The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2012, 09:58 AM   #5301
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Fun thread. Sure was tense around here that week.

The problem some on here have is they look at this team emotionally instead of logically......

Look at how some on here acted over a premier QB free agent being wooed by other teams as well as our own favorite. b****ing and moaning over **** they had no control over....and now they look like a bunch of whiners and cry babies over it.....

Fast forward to the signing of Manning and trade of Tebow.....again, we had people on here crying and b****ing and moaning.....

I mean honestly...it's one thing to be critical...it's another to call the entire organization classless because they may get rid of a player you like. The greatest Broncos player of all time has been labelled all kinds of derogatory names by those very people ...and for what?

For acquiring the best FA ever available since Reggie White?

For getting rid of a QB they weren't married to, or saw as part of their vision for this team's future?

For trying to bring back the same kind of excitement he use to create back in the days he was our starter?

How misguided are those that wanted Tebow over Manning? They still defend him every chance they can despite his immense flaws while poo-pooing this current team by pointing out their much smaller flaws.

Elway himself said it best...there are Broncos fans...and then there are Tebow fans. This thread exposed who was who in my opinion.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:12 AM   #5302
Dedhed
Ring of Famer

Fare thee well

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Q Smith

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
The problem some on here have is they look at this team emotionally instead of logically......

Look at how some on here acted over a premier QB free agent being wooed by other teams as well as our own favorite. b****ing and moaning over **** they had no control over....and now they look like a bunch of whiners and cry babies over it.....

Fast forward to the signing of Manning and trade of Tebow.....again, we had people on here crying and b****ing and moaning.....

I mean honestly...it's one thing to be critical...it's another to call the entire organization classless because they may get rid of a player you like. The greatest Broncos player of all time has been labelled all kinds of derogatory names by those very people ...and for what?

For acquiring the best FA ever available since Reggie White?

For getting rid of a QB they weren't married to, or saw as part of their vision for this team's future?

For trying to bring back the same kind of excitement he use to create back in the days he was our starter?

How misguided are those that wanted Tebow over Manning? They still defend him every chance they can despite his immense flaws while poo-pooing this current team by pointing out their much smaller flaws.

Elway himself said it best...there are Broncos fans...and then there are Tebow fans. This thread exposed who was who in my opinion.
Oh, the irony!
Dedhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:20 AM   #5303
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
"It was a tough situation," Elway said, "There are Tebow fans and there are Broncos fans. My responsibility is to the Broncos fans, and my responsibility is to (owner) Pat Bowlen and what he wants to do, and that's win championships. I base all my decisions on that."
http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...tebow/1703099/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 10:44 AM   #5304
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

I love it when people get called out on their $h!t, have no defense, then have the gall to try and point the finger at the person calling them on their $h!t.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #5305
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
I'll bet anyone a year long OM ban that Peyton does not end up in Denver.

haha
bombay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2012, 12:07 PM   #5306
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
Wait, you guys expected Manning to sign with the Donks without even going somewhere else?

Oh, you silly Donks.

Peyton would like to visit actual franchises who have defenses and legit offensive threats.
Wow nice post.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:31 PM   #5307
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by srphoenix
Adam Schefter ‏ @AdamSchefter
Broncos will inquire about former QB Peyton Manning's availability and see if he has interest in coming to Denver.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dedhed View Post
And after laughing for 18 minutes, Condon will try to politely decline.
Wow, you really need to apologize for your idiotic takes. This thread is a whole embarrassment of idiocy, ignorance and rudeness on your part.

You being a Teboner explains a lot of your posts to me now.
Old 05-25-2013, 06:38 PM   #5308
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
Wow, you really need to apologize for your idiotic takes. This thread is a whole embarrassment of idiocy, ignorance and rudeness on your part.

You being a Teboner explains a lot of your posts to me now.
Yet they guy had the balls to go into that other thread acting like he was right about Manning.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 06:56 PM   #5309
bombay
Ring of Famer

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/misc.ph...osted&t=103916

The tebowers were in full on desperation. They really screwed up this website when that crappy qb was here. The Jets forum was smart: stuck them in their own little sandbox so they couldn't destroy every thread.

Last edited by bombay; 05-25-2013 at 06:59 PM..
Old 05-25-2013, 07:27 PM   #5310
bombay
Ring of Famer

Originally Posted by baja
OK I've read much of this thread and this is my take.

If the Bronco's dump Tebow because they have an old, injured HOA QB for a few years at best I will dump the Broncos as my favorite team of 41 years.

Tebow has earned his shot. If he doesn't get it F the Bronco organization. I don't want to be a fan of a classless organization. There is already too many classless persons playing the sport.

Darn it. Broncos lost a fan.
Old 05-25-2013, 07:33 PM   #5311
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Who do you want to be our quarterback in 2012.

Peyton Manning
*WARHORSE*, Aftermath, alkemical, alpine, Ambiguous, Archie, Arkansas Bronco, Arkie, Asso Wilson, Atwater His Ass, ayjackson, bendog, Blart, Blueflame, BoiseBluTurf, bombay, bowtown, bronco610, broncocalijohn, Broncojef, BroncoLifer, BroncoMatt, BroncoSojia, Broncos_OTM, Bronkota, campocorto, chawknz, chickennob2, ColoradoBuff, Cpntrips, crawdad, Crushaholic, cutback, cutthemdown, DarkHorse30, DBroncos4life, DENVERDUI55, DenverDynamite, DomCasual, Dos Rios, Drunk idiot kicker, Drunk Monkey, Drunken.Broncoholic, Dukes, Durango, El Minion, elsid13, Endy, enjolras, errand, extralife, Fedaykin, flynzebra, Frisian, ghwk, gmp, GoBroncos DownUnder, GoHAM, gotfredson, GreeleyGrizzley, Gutless Drunk, hkbroncos, hookemhess, Houshyamama, Hulamau, Jack1118son, Jason7730, JCMElway, JCsuperstar, Jekyll15Hyde, kamakazi_kal, Kaylore, KevinJames, Kid A, Killericon, KipCorrington25, lod01, lvbronco, maher_tyler, Majik, maven, mellow mood, Mightysmurf, NFLBRONCO, oubronco, peacepipe, pokenation, Prodigal19, Que, randomtask, Ratboy, razorwire77, rdskier, Requiem, Rohirrim, Rolandftw, Ronnie Tsunami, Sassy, scannon, Schism, Shananahan, Shoemaker, SimonFletcher73, Sinedog, SJ Bronco, Slade, SonOfLe-loLang, SouthStndJunkie, spdirty, Spider, SpringStein, Stagger Lee, STBumpkin, Steve Sewell, stoxman, StugotsIII, Taco John, TheDave, theedge111, thevance_82, Tim, TonyR, Turd_Ferguson, v2micca, vancejohnson82, yerner, Ziggy
127 72.57%

Tim Tebow
55CrushEm, Aardvark, Agamemnon, BabyTO, Broncbow, BroncoBeavis, Broncobiv, broncogary, Broncoman13, Casper Bronco, Chris, Cito Pelon, ColoradoDarin, crazyhorse, DAN_BRONCO_FAN, Darkdoc, db56, dbfan21, Dedhed, Doggcow, El Jué, go_broncos, GreatBronco16, HighCountryBronco, jacob2125, Jay3, Jesterhole, jet19, jmz313, joe9999, lcbronco, lonestar, MacGruder, Marshall Dumervil, meangene, MileHighMagic, montrose, mustangtoby, myMind, NUB, rbackfactory80, sisterhellfyre, SoCalBronco, TD30, The Moops, TheFullTebow, winstoncup bronco, ~Crash~
48 27.43%

Someone was keeping score?
Old 05-26-2013, 05:29 AM   #5312
Bmore Manning

Thank you for posting that Bombay. Looking at that list I am surprised by some of the names and where they fell on the list.

Also noticing several notable posters who didn't cast a vote..
Old 05-26-2013, 08:50 AM   #5313
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post

Also noticing several notable posters who didn't cast a vote..
Sometimes people miss these threads. I remember a few years ago there was one of these I didn't vote on. I don't remember the subject matter, but I honestly didn't see it.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 08:51 AM   #5314
WolfpackGuy
Call me, "Maybe"

Which Manning did the Broncos end up getting?
WolfpackGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:02 AM   #5315
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfpackGuy View Post
Which Manning did the Broncos end up getting?
Archie.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:23 AM   #5316
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Sometimes people miss these threads. I remember a few years ago there was one of these I didn't vote on. I don't remember the subject matter, but I honestly didn't see it.
that's probably true if we give people the benefit of the doubt....however another reason (just as probable given the way the Mane is) might have been they talked about their concerns or just plain trashed Manning and defended Tebow but didn't want their name on the record in case what happened actually happened.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:26 AM   #5317
Kaylore
Genetically Superior

Because I am better.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

There's also some who wanted to keep both. Or even neither. Those options weren't viable (well I guess neither was), but it could prevent votes.

Not totally on topic, but I am SO grateful the Teboners are gone with all their stupid conspiracy theories and relentless finger pointing at literally every person on the Broncos organization and beyond for every single problem Tebow had.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 09:28 AM   #5318
errand
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Looking at that list I am surprised by some of the names and where they fell on the list.
I wasn't surprised at all.......there were some who chose Manning despite having defended Tebow prior to Manning being released by the Colts, because they're not ignorant to the fact Manning was a huge improvement over Tebow.

The die hard Tebow fans however, did every thing they could to trash Elway, Manning, Fox etc. to defend their boy Timmy.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #5319
Bmore Manning

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Touché. And there will be polls and I just don't vote. But as hot a topic as that would have been last offseason, I'm sure the note able absent T posters on here conveyed there thoughts in the thread and just didn't vote.

I voted on a ESPN? poll that I wanted Peyton in San Francisco. With a real defense and running game, something Peyton never really had consistently in Indy, I thought they could have been an even more dominant force....

But... I am ecstatic that Peyton is in Denver and this is a wonderful organization and a really really good young team. I hope Peyton plays out his contract and Denver dominates the NFL. But just by looking at my vote for San Fran people would have been upset, which is why I don't usually partake in polls. It really doesn't give your thought process behind a decision.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:40 AM   #5320
Bmore Manning

Quote:
I wasn't surprised at all.......there were some who chose Manning despite having defended Tebow prior to Manning being released by the Colts, because they're not ignorant to the fact Manning was a huge improvement over Tebow.

The die hard Tebow fans however, did every thing they could to trash Elway, Manning, Fox etc. to defend their boy Timmy.
Well I wonder who they cheer for now?
Old 05-26-2013, 10:55 AM   #5321
Bacchus

Quote:
Touché. And there will be polls and I just don't vote. But as hot a topic as that would have been last offseason, I'm sure the note able absent T posters on here conveyed there thoughts in the thread and just didn't vote.

I voted on a ESPN? poll that I wanted Peyton in San Francisco. With a real defense and running game, something Peyton never really had consistently in Indy, I thought they could have been an even more dominant force....

But... I am ecstatic that Peyton is in Denver and this is a wonderful organization and a really really good young team. I hope Peyton plays out his contract and Denver dominates the NFL. But just by looking at my vote for San Fran people would have been upset, which is why I don't usually partake in polls. It really doesn't give your thought process behind a decision.
Looking at that list I didn't vote but I have always been on board with Manning. I am pretty smart like that.
Old 05-26-2013, 11:00 AM   #5322
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

What's amazing is that so many could get such an easy question so very wrong.
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:32 AM   #5323
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

I must not have seen it because I didn't vote. So I'll go ahead and vote now if you all don't mind.

My vote is for Tebow..............hahahaha, JK.

And I also wanted to get a post in on a thread with over 5000 replies.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 11:39 AM   #5324
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
What's amazing is that so many could get such an easy question so very wrong.
Excluding the obvious Teboners like MacGruder, etc., it's not so amazing when put into context. Peyton was a total unknown(to the public) concerning his health and arm strength. It was perceived at the time to be a big risk for the team in terms of money and the "Tebow" backlash.

I did not vote in that poll, and I can't remember why, but I really didn't believe that the Broncos were interested in PM at the time he was cut. However, when he first visited the Broncos, I got real excited because Elway was assuring us that the neck was of little concern and it was just a matter of time.

I do remember wanting the Broncos to try to keep Tebow as a back up, but now in hindsight realize that I should never second-guess Elway again, especially when it comes to QB's. He knows his stuff, and this whole episode is why i am real excited about OZ.

I think Elway may have pulled off another heist with this kid. We'll find out soon enough.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 12:08 PM   #5325
bombay
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombay View Post
Manning would be a great Bronco.

Hey! Post #145.