The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-2013, 09:17 AM   #26
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
Rho wants to cool the Earth but nation building sounds to hard and expensive.
This is basically Assad, Iran and Hezbollah fighting the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Queda. Who should we help?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:06 PM   #27
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsid13 View Post
I guess freedom is only good if you live in the US or Western Nation

It is messy but democracy is what we should be promoting everywhere and at all times. If you want less war and human abuse, then we need to continue to support the democratic process.
Cmon Egypt doesn't have freedom or a democratic process. How is it for Christians over there? Yet Obama sends them 100's of millions of our dollars then complains he can't afford to fix a bridge that fell down.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:08 PM   #28
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Egypt has more abuse now.
Old 05-24-2013, 12:55 PM   #29
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Despite a few tiffs as of recent, Christians and Muslims have usually gotten along in Egypt. Coptic traditions go back thousands of years.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:40 PM   #30
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
On strictly humanitarian grounds, I can't agree. For one thing, Putin is the most repugnant thug I can think of. Unfortunately, there seems to be no good alternative. Who knows what will come out of this civil war? Totally unpredictable. I can't agree with the policy of stability at all costs, though. Usually, the foundation of such a policy is simply the old dictum, "What's good for business..." Human beings have to start looking for other philosophical foundations for policy making. It's simply more greed-based thinking. I do agree that we have to exterminate religious fundamentalism. It's time to leave the Medieval world behind.

America has a hard time letting other countries decide their own fates. We need to start working on that. If we would become more energy self-sufficient, we would find that what happens in places like Syria is pretty much unimportant to us on most levels. I'm afraid we'll stick our noses in it just because Israel has such a long and successful history of dragging us into its business. We should provide humanitarian aid where possible. That's it.

I wonder when the American government is going to start nation-building in America?
Putin is no worse than GW Bush. Probably a lot smarter.

You should review the 1990s -- how the west raped Russia with the approval of the drunk Yeltsin, who bombed his own Parliament.

Enter Putin just in time to restore Russian control over Russia. Despite whatever distaste you may have for him, Putin saved Russia from the western banksters.

MHG
mhgaffney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #31
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
This is basically Assad, Iran and Hezbollah fighting the Muslim Brotherhood and Al Queda. Who should we help?
Well, cut DID say that the police would need all the help they could get if a bunch of guys fanned out with assault rifles. So I suppose that means we should be shipping AR15s to everyone over there?
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 02:54 PM   #32
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
Well, cut DID say that the police would need all the help they could get if a bunch of guys fanned out with assault rifles. So I suppose that means we should be shipping AR15s to everyone over there?
Just explain to them what a great life they could have managing a theater and be done with it. Just don't show anything about the prophet or they will do a terrorists errrrrr I mean a spontaneous demonstration.
Old 05-24-2013, 02:55 PM   #33
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Despite a few tiffs as of recent, Christians and Muslims have usually gotten along in Egypt. Coptic traditions go back thousands of years.
It's been really bad for them since the Islamists took over. Do you even read the news?
Old 05-24-2013, 04:26 PM   #34
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
It's been really bad for them since the Islamists took over. Do you even read the news?
My knowledge of historical and present day Egypt and the ethnic or sectarian violence that exists there dwarfs yours. Don't try and kid yourself otherwise. Play me an E blues scale ma****a!
Old 05-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #35
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
Putin is no worse than GW Bush. Probably a lot smarter.

You should review the 1990s -- how the west raped Russia with the approval of the drunk Yeltsin, who bombed his own Parliament.

Enter Putin just in time to restore Russian control over Russia. Despite whatever distaste you may have for him, Putin saved Russia from the western banksters.

MHG
He "saved" Russia for himself and his old KGB cronies.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:35 PM   #36
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
You just crack me up sometimes.
Thanks Roh laughing and humor are one of the most important things we have. It makes me feel good to know you have a better time because of me. This doesn't mean we are dating though.
Old 05-24-2013, 04:50 PM   #37
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
He "saved" Russia for himself and his old KGB cronies.
A Brookings scholar referred to the West's rape of Russia in the 1990s as "the largest theft of a nation's wealth during a short period of time in all of world history..." Words to that effect.

Just one US bank, the Bank of New York, laundered as much as $22 billion out of Russia over a period of several years.

The money laundry was set up with the blessing of the US intelligence community -- whose main goal was to insure that Russia would never rise again to challenge the US.

The laundry was part of a covert program-- probably set up by HW Bush during his presidency -- and had a number of parts. One was to support a coup against Gorby. Another was to seize western control of Russia's gas/oil wealth.

Putin was the Russian response to this covert agenda. Like him or not -- he returned control of Russia's wealth to Russia.

MHG
Old 05-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #38
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhgaffney View Post
A Brookings scholar referred to the West's rape of Russia in the 1990s as "the largest theft of a nation's wealth during a short period of time in all of world history..." Words to that effect.

Just one US bank, the Bank of New York, laundered as much as $22 billion out of Russia over a period of several years.

The money laundry was set up with the blessing of the US intelligence community -- whose main goal was to insure that Russia would never rise again to challenge the US.

The laundry was part of a covert program-- probably set up by HW Bush during his presidency -- and had a number of parts. One was to support a coup against Gorby. Another was to seize western control of Russia's gas/oil wealth.

Putin was the Russian response to this covert agenda. Like him or not -- he returned control of Russia's wealth to Russia.

MHG
You mean it was a... a conspiracy?! What a shocker!

Odd that you purport to support democracy and yet seem to continually favor people like Putin, Hugo Chavez and Ahmadijihadi.

I'm guessing you think Fidel is a pretty cool guy too, eh?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #39
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
My knowledge of historical and present day Egypt and the ethnic or sectarian violence that exists there dwarfs yours. Don't try and kid yourself otherwise. Play me an E blues scale ma****a!
Funny you mention music and Egypt. I did 3 cruises down the Nile playing music. I am an amatuer on the Egyptian Nay flute but just good enough to get by. That coupled with my sax playing in the big band and dance bands got me the job. I was there for about 10 months and even lived off ship for 3 months with a friend I met from Turkey who was also a musician. Egyptians back then were super friendly. It was the 90's and things were probably better. Truthfully they didn't seem as religious as they do in the news now. My friend from Turkey has an Egyptian wife. Seriously i will try and call him and ask first hand hows it going but I think he is living in Dubai so he probably won't know lol. I'm sure his wifes family is still there. To find him i would have to go through a couple friends I know stayed in better touch with him but this thread has me fired up to find him.

Thats whats great about music it makes way more friends then religion or politics ever will.

So Req what Egyptian instruments can you play?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:20 PM   #40
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We would all go down to this little smoking bar by the river and smoke tobacco in Hookas while we drank Qasab and Coffee. You haven't had coffee until you have had coffee in N Africa or the mideast. Its like crack cocaine only stronger.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:26 PM   #41
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Whatever though Req I am sure you know a lot about it if you studied it. But that really doesn't matter when you hear stories about what Egypt is like right now. Things are really bad there and the Islamists scared a lot of people into not voting, or voting for them. You you doubt that?
Old 05-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #42
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Whatever though Req I am sure you know a lot about it if you studied it. But that really doesn't matter when you hear stories about what Egypt is like right now. Things are really bad there and the Islamists scared a lot of people into not voting, or voting for them. You you doubt that?
No, I don't doubt Islamic radicals oppressing Coptics/Christians in Egypt. You just seem to think that this is as bad as it has ever been, when that is certainly not the case.

FWIW: I've had the pleasure of playing a Lute and Lyre, but do not own either. A Lute would be excellent to own, but they are quite expensive. (The good ones.) A Lyre is meh.

Working on building effects pedals with a friend of mine and hope to get an EP done sometime by mid-July/end of August.

Cool story about your time in Egypt. Did you bang hos on the Sphinx?
Old 05-25-2013, 02:10 PM   #43
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:

Odd that you purport to support democracy and yet seem to continually favor people like Putin, Hugo Chavez and Ahmadijihadi.

gaffe is no democrat. He think we're all too stupid to have a say in how our government works. Fits with his misanthropy.

If he existed in 1930 in Germany, he'd be slobbering all over Hitler. He would be one of Stalin's henchmen. He'd proudly execute "enemies" of the state when ordered to do so.

gaffe has no moral compass except the worship of raw power exercised brutally.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 05:46 PM   #44
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:

You have a warped world view. You probably think the US is a democracy.

Conspiracies do happen. Under Reagan and HW Bush the US hatched a conspiracy to destroy the USSR -- by manipulating down the world price of oil. It worked.

Using naked shorts -- CIA connected banksters manipulated down the price of oil -- which cut deeply into the Soviets revenue stream. The USSR went broke in 1991.

Check out THE OIL CARD by James Norman.
http://www.amazon.com/Oil-Card-Econo...s=the+oil+card

A similar conspiracy -- by the Fed is ongoing as we speak -- to force down the price of gold/silver -- even in the face of rising demand. Check out the recent pieces by Paul Craig Roberts.

Oh but I forgot -- you don't do research.

MHG
Old 05-25-2013, 05:54 PM   #45
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Most people view the coming down of the Berlin Wall and the end of the USSR as Good Things.

gaffe wept.

He hates us so much that he cries when our enemies are defeated.
Old 05-25-2013, 08:30 PM   #46
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Gaffo is upset that the USSR collapsed?
Old 05-25-2013, 08:37 PM   #47
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Yep. Anything, no matter how evil, that is opposed to the US, is the good.

He hates this country that deeply. Why else would he be so gleeful about what he thinks is our imminent demise. He's a cheerleader for the death of America.

The "man" is ****ed in the head, bigtime.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:44 PM   #48
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

****en A if Reagan really was that smart to screw the USSR then I would think he gets that much more popular.
Old 05-25-2013, 09:46 PM   #49
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

I think it was more just timing. Communism will always fail and I guess whoever at the switch when it happens can take credit. One day it will be Cuba. I would think at some point some President really decides to end the embargo no? Eventually all the Cubans who got screwed out of property will be dead and there grandkids might not care as much anymore. My friend got to go to Cuba on a humanitarian thing she does through red cross. She is a social worker. She took a picture with my bands tshirt on in John Lennon Park in Havanna. Pretty cool pic.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:10 PM   #50
mhgaffney
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You apparently approve of raping other nations in the guise of freedom.

No surprise -- given your history on the OM.