The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > The Horses Butt
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 01:17 PM   #51
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
But by being pro life, you are. I don't think anyone on earth is pro abortion, they are just pro choice.

I am on the side of the defenseless. I have been given a chance to enjoy this thing we call life and I think everyone conceived should be allowed the same opportunity. If you don't want a baby there are plenty of ways to avoid conception but if this mystery called life bestows into your care a spark of this light you do not have the right to snuff it out.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #52
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I don't want to turn this into an abortion thread. I try to use my view of abortion with relation to how I am about eating meat and how I appear to PETA. They probably think I'm a murderer and horrible monster for feeding an industry that tortures and kills animals for my consumption.

That's how I view pro-choice people. I don't think they believe they're doing anything wrong even if I think it's murdering a baby.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:22 PM   #53
Archer81
Optimum Homo

Tactical Neck.

Nipples on a man. Not useless.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:24 PM   #54
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I don't want to turn this into an abortion thread. I try to use my view of abortion with relation to how I am about eating meat and how I appear to PETA. They probably think I'm a murderer and horrible monster for feeding an industry that tortures and kills animals for my consumption.

That's how I view pro-choice people. I don't think they believe they're doing anything wrong even if I think it's murdering a baby.
Glad you brought this up because it's often the example I use. We kill millions of animals that have intelligence, feel pain, etc. To me, a fetus or embryo is hardly fully formed, completely dependent on the mother, and frankly doesn't know the difference. I'm not flippant on the subject, I think it's an incredibly difficult decision and is often a sad thing. But far be it from me to force people to have them.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #55
OBF1
Ring of Famer

No avatar is the new avatar

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None are worthy

I used to live in the C-springs and Denver area's, thought it was the best place around...Now it has so totally became California without the beach.

Let the flaming begin.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:25 PM   #56
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Have kids that is
Old 06-09-2013, 01:34 PM   #57
Drunken.Broncoholic

Cucumbers. Thought they were gross on a sandwich. Not anymore.

Old 06-09-2013, 01:35 PM   #58
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
When did I imply that? Pro life people want to eliminate abortions...period! If you are personally pro life, but for others you don't care, then you're still pro choice.
Your assumption that all pro-lifers want to eliminate abortion is flawed and paranoid, and leads to the accusation that pro-lifers are extremists.

I am pro life like you, but while I abhor abortion, I have no intention of overturning Roe vs Wade. It is the law of the land, as divisive as it may be. From my view they get their choice from law, not because I support them, because I don't.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #59
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
When did I imply that? Pro life people want to eliminate abortions...period! If you are personally pro life, but for others you don't care, then you're still pro choice.
BS. Forcing your beliefs onto others is not a requirement to be pro-life. It's a requirement in being completely ignorant,but then again I could wrong,ignorant & pro-life may be one & the same.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:42 PM   #60
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Your assumption that all pro-lifers want to eliminate abortion is flawed and paranoid, and leads to the accusation that pro-lifers are extremists.

I am pro life like you, but while I abhor abortion, I have no intention of overturning Roe vs Wade. It is the law of the land, as divisive as it may be. From my view they get their choice from law, not because I support them, because I don't.
Wow, that's a hell of a conclusion you jumped to. Extremists? Paranoid? Jeez. I said i UNDERSTAND why people would be pro-life, i just don't AGREE with it.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:43 PM   #61
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

You guys have sucked the life out of this thread. No pun intended.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:44 PM   #62
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I am on the side of the defenseless. I have been given a chance to enjoy this thing we call life and I think everyone conceived should be allowed the same opportunity. If you don't want a baby there are plenty of ways to avoid conception but if this mystery called life bestows into your care a spark of this light you do not have the right to snuff it out.

I want to clarify a point. This (above) is how I have come to feel about the issue but I will not be carrying a sign in front of an abortion clinic or passing judgment on those that chose an abortion option to their life choices. I leave that to the Light that sparks us all to decide.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:45 PM   #63
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
BS. Forcing your beliefs onto others is not a requirement to be pro-life. It's a requirement in being completely ignorant,but then again I could wrong,ignorant & pro-life may be one & the same.
Of course it is!

let me get something straight. If you're pro-life, you want to eliminate the choice. 100 percent. And that's fine if you believe that, I even get why you do. But there is an argument in America, and if you're pro-life, and want to overturn the law, then pushing your beliefs on others is exactly what you're doing. If you personally would NEVER have an abortion, but allow other people to make a choice, you're pro-choice.

Again, I GET IT. If you think an embryo is a human and should have the same rights as one, then you think its murder. I get that. I just dont agree.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:46 PM   #64
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Hated Hamburger Helper as a kid, love it as an adult.

Hated school, loved college.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:51 PM   #65
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Not going to touch the abortion analogy, but I did stop eating meat partly on the basis of ethical reasons I had laughed at for most my life.

Politics and religion: my personal beliefs haven't undergone any big changes post-college, but I have come to see even very conservative worldviews as much more understandable and legitimate than I once did.

And not in a patronizing "oh, I get how a person's upbringing might make them hold those incorrect beliefs." More an understanding that different people and societies come to emphasize different values for historically important reasons. One of the best books on the topic is The Righteous Mind by Jonathan Haidt. Won't give the whole synopsis, but it has helped me better see the rational in opinions that I may have previously dismissed as selfish/crazy/ignorant/etc.

I also like mustard more than ketchup now.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #66
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Bananas. Hated them, now love them.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:55 PM   #67
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I hated canned veggies oh wait I still do.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:56 PM   #68
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Of course it is!

let me get something straight. If you're pro-life, you want to eliminate the choice. 100 percent. And that's fine if you believe that, I even get why you do. But there is an argument in America, and if you're pro-life, and want to overturn the law, then pushing your beliefs on others is exactly what you're doing. If you personally would NEVER have an abortion, but allow other people to make a choice, you're pro-choice.

Again, I GET IT. If you think an embryo is a human and should have the same rights as one, then you think its murder. I get that. I just dont agree.
I just gave you an example that contradicted your statement...me, and I am not alone on that--by a long shot. So who is forcing their opinions on who?

BTW, there is a HUGE difference between pro choice/pro life on a personal level and the political level. I think you are blurring the two in respect to the views of those who claim they are pro life.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #69
Dukes
Ring of Famer

You couldn't have paid me to eat cottage cheese up until a couple months ago. Now I eat it all the time.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #70
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

I used to be attracted to a women based on her body now I am more interested in the person within. Still don't feel attracted a sloppy looking one though.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:57 PM   #71
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

NBA basketball- Loved it as a kid (80's era), can't stand it now.

DYI-I never used to work on cars, homes etc. Started in my late 20's, now in my mid 30's I can fix a lot ****.

Red meat. (Steaks, Ribs, ham, hamburger, pork-chops, bacon) I ate at least 3 servings of red meat per day.) Now I only eat fish and occasionally bbq chicken.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #72
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I just gave you an example that contradicted your statement...me, and I am not alone on that--by a long shot. So who is forcing their opinions on who?

BTW, there is a HUGE difference between pro choice/pro life on a personal level and the political level. I think you are blurring the two in respect to the views of those who claim they are pro life.
Pro-life, pro-choice is a political issue. I dont see how you can separate the two. You are either for choice or you're against it. You can be pro-choice and never get an abortion.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:02 PM   #73
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I used to hate the raiders, now I just pity them in disgust.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:13 PM   #74
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Pro-life, pro-choice is a political issue. I dont see how you can separate the two. You are either for choice or you're against it. You can be pro-choice and never get an abortion.
You just made my point. You can't separate the two, but assume that is true for everyone.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:14 PM   #75
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
Finger in my ass during a blow job.

When I was a teen, I would have frowned upon it.

Then one day a chick threw a digit in my 5 hole while blowing me.

It's not something I want every time I get a hummer, but now and then I'm down with a digit.
You are gay and Blart wants your number.
Closed Thread