The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2013, 10:17 AM   #4751
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Derek Wolfe - DL - Broncos

Broncos LE Derek Wolfe is taking on a leadership role in his second season with the team.
Both Champ Bailey and Von Miller singled out Wolfe as an emerging team leader, and predict he'll "take the next step," as a player this season. Wolfe led Denver's defensive line in snaps as a rookie, recording 40 tackles, six sacks and batted down two passes. There's been nothing but positive buzz surrounding Wolfe this offseason, and it's expected he'll improve upon those numbers in year two.
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:14 AM   #4752
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
No he, won't. He sucks because he's white.

-Alfred Williams.


bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:23 AM   #4753
crush17
"Born A Broncos Fan"
 
crush17's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Denver, CO
Posts: 6,877

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Rick Upchurch
Default

Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic?
crush17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:25 AM   #4754
bronco militia
made a business decision"
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: 719
Posts: 28,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic?
not anymore
bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #4755
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Ndamukong Suh - DL - Lions

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh would cost roughly $25.7 million to franchise tag as a free agent in 2015.
The final year of Suh's rookie deal in 2014 carries a hard-to-believe $21.4 million cap number, making him all but impossible to franchise tag when he reaches free agency. It means the Lions will have to get Suh locked up before the end of next season if they want to prevent him from reaching the open market. A dominant if mercurial force, the Lions should make every effort to keep the No. 2 overall pick of the 2010 draft.

wow
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:27 PM   #4756
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Ndamukong Suh - DL - Lions

Lions DT Ndamukong Suh would cost roughly $25.7 million to franchise tag as a free agent in 2015.
The final year of Suh's rookie deal in 2014 carries a hard-to-believe $21.4 million cap number, making him all but impossible to franchise tag when he reaches free agency. It means the Lions will have to get Suh locked up before the end of next season if they want to prevent him from reaching the open market. A dominant if mercurial force, the Lions should make every effort to keep the No. 2 overall pick of the 2010 draft.

wow
anyone think Suh is worth this kind of money? Outside of his rookie year, I don't recall him "dominating" like the way Watts has been dominating.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 02:38 PM   #4757
Rohirrim
Partisan
 
Rohirrim's Avatar
 
Got to see Lady Gaga

Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Twixt Hell & Highwater
Posts: 64,594

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Shaq Barrett
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
not anymore
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 07:40 PM   #4758
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

WAtt only had one good year, like suh did. His was better but both have had one good year. Suh has been in the league longer tho. I'd personally freaking love to give him a long term deal but I don't think we will have the cap unless we win it all this year and champ hangs em up.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:32 PM   #4759
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera
 
cutthemdown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 37,267
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by crush17 View Post
Isn't Zimmerman Hispanic?
No we had this yrs racial draft. The whites wanted half mexican jessica Alba named to the white team. The mexicans would only do it if we took Zimmerman also. Oh well she is hot and totally worth it. Hopefully the whitey Zimmerman gets off now.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #4760
IndelibleScribe
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
IndelibleScribe's Avatar
 
Commitment or Fear

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 25,049
Default

how do you **** up that bad and give a cap number that high on the end of a contract when you may have to franchise the guy? wow that's dumb.
IndelibleScribe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 08:53 PM   #4761
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 32,305

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
how do you **** up that bad and give a cap number that high on the end of a contract when you may have to franchise the guy? wow that's dumb.
Suh's? He reworked it so they could free up money. Now they are F'd.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #4762
BroncoBuff
**************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,196

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

Now I've heard everything, "Watt had just one good year."

That's like saying "Neil Armstrong had just one good space flight."
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #4763
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Now I've heard everything, "Watt had just one good year."

That's like saying "Neil Armstrong had just one good space flight."
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 09:21 AM   #4764
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
Now I've heard everything, "Watt had just one good year."

That's like saying "Neil Armstrong had just one good space flight."


Do you disagree? How many exactly, good years has he had then?
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 06:37 AM   #4765
BroncoBuff
**************
 
BroncoBuff's Avatar
 

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Seattle
Posts: 27,196

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jordan Taylor
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Do you disagree? How many exactly, good years has he had then?
He's only played two ...
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 07:11 AM   #4766
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
He's only played two ...
He's played three years. His year last year wasn't bad bust certainly not worth what he's getting:

8 Sacks, 25 tackles, 10 assisted, 2 passes defensed.

For comparison, Derek Wolfe had:

6 Sacks, 26 tackles, 14 assists and 2 passes defensed.


Awooooooooooooo!
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 10:49 AM   #4767
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
He's referring to Watt, not Suh.
Oh I got the posts crossed.
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM   #4768
ZONA
Ring of Famer
 
ZONA's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 13,414

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
He's played three years. His year last year wasn't bad bust certainly not worth what he's getting:

8 Sacks, 25 tackles, 10 assisted, 2 passes defensed.

For comparison, Derek Wolfe had:

6 Sacks, 26 tackles, 14 assists and 2 passes defensed.


Awooooooooooooo!
True but Suh is a DT where Wolf has mostly been at End. 8 sacks for a DT is damn good.
ZONA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:45 AM   #4769
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBuff View Post
He's only played two ...
Right.

One good year, like I said. Not sure what your point is unless you are trying to argue the semantics of the term good. Sure, another word such as magnificent, amazing, epic, might be more accurate to depict his last year, but it does not change the fact that he has had one good year like Suh did.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 11:46 AM   #4770
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZONA View Post
True but Suh is a DT where Wolf has mostly been at End. 8 sacks for a DT is damn good.


Do we know where his sacks came from though? As an end or a DT?

I have no clue.
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:20 PM   #4771
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
Right.

One good year, like I said. Not sure what your point is unless you are trying to argue the semantics of the term good. Sure, another word such as magnificent, amazing, epic, might be more accurate to depict his last year, but it does not change the fact that he has had one good year like Suh did.
Suh has a total of 22 sacks over 3 years. Watt has a total of 27 sacks over 2 years.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:27 PM   #4772
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Suh has a total of 22 sacks over 3 years. Watt has a total of 27 sacks over 2 years.
How many players has Watts stomped on tho?
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:34 PM   #4773
underrated29
Ahoy
 
You lika da sexy

Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 3,296

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
Suh has a total of 22 sacks over 3 years. Watt has a total of 27 sacks over 2 years.


And if I am not mistaken most of their sacks came from each of their one good year, right?

watt with his 21 or whatever he had last year
and
Suh with his 12 or whatever he had his rook? year
underrated29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:40 PM   #4774
Kaylore
Three Lombardis
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
This one's for Pat

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 51,291

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
And if I am not mistaken most of their sacks came from each of their one good year, right?

watt with his 21 or whatever he had last year
and
Suh with his 12 or whatever he had his rook? year
So one is trending up and one is trending down....
Kaylore is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 02:49 PM   #4775
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer
 
Tombstone RJ's Avatar
 
Old School

Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: In the Tetons!
Posts: 25,258

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
And if I am not mistaken most of their sacks came from each of their one good year, right?

watt with his 21 or whatever he had last year
and
Suh with his 12 or whatever he had his rook? year
Suh has had one year with double digit sacks and that was his rookie year when he had 10 sacks. It will definitely be interesting to see if Watt can get double digit sacks his 3rd year, if so, then he is the best DT in the NFL. If not, it may prove he's coming back down to earth.
Tombstone RJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:14 PM.


Denver Broncos