The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 12:55 PM   #301
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

On a side note this is a really good deal!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-...=madden+nfl+25

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/19/m...zon-exclusive/

**Change it to anniversary edition and it will bump the price to $100 but it includes the game obviously BUT it gives you Sunday Ticket.

For those who DO NOT have DirecTv already it will allow you to watch on phones, tablets and computers.

For those who DO have DirecTv it will give you Sunday ticket Max.

so essentially for $40 you get sunday ticket considering that the game is $60 alone.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:15 PM   #302
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cousinal11 View Post
Called and said I wanted to cancel. Sent me to retention at which point I said, "too expensive, only reason I got DTV was NFL ticket which is too expensive, cable guys now offer NFLN and red zone, enjoyed my experience, just tell me where to send this equipment". He gave me free NFL ticket and free HD for a year, so they will play ball. Good luck guys.
Just did the same thing. Said he could give it to me for free but if I wanted to upgrade to Sunday Ticket Max it would be $70. I said I appreciate it and asked if he could give me Max for fee. He said yes. Done.

5th year in a row I've gotten it for free.
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:26 PM   #303
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

So im still under my contract, but only have like 7 months left...

what are my chances that i can call and try and bluff that i would pay the ETF because the sole reason i got direcTv was for sunday ticket and ive seen very competitive cable offers that have made me consider the swith?
Old 06-12-2013, 02:30 PM   #304
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denver Bronco56 View Post
So im still under my contract, but only have like 7 months left...

what are my chances that i can call and try and bluff that i would pay the ETF because the sole reason i got direcTv was for sunday ticket and ive seen very competitive cable offers that have made me consider the swith?
Tell them that whatever company you are thinking of switching to is willing to pay the early termination fee.....most are, so you might not even be bluffing.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 02:49 PM   #305
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I will try and give them a call tonight and if that doesnt work i will buy that copy of Madden that includes it.
Old 06-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #306
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I will try and give them a call tonight and if that doesnt work i will buy that copy of Madden that includes it.
80% of it is the person you talk to. If you aren't getting anywhere call back and hope for someone more helpful. Sometimes I get it on the first try, other times it takes me 3-4 tries. But the bottom line is they are willing to give it to you for free if they think you will leave.

Hit them on the fact that you will switch to the same provider you already have internet with. That establishes that you have a relationship with the cable company already.

Little things are important though. Call the person by their first name at the beginning….”Hi Matt, …..”
Old 06-12-2013, 03:05 PM   #307
Dendave
Ring of Famer

Echo

I just called again and they told me every "discount" is account specific. I asked what I needed to do to end my service with them, she asked why, I told her I have DTV for Bronco games and 1 out of the first eight might not be on national (or local) TV in my area, why would I pay full price for something I will only use half the year. She again confirmed that I could buy it on a weekly basis, but it would be about $40 per game. I asked besides being free what is the absolute minimum I could get it for? She offered me $73.98. I took it, better than the $224.98 I was offered yesterday. Now in a month or two I need to call back and get $$$ taken of the bill for some reason like last year with the Viacom issue and will get it for free.
Dendave is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:06 AM   #308
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Ok i never got around to calling last night, im going to give it a chance on my lunch break

say something like this...

Me - Good afternoon "bob"

Me - Ive really enjoyed DirecTV's service, but im trying to tighten up a little bit and the sole reason i got direcTV was for sunday ticket. It doesnt really look like i will be able to swing it this year and thus have kinda shopped around for cable and i already have my internet through Time Warner and they have offered to pay my ETF. And again i have really enjoyed the picture quality and convience of the DVR but without having Sunday ticket pursuing cable might be the more appealing choice since they do have NFLN and Redzone with Time Warner now..

would that be somewhat the kind things i would say?
Old 06-13-2013, 10:45 AM   #309
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Ok i never got around to calling last night, im going to give it a chance on my lunch break

say something like this...

Me - Good afternoon "bob"

Me - Ive really enjoyed DirecTV's service, but im trying to tighten up a little bit and the sole reason i got direcTV was for sunday ticket. It doesnt really look like i will be able to swing it this year and thus have kinda shopped around for cable and i already have my internet through Time Warner and they have offered to pay my ETF. And again i have really enjoyed the picture quality and convience of the DVR but without having Sunday ticket pursuing cable might be the more appealing choice since they do have NFLN and Redzone with Time Warner now..

would that be somewhat the kind things i would say?
This was my exact pitch. This time the guy gave it to me no argument. In the past I've had to call a couple times until I get someone who is in a good mood. It all depends.

"Hi Steve, I’m looking for ways to save money in my budget and one way is to switch to cable who I already have internet with. If I bundle with them it would be cheaper. I would prefer to stay with Directv but the main reason I have it is for NFL Sunday Ticket. I know you guys give it to new customers for free and was wondering if you could do the same for me so I don’t have to switch to cable.”
Old 06-13-2013, 07:37 PM   #310
DenverBroncosJM
Post here Vine

I just called to complain about a new charge on my bill it's basically 2.00 a month for local sports programming. The gave me a 3.00 a month credit. I then told them to cancel HBO they did. I finally mentioned I have not received pricing notice for Sunday Ticket this year, the guy typed for a few mins and said "how long have you had directv" I said 2006 he said for being so patient I am going to give you sunday ticket for free this year.

Yes I got lucky.
DenverBroncosJM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 08:25 PM   #311
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
On a side note this is a really good deal!!!!

http://www.amazon.com/Madden-NFL-25-...=madden+nfl+25

http://www.engadget.com/2013/05/19/m...zon-exclusive/

**Change it to anniversary edition and it will bump the price to $100 but it includes the game obviously BUT it gives you Sunday Ticket.

For those who DO NOT have DirecTv already it will allow you to watch on phones, tablets and computers.

For those who DO have DirecTv it will give you Sunday ticket Max.

so essentially for $40 you get sunday ticket considering that the game is $60 alone.
Not exactly. Here are the details copied & pasted from the Amazon fine print. This offer is for only the $100 Anniversary special:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV:

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Here's how I read it--

If you do not have Directv, you have to buy the service, but get $10 off a mo. 1st year, and get NFL Max for free 1year. Not a bad deal if you want the Ticket.

If you do have Directv, you have to buy the NFL Max, but get it on computer & mobile devices for free. Not a great deal, IMO. Certainly not worth the $100.

If you can't get Directv for some reason, you can get the Ticket on a computer or device. Good deal if you want the Ticket, and don't mind watching on a computer.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:16 AM   #312
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Unbelievable. Just watching the news on the fires in Colorado. Talking about 2 people trying to escape that died, and a family with a couple kids and a wife who is pregnant with twins who lost everything. The husband calls and cancels utilities and calls DirectTV who tells him he owes them $400 for the dish and the equipment. He tells them sorry he needs the $400 to buy clothes and diapers for the twins coming and they tell him to file an insurance claim and include it.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 01:46 PM   #313
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Not exactly. Here are the details copied & pasted from the Amazon fine print. This offer is for only the $100 Anniversary special:

Exclusive Offers From DirecTV:

For fans who are not currently DirecTV subscribers but are able to receive DirecTV service, they will receive a promo code entitling them to $10 off per month for their first year of service and one year of NFL Sunday Ticket Max at no additional charge.

For fans who are already DirecTV and NFL Sunday Ticket Max subscribers, you can access NFL Sunday Ticket on your computer, tablet, and mobile devices using your current DirecTV username and password.

For fans unable to receive DirecTV service, each Madden NFL 25 Anniversary Edition will include a unique code to access the 2013 regular season (17 weeks) trial of NFL Sunday Ticket on computers, tablets, and mobile devices- including access to the award-winning Red Zone Channel.

Here's how I read it--

If you do not have Directv, you have to buy the service, but get $10 off a mo. 1st year, and get NFL Max for free 1year. Not a bad deal if you want the Ticket.

If you do have Directv, you have to buy the NFL Max, but get it on computer & mobile devices for free. Not a great deal, IMO. Certainly not worth the $100.

If you can't get Directv for some reason, you can get the Ticket on a computer or device. Good deal if you want the Ticket, and don't mind watching on a computer.

So either way you wont get Sunday ticket by buying madden? Or will you just have to watch it on your pc?
Old 06-14-2013, 01:48 PM   #314
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Also just called DirecTV and talked to a young lady and we shot the breeze for awhile while we discussed things and in the end even with me pretty much saying that Sunday ticket was why i got direcTV and now that i dont have it i might just got with Time Warner because it is cheaper and already have my internet through them...

she tried to get me to switch my internet and bundle it with DirecTV and she offers to discount Sunday Ticket like $10 a month.

I will be making another call today and seeing if i can get this done.
Old 06-14-2013, 02:01 PM   #315
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
So either way you wont get Sunday ticket by buying madden? Or will you just have to watch it on your pc?
For the most part, that is correct. The exception is if you do not already have Directv, but you have to purchase the service w/ a $10 mo. discount, and they give you the NFL Ticket free for one year.

All the other offers are just giving you access with a computer or mobile device.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 02:03 PM   #316
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
For the most part, that is correct. The exception is if you do not already have Directv, but you have to purchase the service w/ a $10 mo. discount, and they give you the NFL Ticket free for one year.

All the other offers are just giving you access with a computer or mobile device.
I thought they give you Sunday Ticket anyway if you sign up? so in that case you're just getting a $10 discount?

