The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-05-2013, 12:27 PM   #28
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't see the Chiefs having a top 10 draft pick. I think we'll be somewhere in the 14-18 range honestly.

The biggest problem on the field for us last year was execution and that comes from the coaching staff and QB executing it.
Reid was by far the best coach to get to come in here and get this offense to run properly. I can't think of any other coach we could have nabbed that could do as good of a job as him.

Alex Smith is not an elite QB, but he has been very efficient. He doesn't turn the ball over, which killed us last year.

Then the schedule comes into favor. Imagine if the Broncos played 5 of their 7 hardest opponents at home and fore one of the 2 road games, they got a bye week before playing the hardest team on their schedule on the road?

This is just my opinion, but I think this is what the division will look like this year.

Broncos 12-4
Chiefs 8-8
Chargers 6-10
Raiders 3-13
I think 8-8 is a fair guestimate on how kc will do. It basically says we don't have a clue if the team will be good or bad so why not just say they will hover around a 50% win/loss record?

The thing I just don't understand is why Reid is so enamored with Alex Smith. Smith doesn't fit Reid's offensive system so I'm guessing Reid is going to change his offense to fit Alex Smith's strengths? You better hope this is the case because otherwise, it's not a good match. If Alex Smith does not do well in this Reid offense, it will be interesting to see what Reid is going to do in the foreseeable future. Will he stick with Smith or draft a first round QB? Perhaps Bray will be the next starting kc QB.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote