The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 01:28 PM   #301
LetsGoBroncos
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
He can't mention it much per league rules, but Woodson founded and co-owns a vineyard and winery in Napa, so that makes sense.
How does that make sense? You play for the Broncos for a season, contend for a title then move to northern CA if you want to.

He's not smart
LetsGoBroncos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:19 PM   #302
Bacchus

Why is Raider troll more fun to pick on than even KC troll?
Old 05-24-2013, 03:45 PM   #303
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by g6matty View Post
the raiders might get clowney next year =[

They have been clowney for years now.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:05 AM   #304
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

From King's MMQB Tuesday Edition:

Quote:
Charles Woodson likes being back in Oakland, to be sure. But be careful about making his decision solely a sentimental one.

Woodson, the 36-year-old safety coming off an injury-plagued season in Green Bay, signed a one-year, $1.8 million deal with Oakland last week that included a $700,000 signing bonus. And it's the bonus that was the major difference between the offers he got from Oakland and Denver, Woodson said.

"It was all about getting something to sign,'' Woodson told SI.com. "That was it.''

Woodson said the emotion of returning to Oakland was a factor as well. But I got the feeling talking to him that if Denver believed he was worth the risk at 36 of staying healthy for the year, and backed that belief with a significant signing bonus, he'd be a Bronco today. "My visit there was awesome,'' said Woodson. "Meeting with John Elway and coach [John] Fox, I was very impressed.''
Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2UgciUwFq
BroncoInferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:45 AM   #305
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

...probably tried the fax machine again...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:58 AM   #306
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Why is Raider troll more fun to pick on than even KC troll?
Because they are the most separated from reality. Charger fans are probably the most down to earth about their team - maybe even a little too pessimistic.

Chief fans are the next most ridiculous with most thinking their two win squad is just a QB and coach away from being in the Super Bowl. Their team actually has some decent players and Reid is a good coach who likes greasy food so he's a good match. So there is cause for optimism.

Raiders fans are all morons. They are in complete denial about how crappy their team is and has been for the past decade. If you talk to Raider fans, they'll tell you with a straight face that Darren Mcfadden is the best RB in the NFL. They'll tell you their problems were a result of Carson Palmer and now with "other guy" at QB they are going to the SB. Every year they believe they're going to the Super Bowl. If it wasn't for their appearance against the Buccs, Reality would have begun to set in after almost two decades of nothing since the 80's, but that one appearance and they're back in cloud land. Raider fans live in the past and close their eyes to reality.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:03 AM   #307
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Because they are the most separated from reality. Charger fans are probably the most down to earth about their team - maybe even a little too pessimistic.

Chief fans are the next most ridiculous with most thinking their two win squad is just a QB and coach away from being in the Super Bowl. Their team actually has some decent players and Reid is a good coach who likes greasy food so he's a good match. So there is cause for optimism.

Raiders fans are all morons. They are in complete denial about how crappy their team is and has been for the past decade. If you talk to Raider fans, they'll tell you with a straight face that Darren Mcfadden is the best RB in the NFL. They'll tell you their problems were a result of Carson Palmer and now with "other guy" at QB they are going to the SB. Every year they believe they're going to the Super Bowl. If it wasn't for their appearance against the Buccs, Reality would have begun to set in after almost two decades of nothing since the 80's, but that one appearance and they're back in cloud land. Raider fans live in the past and close their eyes to reality.
Raider fans are the ones starting threads excited about the "beatdown" they're going to give Denver even when they're 3+ score underdogs.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:44 AM   #308
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
From King's MMQB Tuesday Edition:

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/nfl...#ixzz2UgciUwFq
I would have bolded this part:

Quote:
And itís the bonus that was the major difference between the offers he got from Oakland and Denver, Woodson said.
Broncos weren't willing to give him that $700,000 signing bonus.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 11:15 AM   #309
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Raider fans are the ones starting threads excited about the "beatdown" they're going to give Denver even when they're 3+ score underdogs.
Well in their defense, they've beat us at home a few times. I still remember the game a few years ago where Orton gifted them a fumble and they won by a field goal and they were walking around like they won the division.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:36 AM   #310
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well in their defense, they've beat us at home a few times. I still remember the game a few years ago where Orton gifted them a fumble and they won by a field goal and they were walking around like they won the division.
The snow game was my low.

One of Coyer's darkest hours. Man coverage in snow? Pffffffffffffffft
Old 05-29-2013, 11:49 AM   #311
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Pffffffffffffffft
Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM   #312
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Woodson also received strong interest from the Denver Broncos but told the NFL Network that their offer wasn't strong enough, even though their roster is far superior to that of the rebuilding Raiders.

"I came into the talks with Denver knowing exactly what I wanted," he said. "Even though I want to win a championship, I still want to make the business part of it right. Everybody talks to me as if they want me to come in and do all of these things but they don't want to treat me as a guy that is going to do all of those things.

"Those talks of course broke down, didn't happen and I left Denver and I got here to Oakland. Ö You can either take what they give you or you can say, 'Nah, I'll do something different,' and that's the way it went," he said.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...-favored-no-24
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:51 PM   #313
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
The snow game was my low.

One of Coyer's darkest hours. Man coverage in snow? Pffffffffffffffft
By far Champ's worst game in his career. They played both coverages in there but either way Champ got cooked. Coyer the man who doesn't know how to stop a leak from turning into a flood. Kennedy and Lynch jumped routes too thinking Champ had him.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:07 PM   #314
55CrushEm
Dynamic Duo

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quanterus Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
By far Champ's worst game in his career. They played both coverages in there but either way Champ got cooked. Coyer the man who doesn't know how to stop a leak from turning into a flood. Kennedy and Lynch jumped routes too thinking Champ had him.

Yeah. Still though, one of the best memories from that game was Al Wilson stopping Tyrone Wheatley on 4th down. What a hit!
55CrushEm is offline   Reply With Quote