The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #26
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So you're worried about this, personally? Come on, doc. I know you think you're very big and important but in reality you're below insignificant. I know that's hard for your bloated ego to absorb but them are just the facts. "They" don't care about you any more than I do. Which is almost not at all.
A little light reading for you.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came...
Old 06-12-2013, 07:56 AM   #27
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

I do not even see how this can be a partisan issue. It is more than likely that the NSA is obtaining things other than "metadata" which would render what they are doing illegal. (As far as I interpret things.) Can't really worry about it though. Most people shouldn't have to be worried.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:57 AM   #28
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post

Doesn't really apply here. I am sad you misused such a wonderful work in respect to this matter.
Old 06-12-2013, 07:59 AM   #29
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
So you're worried about this, personally? Come on, doc. I know you think you're very big and important but in reality you're below insignificant. I know that's hard for your bloated ego to absorb but them are just the facts. "They" don't care about you any more than I do. Which is almost not at all.
You keep licking that 2013 Obama boot. Pay no attention to what he and Biden said before taking office. Hearts and minds are there for the taking if only you pound out enough takes on a football forum.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:00 AM   #30
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:

So this is your concern? Seriously? No, seriously? You're personally concerned that this is where this is headed?

This is worthy of discussion. "Concern" is understandable, to a point. But I've yet to see any of you make a salient point about your personal concerns about this.
TonyR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 08:02 AM   #31
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
You keep licking that 2013 Obama boot.
This discussion has nothing to do with Obama.

Oh, and you still haven't even tried to answer the question. Tell us some more jokes, doc! Make a funny! See if you can get the cool kids to laugh! (at you or with you, it really doesn't matter, does it?!?)
Old 06-12-2013, 08:03 AM   #32
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So this is your concern? Seriously? No, seriously? You're personally concerned that this is where this is headed?

This is worthy of discussion. "Concern" is understandable, to a point. But I've yet to see any of you make a salient point about your personal concerns about this.
Think back, Tony... What were your concerns (when The Repug was doing it?)
Old 06-12-2013, 08:04 AM   #33
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Lighten up, citzen. The more serious you are, the more serious we will be about coming for you.
Old 06-12-2013, 08:06 AM   #34
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
This discussion has nothing to do with Obama.

Oh, and you still haven't even tried to answer the question. Tell us some more jokes, doc! Make a funny! See if you can get the cool kids to laugh! (at you or with you, it really doesn't matter, does it?!?)
Hangs on to my every word like the NSA. Hold your breath Tony.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:38 AM   #35
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Think back, Tony... What were your concerns (when The Repug was doing it?)
Still haven't answered the question. Are you so concerned that you'll stop using email? Telephone? Are you going to get a bunker and hide out in it?

The only reasonable conclusion here is that Beavis and Doc aren't really concerned about anything. They're just using this as a tool to do some partisan bashing and use some aggressive humor. If they are concerned we should probably expect them to stop posting here because the NSA might read it.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:42 AM   #36
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Still haven't answered the question. Are you so concerned that you'll stop using email? Telephone? Are you going to get a bunker and hide out in it?

The only reasonable conclusion here is that Beavis and Doc aren't really concerned about anything. They're just using this as a tool to do some partisan bashing and use some aggressive humor. If they are concerned we should probably expect them to stop posting here because the NSA might read it.
Do you support gay marriage, Tony?
Old 06-12-2013, 09:52 AM   #37
BroncoBeavis

Don't answer that. I found the answer.

Can we go ahead and assume from your very vocal past on this that despite your avatar, you'd really like to Bag and Bone a dude (with State Sanctification)?

If not, is that whole debate just a shameless partisan stunt you enjoy engaging in?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:08 AM   #38
TonyR
Franchise Poster

So, Beavis, you don't support gay marriage? Unlike you with me, I don't care enough about you to search your posting history. Also, what does this have to do with anything we're discussing here?
Old 06-12-2013, 10:23 AM   #39
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
So, Beavis, you don't support gay marriage? Unlike you with me, I don't care enough about you to search your posting history. Also, what does this have to do with anything we're discussing here?
I support separation of marriage and state

Anyway, since I have to connect the dots for you... supporting something in principle (or opposing it) does not imply that it directly impacts you.

"You have nothing to fear so long as you have nothing to hide" should be declared war on, even by those who really don't have anything to hide.

It is EXACTLY why the 4th Amendment exists. It's a key difference between being a free man and a subject.
Old 06-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #40
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

It says right there in the Constitution how your rights are exchangeable for government provided security. My bad.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:00 AM   #41
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Anyway, since I have to connect the dots for you... supporting something in principle (or opposing it) does not imply that it directly impacts you.
Well I should think you'd have to "connect the dots" since that's a pretty terrible comparison. No, gay marriage doesn't impact me directly and neither does this NSA issue. But the former potentially directly impacts gay people. Who does the latter potentially directly impact?

Let me help you out here since you can't seem to come up with a reasonable concern. Here's somebody actually stating a valid concern:

Quote:
I find it quite likely that NSA isnít currently abusing the phone surveillance program Ö but someday there will be a different president in the White House, there will be a different head of NSA, and there will be different professionals running the program. What will they do with all that data the next time something happens that makes America crazy for a few years? I donít know, but I do know that if they donít have the data in the first place they canít abuse it.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-dru...re-not-present

See how that works? He has a position and he actually makes a specific case for it that makes sense, and doesn't have to use humor or sarcasm or personal attacks to do it.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:03 AM   #42
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Here's another:

http://prospect.org/article/when-bushies-return

I have to help Beavis make a coherent argument!
Old 06-12-2013, 11:26 AM   #43
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
See how that works? He has a position and he actually makes a specific case for it that makes sense, and doesn't have to use humor or sarcasm or personal attacks to do it.
It's more just a case of you being unable to connect other glaringly obvious points.

You've more or less already conceded that other abuses regularly occur in this government. And that the government is just to big and unwieldy for our elected officials to even really do or even know anything about it. (AKA the Axelrod Doctrine)

But now you leap to the "well it's probably just safe to assume nobody's abusing this incredibly powerful information gathering system"

And regardless, having a system in place does not make that system Constitutional. The Constitution was built under the premise that government could not be trusted by default.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:31 AM   #44
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Motherjones would not be so forgiving if it wasn't a liberal in office. I doubt then he would give the benefit of the doubt.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:43 AM   #45
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Motherjones would not be so forgiving if it wasn't a liberal in office. I doubt then he would give the benefit of the doubt.
MJ and Tony like to give themselves credit for being members of a more tasteful Presidential Fan Club than those of the past.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:48 AM   #46
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
But now you leap to the "well it's probably just safe to assume nobody's abusing this incredibly powerful information gathering system"
Just as you're assuming somebody is... (all part of Obama's sinister plan to take over the world, no doubt!)
Old 06-12-2013, 11:53 AM   #47
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Well had the govt not just gotten caught using their power to attack certain groups with the IRS I would be more forgiving. But since this administration has proven over and over they will even lie to Congress its hard to believe them on the NSA monitoring.
Old 06-12-2013, 11:54 AM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Tony is the guy who unless he see's the dudes cock in his woman maybe she didn't actually cheat on him. Regardless of the used condoms on the floor and the strange man who you saw run from your house.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:01 PM   #49
TonyR
Franchise Poster

cut, given your concerns and paranoia, i would suggest you ditch your cell phone; stop using the internet, in particular social networking sites and shopping; tear up your credit cards, debit cards, and atm cards; and never use store club/rewards cards. Then you'll be safe.
Old 06-12-2013, 12:04 PM   #50
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Why one would grant presumption to the government that they are not abusing the data is beyond me. Either there is an ulterior motive that someone one presume this, or they are one of the 8% who believe Congress is doing a good job and are fully capable of overseeing this program EVEN with a significant number of those in Congress openly admitting they know nothing about it.

The fact that the President made sure this program was secret, and simultaneously tells us he 'welcomes' debate on this program, is a clue that debate was not welcome or it wouldn't have been secret and he would not have campaigned against it while trying to become President.

Presumption should be that the data is being abused, since the overreach on what data is to be mined is so obvious.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote