The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #51
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Hilarious that it took this long, but then it is the NYT--sworn to uphold Democratic pols come hell or high water.
What's really hilarious is that you ever believed the NYT was remotely as biased as you think it was. But when you do nothing but gulp down right wing propaganda it's really not all that surprising that you're so detached from reality.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:13 PM   #52
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
What's really hilarious is that you ever believed the NYT was remotely as biased as you think it was. But when you do nothing but gulp down right wing propaganda it's really not all that surprising that you're so detached from reality.
If we can count on anything, we can count on Big Tony making the reaction to the story the real story. Polls and Politics. amirite? Polls and Politics.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:31 PM   #53
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
If we can count on anything, we can count on Big Tony making the reaction to the story the real story. Polls and Politics. amirite? Polls and Politics.
What part of us telling you that nothing is going to come of this have you not understood so far? Lets recap shall we?

Story breaks. You cry foul. We say let's see where the investigation leads. You point out numerous times where you think it's leading. We say its not going to matter because nothing will come of it (gee, I wonder if there's precedent). You link the Watergate story. We laugh at what a ridiculous comparison it is and then link stories about what a non-story this is. You whine about how politics works.

Considering its taking you weeks to figure out, it seems like you're a bit slow on the uptake.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:36 PM   #54
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

What a trainwreck Obamas whole administration has become. From Fast and Furious, to Benghazzigate, to IRSgate, to attacking freedom of the press and leaking state secrets at the same time this administration a few decades after its over will rate on of the worst ever by historians.

Then one day we will finally find out the truth about all his mysteries.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:42 PM   #55
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

When did the NYT become so racist?
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 02:54 PM   #56
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What a trainwreck Obamas whole administration has become. From Fast and Furious, to Benghazzigate, to IRSgate, to attacking freedom of the press and leaking state secrets at the same time this administration a few decades after its over will rate on of the worst ever by historians.

Then one day we will finally find out the truth about all his mysteries.

Except the previous administration started Fast and Furious (then known as Wide Receiver), had a major terrorist attack on US soil, used the IRS to target groups opposed to their views, wiretapped people without a warrant to do so, outed a CIA agent... (that's all without even bringing up Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina)

Worst ever? Obama isn't even the worst this millennium.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:12 PM   #57
Arkie
Ring of Famer

Say 'what' again, I dare you

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
What a way to start off the new millennium! Sixteen years of the two worst Presidents in history. The sad reality is that Romney, McCain, and Kerry wouldn't have been any better. It's not a political party problem, it's a federal government problem.
Arkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #58
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post

Except the previous administration started Fast and Furious (then known as Wide Receiver), had a major terrorist attack on US soil, used the IRS to target groups opposed to their views, wiretapped people without a warrant to do so, outed a CIA agent... (that's all without even bringing up Iraq, Afghanistan, Katrina)

Obama could sprout horns and you would say yeah but Bush was a draft dodger! HAHA! Your hope and change president is crap and you know it. Wait until Obamacare kicks in and the economy takes the last **** of Obamas term. People will be as sick of him as they were carter by the time he goes.
Old 06-06-2013, 04:39 PM   #59
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
What a way to start off the new millennium! Sixteen years of the two worst Presidents in history. The sad reality is that Romney, McCain, and Kerry wouldn't have been any better. It's not a political party problem, it's a federal government problem.
the big evil federal government.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #60
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Obama could sprout horns and you would say yeah but Bush was a draft dodger! HAHA! Your hope and change president is crap and you know it. Wait until Obamacare kicks in and the economy takes the last **** of Obamas term. People will be as sick of him as they were carter by the time he goes.
That's not the point. You've missed it, as always.

The point is that you're right. In terms of how he goes about getting things done, transparency and foreign policy, he's not much different than anyone we've seen over the past 50 years. That means your claim that he is somehow the worst president ever needs to show that he's done some really bad stuff for which there is no precedent.

There is precedent for ALL the items you listed. That means Obama is just more of the same, not the worst president ever. My inclusion of Bush into the argument is to show that not only was there precedent for all the items you listed, but there was precedent for all the items you listed JUST from the last administration alone!

So why the outrage? I was under the impression that you all knew that the hope and change mantra was BS. If there's no surprise, if there's a history of overreach that doesn't start with the Obama presidency, if there is no proof the Obama administration is doing anything illegal AND hasn't been done before...I ask again...why so much outrage and overexaggeration?

Because. He's a Democrat.

To put it another, simpler way that maybe you can understand...how is it possible for someone to be simultaneously "more of the same" and "the worst ever?"

Last edited by houghtam; 06-06-2013 at 05:14 PM..
Old 06-06-2013, 04:49 PM   #61
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
I think it's both.

Obama was a reaction the the bizarre Bush years, just like Carter after the Nixon resignation (not counting the unelected Ford) and Reagan after the Carter years.

We don't necessarily elect the best for the job, more like in reaction to the previous administration along party lines.

The bureaucrats and the Federal system remain largely intact and keep growing.
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:32 PM   #62
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
the big evil federal government.
You picked one hell of a day for that line of sarcasm.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:41 PM   #63
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Lots of people here attack sources like the NYT when it doesn't fit the narrative of their cocooned right wing reality. You are one of the main offenders here of attacking the source of news and opinions you don't like, so you should be quite familiar with it. I think it's fair for me to point out how funny it is when y'all jump to post articles from those terrible sources when they fit your agenda. Nowhere did I say the story was bad or false or untrustworthy. Only that it's funny seeing one of the righties jumping all over it. Like hungry dogs to table scraps.
Old 06-06-2013, 05:54 PM   #64
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Lots of people here attack sources like the NYT when it doesn't fit the narrative of their cocooned right wing reality. You are one of the main offenders here of attacking the source of news and opinions you don't like, so you should be quite familiar with it. I think it's fair for me to point out how funny it is when y'all jump to post articles from those terrible sources when they fit your agenda. Nowhere did I say the story was bad or false or untrustworthy. Only that it's funny seeing one of the righties jumping all over it. Like hungry dogs to table scraps.
It's clear you don't understand the nature of bias. It's not generally about terrible vs great. It's about agendas and focus.

