The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 05:56 PM   #1251
spiralism

Nuggs just are one of those teams that's not cut out for success tbh

Last edited by spiralism; 06-02-2013 at 03:15 AM..
Old 05-31-2013, 06:00 PM   #1252
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
i'd feel sorry for you... but i'm a long suffering Avs fan.
if they skimp on the Nuggs to pump money into the Avs then i'm all for it.
Oh I think we're both (i.e., Nuggs fans and Avs fans) ****ed. Although for the Avs at least they have a high draft pick to get better.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2013, 09:04 PM   #1253
bombay
Ring of Famer

ho hum
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 07:07 AM   #1254
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Sad story:

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/93...tion-car-crash

Mookie Blaylock in a bad accident. Passenger died, Mookie was on life support for a bit but is off it now.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 04:08 PM   #1255
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Oh I think we're both (i.e., Nuggs fans and Avs fans) ****ed. Although for the Avs at least they have a high draft pick to get better.
naw, part of the deal with hiring Sakic and Roy was that the Kroenke's have to spend money and potentially be near the cap.
that's partially why Roy also has a FO title.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 05:57 PM   #1256
OrangeSe7en

http://www.sbnation.com/nba/2013/6/1...de-rumors-2013

Would anyone want their team to trade for Bargnani?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:21 PM   #1257
bombay
Ring of Famer

LeBron against the world. Looks a lot like the teams he played with in Cleveland.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #1258
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
LeBron against the world. Looks a lot like the teams he played with in Cleveland.
He, himself, wasn't on those teams...but he played with them?
Old 06-01-2013, 07:41 PM   #1259
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
He has 2 really expensive role players in Wade and Bosh. If he was smart he would go back to Cleveland and make it up to the city he left hi and dry. Their team has a ton of young talent and he would make them a great team and reverse the bad mojo of that place.

Last edited by DENVERDUI55; 06-01-2013 at 07:45 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 07:46 PM   #1260
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
He has 2 really expensive role players in Wade and Bosh. If he was smart he would go back to Cleveland and make it up to the city he left hi and dry. Their team has a ton of young talent and he would make them a great team and reverse the bad mojo of that place.
Wade is legitimately hurt. Bosh is just a prissy little b****.
Hibbert though, he is in the top 2 C's in the NBA. the dude is a defensive beast. he owned LeBron with that offensive foul.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #1261
OrangeSe7en

Wade is hurt a lot. It may be time to consider whether or not he's just old. There's a lot of tread on those tires. And it seems like the older he gets, the dirtier he gets. Perhaps he's trying to compensate.
Old 06-01-2013, 07:55 PM   #1262
Drunken.Broncoholic

I'd take Hibbert over pretty much any center in the league. His game has elevated in the last year or so. Heat on the other hand well they are being exposed in this series. They ain't the elite lights out best team that maven propagandas in here. Who I'm sure is working.

Spurs are getting cob webs all over them. They gonna be stale coming out in that first game.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #1263
bombay
Ring of Famer

I don't remember the last player who's improved as much as Hibbert has since he came into the league. He was literally a stiff. Now, I'm not sure what center I would take ahead of him. Not Howard, that's for sure.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:22 PM   #1264
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I don't remember the last player who's improved as much as Hibbert has since he came into the league. He was literally a stiff. Now, I'm not sure what center I would take ahead of him. Not Howard, that's for sure.
Bynum,George(teammate),Love,Marc Gasol,Pekovic,Batum,Anderson,JR Smith,West(teammate),Stoudemire,Arenas,Zbo,Wallace (Gerald),Lawson.

Hibbert has made big strides but it's not unprecedented and not nearly the same as Smith and Gasol's transformation. Smith came in as a dunk artist who wasn't seen as a capable shooter, Gasol was a fat ass throw in trade piece with no real perceived potential.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:25 PM   #1265
bombay
Ring of Famer

Bynum? Get serious. The only guy you listed that would be a consideration is Gasol Jr. But I'd take Hibbert, and it wouldn't be a hard decision. And JR Smith has been the same guy forever. Volumn shooter, and that's about it. He could have been much, much more.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:39 PM   #1266
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Bynum? Get serious. The only guy you listed that would be a consideration is Gasol Jr. But I'd take Hibbert, and it wouldn't be a hard decision. And JR Smith has been the same guy forever. Volumn shooter, and that's about it. He could have been much, much more.
you said since they came into the league. from draft to the prime of their career or til now those players made as big or even bigger strides than Hibbert in their games.
your original statement was either flawed or you didn't didn't say what you meant. because based upon what you said initially all those guys count.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:45 PM   #1267
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
you said since they came into the league. from draft to the prime of their career or til now those players made as big or even bigger strides than Hibbert in their games.
your original statement was either flawed or you didn't didn't say what you meant. because based upon what you said initially all those guys count.
Bynum has regressed into a pile a dung at the end of the bench.
Old 06-01-2013, 08:57 PM   #1268
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Noah?
Old 06-01-2013, 09:06 PM   #1269
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalBronco View Post
Noah?
Granted, I have a Chicago bias, but watching a hit-or-miss draft prospect turn into pretty much the best case scenario for him has been a lot of fun. Don't know if I'd put him over Hibbert, but he's in the "most improved since drafted" discussion. Also in the "most likely to agitate opposing team into committing a technical" discussion.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #1270
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
Noah?
This conversation is matchup driven. A center with an offensive game is a bigger problem for Miami than what Noah does. But in game 7 against New Jersey, against another center with an offensive game, Noah owned the moment. It just depends on the teams involved. Noah can do a lot of things better than Hibbert. But against Miami, there is a premium on low post scoring.

BTW, if Chicag were to be able to draft Jeff Withey, they could move Noah to PF when Withey is on the floor. I think, in time, Withey can develop into a quality center even one with an offensive game. Plus, people should remember that Mirovic might be coming in the next couple of years.

But Boozer is the piece that doesnt fit. If the Bulls had more contribution from Boozer in Miami games (he makes a lot of money), there wouldnt be as many people comparing Noah and Hibbert. Its really the combination of low post scoring from the two teams against Miami that's shaping this discussion. It's somewhat myopic.

Last edited by OrangeSe7en; 06-01-2013 at 09:35 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 09:39 PM   #1271
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Bynum has regressed into a pile a dung at the end of the bench.
only due to injuries. before that he was considered to be the 2nd best C in the NBA behind only Howard.

Quote:
Noah?
i wanted to list him but he's pretty much what he was supposed to be in a best case scenario.
i love Noah and am a huge Bulls fan. he has really upped his game and turned into one of the best defensive guys in the league.
we need to draft a C to play behind him and stop the insane amount of minutes he plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSe7en View Post
This conversation is matchup driven. A center with an offensive game is a bigger problem for Miami than what Noah does. But in game 7 against New Jersey, against another center with an offensive game, Noah owned the moment. It just depends on the teams involved. Noah can do a lot of things better than Hibbert. But against Miami, there is a premium on low post scoring.

BTW, if Chicag were to be able to draft Jeff Withey, they could move Noah to PF when Withey is on the floor. I think, in time, Withey can develop into a quality center even one with an offensive game. Plus, people should remember that Mirovic might be coming in the next couple of years.

But Boozer is the piece that doesnt fit. If the Bulls had more contribution from Boozer in Miami games (he makes a lot of money), there wouldnt be as many people comparing Noah and Hibbert. Its really the combination of low post scoring from the two teams against Miami that's shaping this discussion. It's somewhat myopic.
Withey is going to be a ****ty pro. he's slow, offers no offensive upside and blocking shots is the only thing he's really good at.
i want no part of him on the Bulls.
Noah is not a PF and cannot play there.
Mirotic is our PF of the future, he's not coming over until after 2014 and he will replace Boozer then.
personally i'd prefer us to find a way to get Josh Smith. would significantly improve our already insane D.

Last edited by Lestat; 06-01-2013 at 09:43 PM..
Old 06-01-2013, 09:48 PM   #1272
OrangeSe7en

Quote:
only due to injuries. before that he was considered to be the 2nd best C in the NBA behind only Howard.

i wanted to list him but he's pretty much what he was supposed to be in a best case scenario.
i love Noah and am a huge Bulls fan. he has really upped his game and turned into one of the best defensive guys in the league.
we need to draft a C to play behind him and stop the insane amount of minutes he plays.
Noah is a great passer for a big man. You can almost run an offense through him by posting him up at the elbow and feeding him the ball. In theory, this should allow the offense to spread the floor. But Boozer doesn't really fit with this. He bogs down the offense in this scenario because of positioning. Because what happens is, if the center comes out to play Noah, Noah then can use his speed to beat the opposing center to the basket or pass it, whichever is there. The opportunity that is also present in this scenario, is that Noah can feed someone flashing to the basket. But again, Boozer is usually not able to capitalize from this either by positioning or by the fact that he lacks the requisite athleticism. So, in effect, Boozer neutralizes Noah's ability to spread the floor.
Old 06-01-2013, 09:56 PM   #1273
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Pacers vs Spurs final is Stern's worst nightmare.

Anyone want to take a stab at what the ratings will be for that one? Possibly the worst rated finals in NBA History.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 09:59 PM   #1274
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Pacers vs Spurs final is Stern's worst nightmare.

Anyone want to take a stab at what the ratings will be for that one? Possibly the worst rated finals in NBA History.
Stern won't allow it.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 10:00 PM   #1275
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

I agree Hibbert's ascension to top 3 centers in the league has been astronomical. He's really put it together this playoff and is, by far, the main reason Indy has a good shot at this thing.

That said, it'd surprise me if they beat the Heat in game seven. Wouldn't shock me, but I still think this will be a Spurs/Heat final, regardless of how crappy Wade and Bosh are playing. And they are playing ****.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote