrote a detailed opinion piece on why Microsoft Xbone is going down the tubes. Microsoft hasn't explained their DRM policies in full, they haven't talked about the Kinect's capabilities which is their central piece to the console. They haven't had a good response to the privacy concerns, so much that Germany is putting the Xbone launch on hold until they can figure out more with an investigation.

Speaking of business model, what kind of business model is successful when you force consumers to have an add-on to the console that is waning tremendously in popularity and makes the console cost more in mass production? PS4 specs are better than the Xbone, AND its cheaper.

Sooooo given all that...how in sam hill is that business model going to be successful for Microsoft?

Quote:
You guys make me laugh so much. Betting against a company that makes money on pretty much everything it throws out against a Jap company that is really going down the drain on an economic level. Think what you will, but Sony won't be existing in a couple years unless the PS4 somehow saves them their certain doom.
Makes me laugh that you think Microsoft is doing great. Windows 8 bombed, their phone sucks, and now the Xbone...

Sony has been in console wars longer than Microsoft and has beaten Microsoft in sales every time. Even when Sony screwed themselves in how they rolled out the PS3, they still beat Microsoft in sales.

Quote:
FYI... servicemen overseas have access to game stations with internet in most cases. I used to play Halo 3 with a handful of friends touring in Irak and Afghanistan. So really... they will be enjoying their Xbox One and Halo 5 thank you.
In some if not most of those cases, they aren't the kind of internet connection that we would enjoy here in the United States. Also what happens if the servicemen don't connect the Xbone to the internet every 24 hours? Since you know, they have other things to do like chasing down bad guys. What happens then? That's right they get screwed.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:01 PM   #356
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
You're the one defending a newly released console that EVERYONE included former Xbox fanboys have grilled

Sony may not allow used games with regard to downloaded PSN games and they COULD possibly leave it up to the developers, but given the huge backlash MS just received I don't see that happening to disc based games anytime soon
I'd say all this is all a bit premature. The key differentiator is M$ is forcing Kinect on everyone. That alone will determine the fate of their next gen. If Kinect is brilliant and it becomes a new must-have feature that nobody else can deliver... they'll look like geniuses.

I doubt that'll be the case. But it's too early to start digging any graves. You'd have to think there's some kind of reasoning behind what they're doing though. And it's hopefully more than being able to more accurately map the sprinkler in Just Dance 5.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:02 PM   #357
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
They haven't made any mistake on the PR front, it's a business model they are betting on. Kind of like when they bet on the original Xbox connecting through cable instead of dial up on a time when it was barely adapted by most of the world. Look how things work now days.

You guys make me laugh so much. Betting against a company that makes money on pretty much everything it throws out against a Jap company that is really going down the drain on an economic level. Think what you will, but Sony won't be existing in a couple years unless the PS4 somehow saves them their certain doom.

FYI... servicemen overseas have access to game stations with internet in most cases. I used to play Halo 3 with a handful of friends touring in Irak and Afghanistan. So really... they will be enjoying their Xbox One and Halo 5 thank you.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #358
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Both Microsoft and Sony provided a large number of hardware engineers to AMD to customize their designs.

The end result is that the PS4 is significantly better hardware. It has a 50% faster GPU, the came CPU but with one less core locked away to the OS, 2GB more memory available for games, and memory with significantly faster bandwidth.

On top of that, actual game developers have outright stated that the software development tools Sony has provided are well ahead of what Microsoft has been giving them.

Also, how exactly can the PS4 charge for used games when it doesn't have an online check to verify a game as new or used?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:03 PM   #359
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Sony is not charging at all for used games. You buy the game, it is yours to do with as you please. Sony does not require a "check in" with Sony servers to play games in the first place. Final Fantasy is on the PS4. Not sure what you meant by Sony exclusives. The most popular games that were exclusive to Sony were God of War, Little Big Planet, Uncharted and InFamous. They are not going anywhere.

Microsoft is making the same mistakes Sony originally made with the PS3 as far as price. Sony has a more powerful machine for $100 less. They also seem to be offering better independent game content and if you do not do multiplayer, you do not pay Sony for the right to go online through the PS4 for netflix, amazon prime, vudu, music, ect.

Both systems look awesome, but Microsoft is basically saying they do not trust their consumers, Sony is saying "go nuts". So at this stage its a matter of personal preference. I like Sony, I am getting a PS4. The power of Halo 5 (woo?) or the ability to say "xbox on" does not compel me to spend $500. And where did you see "Xbox won" best gaming console when it is not out yet?

First of, I said xbox one won, not that it won e3 or the popular vote. I am a gamer, and as of right now, the better games are coming to the Xbox One.

By exclusives I meant that what got me going back to the huge paper holder called the PS3 where the great games I grew up playing. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kingdom hearts and many more. Final Fantasy Versus was a PS3 game that was exclusive and never got to see the light on that system. Now it's also coming to the xbox. Same for Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts.

Sure God of War is/was a great Franchise. But the last game was crap. Lol at little big planet. Project Spark looks way more interesting than that crap. Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece... 3 was bad. Plus... the new Tomb Raider totally kicked it's ass, even after uncharted took almost all from the originals. And infamous? Really? Anyway... There was a time when a lot of sony payers said the same. We got Metal Gear, Final Fantasy...etc, they ain't going nowhere! Well, look at those games now.

And in no way is the PS4 a more powerful console for $100 less. Look what a cloud gaming allows the Xbox to improve the console and it's performance down the years. Look up Forza 5 commentary in e3 so you get an idea.

Yup... both systems do look great. But beating down Microsoft because it means a change in the way you play games is just downright wrong. They did it with the Xbox, they will be successful with the Xbox One.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:05 PM   #360
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
So xbox gets to use my internet connection for free- to see, monitor and determine if I have too many people playing a game on my xbox at a time. I however, have to pay them to use the internet to play other people online?

They use my highspeed internet I pay for for free. They get all the knowlege of clothing brands, paint colors, types of furniture all that marketing stuff for free- through my internet connection.

But I have to pay to play through their system.

Yeaaaaaa?
News flash!!!! If you want to play multiplayer on PS4 you will have to pay playstation + service. So your point is?
Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #361
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
They changed their business model because they WANTED to. The video game industry has had the same distribution model since its inception and it has worked rather well since then. Has technology evolved to the point where games could be downloaded and updated solely OTA? Sure, but the reasoning behind doing so for Microsoft is to appease game distributors, not provide any real new value to consumers.

Kinect is required for the $499 xbone. PS eye is $59 for the $399 PS4... Sony is still cheaper / a way better value
PS eye sucks monkey balls. Ohh and xbone? Really? Look out people! We have a fanboy here!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:07 PM   #362
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Yes really! Sure maybe the guy didn't say it in the best and kindest way... but what would you expect? That they would change the business model just because of a backlash generated by console fan boys? Lol! That's how business fail. Sure you listen to your costumers, but it they have a business model that they are positive is going to work, in no way will they back down.

And... it's been put out there loud and clear that the Xbox One comes with the Kinect included. Hence the price difenrential between both consoles.
You don't understand PR. If there is a better way to deliver it, then delivering it in a better way creates better PR.

You're arguing that Microsoft has had good PR for the Xbox One... Thats just completely incorrect and shows you don't understand good PR from bad PR.

PR is all about directing the public conversation into positives that ultimately drive people to support your business. It isn't directly related to the business model. A business model should have a place for marketing and creating and generating positive public relations. PR doesn't include the business model. A square is a rectangle, but a rectangle isn't always a square.

Good PR Xbox: Our always online connection allows the Xbox to continuously update so the consumer is receiving the best the machine has to offer all the time. We've created a machine that will ultimately enhance the users experience by having an internet connection.

Bad PR Xbox: No Internet, by the model that came out 7 years ago.

Good PR BP: We're going to do everything we can to clean up this oil spill. We're going to bring in fresh food and donate millions of dollars into the community while we attack this matter. We want to be sure that this oil spill has only the barest effect on anyone's livelihood or the environment.

Bad PR BP: Well the government didn't properly check our equipment, so its their fault. Petition your congressmen to get this problem fixed.

Good PR Apple: This phone is the most innovative thing you'll ever see.

Bad PR Apple: This phone is just like our last phone, but can now take panoramic pictures.

Good PR Netflix: We're going to bring our streaming customers some great new original programming. We're going to bring back Arrested Development, because we want to make our customers happy.

Bad PR Netflix: We're going to raise prices and start another company that will send out DVDs. You won't get your DVDs like you did before and no matter what you have to pay more.

Good PR Xbox: By creating a DRM on games, gaming companies will ultimately be able to apply profits into creating even better games giving the Xbox more exclusive content than any other system. Ultimately it will help the developers, which will in turn ultimately enhance customer experience with our device.

Bad PR Xbox: Our business model is to limit who you can share these games with. Hey, its our business model.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:09 PM   #363
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:

It it works on the xbox, the publishers will start asking Sony for the same. You think publishers are happy that companies like Gamestop make millions of money out of used games while they don't receive any type of royalties from them? Sure....
Old 06-12-2013, 04:10 PM   #364
Drek
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And in no way is the PS4 a more powerful console for $100 less. Look what a cloud gaming allows the Xbox to improve the console and it's performance down the years. Look up Forza 5 commentary in e3 so you get an idea.
This is the real PR here, FYI. Cloud computing isn't viable for single player games other than a small subset of simulation assistance. The time delay between data transfers can't work in real time game play. This is just reality. What Microsoft is actually selling as "the cloud" is what we PC gamers called "dedicated servers" for years upon years until Microsoft conned a bunch of people into paying for P2P multiplayer.

Quote:
Yup... both systems do look great. But beating down Microsoft because it means a change in the way you play games is just downright wrong. They did it with the Xbox, they will be successful with the Xbox One.
People are "beating down" Microsoft for trying to take away their right to own the physical products that they buy.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:12 PM   #365
lolcopter

Quote:

And in no way is the PS4 a more powerful console for $100 less. Look what a cloud gaming allows the Xbox to improve the console and it's performance down the years.
can I buy some weed from you?

PS4 has faster CPU/GPU and far superior RAM. PC gamers wouldn't even use the DDR3 memory MS is using on xbone
Old 06-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #366
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
PS eye sucks monkey balls. Ohh and xbone? Really? Look out people! We have a fanboy here!
The PS Eye does suck, but that has nothing to do with the new systems coming at the end of the year. They've got a totally new camera deal.

Xbone comes from XBox One. Its been used by MS supporters too. It also helps to differentiate from the first Xbox and the third generation Xbox.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:13 PM   #367
lolcopter

Quote:
News flash!!!! If you want to play multiplayer on PS4 you will have to pay playstation + service. So your point is?
Won't have to pay if I only wanna watch Netflix... Unlike xbox
Old 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM   #368
lolcopter

Quote:
All video game cameras are nothing more than gimmicky crap

I got a good idea tho, let's require it for the system to even work
Old 06-12-2013, 04:18 PM   #369
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
What gamer cares about a camera attached to the console?

PS Eye could be the worst camera ever built, and nobody is going to give a rats rear end about it.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #370
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I can't wait for hacked celebrity xbox porn.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:21 PM   #371
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post

MGS only had one PS3 iteration, early in it's life, and the HD collection came out on both consoles.

Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 both came out on the 360.

The last Kingdom Hearts game was for Nintendo DS.

Your definition of Sony's big exclusives comes from the PS2 era apparently. During the PS3's life Sony defined the console via their own first party offerings. Through the last several years while MS was closing down studios (like FASA) and losing their top studio to "free agency" (Bungie) Sony has been ramping up first party development at a break neck pace. The PS3 sold on the back of Sony's first party studios and the PS4 is poised to take that even further with how many studios they've split, opened, and how well they're now integrating Sony Online Entertainment into the package.

I didn't realize keeping up with the times meant sacrificing my right as a consumer to own the products I physically purchased.

Publishers can't charge for used games with the PS4, there is no game licensing block in place to do so and the console doesn't have to "call home" so it's impossible to check.

They could make a single player game require a connection to their server like Ubisoft's PC DRM for several games last generation, but then they've always been able to do that and even Ubisoft dropped that on their PC titles when it started killing their sales.

Microsoft's model only works if the publishers can hide behind the console. When each publisher has to handle it on their own it lacks uniformity. As soon as it isn't uniform the ones who add DRM lose sales to the ones who don't. This is why publishers all rallied around Steam and Steamworks on PC. Everyone working on the same DRM footing, maximizing sales.

You should read up on this more. Microsoft has said that approved retail partners will be able to buy and sell used games at the discretion of the game's publisher. The only approved retail partner announced so far is Gamestop, and both Redbox and Gamefly have made it quite clear they weren't invited to that little party.

So instead of hurting Gamestop it will instead prevent you from selling your used game to anyone BUT Gamestop, effectively giving them a monopoly on both used game trade-ins and sales. In exchange they pass a vig up to the publishers.

Supposed to play like a dream. Bungie even helped them design the analog sticks. I don't spend much time looking at the controller when I'm playing.

If you've envied Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts you're doing it wrong man.

1. Halo is being made by 343 who made the worst Halo to date with Halo 4 when they just copy pasted Bungie's design. That template has been worn thin with all the spin offs and sequels they've been churning out.

2. Titanfall is a timed exclusive from EA. It's a one year deal, FYI, and it's also on PC.

3. Ryse (spelled with a "y") is a former Kinect game remapped to a controller. It's being made by Crytek who's Crysis games have been steadily declining in quality since the original. The game has some of the most shallow gameplay I've ever seen (QTEs for combat, auto aimed spears that magically appear in your hands, moving along a straight line corridor masked as a battlefield).

These really shouldn't be your "MS got the exclusives!" argument. Try Forza 5 (even though they're removing the auction house, weather, and night time racing), Quantum Break (from the makers of Alan Wake), and Below (new rougelike from Capy).
No... MSG 4 is a really big deal. Final Fantasy Vesus was exclusive and superposed to be the better game from the X-III series so that the Sony fanboys would stop b****ing. They have been saying to their fan base that Kingdom Hearts was not forgotten and well on it's way. Well now it's on its way to Xbox. Ohh... and the PS2 had way better exclusives than the PS3.

Halo 4 is a great game. Only people with no skill complain about it. And Halo with 343 is in great hands. Most of the studio used to be Bungie. Glad to hear Bungie helped with the controllers, they did the same thing with the original xbox. Really hate playing FPS in the PS3.

Ryse was re done and has little to do with Kinect. And read about it, it has little to do with QTE. If you read about people actually playing it.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/06/...-to-publishers

ohh and that last article... it's just a prelude to the matter of when.. not if game publishers will be charging for used games on the PS4.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM   #372
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
They haven't made a single PR mistake? Wow.

I just posted an article from Forbes, the author wrote a detailed opinion piece on why Microsoft Xbone is going down the tubes. Microsoft hasn't explained their DRM policies in full, they haven't talked about the Kinect's capabilities which is their central piece to the console. They haven't had a good response to the privacy concerns, so much that Germany is putting the Xbone launch on hold until they can figure out more with an investigation.

Speaking of business model, what kind of business model is successful when you force consumers to have an add-on to the console that is waning tremendously in popularity and makes the console cost more in mass production? PS4 specs are better than the Xbone, AND its cheaper.

Sooooo given all that...how in sam hill is that business model going to be successful for Microsoft?

Makes me laugh that you think Microsoft is doing great. Windows 8 bombed, their phone sucks, and now the Xbone...

Sony has been in console wars longer than Microsoft and has beaten Microsoft in sales every time. Even when Sony screwed themselves in how they rolled out the PS3, they still beat Microsoft in sales.

In some if not most of those cases, they aren't the kind of internet connection that we would enjoy here in the United States. Also what happens if the servicemen don't connect the Xbone to the internet every 24 hours? Since you know, they have other things to do like chasing down bad guys. What happens then? That's right they get screwed.
Lol!!! Fanboy much? Xbox360 has beaten SonyPS3 sales pretty much every month it has been out on the market. And every month in the US since it's release. I could care less what other 100 million guys in Asia buy!
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #373
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Quote:
1. First of, I said xbox one won, not that it won e3 or the popular vote. I am a gamer, and as of right now, the better games are coming to the Xbox One.

By exclusives I meant that what got me going back to the huge paper holder called the PS3 where the great games I grew up playing. Metal Gear, Final Fantasy, Kingdom hearts and many more. Final Fantasy Versus was a PS3 game that was exclusive and never got to see the light on that system. Now it's also coming to the xbox. Same for Metal Gear and Kingdom Hearts.

2. Sure God of War is/was a great Franchise. But the last game was crap. Lol at little big planet. Project Spark looks way more interesting than that crap. Uncharted 2 was a masterpiece... 3 was bad. Plus... the new Tomb Raider totally kicked it's ass, even after uncharted took almost all from the originals. And infamous? Really? Anyway... There was a time when a lot of sony payers said the same. We got Metal Gear, Final Fantasy...etc, they ain't going nowhere! Well, look at those games now.

3. And in no way is the PS4 a more powerful console for $100 less. 4. Look what a cloud gaming allows the Xbox to improve the console and it's performance down the years. Look up Forza 5 commentary in e3 so you get an idea.

Yup... both systems do look great. 5. But beating down Microsoft because it means a change in the way you play games is just downright wrong. They did it with the Xbox, they will be successful with the Xbox One.
1. It didnt. Unless you are the only person who got to vote on it. Microsoft told people to buy an Xbox360 of they do not like XboxOne OR lack an internet connection. They also held a press conference talking about console competition not being a sprint. That is the sound of a company that got its ass handed to it on monday.

2. Project Spark is a blatant ripoff of LBP. Create your own world, share with others...where have I heard that before? Tomb Raider was an underrated game, but it does not compare to Uncharted 3. It just doesnt graphically or story wise.

3. It is, and it is $100 less. Those are just facts.

4. PS4 also uses a cloud interface...as do most modern electronic devices.

5. Microsoft is RESTRICTING gaming. They are telling the consumer they are too stupid to decide what to do with products they buy. It is clear you are a microsoft fanboy, and thats fine. Im a sony fan boy, but I can admit when Sony screwed up, and what Sony did to Microsoft monday night could be called rape in most places. Thats just a fact, and player reaction bears that out.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 04:29 PM   #374
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drek View Post
Both Microsoft and Sony provided a large number of hardware engineers to AMD to customize their designs.

The end result is that the PS4 is significantly better hardware. It has a 50% faster GPU, the came CPU but with one less core locked away to the OS, 2GB more memory available for games, and memory with significantly faster bandwidth.

On top of that, actual game developers have outright stated that the software development tools Sony has provided are well ahead of what Microsoft has been giving them.

Also, how exactly can the PS4 charge for used games when it doesn't have an online check to verify a game as new or used?
Lol what? those test where projected when the Xbox was announced... and even then they didn't know what they had under the hood. You read about the cloud gaming part and how it will improve the performance down the years while the PS4 will be stuck with what it puts out. Each generation of consoles is lasting more. This last one lasted almost 8 years. This next one will be more than likely pushing for 10. Sure...
Old 06-12-2013, 04:32 PM   #375
Heyneck
Ring of Famer

RIP Tripplets!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
can I buy some weed from you?

PS4 has faster CPU/GPU and far superior RAM. PC gamers wouldn't even use the DDR3 memory MS is using on xbone
Nope my Weed!!! And seriously... talking about DDR3? Lame!

The principle differences are:

•DDR3 runs at a higher voltage that GDDR5 (typically 1.25-1.65V versus ~1V)

•DDR3 uses a 64-bit memory controller per channel ( so, 128-bit bus for dual channel, 256-bit for quad channel), whereas GDDR5 is paired with controllers of a nominal 32-bit (16 bit each for input and output), but whereas the CPU's memory contoller is 64-bit per channel, a GPU can utilise any number of 32-bit I/O's (at the cost of die size) depending upon application ( 2 for 64-bit bus, 4 for 128-bit, 6 for 192-bit, 8 for 256-bit, 12 for 384-bit etc...). The GDDR5 setup also allows for doubling or asymetric memory configurations. Normally (using this generation of cards as example) GDDR5 memory uses 2Gbit memory chips for each 32-bit I/O (I.e for a 256-bit bus/2GB card: 8 x 32-bit I/O each connected by a circuit to a 2Gbit IC = 8 x 2Gbit = 16Gbit = 2GB), but GDDR5 can also operate in what is known as clamshell mode, where the 32-bit I/O instead of being connected to one IC is split between two (one on each side of the PCB) allowing for a doubling up of memory capacity. Mixing the arrangement of 32-bit memory controllers, memory IC density, and memory circuit splitting allows of asymetric configurations ( 192-bit, 2GB VRAM for example)

•Physically, a GDDR5 controller/IC doubles the I/O of DDR3 - With DDR, I/O handles an input (written to memory), or output (read from memory) but not both on the same cycle. GDDR handles input and output on the same cycle.

The memory is also fundamentally set up specifically for the application it uses:
System memory (DDR3) benefits from low latency (tight timings) at the expense of bandwidth, GDDR5's case is the opposite. Timings for GDDR5 would seems unbelieveably slow in relation to DDR3, but the speed of VRAM is blazing fast in comparison with desktop RAM- this has resulted from the relative workloads that a CPU and GPU undertake. Latency isn't much of an issue with GPU's since their parallel nature allows them to move to other calculation when latency cycles cause a stall in the current workload/thread. The performance of a graphics card for instance is greatly affected (as a percentage) by altering the internal bandwidth, yet altering the external bandwidth (the PCI-Express bus, say lowering from x16 to x8 or x4 lanes) has a minimal effect. This is because there is a great deal of I/O (textures for examples) that get swapped in and out of VRAM continuously- the nature of a GPU is many parallel computations, whereas a CPU computes in a basically linear way.