The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 03:43 PM   #101
SlyEli

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
Jimmy Graham in his first three seasons

130 catches for 1666 yards and 16 touchdowns

Antonio Gates in his first three seasons

194 catches for 2454 yards and 25 touchdowns

Tony Gonzalez in his first three seasons
168 catches 1838 yards and 15 touchdowns

Julius Thomas in his first three seasons

1 catch, 5 yards.

One of these basketball project TE's is not like the others.
Thomas has only played two years. And has been injured for both. Cut the kid some slack. Can't we all just root for a Broncos player to do well?
Old 06-05-2013, 03:44 PM   #102
DENVERDUI55

Practice in shorts vs real games is completely different. You would have to be gullible to think this article means Thomas is going to play like they describe him. It's kind of like how you can hit the golf ball great on driving range but can't play on the course.
Old 06-05-2013, 04:23 PM   #103
extralife
Ring of Famer

is errand seriously trying to make a "point" in regards to my hyperbole? like, he thinks it is news or of some merit that there are not, in fact, hundreds of articles about JT?

ok, man. I guess you got me.

lol
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:29 PM   #104
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Practice in shorts vs real games is completely different. You would have to be gullible to think this article means Thomas is going to play like they describe him. It's kind of like how you can hit the golf ball great on driving range but can't play on the course.
If I believed this I would defend Tebow.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 06-05-2013 at 05:45 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:14 PM   #105
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
This is silly because he's never been healthy. It might turn out to be true, but its not like his sample size (which was essentially...A GAME!) is high.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #106
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
I agree that not all who play basketball can make the transition to the NFL....I never said otherwise.

You however said basketball players aren't tough enough to play in the NFL.....I gave you just 5-6 of those who in fact did (for brevity's sake)...but we can also add in these guys who played college basketball but decided to pursue football for whatever reason (HoF like Tony Gonzalez will be)

Otto Graham
Jim Brown
Evan Moore
Terry Baker
Cris Carter
Dave Logan
Ronald Curry
Todd Bouman
Justin Gage
RGIII
Terrelle Pryor
Connor Barwin
Martellus Bennett
Murphy Holloway
Demetrius Harris
Jordan Cameron
Demar Dotson
Julius Thomas

There are many people who played other sports that became NFL players....Dave Winfield was drafted by NBA, MLB, and NFL teams.

Dude, I said "Most basketball players are not tough enough ot play football."

Ok, dip****. MOST. Reading comprehension is underrated.
Old 06-05-2013, 06:03 PM   #107
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

Back off dude. He had his list ready as if he had waited his whole life for that moment...and not you or the word "most" are going to stop him. So don't even try.

Todd Bouman...back off

...Todd Bouman!
Old 06-05-2013, 06:44 PM   #108
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Back off dude. He had his list ready as if he had waited his whole life for that moment...and not you or the word "most" are going to stop him. So don't even try.

Todd Bouman...back off

...Todd Bouman!
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 PM   #109
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post

Todd Bouman...back off

...Todd Bouman!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
+1 s

Reps all around!
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:56 PM   #110
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfoflcommish View Post
"Last week, he outraced the safeties and hauled in a 50-yard TD pass from Peyton Manning"

while every one else see this "hauled in a 50-yard TD pass from Peyton Manning"

I see this "he outraced the safeties"

ugh
Remember they were our safeties
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:58 PM   #111
txtebow
WARRIOR

Crash the plane HOGAN!!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Requiem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Finkle View Post
Insert Kevin Kasper.....yawn.
Kevin Kasper was my football playing twin (looked just like me although I was a baseball and track guy). I was entirely hoping he'd make it big with the Broncos for entirely selfish reasons (catching A$$)
txtebow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:01 PM   #112
Tim

orange julius is another catch and 17 yards short of passing the other great hype wesley duke.
Old 06-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #113
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright
Default A recurring theme

Can't remember the year, but early in the history of PCs Time Mag declared the Man of the Year to be - yep - the PC.

Now most of their reasoning was based on the PC EVENTUALLY changing the future, but there was enormous hubub and expectations for the PC went sky high. Surprise surprise, the PC did not meet many - maybe even most - of the expectations early on. Pretty soon the common knowledge became that they were overblown, and would only play a role in some specific work areas.

Quietly the PC got better and better. Then one day everyone had one and they were better than the original projections.

Yes there was a fair amount of ink on JT in OTAs year 1. And most at least tried to temper it with the reality that he was a project - just a very exciting one.

Since that time the fans have gone through the disappointment of him not meeting those expectations already (ignoring the developmental and injury issues). And like the PC, they now declare him an over-hyped flash in the pan.

Fast forward a couple years, and again he looks good, but the fans have been fooled once, and don't want to be fooled again.

Look, we won't know if JT is the real thing until training camp. But there are not really any indications that he isn't. We knew he would need development and the injuries have only exacerbated the delay.

I worry that he may be injury prone. Except for that I am very optimistic.
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:46 PM   #114
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlyEli View Post
Thomas has only played two years. And has been injured for both. Cut the kid some slack. Can't we all just root for a Broncos player to do well?
Apparently it is very un cool to do that.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:02 AM   #115
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoFanDoug View Post
Can't remember the year, but early in the history of PCs Time Mag declared the Man of the Year to be - yep - the PC.

Now most of their reasoning was based on the PC EVENTUALLY changing the future, but there was enormous hubub and expectations for the PC went sky high. Surprise surprise, the PC did not meet many - maybe even most - of the expectations early on. Pretty soon the common knowledge became that they were overblown, and would only play a role in some specific work areas.

Quietly the PC got better and better. Then one day everyone had one and they were better than the original projections.

Yes there was a fair amount of ink on JT in OTAs year 1. And most at least tried to temper it with the reality that he was a project - just a very exciting one.

Since that time the fans have gone through the disappointment of him not meeting those expectations already (ignoring the developmental and injury issues). And like the PC, they now declare him an over-hyped flash in the pan.

Fast forward a couple years, and again he looks good, but the fans have been fooled once, and don't want to be fooled again.

Look, we won't know if JT is the real thing until training camp. But there are not really any indications that he isn't. We knew he would need development and the injuries have only exacerbated the delay.

I worry that he may be injury prone. Except for that I am very optimistic.
If Julius Thomas doesn't change the Broncos the way the PC changed the history of the world, I'm holding you personally responsible.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:10 AM   #116
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
If Julius Thomas doesn't change the Broncos the way the PC changed the history of the world, I'm holding you personally responsible.
What if he does but it's overshadowed by Virgil "Smartphone" Green?
Old 06-06-2013, 07:17 AM   #117
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
So why even point out "it's not his fault?"

No quite the opposite. We've read stuff like this before. Some player is a camp standout and then does nothing when the real bullets are flying. That's why everyone is ripping on this stuff. It means nothing. For whatever reason, a lot of things have been written about Thomas in the preseason and collectively everyone rolled their eyes. Then you latched onto someone's obviously hyperbolic comment as some kind of challenge to your personal freedoms. "100 articles EXACTLY!?!?! SHOW ME ALL 100 or shame on your family for a 1000 years!"

The point that everyone got, but was clearly over your head was that there are many articles written about players who do well in the preseason - and most don't amount to much if anything once the regular season roles around. And several have been written about Thomas already and he has to this date not done much. So the skepticism is deserved.

For your assistance in understanding the subtle nuances of sarcasm and English- not just in this thread, but in life in general - the words "several" and "many" can, through hyperbole, be synonymous with the following:
hundreds
thousands
millions
billions
loads and loads
endless
tons
a boat load
unending

Again, these are figurative expressions that only truly mean more than a few. I would say four plus qualifies. Certainly seven does.

Hope that clarifies.
This post is literally the dumbest thing I have ever read. A metric f--k ton of fail so spectacular that it traveled back in time and invented New Coke.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 07:31 AM   #118
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
What if he does but it's overshadowed by Virgil "Smartphone" Green?
It's still all that guy's fault.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:41 AM   #119
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
It's still all that guy's fault.
And the medias. There's now 506,264 articles (thats an exact figure and certainly not an exaggeration or even an estimation) extolling Orange Julius' greatness.
Old 06-06-2013, 07:44 AM   #120
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
This post is literally the dumbest thing I have ever read. A metric f--k ton of fail so spectacular that it traveled back in time and invented New Coke.

I tried to read through it three times and could not get to the end all three times.

Shocking to see it came from Kaylore.
Old 06-06-2013, 08:45 AM   #121
BroncoFanDoug
Loooong Time Bronco Fan!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Louis Wright

Quote:
As long as I get as rich as Bill Gates if I am right
BroncoFanDoug is offline   Reply With Quote