The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 05:11 PM   #26
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obushma View Post
You dumbass, I just pulled it up a little over two months ago and you were on here saying "How you had a realization" and how people can change their minds when new facts are presented, you don't remember any of that wind tunnel ass?
If you're such a government-hating asswipe, go find an uninhabited island and show us what a tough guy you are by moving there.

You can play Gilligan *and* Ginger to your liking.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #27
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So it's irrelevant to the discussion. Why did you mention it, then?
It was directed at the post above mine as well as your OP. We were talking about the motivation behind rape. Power is a reason. Sexual desire is another reason. The latter is proven in other species, but can exist in ours too. In other words, rampant hormones are one of the causes.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:27 PM   #28
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
It was directed at the post above mine as well as your OP. We were talking about the motivation behind rape. Power is a reason. Sexual desire is another reason. The latter is proven in other species, but can exist in ours too. In other words, rampant hormones are one of the causes.
So, you agree with Chambliss that the "rampant hormones" of young men make them rape?

Has that ever been a valid defense against a charge of rape in a court of law?

Do you think it should be if it hasn't been?
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:36 PM   #29
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
So, you agree with Chambliss that the "rampant hormones" of young men make them rape?

Has that ever been a valid defense against a charge of rape in a court of law?

Do you think it should be if it hasn't been?
Yes, no, and no.

You brought up "rampant" but I think it's valid. Most rapes are probably about exerting power, but some are due to rampant hormones. The % of these would go up in the military & prison.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:40 PM   #30
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Yes, no, and no.

You brought up "rampant" but I think it's valid. Most rapes are probably about exerting power, but some are due to rampant hormones. The % of these would go up in the military & prison.
Accepting your premise for a moment... Why? Being in the military and/or prison makes men hornier?

Go on...
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:49 PM   #31
Arkie
Ring of Famer
 
Arkie's Avatar
 
The f--- y'all motherf-ckas want?

Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 10,632
Default

Rape is abnormal. Most of us here discussing it are normal people speculating on the motivation. I've never been in the military or prison, but I'm guessing it makes you hornier if you have a strong sexual drive.
Arkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:45 PM   #32
W*GS
Ring of Famer
 
W*GS's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Earth
Posts: 21,060
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkie View Post
Rape is abnormal. Most of us here discussing it are normal people speculating on the motivation. I've never been in the military or prison, but I'm guessing it makes you hornier if you have a strong sexual drive.
Your argument is disintegrating. I recommend stopping.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 PM.


Denver Broncos