The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-05-2013, 10:10 AM   #101
illbroncsfn
Ring of Famer

adopt a bronco- Barrel Man's Barrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
There is no reason to get rid of Chris. He has been a team player and a leader for the team. Outside a few guys, he is one of the elder statesmen of the Broncos organization. He put in the time and work on his rookie contract and got rewarded because of good play. I think it is awesome that we have a "problem" with Kuper, Vasquez and Beadles being good to great interior lineman. I have no idea if any of them can play center. I am hoping so. I know that Beadles has experience at tackle so it makes sense in keeping him around in case things with Clady's contract extension do not pan out.

If that is a possibility: a line of Clady, Kuper, Beadles, Vasquez and Franklin makes it one of the top in the NFL.

J.D. Walton and Manny Ramirez get back-up spots at C and G respectively, and it sounds like Manny has been taking some reps at C. I think Clark is a valuable back-up player at tackle. That makes the eight that will go on the roster. We could carry nine in case we want to keep Painter on the team. He could be safe on the practice squad, but I bet he would get snatched up. I don't think we need to be risking getting rid of a rookie the year he was drafted.
Spot on analysis
illbroncsfn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:13 AM   #102
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Kuper most likely a bkup on Denver which means this is probably his last yr with the team. He makes too much money to be a bkup and isn;t going to beat out Vasquez or Beadles. Beadles young, healthy, and coming off his best yr and Vasquez a new FA who just got paid.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:42 AM   #103
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Kuper most likely a bkup on Denver which means this is probably his last yr with the team. He makes too much money to be a bkup and isn;t going to beat out Vasquez or Beadles. Beadles young, healthy, and coming off his best yr and Vasquez a new FA who just got paid.
Might want to wait even one day into camp before we make statements like this.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #104
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Money is not an issue at this time. I am not sure if our top three have been signed, but those slots are allocated with a certain amount of money anyways. The last time I checked SPOTRAC, we had ~ 10 to 11 million in cash. I am guessing someone like Joe Mays who now offers nothing to the team and has been absent from every discussion by Elway and Co. on the MIKE position to get the axe after he is cleared medically to participate in off-season activities. No need to get rid of Kuper. If Clady doesn't get an offer he likes here, he will likely leave. Kuper and Vasquez can remain our guards and Beadles can be given an opportunity at tackle.

Worst case scenario, we picked an awesome draft (perhaps better than last years) to pick a LT in if Clady doesn't re-up with us. I am guessing he will. Bronco for life, college to pros.

The problem we have here is wonderful. Considering we have had our fair share of injuries on the OL over the past few seasons and hardly any guys healthy after the season -- we need all the bodies we can get. . . and lucky for us, we got a lot of good ones!

Last edited by Requiem; 06-05-2013 at 10:47 AM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:43 AM   #105
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Kuper would beat out Beadles, based on ability.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #106
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Kuper would beat out Beadles, based on ability.
Totally, but Beadles is better as a pulling guard, and they didn't bring in a boulder like Vasquez to pull.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:54 AM   #107
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Totally, but Beadles is better as a pulling guard, and they didn't bring in a boulder like Vasquez to pull.
Yeah, his movement skills are better. He's also young, entering a contract year, and was a "pro bowler," thanks to Fox.

So there are variables working in his favor, but skill alone, Kuper is the superior player.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:56 AM   #108
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
Yeah, his movement skills are better. He's also young, entering a contract year, and was a "pro bowler," thanks to Fox.

So there are variables working in his favor, but skill alone, Kuper is the superior player.
I dont disagree with any of that.
Old 06-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #109
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I dont disagree with any of that.
You two are so cute with all that agreeing and hand holding. I'm jealous.

I really don't see anything happening with Kuper until Training Camp starts. The dude is a trusted vet, but his injury problems are a concern. That leg twist against KC at the end of 2011 was absolutely awful. So many freak injuries.

Our O-line with Gibbs teaching and a healthy Kuper on it will be awesome.

Probably posted in the Gibbs thread, but the videos at this link are awesome:
http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/...75/#more-19975
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 11:49 AM   #110
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by kupesdad View Post
I have just been taking in the hatefest... some of the people on this board are just whack. Chris is doing fine, wants to get back working out but has been unable due to a medical procedure he has been undergoing to address what his doctor discovered after he had his last surgery. His leg is farther ahead than it was last year at this time.
That is the Omane half the time. Thanks for taking your time to come back here and give us some updates. It cannot be easy being the parent of an NFL player in this day of easy access information and opinion spewing. People will be critical everywhere and most people only know how to convey their opinions with attitude.

Glad to hear that the Docs have an idea of the injury situation and hopefully how to help take care of that moving forward. Its rough enough for someone like me to see Kuper get hurt, can't imagine you watching it. Best of luck to you and Kuper moving forward and being healthy.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote