The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 07:11 AM   #26
Kaylore
Shall we begin?
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
You should have let me sleep!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

This season will be where the rubber meets the road.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 07:52 AM   #27
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Wilson View Post
I laugh at people blaming him for the Ravens loss. Champ Bailey is the reason we lost that game. He sucked.
How is this possible when after champs mistakes they still had the lead? Other factors involved

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-05-2013 at 07:54 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 08:56 AM   #28
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 8,523
Default

Keep in mind this dude just turned 23. If he can improve this year like he did last year, and gain some confidence? Watch out.
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 09:58 AM   #29
Dedhed
Ring of Famer
 
Dedhed's Avatar
 
Fare thee well

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Earth
Posts: 10,217

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
How is this possible when after champs mistakes they still had the lead? Other factors involved
Man, you're a simpleton. Without Champ's gaffs, Moore's play not only likely doesn't happen (because the game is iced at that point), but even if it does, it wouldn't have changed the outcome; just the cosmetics.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:16 AM   #30
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 10,034

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

IMO Moore needs to have a lights out year in 2013 in the fans eye. Obviously the team will take a solid season. But for fans, I agree, he's got to really showcase some special stuff this year to be forgiven.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:19 AM   #31
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,331
Default

The entire team **** the bed in Ravens loss.......

Moore should be motivated to prove his marked improvement last season wasn't a fluke.....
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:24 AM   #32
errand
Ring of Famer
 
errand's Avatar
 
Forgot more than you'll ever know

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Western NC mountains
Posts: 17,331
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
IMO Moore needs to have a lights out year in 2013 in the fans eye. Obviously the team will take a solid season. But for fans, I agree, he's got to really showcase some special stuff this year to be forgiven.
If the Broncos win it all this upcoming season, nobody but a few douches who generally cannot be pleased regardless, will care about the Ravens loss as the rest of us revel in the joy of being the fans of a SB winning team.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:55 AM   #33
BroncoBuff
***************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 25,834

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
How is this possible when after champs mistakes they still had the lead?
Good point, but finding fault for this loss is easy, plenty of factors to blame.

For example, we were heavily outscored from scrimmage ... remember Trindon Holliday had TWO returns for touchdowns. Normally that would be mere icing on a home victory with Manning at quarterback ... but on this day we needed both just to limp into OT.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:18 AM   #34
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Man, you're a simpleton. Without Champ's gaffs, Moore's play not only likely doesn't happen (because the game is iced at that point), but even if it does, it wouldn't have changed the outcome; just the cosmetics.
Simpleton? Seems to me youre just assuming. FACT was the lead was still held by the broncos AFTER champs plays. And the lead was lost on Moores play. Nothing you can sugar coat is going to change that. You can cling to your argument that champs plays put Moore in that position, but it doesn't change the importance of that play relative to holding a lead.

Some people get this confused into thinking I'm saying Moore is the reason we lost the game. Wrong. Moore is the reason we lost the lead. Anything during the game was real. Assuming they score more during the game etc is just that assuming. The game played out so they still held the lead with little time left. Moores play lost the lead.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-05-2013 at 11:30 AM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:24 AM   #35
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Good point, but finding fault for this loss is easy, plenty of factors to blame.

For example, we were heavily outscored from scrimmage ... remember Trindon Holliday had TWO returns for touchdowns. Normally that would be mere icing on a home victory with Manning at quarterback ... but on this day we needed both just to limp into OT.
I hold the coaching staff responsible to a degree too. Manning stepped up with a 10 play 88 yard drive in the 4th. Mike Adams had a game winning 4th down flacco pass defended. The coaching staff then played not to lose. Instead of hammering the coffin. They played regular season percentages. Having the lead with a minute and change to go and they clammed up calling pretty much the same plays. Hillman got the 1st on 2 good runs. They assumed that would happen again if they just kept calling it. That combined with fox's "shock" excuse not trying with half a minute and timeouts to get into field goal position.

Lots of factors go into the broncos losing the GAME.

But make no mistake. Moore was responsible for losing the LEAD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:36 AM   #36
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm
 
TheReverend's Avatar
 
Not. Too. Shabby.

Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 36,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
But make no mistake. Moore was responsible for losing the LEAD.


(^ just to illustrate assigning individual blame is silly)
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:52 AM   #37
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post


(^ just to illustrate assigning individual blame is silly)
Again. That happens after and was one of the reasons for losing the GAME. That play didnt have anything to do with losing the LEAD earlier.

Why can't people understand the difference between losing the game and losing the lead? It's totally 2 different things.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:29 PM   #38
Bmore Manning
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post


(^ just to illustrate assigning individual blame is silly)
Everybody, even Ravens fans know that was pass interference.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 12:37 PM   #39
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Man, you're a simpleton. Without Champ's gaffs, Moore's play not only likely doesn't happen (because the game is iced at that point), but even if it does, it wouldn't have changed the outcome; just the cosmetics.
Ok you can say the same thing about Prater missing the FG or even Manning's FIRST interception.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:18 PM   #40
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 9,366
Default

he's likely to come back and have a monster year.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:52 PM   #41
BroncosfanGuy
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
Man, you're a simpleton. Without Champ's gaffs, Moore's play not only likely doesn't happen (because the game is iced at that point), but even if it does, it wouldn't have changed the outcome; just the cosmetics.
can't tell whether you are serious or laying down some hippie sarcasm?
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 04:58 PM   #42
LRtagger
Ring of Famer
 
LRtagger's Avatar
 
You know noothin

Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,741

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Again. That happens after and was one of the reasons for losing the GAME. That play didnt have anything to do with losing the LEAD earlier.

Why can't people understand the difference between losing the game and losing the lead? It's totally 2 different things.
Actually, we were up 7-0 and then after Champ got burned the first time it was 7-7. So Champ was equally responsible for losing the lead as Moore was.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #43
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Actually, we were up 7-0 and then after Champ got burned the first time it was 7-7. So Champ was equally responsible for losing the lead as Moore was.
That was an extremely limp swing and miss at the ball. I figured this crowd is smart enough to know the difference between a 1st quarter lead and a late 4th quarter lead.

Are you actually saying a 1st quarter lead is the same thing as a late 4th quarter lead?

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-05-2013 at 06:09 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:18 PM   #44
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck
 
SonOfLe-loLang's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 19,327

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Actually, we were up 7-0 and then after Champ got burned the first time it was 7-7. So Champ was equally responsible for losing the lead as Moore was.
Oh good, im glad we're discussing who's to blame for that loss again. that was so fun the first time.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:44 PM   #45
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
There are a dozen reasons we "Lost" that game. However, Rahiim Moore was in a unique position to WIN the game on ONE play. He didn't LOSE it, but he also didn't WIN it.
Yeah, well, Champ is numero uno.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:47 PM   #46
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
That was an extremely limp swing and miss at the ball. I figured this crowd is smart enough to know the difference between a 1st quarter lead and a late 4th quarter lead.
One would have thought that someone is smart enough to figure out that each of Champs 7 pts he gave up earlier in the game counts just as much as the 7 pts that Moore gave up at the end.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:59 PM   #47
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
One would have thought that someone is smart enough to figure out that each of Champs 7 pts he gave up earlier in the game counts just as much as the 7 pts that Moore gave up at the end.
Not when saying the lead was lost in the 4th. Nothing can sugarcoat the fact the teams lead was lost in the ****ing 4th. A blind man could see that. The team did what it had to do to overcome anything that happened before Moores play, including champs plays. The team adapted and overcame to take the lead in the 4th. The team could not overcome and win after that play. Which means it was more than just Moores play that lost the game. But to say the lead was not lost on moores play indicates stupidity to the level that people can't understand the concept of point totals for the teams.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-05-2013 at 06:10 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:10 PM   #48
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Not when saying the lead was lost in the 4th. Nothing can sugarcoat the fact the teams lead was lost in the ****ing 4th. A blind man could see that. The team did what it had to do to overcome anything that happened before Moores play, including champs plays. The team adapted and overcame to take the lead in the 4th. The team could not overcome and win after that play. Which means it was more than just Moores play that lost the game. But to say the lead was not lost on moores play indicates stupidity to the level that you can't understand the concept of point totals for the teams.
7=7. It doesnt matter if it's the first or the 4th qtr. Champ gave up 14 pts on long TDs. Denver had to have two kick off returns for TDs just to offset how bad Champ was.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #49
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
7=7. It doesnt matter if it's the first or the 4th qtr. Champ gave up 14 pts on long TDs. Denver had to have two kick off returns for TDs just to offset how bad Champ was.
You even give an example of how the team overcame. My arguement is not that Moore lost the game by himself. Plenty of reasons why that game was lost. My entire point is the fact the Moores play lost the lead late in the 4th. Losing a lead in the 1st quarter is not nearly as impactful as losing the lead in the 4th quarter.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 06:16 PM   #50
OrangeSe7en
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
You even give an example of how the team overcame. My arguement is not that Moore lost the game by himself. Plenty of reasons why that game was lost. My entire point is the fact the Moores play lost the lead late in the 4th. Losing a lead in the 1st quarter is not nearly as impactful as losing the lead in the 4th quarter.
The way you contort yourself in order to be a Champ apologist is sad.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 PM.


Denver Broncos