The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 09:33 PM   #251
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Charles Woodson - DB - Raiders

The Denver Post reports the Broncos made Charles Woodson a one-year offer worth a maximum of $3.7 million through "reachable incentives."
Woodson's Raiders deal is worth a max of $4.3 million, though it's unknown how "reachable" the incentives are. He'll make a base salary of $1.8 million, and brought home a $700,000 signing bonus. Unless the Broncos' base offer was dramatically lower, it's definitely surprising Woodson chose the cellar-dwelling Raiders over Denver based on a theoretical extra $600,000. Money talks.

600k! Wow
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:36 PM   #252
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Location Location Location
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:46 PM   #253
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Location Location Location
taxes, taxes, taxes He probably will make less money to play on a baseball field.
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #254
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
taxes, taxes, taxes He probably will make less money to play on a baseball field.
My bet is he wants to be near his home base.

It's clearly not about money or getting a ring
Old 05-21-2013, 09:49 PM   #255
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Taxes out here are ridiculous. Phil Mickelson is right. I'm sure he knows all about it though having a business in cali

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-21-2013 at 09:51 PM..
Old 05-21-2013, 10:38 PM   #256
Baba Booey
twitter: @dpieza

HURRY HURRY!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Guess he doesn't want a shot at another ring. Oh well.
Baba Booey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #257
Dexter
Pro Bowler

Bay Harbor Butcher

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:10 AM   #258
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:37 AM   #259
rmsanger
Ring of Famer

Another one bites the dust!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm not mad at him, if this is the best fit for him to go retire then good for him.
rmsanger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:10 AM   #260
FireFly
Ring of Famer

The window is open!

There were a lot of posters on this board that wanted him.

Truth is, I don't think it was the money and it definitely wasn't the chance of a ring, I honestly think that the raider nation turning out in numbers when he arrived at their facility cheering for him and asking him to return is what swayed him to sign there.

There's no feeling in the world like the feeling of being wanted, adored and loved. Just ask Dumerville!
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:29 AM   #261
Drunk Monkey
Mars b****es!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
There were a lot of posters on this board that wanted him.

Truth is, I don't think it was the money and it definitely wasn't the chance of a ring, I honestly think that the raider nation turning out in numbers when he arrived at their facility cheering for him and asking him to return is what swayed him to sign there.

There's no feeling in the world like the feeling of being wanted, adored and loved. Just ask Dumerville!
Lolz, it was the money. It is always the money especially in football. Pro football athletes are paid crap compared to basketball or baseball. He knows that extra 600K will go a long way when he is done earning a pay check.

I for one am glad we didn't get him. As someone else posted, him playing would come at the expense of developing a longer term solution. I also think he is done.
Drunk Monkey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 05:17 AM   #262
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

That's a shame. The guy was DPOY a few years ago. We're definitely contenders, but a healthy season out of him could've really put us over the top.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:33 AM   #263
Broncojef
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
That's a shame. The guy was DPOY a few years ago. We're definitely contenders, but a healthy season out of him could've really put us over the top.
I was hoping as well, any contributing asset at this point just makes us that much more tough and provides depth. I still don't understand the people saying this move would have hampered the development of others we currently have. We are in a win this year scenario and I could care less about developing personnel. Get the Championship now. You can develop something in a year that doesn't matter.
Broncojef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:48 PM   #264
Raider Bill

Quote:
Charles Woodson - DB - Raiders

The Denver Post reports the Broncos made Charles Woodson a one-year offer worth a maximum of $3.7 million through "reachable incentives."
Woodson's Raiders deal is worth a max of $4.3 million, though it's unknown how "reachable" the incentives are. He'll make a base salary of $1.8 million, and brought home a $700,000 signing bonus. Unless the Broncos' base offer was dramatically lower, it's definitely surprising Woodson chose the cellar-dwelling Raiders over Denver based on a theoretical extra $600,000. Money talks.

600k! Wow
What's so funny...? He didn't want to muck out the stables in Dungver.

We're only paying him 1.64 million in salary/Sb and 160K in likely to be earned incentives... the other 2.5 million is NLTBE incentives that he'll never see.
Raider Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:58 PM   #265
CEH
Ring of Famer

He has his ring. He has a winery in Napa. Take the extra cash. You can never get that back
CEH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:59 PM   #266
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider Bill View Post

We're only paying him 1.64 million in salary/Sb and 160K in likely to be earned incentives... the other 2.5 million is NLTBE incentives that he'll never see.
You really don't get what's so funny? Have you looked at your team?
Old 05-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #267
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:

What's so funny? Seriously he took 600k more to go play for a HS team. I mean your team is horse ****.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #268
RaiderH8r
In The Bag

Don't worry. Nobody's listening.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MethWolfe

Quote:
What's so funny? Seriously he took 600k more to go play for a HS team. I mean your team is horse ****.
So I guess instead of "mucking" the **** out of stables he prefers to wallow in it instead.
RaiderH8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 08:38 PM   #269
Bacchus

I think it is obvious he did not care about winning. I think it is obvious he didn't do this for the money. I think it is obvious that just going home and getting more playing time is what got him to go to Oakland. In Denver they were going to put him at safety in nickle and dime situations and blitz him regularly. He is one of the best blitzing CBs to ever play. In Oakland I think he will have a legitimate chance at starting at CB or nickle back. He'll play a lot more in Oakland and he'll be the big fish in the little pond. Who knows he might get Oakland a win over KC or SD.

Good for him. I like Denver's backfield the way it is.
Old 05-22-2013, 08:58 PM   #270
R8R H8R
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Virgil Green

I always had the attitude that I would be fine with the signing, but not upset about it if he didn't. Ok if he did, ok if he didn't.
R8R H8R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:02 PM   #271
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:

Generally speaking aging players like to have one more realistic run towards winning a championship. It's not funny, but odd that Woodson would favor playing for the worst team in the NFL over the betting favorite to win the Superbowl. Of course, I guess wine-making is serious business.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:03 PM   #272
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by R8R H8R View Post
I always had the attitude that I would be fine with the signing, but not upset about it if he didn't. Ok if he did, ok if he didn't.
I want Denver to stand pat and work with what they have. There are going to be some very goo dplayers cut by other teams after training camp. Save the money for an instant impact kinda player.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:09 PM   #273
baja
Pat Bowlen

The best owner ever

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chase Vaughn

Quote:

Woodson knew he was just going to embarrass himself if he came to a really good team like Denver. He did the safe thing, take the money go home and play for a team where your play doesn't matter that much.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:41 PM   #274
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

It's not funny or hard to figure out. The Broncos offer was very low. Raiders offer is also low. Why? It's because the tape since 2011 shows a guy who is going down hill. He has smarts no doubt but he won't hold up this yr at a demanding position like SS. He won't protect the deep sidelines all yr at FS.

This is great news for Denver. Raiders defense is going to stink this yr. They won't get any pressure. Teams are going to torch the Raiders secondary all yr long. Start every QB and number 1, 2 WR that play against them each week in fantasy. The RB's as well.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:45 PM   #275
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Broncos probably told Woodson he would take over Leonards role from last yr. Raiders they said you will start, be the leader of the secondary. The ego in him would rather not be a role player.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote