The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 08:43 PM   #201
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Puig is going to be so good!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:26 PM   #202
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Puig finishes his second major league game with a double, 2 HRs, 2 runs and 5 RBIs. Not bad for a guy that I was told wasn't a power hitter.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:55 PM   #203
Tim

ya'll are missing a rockies slug fest. Cargo has 3hr and tulo with 2 so far and the rest of the team has a few as well.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:20 PM   #204
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinals rookie righthander Shelby Miller pitched well and homered, moved his record to 7-3.

Cardinals are 39-21
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 09:45 PM   #205
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Puig with his first career grand slam. Can one player save a team
Old 06-07-2013, 09:06 PM   #206
bombay
Ring of Famer

Adam Wainwright picked up his 9th win tonight, and the Cardinals beat the Reds, 9-2.

40-21
Old 06-07-2013, 10:19 PM   #207
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Puig hit his 4th HR in his 5th game. Beast mode.
Old 06-08-2013, 09:48 AM   #208
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Puig hit his 4th HR in his 5th game. Beast mode.
He is incredible. Spring training we said dude was gonna be a stud. Not sure whoever wanted him to start the season in the minor leagues is an idiot or genius. Idiot for not realizing dude would Rake over fences the second he's on the field, genius for realizing starting in the minors have different contract consequences for the dodgers.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:30 AM   #209
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
He is incredible. Spring training we said dude was gonna be a stud. Not sure whoever wanted him to start the season in the minor leagues is an idiot or genius. Idiot for not realizing dude would Rake over fences the second he's on the field, genius for realizing starting in the minors have different contract consequences for the dodgers.
From a management point of view him starting in the minors for contract point of view make sense. I don't think anyone saw Kemp struggling so much recovering from his injury and Ethier pretty much not caring anymore (from my point of view). My only hope is Ethier can be moved for someone like Aramis Ramirez to bridge the gap till Corey Seager is ready. They need to move someone to keep Puig up. That is the only way LA can climb back into the NL West race IMO.
Old 06-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #210
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
From a management point of view him starting in the minors for contract point of view make sense. I don't think anyone saw Kemp struggling so much recovering from his injury and Ethier pretty much not caring anymore (from my point of view). My only hope is Ethier can be moved for someone like Aramis Ramirez to bridge the gap till Corey Seager is ready. They need to move someone to keep Puig up. That is the only way LA can climb back into the NL West race IMO.
With my giants struggling and Arizona lookin good, and CO being in the mix its all muddled up. Giants got some real problems. Seems Arizona took their pitching mojo.
Old 06-08-2013, 12:00 PM   #211
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
With my giants struggling and Arizona lookin good, and CO being in the mix its all muddled up. Giants got some real problems. Seems Arizona took their pitching mojo.
Yeah my other brother is a AZ fan. He is talking crap to both me and my Giants brother lol. Things should get fun after the All Star break!
Old 06-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #212
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Yeah my other brother is a AZ fan. He is talking crap to both me and my Giants brother lol. Things should get fun after the All Star break!
Ya it definetly makes for an entertaining season when the teams are all competing. Sounds like a full NL west family
Old 06-08-2013, 02:59 PM   #213
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Man I remember back when the Dodgers signed Ethier to that extension and thinking how stupid it was, mainly due to slightly overpaying. And now he has bottomed out.

As for Puig, geez lets give the kid some more time to determine the decision. Kevin Maas? Shane Spencer?
NL West has always been weird the last few years. A team suddenly wins out of nowhere. DBacks are winning with basically great bullpen pitching and decent starting rotation. Rockies have a great lineup, but questionable pitching. Giants have a decent offense, great bullpen, but kinda iffy SP at the moment. Dodgers have had injuries and guys not stepping up, and well the Padres are...the Padres.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #214
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

SEATTLE -- Andy Pettitte allowed three hits over 7 1/3 innings to earn his 250th career victory, leading the Yankees to a 3-1 win over the Seattle Mariners on Saturday.

It was his 213th victory as a Yankee, putting him third on the franchise's career list behind Whitey Ford (236) and Red Ruffing (231).

Pettitte (5-3) had six strikeouts and no walks in his 85-pitch effort. He has 1,940 strikeouts as a Yankee, 16 behind franchise leader Ford.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 06:17 PM   #215
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

FROM ELIAS: Prince Fielder (51) and Miguel Cabrera (67) are the 1st pair of teammates to each have at least 50 RBI through 60 team games since Carlos Delgado (58) and Vernon Wells (55) in 2003. The last pair of Tigers teammates to each have at least 50 RBI through 60 team games were Vic Wertz (63) and Hoot Evers (51) in 1950.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #216
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

I was glad to see the Royals name George Brett as their hitting coach (they've won 4 straight games since then).

I'm a Tigers fan, but George Brett is one of my all time favorite players.

He looks like he is infusing the team with some energy and appears to be having a blast working with the players.

I was 8 years old when he hit .390 in 1980 and remember looking at the box scores every day in the newspaper to see what he did the previous night....of course ESPN was in it's infancy back then (we didn't have cable anyway back then) and it was well before the Internet age and 24/7/365 information overload....so when I was a kid, I relied on the daily box scores, the weekly installment of TWIB, and Tigers games on the radio.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:35 AM   #217
OrangeSe7en

I was watching the highlights from yesterdays games and a few of my pet peeves surfaced.

1- There were two significant extra inning games yesterday. This prompted the espn anchors to use the term, "free baseball". Sorry, but when you buy a ticket to a major league game, you're paying for the right to see the contest arrive at it's eventual outcome. Nothing about 9 innings is specified. Nor do announcers talk about refunds when a game is called after 6 innings.

2- The Cardinals loss yesterday put them at 40-22. People in broadcasting call this 18 games over .500. But .500 for 62 games is 31-31. So, the Cardinals are actually 9 games over .500, not 18.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:59 PM   #218
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
I was watching the highlights from yesterdays games and a few of my pet peeves surfaced.

1- There were two significant extra inning games yesterday. This prompted the espn anchors to use the term, "free baseball". Sorry, but when you buy a ticket to a major league game, you're paying for the right to see the contest arrive at it's eventual outcome. Nothing about 9 innings is specified. Nor do announcers talk about refunds when a game is called after 6 innings.

2- The Cardinals loss yesterday put them at 40-22. People in broadcasting call this 18 games over .500. But .500 for 62 games is 31-31. So, the Cardinals are actually 9 games over .500, not 18.
Its called 18 games over .500 because they would have to lose 18 straight just to be .500.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:08 PM   #219
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
Its called 18 games over .500 because they would have to lose 18 straight just to be .500.
I know but it's not correct.
Old 06-09-2013, 01:10 PM   #220
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

The Tigers sweep the Indians and have opened up a 5.5 game lead over the Tribe in the division.
Old 06-09-2013, 02:07 PM   #221
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthStndJunkie View Post
I was glad to see the Royals name George Brett as their hitting coach (they've won 4 straight games since then).

I'm a Tigers fan, but George Brett is one of my all time favorite players.

He looks like he is infusing the team with some energy and appears to be having a blast working with the players.

I was 8 years old when he hit .390 in 1980 and remember looking at the box scores every day in the newspaper to see what he did the previous night....of course ESPN was in it's infancy back then (we didn't have cable anyway back then) and it was well before the Internet age and 24/7/365 information overload....so when I was a kid, I relied on the daily box scores, the weekly installment of TWIB, and Tigers games on the radio.
Everyone was talking about Brett after the All Star break. I remember exactly being driven somewhere and at the bottom of the street, the Angels' radio announcer said he would have to go 6 for 8 or 8 for 8 on the last day to hit .400. That was such a magical year and only Boggs and Gwynn could even come close to hitting .400 .
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 02:09 PM   #222
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:

I have a pet peeve of people that actually think your statement above is correct in baseball talk. Too literal. I feel that type of talk should be in a myspace blog.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:45 PM   #223
TheChamp24

The Legend

Quote:
I know but it's not correct.
But...it is correct. The Cardinals need to lose 18 games to get to .500. so they are 18 games over .500.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:51 PM   #224
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChamp24 View Post
But...it is correct. The Cardinals need to lose 18 games to get to .500. so they are 18 games over .500.
No, 50% of 62 is 31.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:52 PM   #225
bombay
Ring of Famer

Cardinals have scored 7 in the 10th (11-4), capped by a 460 foot Matt Holiday grand slam. They'll be 41-22 after this game.

Cardinals will be 19 games over .500!

Even though that's incorrect, mathematically speaking.

Last edited by bombay; 06-09-2013 at 08:57 PM..