The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2013, 09:20 AM   #1
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default Wes Welker finally able to be himself as member of the Denver Broncos

"Wes Welker sat back in a plush, leather chair in the lobby of the Denver Broncos training facility last week, conducting a post-workout interview without revealing the slightest hint of stress.

Unlike the conversations he had with reporters during his six-year stint with the New England Patriots – whose coach, Bill Belichick, scrutinizes his players' public comments with NSA-like zeal – Welker felt no urgency to walk the line between bland and unrevealing.

"I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure," said Welker, who signed a two-year, $12-million deal with the Broncos on March 13, a day after becoming an unrestricted free agent. Asked if he'd received any pre-interview lectures about what subjects to avoid, Welker laughed and said, "Here? No. … All they told me was, 'Just be yourself.' "

Long regarded in player circles as one of the funnier, edgier NFL stars, Welker may finally reveal that to fans after six years of mostly pent-up plainness. Indeed, the switch from playing with one future Hall of Fame quarterback (Tom Brady) to another (Peyton Manning) may not be nearly as jolting as the shift in organizational climate – or, to borrow from Jimmy Buffett: "Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes" (and, in this case, farewell to platitudes).

On that front Welker, once famously benched by Belichick for the first series of a 2010 playoff game for having poked public fun at New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, is taking baby steps toward disclosure early in his Broncos tenure. For starters, he admitted that the Patriots' decision to let him hit the market—and, ultimately, to swing a deal with former Rams wideout Danny Amendola in a pre-emptive move to replace him – will serve as a motivating force in 2013.

"Wherever you can pull any sort of motivation that you need to use to go out there and play the way you need to play, I say use it," Welker said in response to a question about whether he hoped to prove his success wasn't merely a product of the Patriots' system. "So whatever it is, then yeah, I'll definitely pull from wherever I can."

Read More At - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...230015977.html
Gutless Drunk is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-2013, 09:22 AM   #2
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
to another (Peyton Manning) may not be nearly as jolting as the shift in organizational climate – or, to borrow from Jimmy Buffett: "Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes" (and, in this case, farewell to platitudes).
I liked this.

Though John Fox is the platitude king. You thought Shanahan was good at saying a bunch of nothing, Fox doesn't even try to make it appear that he isn't saying nothing.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:34 AM   #3
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Gotta put your best foot forward. Cant be timid and just dip your toes in. Fear of defeat is all the motivation a good foot soldier needs.
Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 09:44 AM   #4
DenverDynamite

It is still so surreal to me. Two years ago who would have guessed the Broncos would have Peyton Manning and Wes Welker on their roster?
Old 06-10-2013, 09:58 AM   #5
HILife
Ring of Famer

Mrs. Alicia Hilife

"If a tree falls in a forest and no one is around to hear it, does it make a sound?

Which came first, the chicken or the egg?

Why is there something rather than nothing?

Can you really experience anything objectively?

Riddle me that, Batman.
HILife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:03 AM   #6
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
It is still so surreal to me. Two years ago who would have guessed the Broncos would have Peyton Manning and Wes Welker on their roster?
2 years ago who would have guessed we'd be a favorite to win the super bowl? Elway is kicking ass at his job
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #7
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Win one for the gipper or GTFO.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 AM   #8
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Gotta put your best foot forward. Cant be timid and just dip your toes in. Fear of defeat is all the motivation a good foot soldier needs.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:13 AM   #9
Dr. Broncenstein
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Trey Gowdy

Dr. Broncenstein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:49 AM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

!
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM   #11
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

That headline makes it sound like he finally came out of the closet or something.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:55 AM   #12
ColoradoDarin
Not Too Shabby Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
T J Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
That headline makes it sound like he finally came out of the closet or something.

ColoradoDarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:57 AM   #13
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I really think the stuff ive read about him and his jokes and sense of humor, he will fit right in with the pranksters and team chemistry here.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:19 PM   #14
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

"On that front Welker, once famously benched by Belichick for the first series of a 2010 playoff game for having poked public fun at New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, is taking baby steps toward disclosure early in his Broncos tenure. For starters, he admitted that the Patriots' decision to let him hit the market—and, ultimately, to swing a deal with former Rams wideout Danny Amendola in a pre-emptive move to replace him – will serve as a motivating force in 2013."

Best part of Welker was his pregame talk to reporters before playing Rex Ryan and his Jets. It was perfect as we all found out about Ryan's foot fetish.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:41 PM   #15
El Guapo
aka mav_7. who?

Awesome, thanks for sharing. Really looking forward to having another Texan on the team.
El Guapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:19 PM   #16
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
"Wes Welker sat back in a plush, leather chair in the lobby of the Denver Broncos training facility last week, conducting a post-workout interview without revealing the slightest hint of stress.

Unlike the conversations he had with reporters during his six-year stint with the New England Patriots – whose coach, Bill Belichick, scrutinizes his players' public comments with NSA-like zeal – Welker felt no urgency to walk the line between bland and unrevealing.

"I feel like I can be myself a little more for sure," said Welker, who signed a two-year, $12-million deal with the Broncos on March 13, a day after becoming an unrestricted free agent. Asked if he'd received any pre-interview lectures about what subjects to avoid, Welker laughed and said, "Here? No. … All they told me was, 'Just be yourself.' "

Long regarded in player circles as one of the funnier, edgier NFL stars, Welker may finally reveal that to fans after six years of mostly pent-up plainness. Indeed, the switch from playing with one future Hall of Fame quarterback (Tom Brady) to another (Peyton Manning) may not be nearly as jolting as the shift in organizational climate – or, to borrow from Jimmy Buffett: "Changes in latitudes, changes in attitudes" (and, in this case, farewell to platitudes).

On that front Welker, once famously benched by Belichick for the first series of a 2010 playoff game for having poked public fun at New York Jets coach Rex Ryan, is taking baby steps toward disclosure early in his Broncos tenure. For starters, he admitted that the Patriots' decision to let him hit the market—and, ultimately, to swing a deal with former Rams wideout Danny Amendola in a pre-emptive move to replace him – will serve as a motivating force in 2013.

"Wherever you can pull any sort of motivation that you need to use to go out there and play the way you need to play, I say use it," Welker said in response to a question about whether he hoped to prove his success wasn't merely a product of the Patriots' system. "So whatever it is, then yeah, I'll definitely pull from wherever I can."

Read More At - http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--we...230015977.html
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:40 PM   #17
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I liked this.

Though John Fox is the platitude king. You thought Shanahan was good at saying a bunch of nothing, Fox doesn't even try to make it appear that he isn't saying nothing.
I thought Shanahan always gave good post game pressers. He would always get very detailed and honest. Fox is very very bland.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:49 PM   #18
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverDynamite View Post
If this was asked two years ago I would have said,

Manning and Welker would be as likely as

Phil Jackson coaching the Nuggets
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 02:04 PM   #19
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Notice his hat.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:43 AM   #20
SportinOne
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Really? A 9 minute video? ecchh
SportinOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:00 AM   #21
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Notice his hat.
It was an omen!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:04 AM   #22
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I thought Shanahan always gave good post game pressers. He would always get very detailed and honest. Fox is very very bland.
WUT?

Shanahan was purposely deceptive in all of his press conferences. It was part of his game.
bowtown is online now   Reply With Quote