The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 09:43 PM   #101
Cito Pelon
Attack at all times . . .

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Broncenstein View Post
Holy shiat. You actually believe that Elway is "actively looking" to replace a head coach who turned around a complete disaster into a legitimate Super Bowl contender in two years. Blow the team up and start over again. This is what you actually believe. Of course you do.
Let's do a quick review here, genius. Denver as the #1 seed loses a home playoff game, totally out-coached on both sides of the ball. The only way they're even in the game is Trindon Holliday and the ST return game have an NFL history day.

Elway if he's doing his job correctly better be looking to get a new HC next year if Fox stumblebums in the playoffs again. If you disagree, you're one dumb fool.
Cito Pelon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:06 PM   #102
Dr. Broncenstein
Nacho Nacho Fan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dookie Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito Pelon View Post
Let's do a quick review here, genius. Denver as the #1 seed loses a home playoff game, totally out-coached on both sides of the ball. The only way they're even in the game is Trindon Holliday and the ST return game have an NFL history day.

Elway if he's doing his job correctly better be looking to get a new HC next year if Fox stumblebums in the playoffs again. If you disagree, you're one dumb fool.
First of all, you claimed that Elway is "actively looking" to replace Fox. A pants-on-head retarded statement on its own. Now you are adding a third consecutive playoff appearance to Fox's resume before Elway blows up the team? Not at all surprised that you actually believe that.
Dr. Broncenstein is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #103
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Who said Elway was going to waste this season? Not me. Don't get your panties all wadded up into your brain, son.
You're ****ing retarded.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #104
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

https://soundcloud.com/mogulseeker

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Mind if I ask if he specialized in macro or micro?

In my personal experience, Ive found that homegrown Americans go on to specialize in macro while a lot more of our Asian brothers seem drawn to micro. And it's completely absurd, but I've never personally come across outliers.
BTW Macro is much more suited for academia, or if you want to be an investment banker. There aren't too many private jobs in macro, but the ones that are pull insane cash.

On the other hand, micro has much better practical business aspects like if you're going to run an office of a small business.
Mogulseeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #105
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Smart people are capable of using the tools around them. Smart people are capable of adapting to circumstance. Smart people can see variables around them.

Honestly, McDouche could've used some "second guessing himself". Especially in terms of showing Nolan the door when he was literally the only asset the FO had.
Who wanted Alphonso Smith so badly? Was it McD or Mike Nolan? I think it was Nolan. McD was dumb enough to buy into it though.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #106
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
A good to great coach in today's NFL does not have to be a brilliant X's & O's kind of guy, but he does need to be more than competent. More importantly, I think he needs to be a great leader. The signs are there for Fox. Of course, he needs to win a SB or two to get into the great category, but I think he will.

It is obvious that the players like to play for him, but he also has a very good well-respected staff that is very loyal to him. The only defections are promotions like Allen & McCoy. This is a complement to the HC, and says a lot about his ability to surround himself with very good people, by putting his own ego aside. Do not underestimate this attribute.

McD's ego, amongst other reasons, got the best of him. For example, when he had a good coach, like Nolan who himself was a HC and probably has an ego also, McD tries to micromanage and he eventually chases off a talented coach like Nolan. Then we get stuck with Wink because he will be subservient to the boss.

Anyway, this season will be a big test for Fox, and Manning for that matter. If the team goes 1 and out in the post season, I am not sure he gets fired, but surely Elway will put some heat on him. OTOH, if he gets the Broncos to the SB, then he did his job and he can contemplate his retirement exit into the sunset.
McCoy and the current OC Adam Gase were both hires by McDaniels. The current bigshot in the front office, Matt Russel, was hired by McDaniels. Just saying . . . .
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 PM   #107
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
McCoy and the current OC Adam Gase were both hires by McDaniels. The current bigshot in the front office, Matt Russel, was hired by McDaniels. Just saying . . . .
Perhaps there should be a purging then.

Stacy Coley.....Speed Kills!
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:58 PM   #108
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Perhaps there should be a purging then.
haha, very funny.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:14 PM   #109
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Matt Sullivan > Russell

I've never been a fan of Russell so much. Anyone who had a boner for Cassel is questionable.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:17 PM   #110
Action

I don't agree with extremists on either side, especially the whole Elway is 'looking" for another coach right now. He only has so many hours in the day, and there are much more important things than actively looking for a coach next season to replace Fox.

But that idea in itself is just ridiculous. Fox was one of the reasons Manning came here. And we all know at this point, Manning loves stability more than anything. So unless Fox has some catastrophic season, he'll most likely get resigned.

Good coaches are hard to find, and looking for the "next one" is even harder, and Elway isn't taking that risk right now.

I don't think many people realize how hard it is to be a winning coach over a sustained period of time.

John Fox is currently 21-11 which is a .656 winning percentage since he's been here. Assuming he wins the division again, that number will go up.

There is no such thing as super bowl or bust....because winning the super bowl requires so many things to go right that are out of control of the coach, team, players and organization!

We have half the playoff wins in the past 2 years than Shanahan's last 10 years...and half the play off appearances too. Thinking Fox is gone after this year even if he has a great year is just asinine unless there is some super hot head coach on the market, but even then.

This sh*t isn't a game, it's peoples lives, and it's a business. Hiring a new coach requires so much restructure, and risk at that...so unless Fox completely sh*ts this season away, he's not going anywhere...and you'd have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Also about McDaniels, it's clear that he wasn't ready but the guy obviously has talent (with some faults)... and he knows he's not ready. That last draft of his was amazing and within less than 2 years, there is a HC on another team that would theoretically, fall under his coaching tree...

People keep faulting him for that 09 draft... I put that on the Broncos organization. You can't expect someone to just get hired and draft within a 3 months.... they obviously had some horrible scouting or everything went with Shanahan.

Nolan has been with 2 teams since he's left here, and many teams prior to here...I highly doubt McDaniels was the only one to butt heads with him.

McDaniels was not ready, but he was far from incapable.
Old 06-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #111
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Completely irrelevant to my post. McCoy & Gase both got promoted because of their work under Fox, not McD. If you disagree with that, you are being disingenuous, and I am being kind with that characterization.

And Matt Russell was promoted under Elway, not McD. This one has very little to do with Fox, so again, it is irrelevant to my point.

Try again. Just saying...
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 11:27 PM   #112
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver

6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

McCoy worked under Fox in Carolina too, so that's not really an issue.

I think Fox is going to be the coach at least until Manning retires, regardless.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 12:03 AM   #113
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
I don't agree with extremists on either side, especially the whole Elway is 'looking" for another coach right now. He only has so many hours in the day, and there are much more important things than actively looking for a coach next season to replace Fox.

But that idea in itself is just ridiculous. Fox was one of the reasons Manning came here. And we all know at this point, Manning loves stability more than anything. So unless Fox has some catastrophic season, he'll most likely get resigned.

Good coaches are hard to find, and looking for the "next one" is even harder, and Elway isn't taking that risk right now.

I don't think many people realize how hard it is to be a winning coach over a sustained period of time.

John Fox is currently 21-11 which is a .656 winning percentage since he's been here. Assuming he wins the division again, that number will go up.

There is no such thing as super bowl or bust....because winning the super bowl requires so many things to go right that are out of control of the coach, team, players and organization!

We have half the playoff wins in the past 2 years than Shanahan's last 10 years...and half the play off appearances too. Thinking Fox is gone after this year even if he has a great year is just asinine unless there is some super hot head coach on the market, but even then.

This sh*t isn't a game, it's peoples lives, and it's a business. Hiring a new coach requires so much restructure, and risk at that...so unless Fox completely sh*ts this season away, he's not going anywhere...and you'd have to be delusional to think otherwise.

Also about McDaniels, it's clear that he wasn't ready but the guy obviously has talent (with some faults)... and he knows he's not ready. That last draft of his was amazing and within less than 2 years, there is a HC on another team that would theoretically, fall under his coaching tree...

People keep faulting him for that 09 draft... I put that on the Broncos organization. You can't expect someone to just get hired and draft within a 3 months.... they obviously had some horrible scouting or everything went with Shanahan.

Nolan has been with 2 teams since he's left here, and many teams prior to here...I highly doubt McDaniels was the only one to butt heads with him.

McDaniels was not ready, but he was far from incapable.
On the other hand, Peyton's window is short. Do you waste it on a timid coach? Fox already admitted he blew it in the playoff game by not going for the first down in the series prior to the Raheemination. If Fox goes into timid mode again, why keep him around? Which is why I said Elway is actively looking for a new HC. Maybe "actively" was the wrong word. Should have said maybe "cautiously" looking for a new HC. If Elway is doing his job correctly, he better be cautiously looking for a new HC if Fox manufactures another horrible playoff loss.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #114
Cito Pelon

Not2Shabby County Seat

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Slim Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
Completely irrelevant to my post. McCoy & Gase both got promoted because of their work under Fox, not McD. If you disagree with that, you are being disingenuous, and I am being kind with that characterization.

And Matt Russell was promoted under Elway, not McD. This one has very little to do with Fox, so again, it is irrelevant to my point.

Try again. Just saying...
Uh huh. Sure, whatever you say. It all happened just like that, yeah. They were all sh*tty guys until Fox and Elway decided to retain them and make something of them somehow.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:36 AM   #115
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Uh huh. Sure, whatever you say. It all happened just like that, yeah.
If you disagree with my statement that McCoy & Gase were promoted primarily for their work under Fox, rather than their work under McD, and Russell for his work under Elway, then instead of being an irritating smart ass, why don't you explain why you think differently.
Please, I want to know if I missed something under the 2 disastrous years mcD had control of this team. Keep in mind that McCoy was nothing but the proverbial figurehead OC under MCD, as McD called the plays until he was fired.

But please, knock yourself out on that one.

Quote:
They were all sh*tty guys until Fox and Elway decided to retain them and make something of them somehow.
That is your words, not mine. I don't have an opinion of either of their work before Elway & Fox, because while I am sure they were competent and good at what they did, there is nothing that made them stand out beyond Dove Valley until after the Elway & Fox regime was established. Nothing that was public knowledge anyway.

And as Khan pointed out, and I had forgotten about, McCoy worked for Fox in Carolina before he came to Denver. So there's that.

As I said, if you have a different opinion on this issue, please give it, but quit being a ***** just to try to win an argument with a take that no one with any football credibility would believe.
Old 06-03-2013, 01:43 AM   #116
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
McCoy worked under Fox in Carolina too, so that's not really an issue.

I think Fox is going to be the coach at least until Manning retires, regardless.
Agreed, and hopefully they both have a Lombardi or two under their belt before they go.
Old 06-03-2013, 05:20 AM   #117
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Action View Post
...because the staff that hired him was fired in Miami.

Nolan didn't just bounce from the Dolphins, Sparano and everyone got ****canned, man.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:41 AM   #118
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Bump for Fox and the Broncos first AFC Championship title since 1998.
Old 01-20-2014, 08:46 AM   #119
KevinJames
DT

Quote:
Bump for Fox and the Broncos first AFC Championship title since 1998.

Fox man what a savior after McDaniels. We couldn't be any luckier.

Thanks Elway!
KevinJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:51 AM   #120
Powderaddict
Ring of Famer

Go Broncos!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Montee Ball

Great bump for a great coach.

Reading Cito Pelon being completely wrong as always was pretty funny as well
Powderaddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 08:56 AM   #121
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Fox just seems like a genuinely good guy, the kind of guy who would come over and help you with some roofing or building a backyard rink as long as you have decent beer and order good pizza.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 09:00 AM   #122
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

I love his "Aw shucks" attitude. I'd take a punch for him and I'm just a fan.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:07 AM   #123
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

I must say, for all the talk about Fox going to be out coached by Belichick. He was on it yesterday.
Fox was the guy I wanted as HC when we started the search. He has been money on turning the culture around, on hiring assistants and for all the flack we give him about "Fox ball" he has been very successful.

3 straight AFC west crowns, a AFC championship win and so far 2 assistants have been hired as HC's under him during his Broncos run.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote