The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-28-2013, 11:14 AM   #1
Fanatic24

Default 2010 NFL Draft: Broncos Class Ranked #5

4 starters from the 2010 class. I would debate they could push the Bengals for #4 but they probably get the nod since they have an all pro from their class.

http://www.profootballrosters.com/20...-team-classes/
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 11:44 AM   #2
Tim

It pisses me off we traded Alphonso smith for earl Thomas
Old 05-28-2013, 11:50 AM   #3
Fanatic24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim View Post
It pisses me off we traded Alphonso smith for earl Thomas
Not to mention the whole Tebow pick. This class could have been #1 if things fell right.
Old 05-28-2013, 12:07 PM   #4
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

consider the broncos traded away Jay Cutler and now Kyle Orton was the starting QB, I was ok with the Tebow pick. Tebow was a failure for the Jets, not with the Broncos.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 12:35 PM   #5
Fanatic24

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
consider the broncos traded away Jay Cutler and now Kyle Orton was the starting QB, I was ok with the Tebow pick. Tebow was a failure for the Jets, not with the Broncos.
Agreed, just saying if they would have gotten more from that 1st Round pick, not Tebow in general.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:04 PM   #6
Drunken.Broncoholic

All this does is reinforce the point that drafting the player isn't as impactful as developing the player. Singletary was building a pretty good team yet had no clue how to develop them into NFL players. Him and McD shared the same characteristics. Arrogant idiots who just yelled like a baby on the sidelines of games and in practice. Yelling at the player instead of teaching him. No coincidence both are no longer HCs.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:18 PM   #7
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

All five of those teams are better today and directly so because of the draft. That just goes to show you it's not free agency or trades that build a team; It's drafting well.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:29 PM   #8
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanatic24 View Post
Agreed, just saying if they would have gotten more from that 1st Round pick, not Tebow in general.
Im not the world's biggest tim tebow fan, but we got a really exciting season and a playoff win. I'll take it.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:32 PM   #9
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
All five of those teams are better today and directly so because of the draft. That just goes to show you it's not free agency or trades that build a team; It's drafting well.
haha im not sure we're the best example considering it was a free agent that made our team a contender.
Old 05-28-2013, 01:46 PM   #10
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
All this does is reinforce the point that drafting the player isn't as impactful as developing the player. Singletary was building a pretty good team yet had no clue how to develop them into NFL players. Him and McD shared the same characteristics. Arrogant idiots who just yelled like a baby on the sidelines of games and in practice. Yelling at the player instead of teaching him. No coincidence both are no longer HCs.
I don't agree with your take at all. Other than the practice squad, I don't think the NFL is remotely interested in developing their own talent. There isn't enough time on most coach's or GM's contract for them to give a ****. IMO, the player either has "it" or they don't.

and you totally missed the point about the Vernon Davis incedent with Singletary.

“I’m very thankful for the opportunity to cross paths with him. It was a very beautiful thing that he did for me, he saved my career,” said Davis. “He helped make me into the player that I am today. If we never met, I would never have the courage or any of those other things that make up a leader. I’m very thankful and honored that we crossed paths.”

http://www.vernondavis.com/2013/thro...ke-singletary/
Old 05-28-2013, 01:58 PM   #11
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Quote:
In large yes. Obviously players like Peyton Manning don't come along that often in FA. Drafting well is important because you don't have to pay rookies the same as you would FA's in most cases. Actually drafting well before the rookie salary restructure was even more important because if you drafted wrong, it could hurt you for quite some time. It's not as bad today because those salaries are much lower. None the less, it's important to draft well because you simply can't find enough quality FA's for good value to fill all the needs. You have to draft well to be a great team.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:08 PM   #12
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I don't agree with your take at all. Other than the practice squad, I don't think the NFL is remotely interested in developing their own talent. There isn't enough time on most coach's or GM's contract for them to give a ****. IMO, the player either has "it" or they don't.

and you totally missed the point about the Vernon Davis incedent with Singletary.

“I’m very thankful for the opportunity to cross paths with him. It was a very beautiful thing that he did for me, he saved my career,” said Davis. “He helped make me into the player that I am today. If we never met, I would never have the courage or any of those other things that make up a leader. I’m very thankful and honored that we crossed paths.”

Then why even have a draft? Why not just throw out a young QB on the field? Why have him sit? That is so far off base. Great teams rarely use free agency as crutch. Patriots won last decade based on developing their talent. I would take a franchise in any sport that does this. SF giants won 2 recent rings bringing up talent. Spurs in basketball. Football is even more as teams like to go away from expensive free agents. Why did SF turn away woodson? Cause they want to develop and run with kids. Teaching them. I see it all the time coaches teaching players to up their game at the pro level.

As far as Singletary, well just ask any niner fan and they'll tell you he had no clue how to coach or develop that team.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...jMDsDAIs_b9Q0w

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-28-2013 at 02:25 PM..
Old 05-28-2013, 02:27 PM   #13
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
haha im not sure we're the best example considering it was a free agent that made our team a contender.
I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse, but we did win the division and and a playoff game with a fullback at QB.
Old 05-28-2013, 02:29 PM   #14
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
he was traded two years after he was picked for a fourth rounder. that's a failure.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 02:31 PM   #15
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Then why even have a draft? Why not just throw out a young QB on the field? Why have him sit? That is so far off base. Great teams rarely use free agency as crutch. Patriots won last decade based on developing their talent. I would take a franchise in any sport that does this. SF giants won 2 recent rings bringing up talent. Spurs in basketball. Football is even more as teams like to go away from expensive free agents. Why did SF turn away woodson? Cause they want to develop and run with kids. Teaching them. I see it all the time coaches teaching players to up their game at the pro level.

As far as Singletary, well just ask any niner fan and they'll tell you he had no clue how to coach or develop that team.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...jMDsDAIs_b9Q0w
I never mentioned anything about free agency or about getting rid of the draft. I probably should have just said that you give coaches too much credit for a players success. IMO, great players make it in the NFL because they get it or just have "it".
Old 05-28-2013, 02:40 PM   #16
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
I never mentioned anything about free agency or about getting rid of the draft. I probably should have just said that you give coaches too much credit for a players success. IMO, great players make it in the NFL because they get it or just have "it".
I guess that's where we disagree. There's no doubt in my mind JDR had a huge impact in our defense learning how to play.

Our defense has gone through how many bad defensive coordinators? There's something to be said there on how the players developed or didnt in general. I believe a coach can most definetly have an impact on player development. Jim Harbaugh taught Alex smith how to approach a defense. Singletary just threw him out there and said throw it deep.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-28-2013 at 02:42 PM..
Old 05-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #17
DivineLegion
******ship Sta at the Top

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nate Irving

Quote:
“I’m very thankful for the opportunity to cross paths with him. It was a very beautiful thing that he did for me, he saved my career,”

I know he's playing in SF, so this isn't the first time someone in town related another man showing him his penis as a beautiful thing, but I think we can all agree Mike Singletary did a tremendous job in building the core of a very good football team.
DivineLegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #18
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
I'm really not trying to beat a dead horse, but we did win the division and and a playoff game with a fullback at QB.
Yeah, but I think we'll all agree we backed our way into that thanks to a horrid division and a lot of luck. The 2012 Broncos would have beaten the **** out of the 2011 and there was really only one major difference.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:39 PM   #19
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

loved the 2011 broncos!
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:29 PM   #20
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Yeah, but I think we'll all agree we backed our way into that thanks to a horrid division and a lot of luck.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:15 PM   #21
Doggcow
Please Help Rebel

http://www.gofundme.com/cvqzik

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
lol
Doggcow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 07:41 PM   #22
maher_tyler
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Champ Bailey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ludo21 View Post
loved the 2011 broncos!
It was so sweet winning games everyone and their mom said we wouldn't. That playoff game was glorious!
maher_tyler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 08:22 PM   #23
Bacchus

Quote:
Im not the world's biggest tim tebow fan, but we got a really exciting season and a playoff win. I'll take it.
Who knows without those Tebow victories maybe Manning does not even consider coming to Denver.
Old 05-28-2013, 08:31 PM   #24
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I think we only end up with 3 starters out of that class this year.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #25
enjolras
Ring of Famer

Quote:
A first round pick that plays for two seasons and then is traded for a single fourth rounder is...not a failure?
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote