The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 11:06 PM   #76
jutang
Perennial Pro-bowler

Great father's day gift. Scrap the kid's college tuition so you can place this in front of the tv on Sunday nights.

HBO Store is offering the Game of Thrones Life Size Replica Iron Throne, for a discounted $24,000 after 20% Coupon Code: "HBOCOLLEGE" (Exp Soon). $1800 Shipping. Tax in most.
jutang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 AM   #77
Houshyamama
I Make The Weather

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brock Osweiler

Not a good time to be a Stark. Favorite show on TV.
Houshyamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:25 AM   #78
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Not a bad season ending episode. Looking forward to next year.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 01:35 PM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Warning, potential spoilers for anyone who hasn't watched the most recent episode.

Andy Greenwald writes a terrific recap every week. I have to agree with this:
Quote:
Through seven weeks, Iíve found the fourth season of Game of Thrones to be its most enjoyable by far.
I thought Oberyn's declaration that he'd be Tyrion's champion was a great moment.
Quote:
Pedro Pascal has been terrific all season, but he was never better than he was last night when he gave Tyrion a childhood memory that would have been better off forgotten.
I got a chuckle out of this:
Quote:
Would it be too fan-servicey to imagine a season finale in which Brienne and the Hound team up to rescue Sansa? And then reward themselves with a shopping montage at the Big and Tall outlet in the Riverlands? Probably.
Is this true?!? No GoT this week?!?
Quote:
There are two agonzing weeks until the next episode of Game of Thrones, but I canít help but think that the show has left us in the perfect place: on the precipice, staring down. Itís a sudden drop, but thereís a long way still to go.
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...my-pretty-fly/

Last edited by TonyR; 05-20-2014 at 03:42 PM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 02:50 PM   #80
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

the mountain looks huge. and he weilds one of the biggest swords. no wonder bron is scared. funny, bron wasn't scared of the hound. there is no way oberyn can beat the mountain.

i knew little finger sooner or later was going to kill whatever her name aunt lysa. she is quite annoying. So is little finger going to put the blame on sansa for killing her? what happens to the brat?
SleepingTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:07 PM   #81
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepingTiger View Post
the mountain looks huge. and he weilds one of the biggest swords. no wonder bron is scared. funny, bron wasn't scared of the hound. there is no way oberyn can beat the mountain.

i knew little finger sooner or later was going to kill whatever her name aunt lysa. she is quite annoying. So is little finger going to put the blame on sansa for killing her? what happens to the brat?
I haven't read the books, but I fear Oberyn is going to die. If he doesn't win, I hope he puts up a hell of a fight. Little finger wants to marry Sansa I believe, I don't think he's going to set her up for her aunts murder.
Bronc0guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 09:20 PM   #82
scorpio
Cubicle Pimp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronc0guy View Post
ILittle finger wants to marry Sansa I believe, I don't think he's going to set her up for her aunts murder.
As far as anyone knows, Sansa is the only living heir to Winterfell. Littlefinger isn't going to just give up that kind of prize.
scorpio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 09:43 AM   #83
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Another good write up from Greenwald on another fantastic episode. Obviously, don't read if you haven't watched yet.

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...-the-red-keep/

On the real lesson in Tyrion's story about simple cousin Orson:

Quote:
Actually, the sound of Oberynís head exploding was much more terrible than that. The defanging ó and defacing ó of the Red Viper was among the worst things Iíve ever seen on a screen, but it was definitely the worst thing Iíve ever heard...
And in that gruesome, hideous moment I realized that the real takeaway from Tyrionís story isnít that heís a fool for wanting order when there is only chaos. Itís that we just might be for greedily tuning in to the Orson Hour every week and expecting the same thing...
Like a beetle, Oberyn was born to die, and in the most gruesome, splattery way possible. And to what end?
Old 06-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #84
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

this last episode still got me shaking.

it was 1am when i saw it, slept through most of it. did manage to catch the best part. the scene on the river with grey worm staring like a little boy going past adult magazine section at a convenient store.

also caught the last scene. man, the red viper needs to learn, well to late for that now, but a good reminder for other wanna be swordsman. reminds me of the good bad ugly when a bounty hunter finally catches up to tuco and gives him a story how he been wanting revenge. Tucco shoots him and says "if you going to shoot, shoot! don't talk"
Old 06-03-2014, 01:19 PM   #85
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
this last episode still got me shaking.

it was 1am when i saw it, slept through most of it. did manage to catch the best part. the scene on the river with grey worm staring like a little boy going past adult magazine section at a convenient store.

also caught the last scene. man, the red viper needs to learn, well to late for that now, but a good reminder for other wanna be swordsman. reminds me of the good bad ugly when a bounty hunter finally catches up to tuco and gives him a story how he been wanting revenge. Tucco shoots him and says "if you going to shoot, shoot! don't talk"
I hated that scene. Why is it that every fricken near dead person has just enough life left in them to summon enough inner strength to roller over and either grab a gun and get a few shots off, then they roll over and die, or in this case, he has enough strength left to roll over and grab some guys head and squeeze it till it pops, and then 2 seconds later he rolls over and dies. That is so f'n played out already and nothing close to how near death would be in real life. If you're so badly injured that you're literally seconds from death, you don't have the strength or will to rise up and summon some incredible power to squeeze a human skull until it explodes. They could have easily made it much more realistic by simply letting Red Viper sustain a very serious injury during battle, maybe he got a nasty sword slice to the gut or something and by the end of the fight, he's close to bleeding out and eventually dies from his wounds. Just so tired of these lame ass over played scenes of people waking up from near dead to do some crazy last stunt as they're seconds from their own death. LAME.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:25 PM   #86
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ I understand the complaint, but we don't know for sure that Gregor Clegane is dead (although I think he probably is) and the scene wouldn't have been nearly as powerful done the way you're suggesting.
Old 06-03-2014, 01:36 PM   #87
SleepingTiger
Ring of Famer

Ole J

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Tony Carter

is the mountain dead? if he is dead, what does that mean in the trial by combat? i know tywin says tyrion is sentenced to death, but seems like a tie to me.

wow, did tywin set all this up? did he know that tyrion would want a trial by combat, then ask viper to be one of the judges. just because he knew that the viper would want to get his hands on the mountain and get revenge. but he was also confident the that mountain would win. So Tywin came out a big winner in all this. He gets to mold the new king unlike joeffery. Jamie is now head of casterly rock. Tyrion is out of the picture. One more of his enemy lies dead (Oberyn).
Old 06-03-2014, 01:51 PM   #88
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
is the mountain dead? if he is dead, what does that mean in the trial by combat? i know tywin says tyrion is sentenced to death, but seems like a tie to me.
According to this...

Quote:
The reason it wasnít a push is, very simply, that Oberynís head was a strawberry-jam ruin of bones, teeth, and brain, and the Mountain, while badly wounded, still drew breath. If youíre breathing at the buzzer and the other guy has no face, you win. The gods have spoken, and they are d*cks.
http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...-combat-jorah/

And no, I don't think Tywin Lannister expected Oberyn Martell to champion Tyrion.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:44 PM   #89
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ I understand the complaint, but we don't know for sure that Gregor Clegane is dead (although I think he probably is) and the scene wouldn't have been nearly as powerful done the way you're suggesting.
See, I didn't see that scene as powerful. I saw it as cliche. Quite possibly the only 2 things more cliche then what happened in that fight are back turned walking away from an explosion and scared woman running from attacker and tripping and falling down.
Old 06-03-2014, 03:47 PM   #90
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Oops, my bad. Did not realize this was non-spoiler thread. Edited to remove post for those who didn't see it yet.

Last edited by Old Dude; 06-03-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Old Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:50 PM   #91
Kaylore
Because I am better

Everything

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

[Edited]

Why would you post a spoiler in the non-spoiler thread?

Last edited by Old Dude; 06-03-2014 at 03:57 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 03:58 PM   #92
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Fixed.
Old 06-04-2014, 04:09 PM   #93
Bronc0guy
Struttin' that ass

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Cody Latimer

Non readers may have been spoiled as to what happened in the episode, and to those of you reading that this pertains to, I would turn my head when Oberyn falls to the ground. And possibly mute the tv.
Bronc0guy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 04:20 PM   #94
Taco John
24/7 Broncos

All Hail King Midas

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

by the way... there are spoiler tags available.

[ spoiler ] Insert Text Here [ / spoiler ]

Remove the spaces and put the spoiler text in between and you get this:

SPOILER: ( The butler did it. )

Drag your pointer over the text in the parentheses to read the spoiler...
Taco John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 08:46 PM   #95
Old Dude
Super Moderator

Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
...; Just so tired of these lame ass over played scenes of people waking up from near dead to do some crazy last stunt as they're seconds from their own death. LAME.
Here you go:

Old 06-04-2014, 08:53 PM   #96
ShiftyEyedWaterboy
Ring of Famer

Mr. Hockey

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Brandon Perna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dude View Post
Here you go:

That was great.

Always loved Hans Zimmer. That was pretty cool actually.
ShiftyEyedWaterboy is offline   Reply With Quote