The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 02:04 PM   #51
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Doesnt Daenerys play for the Raiders? Ive been calling one of their receivers Daenerys Targaryan for a bit now.
Denarius Moore
Old 06-04-2013, 02:10 PM   #52
Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
You're totally right. The guy with Peyton Manning and healthy hands was at a huge disadvantage. My bad.
Never said anyone was at a disadvantage...but Dez was in a better situation to produce this past year than Demaryius. Again, many WR's play with broken fingers... I mean you are aware Calvin played with broken fingers this past year too right? You know, the one where he set the NFL record?

But sure, let's disregard every other aspect of football and key everything down to playing with injuries which all football players do...

Quote:
"I had a couple injuries to them, yeah," Johnson said. "Nothing that's going to prohibit me from doing what I've got to do."
Demaryius also had 2 more 100 yard games than Dez. Even though Romo threw for more yards...
Old 06-04-2013, 02:15 PM   #53
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
plus an 80 yard game winning TD in the playoffs.
Bryant is more clutch though.
Doggcow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:24 PM   #54
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
Dez is better, but he could also end up in jail tomorrow without surprising anyone. if you're going to give a guy ten million a year--which both of these players will get--I'll sacrifice some of the talent for the one with a little less crazy and/or stupid in him (I didn't forget the Parish Cox incident, Bey Bey)
That is the best point so far.

Which one of these guys are you giving the $90 million contract to?
Old 06-04-2013, 03:35 PM   #55
lolcopter

Neither
Old 06-04-2013, 03:38 PM   #56
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
IMO there's nothing to really consider:

Any team in the league would be happy to have either's production and splitting hairs about which is silly.
Agreed.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:14 PM   #57
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

If you could guaruntee that neither player would get into any trouble off the field I'd pick Dez. But since we live in the real world I goota go with DT.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:14 AM   #58
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
I can see how a majority of GMs might think Dez is a little better WR at this point but I would bet 31 of the 32 teams would take Thomas over him. Dallas being the lone exception and I am not sure about that.

Jerry Jones actually had to put Dez on a curfew and have someone actually babysit him. Dez might have matured over the last year but this was a real issue just two years ago.

Thomas got caught up with Cox in the rape scandal, but Thomas was never accused of raping her, at most he covered for him, but since then he has been a model citizen and a great teammate.
Wasn't he the one the fingerd her?selective memories gotta love it
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #59
DENVERDUI55

I think Dez has more talent but as mentioned could blow up a post office tomorrow. Thomas has shown big play knack at appropriate times and I'm glad Denver has him. They both are very good and rising on the top WR lists in the league.
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #60
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Dez maybe faster but DT more physical. Dez has more off field issues so I think DT the clear winner. Still both great WR either one can get the job done.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #61
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

I dont see how anyone could really pick Dez over DT.. or atleast say its clear cut.

1) DT is still learning the art of route running.

2) He is finally getting NFL ready, what i mean is he is bulking up but in the right way, he is getting to finally practice and do things in the offseason that he previously never was able to due to rehabbing from injuries.

3) He has talent around him that will not allow Defences to really just single him out as the guy to stop, while being the #1 will not be able to be focused on like Dez will be.

4) He is naturally bigger and Faster... you combine those with getting better in all other WR areas like routes and stuff he will continue to blossom.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #62
consistent1
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I am not a fan of either team, but I think they are pretty much equal right now. This year will go a long way toward seeing who is better. Thing is that Miles Austin will almost surely get hurt at some point IMO.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #63
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by consistent1 View Post
I am not a fan of either team, but I think they are pretty much equal right now. This year will go a long way toward seeing who is better. Thing is that Miles Austin will almost surely get hurt at some point IMO.
DT played college ball in an option offense and didn't run very many different routes. Then he was injured. Then he had to endure Tebow and that further hurt his development. Then he gets Manning and explodes. Bryant more held back by his own problems with his actions, personality etc. I mean cmon the dude punched his mom right? Lots of baggage.

DT is the better one to have on your team.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #64
Crushaholic
Armchair Poster

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Isaiah Burse

Dez had more public expectations. When we passed on Dez, some people were crying in their beer. When we drafted Demaryius, many people were asking "who?" I think Thomas has been the more pleasant surprise. I would take him again, in a heartbeat. He didn't have the media crawling all over him, telling him how good his college days were...
Crushaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #65
consistent1
Rookie

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
DT played college ball in an option offense and didn't run very many different routes. Then he was injured. Then he had to endure Tebow and that further hurt his development. Then he gets Manning and explodes. Bryant more held back by his own problems with his actions, personality etc. I mean cmon the dude punched his mom right? Lots of baggage.

DT is the better one to have on your team.
I can understand that. However, Bryant's mom is probably more of a problem than he is in reality. Dez was just becoming a beast at the end of last year. They both look great when they were on. My point about Austin is valid though. If he goes down it will be 90% Dez and Witten at that point.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #66
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Bryant is more clutch though.
I'm guessing your joking. I can only remember Dez game winner he dropped against Baltimore last year. I think he may of dropped it twice then cost Dallas clock by being stupid and arguing with the officials. Then he had a TD overturned against someone late in the year because he was lazy getting his feet down. Maybe he has been clutch bit everytime I watch Dallas he is as clutch as his QB.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #67
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Obviously, as a Broncos fan, I'm going to lean towards Thomas over Bryant. But the two are pretty well matched and you would be well served by either in your number one spot. I do have one concern with Thomas and that is his health. Thus far, he has only had one season where he has been able to stay healthy the entire year. And I was holding my breath every time I saw him hobble to the sideline or clutch at his leg last season. Until he can stay on the field for a couple of consecutive seasons, that is going to remain a concern for me.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #68
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach

The Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Obviously, as a Broncos fan, I'm going to lean towards Thomas over Bryant. But the two are pretty well matched and you would be well served by either in your number one spot. I do have one concern with Thomas and that is his health. Thus far, he has only had one season where he has been able to stay healthy the entire year. And I was holding my breath every time I saw him hobble to the sideline or clutch at his leg last season. Until he can stay on the field for a couple of consecutive seasons, that is going to remain a concern for me.
Very True... I remember a couple games where I was holding my breath due to his past history and seeing him hobble a bit after some catches.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #69
Kaylore
Shall we begin?

You should have let me sleep!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Demaryius is better and anyone who doesn't think so is a terrorist.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #70
boppool
Ring of Famer

Superbowl or bust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Demaryius is better and anyone who doesn't think so is a terrorist.
QFT.

There's not doubt that this guy has tremendous talent, but god, what a head case this guy is. He's Keyshawn Johnson with off-field issues. He was blowing up on his teammates, acting like a child on the sideline.

So glad we passed on him.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #71
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
QFT.

There's not doubt that this guy has tremendous talent, but god, what a head case this guy is. He's Keyshawn Johnson with off-field issues. He was blowing up on his teammates, acting like a child on the sideline.

So glad we passed on him.
That being said Dez was Dallas' only real threat yesterday and he caught two TD passes.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #72
Bronco Yoda

Dez is becoming more of a pain in the ass Diva by the game. I thought his assistant coach was going to choke him out on sidelines yesterday. Would have paid good money to see too.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #73
Guess Who
Rookie

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PMFM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Dez is becoming more of a pain in the ass Diva by the game. I thought his assistant coach was going to choke him out on sidelines yesterday. Would have paid good money to see too.
Actually he has been much better this year. This was the only instance of him being a spoiled brat this year, I believe.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #74
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue

OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Calvin Johnson > anyone.

Dez got punked this weekend. And his actions on the sideline were the result of that punking
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #75
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Dez Bryant puts up the numbers. He is crazy tho.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote