The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2013, 04:04 PM   #1176
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Yup, LeBron's supporting cast left more than a little bit to be desired last night. He goes 36-8 on 70% shooting and the next high scorer was Bosh with 17. That's not gonna get it done most nights. I think LeBron needs to take more than 20 shots.
You are right, he can't do it alone. Wade is no where the player he once was. And Bosh really isn't a max contract guy. The Heat really have no answer for a big team. This series is going to be tough. Pacers deserve a ton of credit.
OrangeCrush2724 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:35 PM   #1177
bombay
Ring of Famer

Memphis jumps out to a 26-9 lead.
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #1178
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Not a good first quarter by the Spurs. Can't wait for the halftime interview with Pop.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:15 PM   #1179
Drunken.Broncoholic

26-9 is nothing the spurs can't handle. What a comeback. Popovich benching the entire starting lineup in the 1st quarter. His 1st quarter interview was to answers. Turnovers. And turnovers.

3-0
Old 05-26-2013, 10:09 AM   #1180
NFLBRONCO
Ring of Famer

Go Nuggets Go Lakers

Didn't care who won this series but, I thought it would be a good series not a dud.
NFLBRONCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 06:17 PM   #1181
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci...t-could-happen

Interesting article in today's Post about LeBron. I tend to agree with Benjamin Hochman's assessment.

Chris Anderson has been huge for the Heat since they picked him up. I don't know if things were just stale for him here, or what, but he wasn't playing with the intensity he's playing with for with Miami his last several seasons here. I really thought he didn't have anything left.
Old 05-26-2013, 06:33 PM   #1182
bombay
Ring of Famer

Hey, Sarah Palin is at the game in Indy!

I wonder if Glen Rice is there?
Old 05-26-2013, 06:41 PM   #1183
colorado jones
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

In b4 Maven gets off work.
colorado jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 07:40 PM   #1184
bombay
Ring of Famer

Battier dagger.

The End
Old 05-26-2013, 07:56 PM   #1185
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorado jones View Post
In b4 Maven gets off work.
Which should be in just a few minutes.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:05 PM   #1186
Drunken.Broncoholic

Thats more like the heat
Old 05-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #1187
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

game ova! the champs never give up
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:08 PM   #1188
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

im out right now, just wanted to say go heat!!!!!!!
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #1189
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
http://www.denverpost.com/hochman/ci...t-could-happen

Interesting article in today's Post about LeBron. I tend to agree with Benjamin Hochman's assessment.

Chris Anderson has been huge for the Heat since they picked him up. I don't know if things were just stale for him here, or what, but he wasn't playing with the intensity he's playing with for with Miami his last several seasons here. I really thought he didn't have anything left.
That article is horse $hit. It pretends the Heat are just going to roll over and die with age, and Lebron will leave. Pat Riley doesn't just sit on his ass and hope everything works out. He is as aggressive as they come since he's been here. This goes back to getting Alonzo Morning in his prime for chump change.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Three take pay cuts to get more free agents. That's the beauty when you want to live in a place like Miami.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:48 PM   #1190
TonyR
Franchise Poster

^ I don't know, how cool would it be if LeBron went back to Cleveland? I know, probably never happen. But they have an interesting future with Kyrie Irving and now the first pick in the upcoming draft. That would be two nice players for LeBron to win with and he'd redeem himself among many of the haters by going back there.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 12:01 AM   #1191
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ I don't know, how cool would it be if LeBron went back to Cleveland? I know, probably never happen. But they have an interesting future with Kyrie Irving and now the first pick in the upcoming draft. That would be two nice players for LeBron to win with and he'd redeem himself among many of the haters by going back there.
I think Bron going back to Cleveland would be a great story, and if they have pieces set up, I assume he considers it. Wade is getting older and there's little else on the roster outside of bosh. I believe Cleveland would have cap room for two stars in 2014 (I may be wrong about that) plus Irving, their number one pick, varejao, Thompson, so forth.
SonOfLe-loLang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:31 AM   #1192
RhymesayersDU
Go Broncos, Nuggets, Rox

GANGNAM STYLE

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ty Lawson

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
That article is horse $hit. It pretends the Heat are just going to roll over and die with age, and Lebron will leave. Pat Riley doesn't just sit on his ass and hope everything works out. He is as aggressive as they come since he's been here. This goes back to getting Alonzo Morning in his prime for chump change.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Big Three take pay cuts to get more free agents. That's the beauty when you want to live in a place like Miami.
Oh I don't know about all that. The new luxury tax is brutal. I'm not saying LeBron is leaving, but what I am saying is that big three may be broken up, via Wade or Bosh being let go. At the very least, it's going to be an issue that isn't solved as easily as you're saying.

I get they all want to be there, I get that they're going to win the title this year and be favorites next year, but at some point that luxury tax will come into play. They jacked it up so much that even the big market teams will need to think about it.
RhymesayersDU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 06:42 AM   #1193
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think Bron going back to Cleveland would be a great story, and if they have pieces set up, I assume he considers it. Wade is getting older and there's little else on the roster outside of bosh. I believe Cleveland would have cap room for two stars in 2014 (I may be wrong about that) plus Irving, their number one pick, varejao, Thompson, so forth.
James will never play for Dan Gilbert. That team can't get any quality free agents to save its life. Can they build through the draft? Maybe, but just in time for them to be good, their players will start testing the free agent market.

On the other hand, Miami has been good with James carrying the entire load. Wade must have made a big difference in only 9-10 games this year. Having Wade replaced (retire or injury) with another good player will be ok for James.

My point is, Riley will not just let this team get old, and watch James find a new team. IMO James will not even test the market this time.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:12 AM   #1194
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RhymesayersDU View Post
Oh I don't know about all that. The new luxury tax is brutal. I'm not saying LeBron is leaving, but what I am saying is that big three may be broken up, via Wade or Bosh being let go. At the very least, it's going to be an issue that isn't solved as easily as you're saying.

I get they all want to be there, I get that they're going to win the title this year and be favorites next year, but at some point that luxury tax will come into play. They jacked it up so much that even the big market teams will need to think about it.
Yes, you are right. It's going to be a challenge to keep all three. People will have to take major pay cuts for it to work out. Not sure how they will attempt to solve that problem. Maybe Wade retires??
Old 05-27-2013, 09:08 AM   #1195
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Name:  bird.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  30.3 KB
Old 05-27-2013, 02:33 PM   #1196
ohiobronco2
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCrush2724 View Post
James will never play for Dan Gilbert. That team can't get any quality free agents to save its life. Can they build through the draft? Maybe, but just in time for them to be good, their players will start testing the free agent market.

On the other hand, Miami has been good with James carrying the entire load. Wade must have made a big difference in only 9-10 games this year. Having Wade replaced (retire or injury) with another good player will be ok for James.

My point is, Riley will not just let this team get old, and watch James find a new team. IMO James will not even test the market this time.
Over time I've learned to never say never. Personally, I don't see it happening and it angers me to see Cavaliers fans getting excited about a possible LBJ return. They are just setting themselves up for disappointment if he doesn't. All I can tell you is don't think that James will never leave, he left his hometown where he was a god to go play in Miami where the fans aren't nearly as loyal.
ohiobronco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #1197
Agamemnon

Assuming the Heat beat the Pacers I think they are going to have trouble with the Spurs.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #1198
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agamemnon View Post
Assuming the Heat beat the Pacers I think they are going to have trouble with the Spurs.
I wouldn't even want to think about the Spurs now; Pacers are giving the Heat all they can handle.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:30 PM   #1199
OrangeCrush2724
Bronco Pride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobronco2 View Post
Over time I've learned to never say never. Personally, I don't see it happening and it angers me to see Cavaliers fans getting excited about a possible LBJ return. They are just setting themselves up for disappointment if he doesn't. All I can tell you is don't think that James will never leave, he left his hometown where he was a god to go play in Miami where the fans aren't nearly as loyal.
I don't think James will ....NEVER leave. I just don't think it's probable. One thing he doesn't want is a media circus. He wants nothing to be like last time. So what's the best way? Just don't become a free agent. That paired with he's happy in Miami, his family is setteled down here, Miami gave him his first ring, Front office in Miami will always keep the team competitive, his close friends play for the Heat, Clevland is still owned by Dan Gilbert, the added pressure of winning with a new team...is what I believe will make his DECISION easier to stay with the Heat.
Old 05-27-2013, 04:31 PM   #1200
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I wish Westbrook didn't get hurt. Thunder/Spurs would have been a very good series.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote