The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #1
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Default Obamas Un nominee completes Obamas apology tour

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013...pick-comments/

The former White House adviser and longtime Obama friend nominated Wednesday as the next U.S. ambassador to the United Nations has a history of controversial comments that could haunt her in confirmation -- including likening U.S. foreign policies to those of the Nazis.

In a March 2003 New Republic magazine essay, Samantha Power wrote that American foreign policy needs a "historical reckoning" which would entail "opening the files" and "acknowledging the force of a mantra we have spent the last decade promoting in Guatemala, South Africa, and Yugoslavia."

She continued: “Instituting a doctrine of the mea culpa would enhance our credibility by showing that American decision-makers do not endorse the sins of their predecessors. When (German Chancellor Willy) Brandt went down on one knee in the Warsaw ghetto, his gesture was gratifying to World War II survivors, but it was also ennobling and cathartic for Germany. Would such an approach be futile for the United States?"

Obama now speficially chooses people he knows will have a tough confirmation in the Senate. He knows his policies haven't worked so he needs to make it look like its Republicans just being stubborn.

This lady once advocated for military intervention to help the Palestinians! Holy ****ing cow Obama is horrible.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2013, 06:50 PM   #2
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

We don't endorse the sins of our predecessors! We just use drones to kill whoever we want no matter if a little baby is in the house or children. Hell they can even be American and we don't need permission from any court.

Oh but we want to apologize for how heavy handed we used to be. How the liberal media lets this pretender get away with this crap is beyond me.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:52 PM   #3
BroncoBeavis

Looks like the apology tour needs to widen...

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-call-records/

Quote:
The National Security Agency obtained a court order to collect the call records of millions of Verizon customers, according to a secret document obtained by the Guardian.

The sweeping order, issued by the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court, requires Verizon to give the NSA metadata on all calls within the U.S. and between the U.S. and foreign countries on an “ongoing, daily basis” for three months.
What the ****?!?!
Old 06-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #4
W*GS
Ring of Famer

With the complaints coming from two of our resident right-wing trogs, I say Power is very probably a good choice.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:24 PM   #5
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
With the complaints coming from two of our resident right-wing trogs, I say Power is very probably a good choice.
Yeah. I point out your government appears to be seizing millions of phone records.

You give out your stock Gooooooooooooooobama!!!!!!!!

And then have the nuts to call others right-wing trogs.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:31 PM   #6
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Yeah. I point out your government appears to be seizing millions of phone records.

You give out your stock Gooooooooooooooobama!!!!!!!!

And then have the nuts to call others right-wing trogs.
It's your government too, you know.

The Obama overreach and continued use of the security state is abhorrent. There's no legitimate reason for data mining on the scale that the NSA wants and the Obama administration is more than happy to grant.
Old 06-05-2013, 09:33 PM   #7
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

The world just laughs at the hypocrisy this country shows(especially the media) with this admin. No wonder they don't take anything seriously whenever anyone from this admin. speaks their BS. What was bad before 2008 and is now ok. Very supreme deep thinkers.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:06 PM   #8
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
The world just laughs at the hypocrisy this country shows(especially the media) with this admin. No wonder they don't take anything seriously whenever anyone from this admin. speaks their BS. What was bad before 2008 and is now ok. Very supreme deep thinkers.
Since when does a conservative care what anyone other than genuine patriotic Americans think?
Old 06-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #9
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

This is just Obama now making appointments he knows will force them to object. Its all part of him setting his whole 8 yrs up to be the repubs fault for not letting him do what he wanted.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:29 PM   #10
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Seriously our new UN rep once advocated military intervention to stop Israeli and Palestinians from fighting.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Dems only care about war if a Republican is in office, otherwise anything goes.

It's pathetic really.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:15 PM   #12
BroncoBeavis

Well between all this ****, the NSA phone records stuff and the SOCAS DNA ruling this week, it's hard to come to any conclusion other than we're heading to hell in a handbasket.

And yes, I realize there were 3 'conservative' justices in on that.

Regardless, DC desperately needs a libertarian shower.
Old 06-06-2013, 03:21 AM   #13
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Looks like the apology tour needs to widen...

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...-call-records/

What the ****?!?!
NSA has been doing this since after 9/11/01 and you're now saying WTF?
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:55 AM   #14
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
NSA has been doing this since after 9/11/01 and you're now saying WTF?
Because now it's a guy he didn't vote for and publicly support on the forums who's in office.

Same for cut, barry, and anyone else. No one cares until they can make it seem like they were right all along (or in Beavis' case, that they have always wanted what's best for the country and this was just the last straw).

This very thread is nothing more than another b****ing and moaning circle jerk about something that no one is going to remember in 2 years (2 weeks).
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:43 AM   #15
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

You guys are crazy if a repub kept throwing up super controversial appointees i would think it foolish. The only reason you do it is to gum up the works and create drama, or to pay someone back for something you don't want them to write a book about or give an interview.

Both of these ladies have a lot of Obama baggage IMO.

All we are doing is pointing out what BS it was when you all preached how Obama would be different. The going after reporters, using the IRS as an attack dog, Benghazzi lies would be a huge problem for all of you if it happened under Bush. If Cheney had changed talking points you all would have a huge problem with it. If any repub ever said maybe we should send troops in to stop Israel and the Palestinians from fighting like Powers did I would not support them for the UN. Also her continuing of the Obama apology Mantra not something I am looking forward to in the joke of the UN.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:25 AM   #16
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Because now it's a guy he didn't vote for and publicly support on the forums who's in office.

Same for cut, barry, and anyone else. No one cares until they can make it seem like they were right all along (or in Beavis' case, that they have always wanted what's best for the country and this was just the last straw).

This very thread is nothing more than another b****ing and moaning circle jerk about something that no one is going to remember in 2 years (2 weeks).

Rah Rah Ree It's OK Cuz He's a D!
Rah Rah Roo So? Bush_Hitler did it too!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooobama!!!!
Old 06-06-2013, 09:07 AM   #17
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Rah Rah Ree It's OK Cuz He's a D!
Rah Rah Roo So? Bush_Hitler did it too!

Gooooooooooooooooooooooooobama!!!!
Except none of us (except maybe peace) are really defending him. We've all said we have been disappointed by Obama's performance as a business as usual politician.

The point you're missing is that you, the one who is claiming that we'll do anything to protect Obama because he's a Democrat, laughed when people talked about prosecuting the previous administration. Yet here you are, banging that Republican drum (even though you claim to be "independent").

Ah, whatever, this is like the sixth time your hypocrisy has been outed. You don't care, you just keep spouting it off.

The only defense you have is that you weren't here during the Bush years, so none of us can go back and quote all the stupid partisan **** you would have said when his regime was doing the same thing.
Old 06-06-2013, 09:13 AM   #18
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Except none of us (except maybe peace) are really defending him. We've all said we have been disappointed by Obama's performance as a business as usual politician.

The point you're missing is that you, the one who is claiming that we'll do anything to protect Obama because he's a Democrat, laughed when people talked about prosecuting the previous administration. Yet here you are, banging that Republican drum (even though you claim to be "independent").

Ah, whatever, this is like the sixth time your hypocrisy has been outed. You don't care, you just keep spouting it off.

The only defense you have is that you weren't here during the Bush years, so none of us can go back and quote all the stupid partisan **** you would have said when his regime was doing the same thing.
See that's the comedy. You talked about Prosecuting and impeaching the last President and now want to clean things up with a "Hey, I admit. This is mildly disappointing.".

There were plenty of Conservatives who were "mildly disappointed" with Bush as well. Now, the best you can say is that after all the war criminal impeachment hyperbole it turns out you guys aren't any better than those you used to accuse.

Anyway the sad part is both teams will continue to push each other down this same road until our undoing. The government doesn't need our phone records. Or our political preferences or our health information. Its time for a new wall of separation between the law abiding citizen and his government (overlords)

Last edited by BroncoBeavis; 06-06-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Old 06-06-2013, 09:38 AM   #19
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
See that's the comedy. You talked about Prosecuting and impeaching the last President and now want to clean things up with a "Hey, I admit. This is mildly disappointing.".

There were plenty of Conservatives who were "mildly disappointed" with Bush as well. Now, the best you can say is that after all the war criminal impeachment hyperbole it turns out you guys aren't any better than those you used to accuse.

Anyway the sad part is both teams will continue to push each other down this same road until our undoing. The government doesn't need our phone records. Or our political preferences or our health information. Its time for a new wall of separation between the law abiding citizen and his government (overlords)
Mildly disappointed. If you only knew. If there is an investigation which points to crimes committed by the President or anyone in his administration, by all means, prosecute.

The problem is, even liberals are calling for an investigation (do a post history search if you don't believe me). Now, not only was there no call for an investigation for the Bush administration, when we've brought it up...an investigation!...we've gotten laughed at, by you and several other "non-partisan conservatives".

Keep bemoaning the state of the government. You and all your Republican (ahem, excuse me, "conservative") friends are just as responsible for it as anyone else. Sure, some of us may have fallen for the "no more business as usual" line hook, line and sinker. The other choices supported economic policies which have proven to be failures and foreign policies which place us in a position to be involved in perpetual conventional war, both of which are abjectly "business as usual". Forgive us for voting for the guy where there was at least a shot at change.

And here's a news flash...the very term "business as usual" requires there to be a "usual"...and since I don't believe Clinton was the President who enacted the Patriot Act...bringing up Bush is relevant.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
And here's a news flash...the very term "business as usual" requires there to be a "usual"...and since I don't believe Clinton was the President who enacted the Patriot Act...bringing up Bush is relevant.
I never said Bush wasn't relevant at one time. But today he's clearing brush out on a ranch in Texas. And just because Carnivore Clinton wasn't there the day the Patriot Act passed (like his wife was) doesn't mean he wouldn't have done exactly the same thing. His administration's repeated efforts to interject the government into private internet transmission and even encryption itself tells us that his approval would've been more likely than not. But as for where we go from here, that's also irrelevant.

Enough is enough.
Old 06-06-2013, 10:35 AM   #21
barryr
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Seems to me democrats were needed in order to get the Patriot Act passed in the first place and have been in the majority for awhile now with a democrat in the WH, so we have seen the evil Partriot Act(as described before 2008) done away with? Hmm. Gitmo is closed? Hmm.
barryr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 10:50 AM   #22
Arkie
Ring of Famer

The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Quote:
You and all your Republican (ahem, excuse me, "conservative") friends are just as responsible for it as anyone else. Sure, some of us may have fallen for the "no more business as usual" line hook, line and sinker.
A lot of people don't know or don't remember how the tea party movement began. It was in response to big government during the Bush years because real fiscal conservatives began to feel like they had no party. The group was a lot smaller in 2007 and supported Ron Paul over McCain/Palin. It wasn't until they lost the election that Palin and her ilk hijacked the tea party. It's the hypocrisy of new members that made the tea party lose credibility.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:01 AM   #23
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

I don't recall ANYBODY who has ever defended Bush and the Patriot Act. Everything I have ever seen written is stern opposition to it from the public. It's one of the reasons his approval rating was so low when he left office.

Now they have admitted to illegally spying on all Americans. My guess is the majority doesn't give a crap, because they're too dumb.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 11:44 AM   #24
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by barryr View Post
Seems to me democrats were needed in order to get the Patriot Act passed in the first place and have been in the majority for awhile now with a democrat in the WH, so we have seen the evil Partriot Act(as described before 2008) done away with? Hmm. Gitmo is closed? Hmm.
Original Patriot Act passed I think 98-2 or something similar. The more recent extension of it (signed by President Obama) wasn't much better.
Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #25
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Wow blame Bush....That is a new one. DERP!