The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-01-2013, 12:16 PM   #11
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

this NYTs article relies heavily on "psychology" which in and of itself, is not really science and this again just demonstrates the irony of the article. The hard sciences can be validated in the laboratory, the soft sciences simply can't. When psychologists start throwing theories out there you better believe that it's questionable at best. The human condition and all it's intricacies can never be boiled down to 1 + 1 = 2, especially when predicting behavior. We all have at one time or another at least gave some credence to a conspiracy theory. For example, the JFK assassination. But just because I'm willing to analyze all the angles of the JFK assassination conspiracy theories and say "there might be something there" does not mean I'm gonna give credence to all conspiracy theories. And, just because I don't particularly trust the federal government does not mean I'm wacko, it just means I have a different philosophy on how things should be done, that is, I think personal responsibility is key to a successful and functioning society and when my personal freedoms are sacrificed at the alter of safety then I get more dissatisfied with the current state of affairs.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote