The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 10:36 PM   #1876
24champ
Bring back Kubiak!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Rask is unbelievable, how in the world did Malkin miss that wide open net in the waning seconds of the game?

Bruins are destined to win the cup, especially after that game 7 comeback vs the leafs.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:55 AM   #1877
chadta
Atomic Meatball Keeper

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Mc Rib

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Rask is unbelievable, how in the world did Malkin miss that wide open net in the waning seconds of the game?

Bruins are destined to win the cup, especially after that game 7 comeback vs the leafs.
I have no problem with the bruins, but by god life is going to be hell around here if that happens, Im already hearing rumblings from leaf fans about how it should be them in the cup, if only, if only. They may have a praded of proxy if the bruins win the cup. I may just have to move.
chadta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:49 PM   #1878
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Wow, really Dallas, 10 million over 2 years for Gonchar?
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:18 PM   #1879
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
Wow, really Dallas, 10 million over 2 years for Gonchar?
that's some Raider type of **** right there
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:27 PM   #1880
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
that's some Raider type of **** right there
I assuming from early indications that Jim Nill is going to do a Josh Mcdaniels type of job in Dallas, dismantle the team and in 2 years be back in Detroit at his old desk.
Old 06-08-2013, 04:56 PM   #1881
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Sarge is still a good PP QB but doesn't offer a lot else.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:14 PM   #1882
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

A few teams are in real trouble this offseason. Vancouver even if they manage to unload Luongo they won't be able to field a full roster. I am assuming they will unload at least one of their 4+ million defenders - Ballard is the only one without a no-trade clause and is an obvious candidate - Edler I believe is the only one who is going to be off-limits. At forward they have 5 guys making at least 4 million and 2 of them are not playing like it, Burrows and Booth. I don't think they can move Burrows even if they tried.

My best guess for the Canucks would be trading away Booth, Hamhuis and Bieksa. I believe both Bieksa and Hamhuis could bring decent returns in a very shallow d-man free agency year and while Booth will only bring a bag of pucks and a roll of duct tape getting rid of his salary is a necessity.

Tampa Bay is another team nestled right up against the cap with several empty roster spots to fill and not enough cash to do it. The obvious choice would be a compliance buyout of Lecavalier, that however would cost a ton of dough and if he runs off to a good team in the east and has success it could look like a real career killer for Yzerman. My best guess is that they do nothing major unless they can talk Ryan Malone into waiving his no trade clause and talk a team into taking Ryan Malone, while he has been a decent player he has not been able to stay healthy.

The Blackhawks are another team who will be undergoing some roster changes. They are right up against the cap and they need to either retain Emery or add another backup goalie. They are fine on defense and do not actually need to add anyone there, but on offense they will be losing Handzus, Bickell and Stalberg who have all contributed during these playoffs and they need to resign Kruger who is a key checking center. Ultimately getting rid of Frolik would help and there is an outside chance they take a look at buying out Hossa - or possibly send him packing. After all they were able to trade Brian Campbell and his untradeable contract.

San Jose is the last team who have to make some really interesting decisions. While they have a fair bit of space under the cap they also have a LOT of players with expiring contracts and need to either retain or sign a lot of players to field a roster. Adding to that almost all of their players are on the last year of their contracts and the team really needs to decide where to go.
Old 06-08-2013, 05:20 PM   #1883
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I assuming from early indications that Jim Nill is going to do a Josh Mcdaniels type of job in Dallas, dismantle the team and in 2 years be back in Detroit at his old desk.
i actually think he'll do a solid job with the Stars but that Gonchar deal is just stupid.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:40 PM   #1884
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

First 10 min: Chicago not ****ing around. LA already mentally on the golf course.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 07:21 PM   #1885
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
A few teams are in real trouble this offseason. Vancouver even if they manage to unload Luongo they won't be able to field a full roster. I am assuming they will unload at least one of their 4+ million defenders - Ballard is the only one without a no-trade clause and is an obvious candidate - Edler I believe is the only one who is going to be off-limits. At forward they have 5 guys making at least 4 million and 2 of them are not playing like it, Burrows and Booth. I don't think they can move Burrows even if they tried.

My best guess for the Canucks would be trading away Booth, Hamhuis and Bieksa. I believe both Bieksa and Hamhuis could bring decent returns in a very shallow d-man free agency year and while Booth will only bring a bag of pucks and a roll of duct tape getting rid of his salary is a necessity.

Tampa Bay is another team nestled right up against the cap with several empty roster spots to fill and not enough cash to do it. The obvious choice would be a compliance buyout of Lecavalier, that however would cost a ton of dough and if he runs off to a good team in the east and has success it could look like a real career killer for Yzerman. My best guess is that they do nothing major unless they can talk Ryan Malone into waiving his no trade clause and talk a team into taking Ryan Malone, while he has been a decent player he has not been able to stay healthy.

The Blackhawks are another team who will be undergoing some roster changes. They are right up against the cap and they need to either retain Emery or add another backup goalie. They are fine on defense and do not actually need to add anyone there, but on offense they will be losing Handzus, Bickell and Stalberg who have all contributed during these playoffs and they need to resign Kruger who is a key checking center. Ultimately getting rid of Frolik would help and there is an outside chance they take a look at buying out Hossa - or possibly send him packing. After all they were able to trade Brian Campbell and his untradeable contract.

San Jose is the last team who have to make some really interesting decisions. While they have a fair bit of space under the cap they also have a LOT of players with expiring contracts and need to either retain or sign a lot of players to field a roster. Adding to that almost all of their players are on the last year of their contracts and the team really needs to decide where to go.
Chicago will be fine. they know how to retool.
Old 06-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #1886
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Chicago will be fine. they know how to retool.
It cost them 2 seasons last time they went through it.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:20 PM   #1887
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
and every single player they got in return for who they gave up is helping them get back to the SCF. you really wanna argue about 2 years when they might win 2 cups within a 4-5 season span?
Old 06-08-2013, 08:26 PM   #1888
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

wow, how do you let a 180 lb dude check you into the opposing bench? damn Muzzin.
i know Shaw got rocked by Greene later but still.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:29 PM   #1889
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
and every single player they got in return for who they gave up is helping them get back to the SCF. you really wanna argue about 2 years when they might win 2 cups within a 4-5 season span?
Look at every other elite team - Detroit and Pittsburgh went to consecutive finals, and Pittsburgh were back in the ECF this year. Boston went to 2 finals in the last 3 years, LA went to the finals last year and this year the WCF. Going twice in 4 years is really nothing special. Add to the players they are losing a pretty pathetic prospect group and Chicago could be back on the outside looking in for another few years which is just not what the elite teams do.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:41 PM   #1890
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Look at every other elite team - Detroit and Pittsburgh went to consecutive finals, and Pittsburgh were back in the ECF this year. Boston went to 2 finals in the last 3 years, LA went to the finals last year and this year the WCF. Going twice in 4 years is really nothing special. Add to the players they are losing a pretty pathetic prospect group and Chicago could be back on the outside looking in for another few years which is just not what the elite teams do.
Chicago kept their entire true core intact though. Detroit is not normal. they haven't missed the playoffs in what 19+ years?
Pitt was a fairly young team when they went back to back and had some key moves to shore them up.
Boston and LA barely lost anything from their cup teams and made additions.

Chicago was poorly structured by Tallon in that first run and had to adjust.
Chicago set themselves back for 2 years to set themselves up for even longer.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:48 PM   #1891
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

****'s sake. Props to LA for really bouncing back in the 2nd and 3rd. Crazy finish to force OT.
Old 06-08-2013, 08:52 PM   #1892
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

that was nuts. but i want to see more of this type of hockey so hopefully it's a long OT with Chicago winning.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:03 PM   #1893
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

God i love playoff hockey. i really need the Avs to get back to being a elite team.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:21 PM   #1894
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
God i love playoff hockey. i really need the Avs to get back to being a elite team.
Agree, on both counts. But I've also lived in Chicago for 5 years now, so I get a kick out of following the Hawks along with my friends. Now let's see if they can top the Bruins so I can join the entire city in getting trashed together again like in 2010!
Old 06-09-2013, 02:43 AM   #1895
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:

Seriously? You think they're going to be too upset if they have to wait a whole two years to make the Finals again? 95% of the teams in this league would kill to be able to do that.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:50 AM   #1896
canadianbroncosfan

Quote:
The same can be said for last time. They lost more key players then they will this time. Ladd, Byfuglien, Niemi, Brouwer, and Versteeg.

I'm not too worried about their "pathetic" prospect group. They've done pretty well drafting the past few years (ie Saad, Shaw). I'd be more worried about your Wings looking in from the outside than I am the 'Hawks.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:52 AM   #1897
canadianbroncosfan

Old 06-09-2013, 05:36 AM   #1898
Beantown Bronco
Athletic Supporter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Prater

What a crappy schedule. Chicago gets 2 Saturday night home games for the Finals and we get Monday, Wednesday and Monday for our games. I see some sick days in my future.
Beantown Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:25 AM   #1899
Kid A
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
The Kingslayer
Old 06-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #1900
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbroncosfan View Post
The same can be said for last time. They lost more key players then they will this time. Ladd, Byfuglien, Niemi, Brouwer, and Versteeg.

I'm not too worried about their "pathetic" prospect group. They've done pretty well drafting the past few years (ie Saad, Shaw). I'd be more worried about your Wings looking in from the outside than I am the 'Hawks.
Saad is a decent prospect and should end up in the top 6, but Shaw is a career 3rd liner - his offensive impact is simply too low for anything else.

This time they are losing 2 top 6 forwards (Bickell and Handzus) or alternatively buying out another top 6 forward in Hossa to keep one of the other 2. Last time Versteeg was the only top 6 forward they lost - all the rest were 3rd liners and support players at the time, some of whom improved after they left the Hawks. The loss of Rozival is minor, he is easily replaced and was a 6th/7th d-man, but as it stands right now they can't afford to resign Leddy either so that means they are losing 33% of their d-rotation which is a problem since they won't have the money to replace them so that means they are going to be looking to Brookbank and Montador to pick up the pace.

95% of the league would be happy with 2 finals in 4 years? Boston has 2 in 3, Pittsburgh and Detroit had 2 in 2, LA had finals and WCF in back to back years and none of those teams are going to be losing the type of talent Chicago will be. Hell, Detroit went to overtime in game 7 in WSF in a season when they lead the league in games lost to injury and the first season after losing probably the best player of his generation in Lidstrom, along with Brad Stuart and Jiri Hudler - they will be just fine.