Anyway, sources who normally share your view are joining the bipartisan chorus while you bury your head in the sand. It only serves to illustrate how completely at the margins you are with your excusemaking and denialism.

If someone used right-leaning sources, you'd discredit them. So they use your 'gold standard' sources, so you say "How dare you!" In essence, you're really just locking yourself in a dark closet and plugging your ears.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:03 PM   #65
TonyR
Franchise Poster

A guy pushing a Daily Caller piece trying to lecture me on the "nature of bias" and "agendas and focus"! Good stuff, Beavis. I know you weren't going for funny. Even so, I am laughing at you!
Old 06-06-2013, 08:14 PM   #66
Obushma
Ring of Famer

Bring your lunch pail

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Zane Beadles

Quote:
A guy pushing a Daily Caller piece trying to lecture me on the "nature of bias" and "agendas and focus"! Good stuff, Beavis. I know you weren't going for funny. Even so, I am laughing at you!
Just flop your tongue out and commence with your Obama boot lick
Obushma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:40 PM   #67
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
So you don't attack when right leaning news sources are used? This is big because when the liberal leaning media starts to turn you know its getting bad.
Old 06-06-2013, 11:18 PM   #68
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Take 1 min to detach and truly understand how serious this issue is...regardless of the party affiliation.

Let not him who is houseless pull down the house of another, but let him work diligently and build one for himself, thus by example assuring that his own shall be safe from violence when built.

Abraham Lincoln
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 06:20 AM   #69
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
Just flop your tongue out and commence with your Obama boot lick
Show me where in my post you see any boots being licked? I don't even mention Obama.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #70
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Don't think I ever pushed the Daily Caller piece. Even so, it followed up on what was already testimony. You can continue to believe in this fantasy world that so long as Daily Caller said something about something you can treat it as anti-truth.

But it's fairly clear you already do that with anything that doesn't fit your preconceived checklist of notions.

Goooooooooooooooobama!
Old 06-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #71
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Show me where in my post you see any boots being licked? I don't even mention Obama.
Of course you don't. If the Obama admin effs up, you won't talk about Obama. You'll talk about everyone who's talking about Obama.

You're kinda like the Surveillance State version of Ted Haggard.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:18 AM   #72
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Quote:
It's clear you don't understand the nature of bias. It's not generally about terrible vs great. It's about agendas and focus.

Anyway, sources who normally share your view are joining the bipartisan chorus while you bury your head in the sand. It only serves to illustrate how completely at the margins you are with your excusemaking and denialism.

If someone used right-leaning sources, you'd discredit them. So they use your 'gold standard' sources, so you say "How dare you!" In essence, you're really just locking yourself in a dark closet and plugging your ears.
If Hitler says, "2+2=4," that statement is true regardless of the ignominy of the source. Saying "Hitler is an evil a-hole" is irrelevant to the validity of the statement itself. You typing a smiley and making smart-ass comments about a particular source does nothing to discredit the argument. Like when righties pretend to have discredited global warming because Al Gore flew on a jet. Al Gore's lifestyle is immaterial to the validity of his argument. To be fair, you get this from the left too when they laugh at Fox News or The Weekly Standard. I'm sure you can find posts of mine where I've done the same. But it's a fallacy to do so. Address the argument, or it's safe to assume you don't know how to.
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:22 AM   #73
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
But it's fairly clear you already do that with anything that doesn't fit your preconceived checklist of notions.
You mean, kinda like your assumption that Obama is "guilty" in this whole IRS thing? Kinda like that?

Look, if you're stupid enough to think the Daily Caller is a more reliable source than the NYT then I don't know what to tell you. And you've failed to see how silly and ludicrous your attempt at "teaching" me about bias is. The Daily Caller is a propaganda outfit with a clear agenda. I shouldn't have to explain this to you. Occasionally you show a level of intelligence which at least suggests you can probably understand this through the red haze of your Obama hatred.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:27 AM   #74
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Quote:
I appreciate that conservative reformers must pay lip-service to shibboleths about Barack Obama being the worst president of all time, who won’t rest until he has snuffed out the remains of constitutional liberty, etc. etc. Dissent too much from party orthodoxy, and you find yourself outside the party altogether.

Still … conservative reformers should admit, if only to themselves, the harm that has been done by the politics of total war over the past five years. Now Republicans are working themselves into a frenzy that will paralyze Congress for the next 18 months at least, and could well lead to an impeachment crisis. As it becomes clear that the IRS story is an agency scandal, not a White House scandal, conservative reformers need to be ready to do their part to apply the brakes and turn the steering wheel. There will be a Republican president again someday, and that president will need American political institutions to work. Republicans also lose as those institutions degenerate.
- David Frum
http://www.thedailybeast.com/article...od-things.html

Last edited by TonyR; 06-07-2013 at 08:05 AM..
Old 06-07-2013, 07:46 AM   #75
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Ah, I spoke to soon on the NYT. After saying the President has lost all credibility, they came back with this:

The President has lost all credibility...ON THIS ISSUE.

I'm shocked it took a whole day to back off their statement. How long before we see the NYT editorial that says 'The President has shown an almost deistic ability to regain credibility...ON EVERY ISSUE!'?

NYT can slink back into the admin's good graces and relinquish the spine they seemed to grow just yesterday. Pu$$ies.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote