The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #51
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

I think Dez has more talent but as mentioned could blow up a post office tomorrow. Thomas has shown big play knack at appropriate times and I'm glad Denver has him. They both are very good and rising on the top WR lists in the league.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:23 AM   #52
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Dez maybe faster but DT more physical. Dez has more off field issues so I think DT the clear winner. Still both great WR either one can get the job done.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 11:24 AM   #53
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach
 
Denver Bronco56's Avatar
 
The Greatest

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 226
Default

I dont see how anyone could really pick Dez over DT.. or atleast say its clear cut.

1) DT is still learning the art of route running.

2) He is finally getting NFL ready, what i mean is he is bulking up but in the right way, he is getting to finally practice and do things in the offseason that he previously never was able to due to rehabbing from injuries.

3) He has talent around him that will not allow Defences to really just single him out as the guy to stop, while being the #1 will not be able to be focused on like Dez will be.

4) He is naturally bigger and Faster... you combine those with getting better in all other WR areas like routes and stuff he will continue to blossom.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 12:08 PM   #54
consistent1
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 72

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I am not a fan of either team, but I think they are pretty much equal right now. This year will go a long way toward seeing who is better. Thing is that Miles Austin will almost surely get hurt at some point IMO.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:23 PM   #55
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by consistent1 View Post
I am not a fan of either team, but I think they are pretty much equal right now. This year will go a long way toward seeing who is better. Thing is that Miles Austin will almost surely get hurt at some point IMO.
DT played college ball in an option offense and didn't run very many different routes. Then he was injured. Then he had to endure Tebow and that further hurt his development. Then he gets Manning and explodes. Bryant more held back by his own problems with his actions, personality etc. I mean cmon the dude punched his mom right? Lots of baggage.

DT is the better one to have on your team.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:36 PM   #56
Pick Six
Armchair Poster
 
Pick Six's Avatar
 

Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Topeka, KS
Posts: 22,918
Default

Dez had more public expectations. When we passed on Dez, some people were crying in their beer. When we drafted Demaryius, many people were asking "who?" I think Thomas has been the more pleasant surprise. I would take him again, in a heartbeat. He didn't have the media crawling all over him, telling him how good his college days were...
Pick Six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:39 PM   #57
consistent1
Rookie
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 72

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
DT played college ball in an option offense and didn't run very many different routes. Then he was injured. Then he had to endure Tebow and that further hurt his development. Then he gets Manning and explodes. Bryant more held back by his own problems with his actions, personality etc. I mean cmon the dude punched his mom right? Lots of baggage.

DT is the better one to have on your team.
I can understand that. However, Bryant's mom is probably more of a problem than he is in reality. Dez was just becoming a beast at the end of last year. They both look great when they were on. My point about Austin is valid though. If he goes down it will be 90% Dez and Witten at that point.
consistent1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #58
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doggcow View Post
Bryant is more clutch though.
I'm guessing your joking. I can only remember Dez game winner he dropped against Baltimore last year. I think he may of dropped it twice then cost Dallas clock by being stupid and arguing with the officials. Then he had a TD overturned against someone late in the year because he was lazy getting his feet down. Maybe he has been clutch bit everytime I watch Dallas he is as clutch as his QB.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 05:25 AM   #59
v2micca
Tupac at Coachella
 
v2micca's Avatar
 
Richard III was a field guide.

Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 1,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lorenzo Doss
Default

Obviously, as a Broncos fan, I'm going to lean towards Thomas over Bryant. But the two are pretty well matched and you would be well served by either in your number one spot. I do have one concern with Thomas and that is his health. Thus far, he has only had one season where he has been able to stay healthy the entire year. And I was holding my breath every time I saw him hobble to the sideline or clutch at his leg last season. Until he can stay on the field for a couple of consecutive seasons, that is going to remain a concern for me.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:27 AM   #60
Denver Bronco56
Head Coach
 
Denver Bronco56's Avatar
 
The Greatest

Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: South Carolina
Posts: 226
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by v2micca View Post
Obviously, as a Broncos fan, I'm going to lean towards Thomas over Bryant. But the two are pretty well matched and you would be well served by either in your number one spot. I do have one concern with Thomas and that is his health. Thus far, he has only had one season where he has been able to stay healthy the entire year. And I was holding my breath every time I saw him hobble to the sideline or clutch at his leg last season. Until he can stay on the field for a couple of consecutive seasons, that is going to remain a concern for me.
Very True... I remember a couple games where I was holding my breath due to his past history and seeing him hobble a bit after some catches.
Denver Bronco56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:24 AM   #61
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 50,757

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Demaryius is better and anyone who doesn't think so is a terrorist.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:13 AM   #62
boppool
Ring of Famer
 
boppool's Avatar
 
Superbowl or bust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Demaryius is better and anyone who doesn't think so is a terrorist.
QFT.

There's not doubt that this guy has tremendous talent, but god, what a head case this guy is. He's Keyshawn Johnson with off-field issues. He was blowing up on his teammates, acting like a child on the sideline.

So glad we passed on him.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:21 AM   #63
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by boppool View Post
QFT.

There's not doubt that this guy has tremendous talent, but god, what a head case this guy is. He's Keyshawn Johnson with off-field issues. He was blowing up on his teammates, acting like a child on the sideline.

So glad we passed on him.
That being said Dez was Dallas' only real threat yesterday and he caught two TD passes.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:25 AM   #64
Bronco Yoda
.
 
Bronco Yoda's Avatar
 
Relax... I got this!

Join Date: Aug 2001
Posts: 12,957

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TailGateNut
Default

Dez is becoming more of a pain in the ass Diva by the game. I thought his assistant coach was going to choke him out on sidelines yesterday. Would have paid good money to see too.
Bronco Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:26 AM   #65
Guess Who
Awesomeness
 
Guess Who's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,160

Adopt-a-Bronco:
PAIN
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronco Yoda View Post
Dez is becoming more of a pain in the ass Diva by the game. I thought his assistant coach was going to choke him out on sidelines yesterday. Would have paid good money to see too.
Actually he has been much better this year. This was the only instance of him being a spoiled brat this year, I believe.
Guess Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #66
Drunken.Broncoholic2
Pickled in orange & blue
 
Drunken.Broncoholic2's Avatar
 
OnLyNiNjAsCaNrEaDtHiSQuOtE

Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Carmel, Ca
Posts: 18,380

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Booker
Default

Calvin Johnson > anyone.

Dez got punked this weekend. And his actions on the sideline were the result of that punking
Drunken.Broncoholic2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:33 AM   #67
Requiem
The OM's #1 Draft Pick
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 31,084
Default

Dez Bryant puts up the numbers. He is crazy tho.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2013, 10:35 AM   #68
boppool
Ring of Famer
 
boppool's Avatar
 
Superbowl or bust!

Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Parker, CO
Posts: 1,437

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guess Who View Post
That being said Dez was Dallas' only real threat yesterday and he caught two TD passes.
Of course, they want to keep him happy. He's their best weapon, however, there's no question his antics towards the teammates and the staff was hurting the team chemistry. This is his fourth year with the team, I don't honestly think he'll mature any time soon.
boppool is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Denver Broncos