The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 08:54 AM   #26
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

How awesome would it have been if we drafted both of them!
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 08:57 AM   #27
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
How awesome would it have been if we drafted both of them!
On the field, I'd take Dez over DT right now

...but I'm glad we have DT. Dez is super unlikeable... like Brandon Marshall without the press conference charm.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:00 AM   #28
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
If he gets Manning after, I think you'll find Dez on board with this.
No, after his season with TT he gets hurt. I make the rules here.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #29
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

In all seriousness, DT just to me has the Megatron-type potential and he's getting there pretty quickly (no, I am not saying he is as good). I am happy with our pick, Dez just seems like a doucher.
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:13 AM   #30
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
On the field, I'd take Dez over DT right now

...but I'm glad we have DT. Dez is super unlikeable... like Brandon Marshall without the press conference charm.
I wanted Dez because he knew how to run routes, his STs play and I watched him a lot because NU was still B12 at the time. I really don't think either team drafted bad. Both players are very good players, on the verge of being top 10 WRs (if not already). I do get a kick out of people making a big deal out of Dez off field issues given what DT was involved in though.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:16 AM   #31
Irish Stout
Ring of Famer

Run for it Marty!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Woodyard

I didn't see it in the article, but I would be curious who was targeted more in 2012. I think its hard to evaluate anything from 2010 and 2011 with Thomas as he hasn't exactly had a consistent QB throwing to him.
Irish Stout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #32
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Stout View Post
I didn't see it in the article, but I would be curious who was targeted more in 2012. I think its hard to evaluate anything from 2010 and 2011 with Thomas as he hasn't exactly had a consistent QB throwing to him.
Thomas was by three. 141 vs 138.
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #33
JDB7821
Seasoned Veteran

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Knowshon Moreno

Quote:
I wouldn't take Julio over AJ (Sorry, I had to!)
When the rumors first started about us trading up for one of them, I wanted AJ too. I'm pretty happy either way though.
JDB7821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:23 AM   #34
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It's his own fault for posing in all those slutty pictures.

New question: Dez verses Daenerys.

Doesnt Daenerys play for the Raiders? Ive been calling one of their receivers Daenerys Targaryan for a bit now.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:30 AM   #35
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

I would give the nod to Bryant each of the first 3 years, but DT has improved every year, and I think he has more pure talent than Bryant. I think this will be the year that DT blows past him in the production department.
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 09:49 AM   #36
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

When I watch them Bryant seems to do what does effortlessly, while DT sometimes looks like he is trying to hard at times...

not sure what this means as far as who is better, just an observation.

Love DT more obviously, but if it were not for requirement of a full time baby sitter it would be Dez slightly more than dt as of now
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 10:00 AM   #37
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

It's funny that some people on another thread are predicting the pokes finish last in the NFCE. But they have so much talent, right? I mean, they have this super freak Bryant who has yet to reach his freaky full potential, right? I mean, he's got a QB in Romo who just got a super freaky extension, right? So, of course Bryant is the better long term WR, right? He's gonna take the poke to the promised land, right? I mean, riiiiiight??
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:23 PM   #38
Action

Quote:
I love DT but in terms of just football (ignoring character), Dez has been the better player THUS FAR.

DT had a breakout year and topped Dez in yardage... but Dez also played with a broken finger and a QB far below Manning.

As far as year 4?

I think Dez puts up better numbers than Demaryius because of Welker. DT will still put up great numbers and get some great 1 on 1s on the outside to take advantage of, but Dez will just get more balls his way.
Dez has also played in the same system since he got drafted with the same QB.

Whereas DT has had 3 different QBs...regardless if he played 1 with Manning, the fact that he was able to out produce Dez in his 3rd year with the same QB and same OC and same system...vs DT's first year with Manning... says enough to me.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:35 PM   #39
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Dez has also played in the same system since he got drafted with the same QB.

Whereas DT has had 3 different QBs...regardless if he played 1 with Manning, the fact that he was able to out produce Dez in his 3rd year with the same QB and same OC and same system...vs DT's first year with Manning... says enough to me.
Outproduce is highly debatable. Would you rather have another 50 yards or 2 more TDs?

And again: Dez had a broken finger and a far worse QB.

Sorry but comfort in a system doesn't compare.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:36 PM   #40
NorCalBronco7

Pretty good article. Based purely on what they can do on the field, right now Id say Bryant is just a tad better overall. His quickness, agility, catching ability, and route running are all a little better than DTs imo, but not by much.

But if I were in a position to take either player on my team, Id easily go with DT. Bryant is too much of a headcase and not significantly better than DT.
Old 06-04-2013, 12:55 PM   #41
extralife
Ring of Famer

Dez is better, but he could also end up in jail tomorrow without surprising anyone. if you're going to give a guy ten million a year--which both of these players will get--I'll sacrifice some of the talent for the one with a little less crazy and/or stupid in him (I didn't forget the Parish Cox incident, Bey Bey)
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 12:57 PM   #42
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
It's funny that some people on another thread are predicting the pokes finish last in the NFCE. But they have so much talent, right? I mean, they have this super freak Bryant who has yet to reach his freaky full potential, right? I mean, he's got a QB in Romo who just got a super freaky extension, right? So, of course Bryant is the better long term WR, right? He's gonna take the poke to the promised land, right? I mean, riiiiiight??
yes, dez is bad because the team he plays for is not currently favored to win the offseason super bowl.

no, no. it's a solid argument. really. totally. everything is going to be ok, just step away from the keyboard for a while.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:07 PM   #43
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Something else to consider using last years stats - The cowboys threw 70 more passes than the Broncos.

Also consider Decker took a lot of TDs (13) away from Thomas and Thomas still had 10. The next highest TD recipient on the Cowboys was Austin with 6.
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #44
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
yes, dez is bad because the team he plays for is not currently favored to win the offseason super bowl.

no, no. it's a solid argument. really. totally. everything is going to be ok, just step away from the keyboard for a while.
It's about this coming year, and how they both project out. Dallas should be a good team almost every year. Dez Bryant is a reflection of this right?

Yah, keep ****ing that chicken.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:12 PM   #45
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post
Something else to consider using last years stats - The cowboys threw 70 more passes than the Broncos.

Also consider Decker took a lot of TDs (13) away from Thomas and Thomas still had 10. The next highest TD recipient on the Cowboys was Austin with 6.
IMO there's nothing to really consider:

Any team in the league would be happy to have either's production and splitting hairs about which is silly.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:15 PM   #46
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LRtagger View Post

I would bet the farm if you put Manning on the Cowboys and Romo on the Broncos the stats would look totally different.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:16 PM   #47
lolcopter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I would bet the farm if you put Manning on the Cowboys and Romo on the Broncos the stats would look totally different.
you-don't-say.jpg
Old 06-04-2013, 01:51 PM   #48
LRtagger
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
IMO there's nothing to really consider:

Any team in the league would be happy to have either's production and splitting hairs about which is silly.
I totally agree - just adding to the convo
LRtagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:55 PM   #49
Action

Quote:
Outproduce is highly debatable. Would you rather have another 50 yards or 2 more TDs?

And again: Dez had a broken finger and a far worse QB.

Sorry but comfort in a system doesn't compare.
Even if you said they had equivalent output this year, Demaryius' was far more impressive considering his situation.

Far worse QB, but the one Dez played with had more attempts, yards, and completions. And the one Thomas played with hadn't played in a year and had a questionable arm...and on top of that Thomas was 2nd in the league to Megatron to passes over 20 yards.

Comfort in a system doesn't compare to what? You trying to tell me comfort in system and playing with a QB 3 years in a row isn't highly advantageous?

Try telling Peyton Manning that, considering that's all he preaches.

Sounds like you're just writing off Thomas because he played with Peyton, but you're not taking into account that Dez plays with a QB who has put up great passing numbers throughout his career and his familiarity with the QB and system (and OC)...

WR's play with broken fingers all the time, many you don't hear about.
Old 06-04-2013, 01:58 PM   #50
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
Even if you said they had equivalent output this year, Demaryius' was far more impressive considering his situation.

Far worse QB, but the one Dez played with had more attempts, yards, and completions. And the one Thomas played with hadn't played in a year and had a questionable arm...and on top of that Thomas was 2nd in the league to Megatron to passes over 20 yards.

Comfort in a system doesn't compare to what? You trying to tell me comfort in system and playing with a QB 3 years in a row isn't highly advantageous?

Try telling Peyton Manning that, considering that's all he preaches.

Sounds like you're just writing off Thomas because he played with Peyton, but you're not taking into account that Dez plays with a QB who has put up great passing numbers throughout his career and his familiarity with the QB and system (and OC)...

WR's play with broken fingers all the time, many you don't hear about.
You're totally right. The guy with Peyton Manning and healthy hands was at a huge disadvantage. My bad.