The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #76
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
You mean, kinda like your assumption that Obama is "guilty" in this whole IRS thing? Kinda like that?
Never said he was guilty. I said there are far too many open questions for you and PP to declare anything a dead end. Which you like to do. At every opportunity.

These abuses are both consistent and widespread. The WH did itself few favors with the 'few rogue agents' bull**** right off the bat. It's demonstrably beyond that.

But anytime you see someone lead off with a lie (or even stacked layers of lies), it makes most people wonder where the real truth ends. Only the team players will watch lie after lie and still valiantly cling to any leftover plausible deniability.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:49 AM   #77
elsid13
Lost In Space

Bóg, Honor, Ojczyzna

Quote:
That argument only works if they were actually interested in governing. It far better for those institutions not to work if you are only interested in getting elected.
elsid13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:53 AM   #78
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
It's interesting to think about what the Right might want, isn't it? We know they want to tear down our government and are doing everything in their power to destroy it. I guess an apt analogy would be, maybe they can't shut down the engine directly, but they can certainly keep putting sand in the gas tank until it fails. And then what?

We can suss out the government they would like by simply following their agenda. No taxes on corporations. No estate taxes. No capital gains taxes. (The incomes of the rich have gone up by 60% over the last two decades already. Who knows where these tax policies would lead?) Totally uncontrolled banksters. Uncontrolled corporations. Shut down Fed. No social programs. Healthcare completely left to the discretion of the insurance corporations without government intervention. Medicare and Social Security shut down. Medicaid gone. No EPA. No federal education program, other than making sure the Bible is part of the curriculum. No gay marriage. No immigration. The war on drugs goes on and on and on. America goes into Syria. What else would they like?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #79
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Ah, I spoke to soon on the NYT. After saying the President has lost all credibility, they came back with this...
You are aware that the NYT isn't some monolithic entity with a single voice, right? That the opinions and stories produced and published by and for the publication aren't all written by the same person?
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:57 AM   #80
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
It's interesting to think about what the Right might want, isn't it? We know they want to tear down our government and are doing everything in their power to destroy it. I guess an apt analogy would be, maybe they can't shut down the engine directly, but they can certainly keep putting sand in the gas tank until it fails. And then what?
Damn, that sounds almost Gaffenian.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:12 AM   #81
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
When he said its clear the IRS is an agency scandal I stopped reading. He doesn't know that. We have an IRS who refuses to admit who ordered the targetting. One of them plead the 5th to avoid answering it. If that doesn't set off alarms someone at the white house could be involved what does?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 10:16 AM   #82
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
When he said its clear the IRS is an agency scandal I stopped reading. He doesn't know that. We have an IRS who refuses to admit who ordered the targetting. One of them plead the 5th to avoid answering it. If that doesn't set off alarms someone at the white house could be involved what does?
Uncut video of Obama ordering Shulman to get it done. That's all they'll accept. I thought maybe a signed document would be enough, but these guys would tell us signatures are too easy to forge. And photos can be shopped. Useless.