The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2013, 03:57 PM   #576
R-Mac

So Tebow is not very smart. This is not surprising considering how he was raised.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:06 PM   #577
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-Mac View Post
So Tebow is not very smart. This is not surprising considering how he was raised.
He seems pretty bright to me, he has an average joe arm and has made a good living off it. Homeschooled Christian kids aren't dumb
Old 05-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #578
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
He seems pretty bright to me, he has an average joe arm and has made a good living off it. Homeschooled Christian kids aren't dumb
SOME homeschooled Christian kids aren't dumb, just like SOME public school kids aren't dumb and SOME private school kids aren't dumb.

When it comes to reading defenses, he's pretty damn dumb.
Old 05-30-2013, 04:49 PM   #579
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:04 PM   #580
Kid A
Ring of Famer

I don't need love. I just need wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rahim Moore

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
SOME homeschooled Christian kids aren't dumb, just like SOME public school kids aren't dumb and SOME private school kids aren't dumb.

When it comes to reading defenses, he's pretty damn dumb.
I would add this: Tebow not having NFL level ability at reading defenses and making adjustments does not equal Tebow being a total idiot.

Tens of thousands of kids at some point try to play QB. Very few have the athleticism, leadership and ability to run a zone read offense like Tebow does. There are several types of intelligence he had to have in abundance to get as far as he did, including how to memorize plays.

But playing QB in the NFL puts you among the best of the best of the best of the best. Everyone allowed to even compete for a roster spot at that level has athletic ability. It's the ones with super-rare, next level ability to see the game at a different speed, process the tactics of defenses in seconds, etc that make it long term as starting QBs.

Not being among that infinitesimally small group of human beings doesn't make you dumb. It means Tebow probably hit a ceiling for his ability that most people would hit long before they can sniff an NFL career. I think it's become clear he has no future at QB in the NFL. It's not too fair, though, to make this all about him having to be stupid not to make it in an incredibly competitive league.
Kid A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 05:07 PM   #581
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid A View Post
I would add this: Tebow not having NFL level ability at reading defenses and making adjustments does not equal Tebow being a total idiot.

Tens of thousands of kids at some point try to play QB. Very few have the athleticism, leadership and ability to run a zone read offense like Tebow does. There are several types of intelligence he had to have in abundance to get as far as he did, including how to memorize plays.

But playing QB in the NFL puts you among the best of the best of the best of the best. Everyone allowed to even compete for a roster spot at that level has athletic ability. It's the ones with super-rare, next level ability to see the game at a different speed, process the tactics of defenses in seconds, etc that make it long term as starting QBs.

Not being among that infinitesimally small group of human beings doesn't make you dumb. It means Tebow probably hit a ceiling for his ability that most people would hit long before they can sniff an NFL career. I think it's become clear he has no future at QB in the NFL. It's not too fair, though, to make this all about him having to be stupid not to make it in an incredibly competitive league.
All of this is true. And when you add in the ability of NFL defenses to disguise coverages well enough to fool great quarterbacks like Peyton Manning and Tom Brady and Drew Brees on occasion, well...

Sorry, Tim. Good luck with your inevitable ministry.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #582
Drunken.Broncoholic

He had a chance for a 3some with Kate upton and Chrissy tiegen and walked away. Pretty stupid there IMO.