The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 08:43 PM   #1
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default X-Box One - Microsoft's entertainment system

Basically they built a media hub controlled with motion and voice commands. I'm surprised no one has started a thread about this. And I guess the details of used games are still a bit hazy right now. They shot down the always online rumor, and they are saying you can buy used games but since all games are installed on the system, they will force you to uninstall before you can sell it, I guess.

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/21/xb...a-first-every/
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 08:49 PM   #2
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
Where is Amazon!

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 34,343

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums
Default

Please tell me I can control it by saying "Make it so" rather than "Punch it"
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #3
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

I found the reading your heartbeat very cool. Also, I am very curious how the live TV works. Early word is a pass through HDMI will allow you to interface with your SAT or cable. I am hoping this also a platform that will replace sat and cable.

The retro game stuff is much ado about nothing. They will probably port them over time. Keep your old console if you want to play your old games.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:50 PM   #4
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

I found the name of it to be retarded. From Xbox to Xbox 360 to Xbox One.

Guess Xbox Two is neXt.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #5
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,462
Default

Damn you Kaylore...was about to post this.

I generally hate Xbox. Not into the whole Sony vs Microsoft thing. From what I have read about Xbox One, I think I'll pass. What Microsoft is considering (users cannot remove the HD, mandatory HD installs, possible fees for used games and a focus away from games) would make me consider putting my money elsewhere.

And I would not put it past Microsoft to slip in the always online stupidity. From ign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...net-connection

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:52 PM   #6
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 23,048

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Looks like a VCR you'd toss in old VHS porno flicks into and is probably going to be a piece of **** system like the 360 was.

It's a money dump, as Chris mentioned above. Waste of $. Waste of resources. Nothing spectacular about it.

Next system up: PS4.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:53 PM   #7
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
I found the reading your heartbeat very cool. Also, I am very curious how the live TV works. Early word is a pass through HDMI will allow you to interface with your SAT or cable. I am hoping this also a platform that will replace sat and cable.

The retro game stuff is much ado about nothing. They will probably port them over time. Keep your old console if you want to play your old games.
It has three systems running it which allow it to flip between the different games, shows, movies and music instantly. My only question is what about using DVR or features specific to the TV carrier you are using? I guess E3 will reveal more.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:54 PM   #8
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Looks like a VCR you'd toss in old VHS porno flicks into and is probably going to be a piece of **** system like the 360 was.

It's a money dump, as Chris mentioned above. Waste of $. Waste of resources. Nothing spectacular about it.

Next system up: PS4.

When I saw the pictures of the new Xbox I thought of a PS3 squared off with the disc drive flipped to the other side.

PS4 is what I am getting this Christmas. Followed by Infamous: Second Son.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:55 PM   #9
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Damn you Kaylore...was about to post this.

I generally hate Xbox. Not into the whole Sony vs Microsoft thing. From what I have read about Xbox One, I think I'll pass. What Microsoft is considering (users cannot remove the HD, mandatory HD installs, possible fees for used games and a focus away from games) would make me consider putting my money elsewhere.

And I would not put it past Microsoft to slip in the always online stupidity. From ign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...net-connection

the always online is bunk, but I only play online games, so I could really care less.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #10
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus
 
UberBroncoMan's Avatar
 
2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7,805

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Looks like a VCR you'd toss in old VHS porno flicks into and is probably going to be a piece of **** system like the 360 was.

It's a money dump, as Chris mentioned above. Waste of $. Waste of resources. Nothing spectacular about it.

Next system up: PS4.
The ****?

SNES all the way!
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:56 PM   #11
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Damn you Kaylore...was about to post this.

I generally hate Xbox. Not into the whole Sony vs Microsoft thing. From what I have read about Xbox One, I think I'll pass. What Microsoft is considering (users cannot remove the HD, mandatory HD installs, possible fees for used games and a focus away from games) would make me consider putting my money elsewhere.

And I would not put it past Microsoft to slip in the always online stupidity. From ign: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/05/...net-connection

They've come out saying the always online isn't mandatory for games, but probably will be for other features. They also put to bed the rumor that they are going to require fees for used games. It will likely need to be uninstalled from your system before you can resell it, or rather, before it can be reinstalled on another system, though.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:57 PM   #12
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
the always online is bunk, but I only play online games, so I could really care less.

Also depends on the definition of always online. My PS3 is always online, but it is not required to play. Recently bought Sim City, which is an always online game. Its a pain in the ass if my internet goes out. Sometimes I dont want to interact with 13 year old dweebs.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #13
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhcyennek81 View Post
Also depends on the definition of always online. My PS3 is always online, but it is not required to play. Recently bought Sim City, which is an always online game. Its a pain in the ass if my internet goes out. Sometimes I dont want to interact with 13 year old dweebs.

Well that's on the game designers, in those instances.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:59 PM   #14
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
It has three systems running it which allow it to flip between the different games, shows, movies and music instantly. My only question is what about using DVR or features specific to the TV carrier you are using? I guess E3 will reveal more.
Me too on the DVR. I really think they are setting up to be a content provider. The story about the halo TV show coming to xbox live users is proof they are looking to be a content distributor. I expect to watch NFL games, local TV through this thing with nothing more than an internet connection. Co
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:00 PM   #15
Archer81
Optimum Homo
 
Archer81's Avatar
 
Tactical Neck.

Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Colorado
Posts: 22,462
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
Well that's on the game designers, in those instances.

EA. Which pretty much explains it.

The new kinect is cool though.

Archer81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 09:03 PM   #16
Kaylore
Greatest owner in Denver
 
Kaylore's Avatar
 
6 AFCC's 2 SB's!!

Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Ceti Alpha V
Posts: 45,463

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Me too on the DVR. I really think they are setting up to be a content provider. The story about the halo TV show coming to xbox live users is proof they are looking to be a content distributor. I expect to watch NFL games, local TV through this thing with nothing more than an internet connection. Co
No quesetion. The old way of getting media - networks and service providers - is dying. Everyone gets things over the internet so you have groups like Sony, Netflix and Hulu creating their own content in addition to securing rights to series'. In ten years you'll probably have internet "channels" that you subscribe to. Once live sports goes internet, the entire network setup will implode if they haven't adapted already.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #17
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

Xbox zero is for amateurs.

PS4 will blow the Xbox zero out of the water.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:06 PM   #18
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Xbox zero is for amateurs.

PS4 will blow the Xbox zero out of the water.
I love the Blu ray of a PS. That pays for itself right there
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:43 PM   #19
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

I watched it, and was like "Oh look at all the neat features I won't use."

I'm also not sure how much I'd actually multi-task. Depending on the games I guess I may eventually buy one. Probably will just get a new PC first though.

And if I do get one, call me old fashioned but I'll probably still use the controller over using my voice or hand motions lol. There's something awkward about talking to a machine.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 10:54 PM   #20
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board
 
Jetmeck's Avatar
 

Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 6,291
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Looks like a VCR you'd toss in old VHS porno flicks into and is probably going to be a piece of **** system like the 360 was.

It's a money dump, as Chris mentioned above. Waste of $. Waste of resources. Nothing spectacular about it.

Next system up: PS4.

There is nothing wrong with the 360 or PS3, but with these new ones THEY ARE TRYING TO HARD TO CONTROL USED GAMES so they can keep you paying 60 bucks a pop.

Also is it a gawd damn game console or a frickin computer...........

Alot of BS you don't need............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:09 PM   #21
Dexter
Pro Bowler
 
Dexter's Avatar
 
Bay Harbor Butcher

Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 647

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
There is nothing wrong with the 360 or PS3, but with these new ones THEY ARE TRYING TO HARD TO CONTROL USED GAMES so they can keep you paying 60 bucks a pop.

Also is it a gawd damn game console or a frickin computer...........

Alot of BS you don't need............
I kinda agree with this. I just want a console with better graphics lol. If im going to blow the kind of money this is likely to cost, I should just buy a new desktop lol.
Dexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 PM   #22
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
There is nothing wrong with the 360 or PS3, but with these new ones THEY ARE TRYING TO HARD TO CONTROL USED GAMES so they can keep you paying 60 bucks a pop.

Also is it a gawd damn game console or a frickin computer...........

Alot of BS you don't need............
It always was a computer. Now that it is x86 under the hood, I would be surprised for better port capability between PC and Xbox platforms.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 PM   #23
24champ
Livin' the dream!
 
24champ's Avatar
 
Keep Calm and Chive on

Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Southern California
Posts: 19,634

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual
Default

24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:34 PM   #24
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Not that you have an opinion or anything.
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 11:35 PM   #25
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer
 
Wes Mantooth's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 2,836
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
I love the Blu ray of a PS. That pays for itself right there
Blue ray on the Xbox now too
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:11 AM.


Denver Broncos