Ok for the people that have smartphones/tablets or a laptop/pc with an HDMI output this still will be a very good deal.

I was often out of the house and resorted to using my laptop to watch the games or if it was raining and lost sat signal i used my laptop w/HDMI output anyways.

So just keep that in mind for anyone that wants the Broncos games and doesnt want to drop like $300
Old 06-15-2013, 08:42 PM   #317
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Called today, when I hit the main menu I said "cancel service". Got straight to a nice young lady. Last year I was upgraded to the H24 whole home DVR service, so I wasn't quite sure what I would get.

Got the new Genie system with Genie "mini" receivers in the other rooms. Got the NFL Sunday Ticket Max at half price (147.00). I kept pushing and got $20 off per month for a year. Kept pushing and got $15.00 more off for the next 15 months. So, completely upgraded DVR system, $35.00 off per month, and the NFL Sunday Ticket Max for half off.

That was worth a 10 minute phone call...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 10:33 AM   #318
Raider Bill

I was out of contract, was offered 10/month off and free Sunday ticket month to month, and 20 off a month and free sunday ticket if I re upped for a year. I re upped for a year, because it doesnt look like my neighborhood is getting wired for Fios anytime soon.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #319
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Ok so this time around I really pushed the idea that i was considering Time Warner, to consolidate my bills and they offered a somewhat of a good deal.

The person i spoke with didnt know much english and the best i got offered was free Sunday Ticket Max but i would still have to pay for basic sunday ticket itself, 10$ a month or something along those lines...but i didnt take the offer and told them i would call back once i priced Time Warner

My current monthly bill is aroun $60 for hd dvr. So with they said the bill would be an extra $40 a month so i would be right around $100 a month for 6 months if i broke it up that way and it didnt seem like that good of a deal.

But they were negotiating, and seemed willing to help me out... but without me saying i wanted Sunday ticket for free they didnt really try and even come close to entertaining that... so maybe i need to literally say i notice that new customers are receiving it for free and it would really seal the deal for me to stay with them if that could be an option.

Last edited by Denver Bronco56; 06-18-2013 at 01:30 PM..
Old 06-18-2013, 06:33 PM   #320
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Direct TV is the reason half of my customers a jerks. They think I am lying when I say I can't give them a bigger discount.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:54 AM   #321
Raider Bill

Quote:
Also just called DirecTV and talked to a young lady and we shot the breeze for awhile while we discussed things and in the end even with me pretty much saying that Sunday ticket was why i got direcTV and now that i dont have it i might just got with Time Warner because it is cheaper and already have my internet through them...

she tried to get me to switch my internet and bundle it with DirecTV and she offers to discount Sunday Ticket like $10 a month.

I will be making another call today and seeing if i can get this done.
You just have to get the right guy.. they threw me the half price offer with no contract when I asked how much it was. When I reupped for a year, he gave it to me for free.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #322
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Free NFL Direct Ticket
$72 for the max
Free genie...

it works every time.....like Colt 45.
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2013, 04:26 PM   #323
Popps
It's so easy

Must be losing my touch. Called and threatened to suspend service, they offered me Max at $150. I said suspend my service. So, they did. Oh well. I can go without it for a couple of months, and that will make up the difference in price if I end up having to pay. I never really watch anything and my kid can watch Netflix. Will have to find Wimbledon feeds online I guess.

Will call back in a bit.

Last edited by Popps; 07-02-2013 at 04:34 PM..
Popps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:52 AM   #324
hades
Dallas biggest Bronco fan

Location: They've done studies you know.... 60% of the time, it works every time

After about a 4 year hiatus I'm back with DirecTv. Had Verizon FIOS, hated the DVR. Went to Costco and they had a DirecTv deal going, so I signed back up. Got NFL Ticket, a bunch of stupid channels I'll never watch and some movie channels for $69 per month (awesome number!), and a $200 Visa gift card.

I like this new setup/box with the ability to record 5 HD channels! Verizon seems to always cut off the last 30 seconds of most shows, plus was limited to 2 recordings max.
hades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 07:33 AM   #325
Ray Finkle
DOOONNNTTTTT CAAARRREEE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hades View Post
After about a 4 year hiatus I'm back with DirecTv. Had Verizon FIOS, hated the DVR. Went to Costco and they had a DirecTv deal going, so I signed back up. Got NFL Ticket, a bunch of stupid channels I'll never watch and some movie channels for $69 per month (awesome number!), and a $200 Visa gift card.

I like this new setup/box with the ability to record 5 HD channels! Verizon seems to always cut off the last 30 seconds of most shows, plus was limited to 2 recordings max.
the genie is pretty damn cool.....
Ray Finkle is offline   Reply With Quote