The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #1276
Drunken.Broncoholic

Bynums never had a 20 and 10 season. 7.8 rebounds a game for his career. I don't consider him giving 100. He's shown terrible sportsmanship on the court. Throwing Gerald Wallace was a joke. He ain't at the top in my book. The potential was there but he just didnt pull it all together.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 06-01-2013 at 11:04 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 11:02 PM   #1277
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
Noah is a great passer for a big man. You can almost run an offense through him by posting him up at the elbow and feeding him the ball. In theory, this should allow the offense to spread the floor. But Boozer doesn't really fit with this. He bogs down the offense in this scenario because of positioning. Because what happens is, if the center comes out to play Noah, Noah then can use his speed to beat the opposing center to the basket or pass it, whichever is there. The opportunity that is also present in this scenario, is that Noah can feed someone flashing to the basket. But again, Boozer is usually not able to capitalize from this either by positioning or by the fact that he lacks the requisite athleticism. So, in effect, Boozer neutralizes Noah's ability to spread the floor.
i'm far more concerned with Boozer on D than on O. yes he clogs up the offense a bit but when his offense struggles he offers nothing else and in most games you can see Noah being severely pissed off at Boozer causing issues on D.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 11:12 PM   #1278
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'm far more concerned with Boozer on D than on O. yes he clogs up the offense a bit but when his offense struggles he offers nothing else and in most games you can see Noah being severely pissed off at Boozer causing issues on D.
Boozer's garbage defense is a given. It just goes to show how much yeomans work Noah is doing on defense to compensate for Boozer. They really need Noah's mobility since he has to play his spot and cover for Boozer too. But it's on offense where Boozer's shortcoming should be pointed out. It's the less obvious part of his game and it's what he's paid to deliver. If the Bulls had a PF who fit better with the rest of the team, Noahs' offense would be more appreciated.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:14 PM   #1279
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Pacers vs Spurs final is Stern's worst nightmare.

Anyone want to take a stab at what the ratings will be for that one? Possibly the worst rated finals in NBA History.
The refs are hijacking a game 7 if they need to so this wont happen--bet on it!
Old 06-01-2013, 11:16 PM   #1280
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Boozer's garbage defense is a given. It just goes to show how much yeomans work Noah is doing on defense to compensate for Boozer. They really need Noah's mobility since he has to play his spot and cover for Boozer too. But it's on offense where Boozer's shortcoming should be pointed out. It's the less obvious part of his game and it's what he's paid to deliver. If the Bulls had a PF who fit better with the rest of the team, Noahs' offense would be more appreciated.
you'll get no argument from me about that. my point was that Boozer's only useful asset is his offense and when he isn't playing well on O he's useless because he doesn't play D.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:30 PM   #1281
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
you'll get no argument from me about that. my point was that Boozer's only useful asset is his offense and when he isn't playing well on O he's useless because he doesn't play D.
Yeah, it's true. He's a 15 million dollar role player. He's there when he needs you. Out of all times players stepped up and showed grit this postseason, how many times was Boozer leading the charge? Nate Robinson, who made 800k this year meant more than Boozer. Actually, Id take Gibson as a full time PF over Boozer at this point. They need to amnesty Boozer soon.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:31 PM   #1282
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Yeah, it's true. He's a 15 million dollar role player. He's there when he needs you. Out of all times players stepped up and showed grit this postseason, how many times was Boozer leading the charge? Nate Robinson, who made 800k this year meant more than Boozer. Actually, Id take Gibson as a full time PF over Boozer at this point. They need to amnesty Boozer soon.
i'm still pissed that they're apparently moving on from Nate. makes no sense.
he wants and deserves a raise and they want to let him walk when he could help rest Rose next year? insanity.
Old 06-01-2013, 11:35 PM   #1283
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
i'm still pissed that they're apparently moving on from Nate. makes no sense.
he wants and deserves a raise and they want to let him walk when he could help rest Rose next year? insanity.
I dont get this love affair with Hinrich. Id like to keep Nate and Belinelli. I never liked the Rip Hamilton acquisition either.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:07 AM   #1284
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I dont get this love affair with Hinrich. Id like to keep Nate and Belinelli. I never liked the Rip Hamilton acquisition either.
they're supposed to buy out rip if they can't trade him.
Hinrich is the epitome of the player they love to draft. a guy from a winning program who loves to play great D and is a fiery competitor.

that said, this Paxson obsession with Kirk at the cost of better players is stupid.
he is a severe liability and they refuse to let Teague play and develop because they can lean on Kirk.
i bet you donuts to a dime they put him in the front office after he retires.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #1285
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Well the Bulls knew what they were getting with him. He is a bad defender and his offense sucks against guys that have length on him. Booze becomes a jumpshooter when he is against length. That is why Utah moved on from him.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:42 AM   #1286
Drunken.Broncoholic

Lebron flops again. Needing the whistle for your game? Smh. The best player shouldn't need a whistle to bail him out.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:50 AM   #1287
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
they're supposed to buy out rip if they can't trade him.
Yes, I'm aware of this. But this is to say they'll be buying him out. They're not trading him unless he's filler for a bigger deal.

Quote:
Hinrich is the epitome of the player they love to draft. a guy from a winning program who loves to play great D and is a fiery competitor.
Yes, although, I question whether Hinrich is as fiery as everyone wants to believe. But having said that, I really cant complain about how they've drafted players from winning programs. They're relatively low risk and they add to the mettle of the team typically.

Quote:
that said, this Paxson obsession with Kirk at the cost of better players is stupid.
he is a severe liability and they refuse to let Teague play and develop because they can lean on Kirk.
i bet you donuts to a dime they put him in the front office after he retires.
I agree and wouldn't doubt the last part.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:53 AM   #1288
Drunken.Broncoholic

It's hard to gauge the bulls with rose out. The entire dimension of the team changes. I wished he was on the court.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:53 AM   #1289
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
It's hard to gauge the bulls with rose out. The entire dimension of the team changes. I wished he was on the court.
not really, they're the same team they were before Rose when they made the playoffs. really solid team who can win in the regular season but lack the superstar to put games away late.

we had Robinson playing the Rose role and did a pretty good job of it this season.
but we need to keep Nate and have Rose come back 100%. Nate is the only other player on the roster who can create his own offense and shot.
everyone else is spot up shooters or relies on the pick and roll to get open.

Deng can but he's usually so gassed from the amount of minutes he plays and taking on the opposing team's #1 that he just can't be consistent enough.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #1290
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
naw, part of the deal with hiring Sakic and Roy was that the Kroenke's have to spend money and potentially be near the cap.
that's partially why Roy also has a FO title.
We'll see. From what I have been hearing/reading, all the Kroenkes truly care about are the Rams, since that is the big money maker. Their other teams will be run like businesses, where the bottom line is the most important thing, not winning necessarily.

And don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to shít on the Avs. I'm just interested to see where things go. Even though I'm not a hockey guy I am a Denver guy, so any Denver team being good I'm all for.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:17 PM   #1291
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Roy Hibbert is quite the character. If you haven't seen, he dropped a "no homo" line last night, and called the media mother ****ers.

http://deadspin.com/roy-hibbert-had-...ence-510914922
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:21 PM   #1292
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
not really, they're the same team they were before Rose when they made the playoffs. really solid team who can win in the regular season but lack the superstar to put games away late.

we had Robinson playing the Rose role and did a pretty good job of it this season.
but we need to keep Nate and have Rose come back 100%. Nate is the only other player on the roster who can create his own offense and shot.
everyone else is spot up shooters or relies on the pick and roll to get open.

Deng can but he's usually so gassed from the amount of minutes he plays and taking on the opposing team's #1 that he just can't be consistent enough.
Bellinelli could score off the dribble. That's why he was actually a better option than Korver. Korver was far more one dimensional. Korver is a better shooter over a long season but the problem is, a play off series is a smaller sample size. So you don't know if you're going to get a hot or cold Korver. Same can be said with Belinelli, except when shots arent falling for Belinelli, he can put the ball on the floor. Compartmentalized one dimensional players was one of the flaws with how the Bulls had been constructed.
Old 06-02-2013, 12:25 PM   #1293
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
I think, in time, Withey can develop into a quality center even one with an offensive game.
Seriously? Hey, maybe you'll be right. But I don't see it.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:44 PM   #1294
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Roy Hibbert is quite the character. If you haven't seen, he dropped a "no homo" line last night, and called the media mother ****ers.

http://deadspin.com/roy-hibbert-had-...ence-510914922

When you're right, you're right (Roy that is).
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 12:59 PM   #1295
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Seriously? Hey, maybe you'll be right. But I don't see it.
Actually, my first preference is Oladipo but I don't think he'll be there.
Old 06-03-2013, 02:15 PM   #1296
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Jason Kidd announced his retirement Monday after 19 seasons as one of the best passing and rebounding point guards in NBA history.
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:43 PM   #1297
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

who ya got tonight??

Pacers need to keep the pressure up and Hibbert/ George need to keep dominating.

Unfortunately I think Miami will pull it off. Lebron will have one of those 35 + games and drag the heat to the finals
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:48 PM   #1298
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Floyd "Money" Mayweather allegedly bets $5.9M on Heat to win game 7 against Pacers.

Last edited by pricejj; 06-03-2013 at 04:37 PM..
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:59 PM   #1299
Drunken.Broncoholic

If its Lebron against the pacers heat aren't going to win. If the role players and other stars step up they win. I wouldn't be surprised if miller drops several 3s.

Out of 9 games played this season head to head pacers have them beat 5-4.
Old 06-03-2013, 04:21 PM   #1300
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Probably Miami, but it has been tight every game. Best prepare for the worst. #Pray4Maven
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote