The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2013, 07:57 PM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post
I'll stop pissing in y'alls cherrios in a second. Baseball is intricate and complex, and I'm sure it's fun for some people... but IMO.

1. (American/Gridiron) Football

2. Hockey (tie)
2. (World/Association) Football... ie soccer

4. Winter Olympics (ski racing, figure skating etc.)

5. Summer Olympics (esp. sprinting and gymnastics)
6. Golf (mostly the Masters/US Open)
7. Basketball
8. Ultimate Fighting
9. Rugby

I think I'd put baseball tied with Tennis at 10, ahead of volleyball and lacrosse. That is, I'll watch game 7 of the world series, wembleton, and the MLL championship... other than that I can take it or leave it.

Carry on....
That is the worst ranking of sports ever.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 08:12 PM   #27
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Since we're doing lists......

1. Broncos
2. Real Football
3. College Football
4. High School Football
5. Pee Wee Football
6. Nuggets Basketball
7. CU Basketball
8. Rockies (when they don't suck)
9. Avalanche (when they don't suck)
10. Boxing
11. NHRA
12. NASCAR
13. Colorado National Speedway
14. Olympics
15. Cock Fighting
16. Televised Poker
17. Lingerie Football
18. Roller Derby
19. Lacrosse
20. Golf
22. That shuffleboard game on ice in the Olympics
23. Competitive Cheerleading
24. Spelling Bee
25. Competitive Eating
26. soccer
That is a ppretty good list.I would drop NASCAR and throw Tennis in the top 7.I would move Boxing up ahead of Tennis and Ultimate fight just below Tennis. I would take out High School football altogether.
Old 05-09-2013, 10:45 PM   #28
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
That is a ppretty good list.I would drop NASCAR and throw Tennis in the top 7.I would move Boxing up ahead of Tennis and Ultimate fight just below Tennis. I would take out High School football altogether.
I haven't seen a tennis match since Sampras and Agassi were going at it.

Forgot to put little league baseball in there. Shoulda put that at #2. Bout a week ago my eldest son was on 2nd, batter got a base hit and he was actually walking to 3rd. Coach was screaming at him and I just put my head down and laughed. Great stuff sometimes.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2013, 10:47 PM   #29
loborugger
lost in the ether

Did we finally get a FB???

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

They got swept in SF earlier this season, they lost 3 of 4 against ATL at home a few weeks ago, & they just lost 2 of 3 to both TB and NYY at home. They seem to dominate weak and mediocre teams but struggle against the best teams. As long as their starting pitching is ho-hum, I don't seem them doing anything but breaking hearts. Having said that, they have a lot of good bats & are often a fun team to watch. They have a lot of youngsters playing which gives them a solid foundation for the future.
loborugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 11:16 PM   #30
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

As St. Louis showed tonight.

Stud pitching ****s on a powerful lineup.

Rockies are still relatively young and have a lot of work to do.

The team's BA went from 7 players batting over .300 to something like 2 now in the past week.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 03:30 AM   #31
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
As St. Louis showed tonight.

Stud pitching ****s on a powerful lineup.

Rockies are still relatively young and have a lot of work to do.

The team's BA went from 7 players batting over .300 to something like 2 now in the past week.
St. Louis seems like no matter what their record by the time the playoffs start, they are the team to beat.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:08 AM   #32
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swedish Extrovert View Post

4. figure skating

5. gymnastics
you serious, Clark?
Old 05-12-2013, 12:15 PM   #33
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Already hitting that slump that drives them to the cellar in the standings. Tulo and his big money missing games on a regular basis, the entire offense going ice cold. Nicasio and Francis sucking while Chatwood and Pomeranz perform in triple a. Sounds like the annual May Rockies report.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:21 PM   #34
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
Already hitting that slump that drives them to the cellar in the standings. Tulo and his big money missing games on a regular basis, the entire offense going ice cold. Nicasio and Francis sucking while Chatwood and Pomeranz perform in triple a. Sounds like the annual May Rockies report.
Maybe you're just trying to be a troll, RE: Tulo?

Today, Tulo is playing in his 34th game of the season (out of 37).

For the season, he's 6th in batting average, 7th in home runs, and 1st in RBIs.

Oh, and he leads all shortstops with only one error.

His $10 million salary this year makes him the 103rd highest paid player in baseball.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 01:31 PM   #35
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
Maybe you're just trying to be a troll, RE: Tulo?

Today, Tulo is playing in his 34th game of the season (out of 37).

For the season, he's 6th in batting average, 7th in home runs, and 1st in RBIs.

Oh, and he leads all shortstops with only one error.

His $10 million salary this year makes him the 103rd highest paid player in baseball.
And his full contract total is one of the highest ever.

And this is his 33rd game this year, and either way a team leader should not be missing games as often as he does. And the way it is being talked about that groin is going to cost him numerous games very soon.

And you're right. I can't stand him. I think he is an arrogant douchebag who would be a better 3rd baseman than shortstop. That position would actually limit the wear and tear on him and keep him in the lineup day in and day out.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 05-12-2013 at 01:35 PM..
Old 05-13-2013, 05:07 PM   #36
eddie mac
Ireland's No1 Bronco

Eddie Mac 87 gone but never forgott

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rod Smith

Some people just never learn.
eddie mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:52 PM   #37
DomCasual
This one's for Pat!

Shameless Homer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
And his full contract total is one of the highest ever.

And this is his 33rd game this year, and either way a team leader should not be missing games as often as he does. And the way it is being talked about that groin is going to cost him numerous games very soon.

And you're right. I can't stand him. I think he is an arrogant douchebag who would be a better 3rd baseman than shortstop. That position would actually limit the wear and tear on him and keep him in the lineup day in and day out.
I don't get it. Why the hate for Tulo?

So far, his injuries haven't really come from his play in the field. He's going to be just as aggressive on the base paths, whether he's at 3B, SS, or catcher. At some point, a move to 3rd base will probably make sense. And, Tulo's made comments that make him appear amenable to the move (although he's said he doesn't see any reason to consider it right now - and I agree with him).

As a 3rd baseman, Tulo is still a great player. But, he's definitely "closer to the pack," when comparing him with other good 3rd basemen. At shortstop, he is truly unique - a five-tool guy who is capable of .300/30/100 every season.

And the Rockies finally have a guy that eliminates a big need at 3B, assuming that Arenado doesn't morph into Ian Steward 2.0. Despite their recent slump at the plate, their lineup is loaded, and young. Assuming Cuddyer ends up at 1B, there won't really be any holes in the batting order.
DomCasual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:21 PM   #38
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomCasual View Post
I don't get it. Why the hate for Tulo?

So far, his injuries haven't really come from his play in the field. He's going to be just as aggressive on the base paths, whether he's at 3B, SS, or catcher. At some point, a move to 3rd base will probably make sense. And, Tulo's made comments that make him appear amenable to the move (although he's said he doesn't see any reason to consider it right now - and I agree with him).

As a 3rd baseman, Tulo is still a great player. But, he's definitely "closer to the pack," when comparing him with other good 3rd basemen. At shortstop, he is truly unique - a five-tool guy who is capable of .300/30/100 every season.

And the Rockies finally have a guy that eliminates a big need at 3B, assuming that Arenado doesn't morph into Ian Steward 2.0. Despite their recent slump at the plate, their lineup is loaded, and young. Assuming Cuddyer ends up at 1B, there won't really be any holes in the batting order.
My main issue goes to immaturity. The day he ended up on the DL for slamming his bat into the ground and wound up with wood shards in his hand when the bat broke, I lost respect for him. I get it, be frustrated in that moment but don't take dumb risks that could hinder yourself. I know it's a fluke occurence what happened but it still also reeked of a kid having a tantrum. He is getting paid to be the face and leader of the franchise, yet I have never heard of him taking control of the clubhouse. I have heard the names, Helton, Giambi, Cuddyer as the leaders in recent years.

With the 3rd base theory I have, the Rockies have a few guys in the minors including Arenado who are seen as extremely high potential at shortstop. At 3rd he limits the amount of times he needs to contort and wrench his hips, legs, groin and back fielding and making the throw to first, which results in less time on the DL

I am hoping that as guys like Helton move on he matures and becomes a leader. I just think a guy with his contract and status as the face of the team, he needs to be more than a hitter and fielder.

Last edited by BroncoMan4ever; 05-13-2013 at 07:23 PM..
Old 05-14-2013, 10:09 AM   #39
Bacchus

Quote:
My main issue goes to immaturity. The day he ended up on the DL for slamming his bat into the ground and wound up with wood shards in his hand when the bat broke, I lost respect for him. I get it, be frustrated in that moment but don't take dumb risks that could hinder yourself. I know it's a fluke occurence what happened but it still also reeked of a kid having a tantrum. He is getting paid to be the face and leader of the franchise, yet I have never heard of him taking control of the clubhouse. I have heard the names, Helton, Giambi, Cuddyer as the leaders in recent years.

With the 3rd base theory I have, the Rockies have a few guys in the minors including Arenado who are seen as extremely high potential at shortstop. At 3rd he limits the amount of times he needs to contort and wrench his hips, legs, groin and back fielding and making the throw to first, which results in less time on the DL

I am hoping that as guys like Helton move on he matures and becomes a leader. I just think a guy with his contract and status as the face of the team, he needs to be more than a hitter and fielder.
Many players slam their bats into the ground. A learning lesson but not an immaturity issue.

When a small market team like the Rockies have a chance to tie a guy up that is one of the best at his position you do it and then just take chances on injuries.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:33 AM   #40
Bacchus

Rockies' Tulowitzki, Gonzalez combine for five homers in win over Reds

A tally of the damage done Wednesday night:

Gonzalez hit three homers for the second time in his career: a solo shot in the first, his three-run, tape-measure shot in the fourth and a two-run homer in the eighth. He tied his career high with six RBIs.

Tulowitzki had five hits for the third time in his career: three singles and two homers a two-run screamer to left in the third and a solo liner to left in the eighth.

Not wanting to be left out, Todd Helton drove in Tulo with an opposite-field homer to left-center in the seventh. It was Helton's sixth homer and his third in the last six games.

Colorado banged out a season-high 20 hits, including a career-high four by rookie third baseman Nolan Arenado.

Read more: Rockies' Tulowitzki, Gonzalez combine for five homers in win over Reds - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/rockies/ci...#ixzz2VS0GiySQ

Any people still think Tulo is overrated?

Last edited by Bacchus; 06-06-2013 at 08:52 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 07:51 PM   #41
loborugger
lost in the ether

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

That was only the 2nd time this year the Reds lost a series at home.
Old 06-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #42
Bacchus

It's time for the Rockies to run off a nice little streak.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 AM   #43
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

meh baseball meh...
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 07:02 AM   #44
loborugger
lost in the ether

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Is it just me, or do a handful of their pitchers have Jekyll & Hyde moments? One game, one inning creates brilliance and the next is a disaster.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:56 AM   #45
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by loborugger View Post
Is it just me, or do a handful of their pitchers have Jekyll & Hyde moments? One game, one inning creates brilliance and the next is a disaster.
Pitching is such an exact science. As a pitcher if you miss your spot by a couple of inches and the hitter could hit it out of the park, find your spot and it is just a pop up. hang it over the middle of the plate and you'll have a very bad results.
Old 06-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #46
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

The Chiefs Suck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

It's weird that their pitching has been good and their hitting hasn't.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 03:17 PM   #47
loborugger
lost in the ether

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I think that is a pretty infrequent event. They are near the top in most offensive categories, both as a team & individually. The pitching has been hit or miss. I think last nights 10-9 win over San Diego is really exemplar of who they are this year. They were up 9-3 in that game, IIRC. But they held it together and won it in the bottom of the ninth. Speaking of the bottom of the 9th, that Arenado kid looks like he is gonna be something special.

Getting back to the original premise of the thread. I think the Rox are good enough to finish 5 to 10 games over .500 this year and challenge for the NL West championship.
Old 06-08-2013, 03:22 PM   #48
TheChamp24
Future HOF...CHAMP BAILEY

The Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

The Rockies hitting has been one of the best in the majors this year. Their pitching has been average at best.
TheChamp24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:58 AM   #49
Bacchus

Damn!! Tulo out 4 to 6 weeks!!!

http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/93...eks-broken-rib
Old 06-16-2013, 08:05 AM   #50
Punisher
Punisher Vs Judge Dredd

Who ya Got?

Adopt-a-Bronco:
i4jelway7

Rockies blow balls