The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2013, 01:45 PM   #276
Jekyll15Hyde
Anti Frown Cannon & McD..

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
I'm no fool. I'm as objective as I can be on the "Tebow thing".....I have no dog in the fight, as you apparently do. If it makes you happy to see Tebow fail......good for you. I really don't care. If either a "Tebowner" or a Tebow-hater makes a ridiculous comment, I'll argue it.

I will say that I root for the guy, only cause I think he's a good guy. Nothing more. I have no reason to WANT the guy to fail. His work-ethic and attitude alone are inspiring.....yes, even ON the football field, which you apparently disagree with. In fact, sometimes it's MORE inspiring to see a LESS talented player (in this case Tebow) work so hard to achieve.....than it is to see the more talented players SIMPLY ACHIEVE.

That's where you and I differ. You apparently think that PRODUCTION (points, yards) out of your QB is the only thing that can INSPIRE teammates. It's not. Determination and attitude DO inspire people. Is it more inspiring to see Michael Phelps win the 200 meter freestyle.....or to see a paraplegic, swim 50 feet on their own?? I would argue the latter.

As far as Denver's locker room being fractured.....who knows? Are you seriously suggesting that when Tebow came in the second half of that San Diego game, and nearly pulled off an incredible comeback, that our locker room got WORSE from that point?

And don't even bring up the Jets.....they were/are a mess all around. From boisterous Rex, to dirty Sanchez and all the other degenerates. You really want to blame the Jets season all on Tebow?? That's a cop out.
I believe you should have responded with, "Yes, I am a f%cking fool"
Jekyll15Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:47 PM   #277
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Will the Tebow circle jerk ever end?

Let us not break THAT bread.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #278
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

My raging Tebowner. Let me show you it.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:53 PM   #279
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
making stuff up is fun.
I know right?

Jets' Tim Tebow experiment is over, but fallout leaves trail of ruins for Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan and others
Tebow never said anything controversial or did anything wrong, but his presence overwhelmed the organization, left the coaching staff clueless on how to take advantage of his limited skill set and unnerved Mark Sanchez, hardly secure enough to share the locker room with the most popular and polarizing player in the NFL whose character far outdistances his ability as a quarterback.

“It was a disaster,” one source said. “The ramifications and repercussions are unbelievable.

Mike Tannenbaum, the architect of the headline-grabbing trade with the Broncos in exchange for a fourth-round pick and a $4 million investment, was fired by Woody Johnson as the Jets’ general manager after the 6-10 season. He was replaced by John Idzik, who cut Tebow on Monday after failing in a last-ditch attempt to trade him during the three days of the draft.

Asked for a comment after Tebow was dumped, Tannenbaum texted, “No thank you.”

That’s what he should have said to the Broncos.

(Tannenbaun fired)

Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, clueless on how to devise a creative plan to utilize Tebow as the Wildcat quarterback, was fired by Rex Ryan after just one season with the Jets. He is back in his comfort zone as the Raiders’ offensive line coach.

(OC Sparano fired)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2VwXIA245

So what does Geno Smith who was picked by a new GM have to do with the former mess of a team that only got worse with Tim Tebow?
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 01:56 PM   #280
NUB
Just Crafted

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

They blame Tebow because that's easier to do than just owning up that all those people really sucked at their jobs.
NUB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:04 PM   #281
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by NUB View Post
They blame Tebow because that's easier to do than just owning up that all those people really sucked at their jobs.
It's pretty laughable isn't it? Let's blame a guy who barely even saw the field for a team full of bums and incompetents sucking. Totally makes sense...
Old 06-11-2013, 02:06 PM   #282
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Yep. Pretty much.
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:08 PM   #283
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Tebow is one of those people that really suck at his job, I mean if he didn't the GM and OC wouldn't have been fired.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #284
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
It's pretty laughable isn't it? Let's blame a guy who barely even saw the field for a team full of bums and incompetents sucking. Totally makes sense...
Not sure how anyone who watched that Tebow/Sanchez matchup in 2011 can conclude that Tim Tebow was the reason the Jests imploded in 2012.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:10 PM   #285
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

as funny as a lot of the smack talk is regarding Tebow, i would actually be happy if he had time with no distractions and he was able to learn and turn into a good QB.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:11 PM   #286
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Yeah. Tebow sucked at holding a clipboard all season. Therefore he is responsible for getting the entire FO canned.

55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #287
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I have a pretty astute eye for minute changes in Tebow's mechanics -- been observing since his freshman year of college.

When I look at these short clips of video (not much there), I see noticeable improvements in his drops. Tebow never used to "stab" that back foot on a drop. A good quarterback has a certain look about him when he gets to his back foot in a drop, almost a bobbing motion as he reverses his momentum and rights himself.

It looks a little more conventional. The footwork looks a little better.

http://www.boston.com/sports/video/?...ct_name=547471

In other words, championship.
Those are some weird looking tight end drills.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #288
Drunken.Broncoholic

There were/are many reasons why the jets sucked/suck. Sure tebow wasn't the sole reason, but to deny that he wasn't at least one of the many reasons is ignorant.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-11-2013 at 02:16 PM..
Old 06-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #289
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Not sure how anyone who watched that Tebow/Sanchez matchup in 2011 can conclude that Tim Tebow was the reason the Jests imploded in 2012.
They hate the guy?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:14 PM   #290
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I know right?

Jets' Tim Tebow experiment is over, but fallout leaves trail of ruins for Mark Sanchez, Rex Ryan and others
Tebow never said anything controversial or did anything wrong, but his presence overwhelmed the organization, left the coaching staff clueless on how to take advantage of his limited skill set and unnerved Mark Sanchez, hardly secure enough to share the locker room with the most popular and polarizing player in the NFL whose character far outdistances his ability as a quarterback.

“It was a disaster,” one source said. “The ramifications and repercussions are unbelievable.

Mike Tannenbaum, the architect of the headline-grabbing trade with the Broncos in exchange for a fourth-round pick and a $4 million investment, was fired by Woody Johnson as the Jets’ general manager after the 6-10 season. He was replaced by John Idzik, who cut Tebow on Monday after failing in a last-ditch attempt to trade him during the three days of the draft.

Asked for a comment after Tebow was dumped, Tannenbaum texted, “No thank you.”

That’s what he should have said to the Broncos.

(Tannenbaun fired)

Offensive coordinator Tony Sparano, clueless on how to devise a creative plan to utilize Tebow as the Wildcat quarterback, was fired by Rex Ryan after just one season with the Jets. He is back in his comfort zone as the Raiders’ offensive line coach.

(OC Sparano fired)

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/fo...#ixzz2VwXIA245

So what does Geno Smith who was picked by a new GM have to do with the former mess of a team that only got worse with Tim Tebow?
Thanks for proving my point. And let me explain this more:

None of this was TT's fault. This was the fault of the front office and the coaching staff, a sign of their dysfunction. I stated that this team is completely dysfunctional and bringing in TT without the support of the coaching staff is EXAMPLE A of the dysfunction.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:15 PM   #291
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
There were/are many reasons why the jets sucked/suck. Sure tebow wasn't the sole reason, but to deny that he wasn't at least one of the many reasons is ignorant.
How big of you to admit he "wasn't the sole reason".
Old 06-11-2013, 02:17 PM   #292
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by 55CrushEm View Post
Yeah. Tebow sucked at holding a clipboard all season. Therefore he is responsible for getting the entire FO canned.

Again if Tebow would have been any good he would have been worth all the attention he brought to the Jets. Him being terrible at playing football is why he got people fired. The GM was fired because he traded for a bad player. The OC was fired because he was brought into game plan a new offense around Tebow, only to find out Tebow wasn't a real NFL QB. Why Rex wasn't fired I will never understand.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:19 PM   #293
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
How big of you to admit he "wasn't the sole reason".
That article indicates he was THE reason for disaster. I'm saying there were plenty of reasons. Feel free to be condescending though.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:22 PM   #294
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Someday you will be calling him Senator Tebow ............
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:29 PM   #295
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Can't wait for IAOFM to cover this in depth even though it has zero to do with the Broncos. Those guys obsess like nobody I have seen.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:30 PM   #296
Agamemnon

Quote:
Again if Tebow would have been any good he would have been worth all the attention he brought to the Jets. Him being terrible at playing football is why he got people fired. The GM was fired because he traded for a bad player. The OC was fired because he was brought into game plan a new offense around Tebow, only to find out Tebow wasn't a real NFL QB. Why Rex wasn't fired I will never understand.
And again, that's just a bunch nonsense. They all sucked at their jobs. That's why they were fired.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #297
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Tim was just a stray puddle in a pissing match between a HC and his FO.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:41 PM   #298
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That article indicates he was THE reason for disaster. I'm saying there were plenty of reasons. Feel free to be condescending though.
I can link you to another article that said the New England Patriots would never ever ever sign Tim Tebow. Does that help?
Old 06-11-2013, 02:43 PM   #299
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Being a 2 yr deal with no guaranteed money essentially means they're just kicking the tires. They are not doing this thinking he'll start when Brady retires.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 02:47 PM   #300
NorCalBronco7

NE might be the only team that wont be distracted by the attention Tebow brings. Still, he stands no chance of being a backup quality player in the NFL imo. There must be a goaline package for him down the road and that might be his only redeeming factor.