The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2013, 02:34 PM   #76
Rabb
No Luca, No!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Dynamite Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
so a cross eyed 6'7" qb is perfection?
Can we get him and Orlando Franklin to swap eyes?
Rabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:49 PM   #77
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm telling people he's almost seven feet tall.
That is what I have been telling women for years about my dick.....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:50 PM   #78
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
That is what I have been telling women for years about my dick.....
....and you wonder why you are not getting any
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:53 PM   #79
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

On Day 2 of #Broncos OTAs (closed to media), rookie RB @MonteeBall spent time after practice working one-on-one with Peyton Manning.

Von Miller said he's working to improve his conditioning so he can stay on the field every snap. Wants to be in shape to play offense too.

Woodyard said he talked to current crop of undrafted players. Said they were surprised to learn he wasn't drafted either.

Del Rio singled out Derek Wolfe as a player, along w/ Woodyard and Bailey, who will be a defensive leader.

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones

Harris: "(Welker) is one of the best slot receivers, and I think I'm one of the best slot corners."

Harris said he went against Welker "a lot" today in OTAs

Harris says the CB "boot camp" he went through in Dallas helped him become more "technically sound." Added 5 lbs. this year, he says

Von Miller thinks Derek Wolfe "is going to have an amazing year" this year. Miller says he probably took 3-4 sacks from Wolfe in '12

Woodyard says Irving "is learning" to be a vocal leader. Woodyard adds he's "taken a back seat" to let Irving make calls during OTAs.

Del Rio on DTs: Vickerson "needs to play better." Knighton "needs to play better." Williams "has got a ways to go" but "is a quick learner."

Del Rio, on Terrance Knighton: "I refer to him as a dancing-bear type," because he has light feet & can "go sideline to sideline."

Del Rio, on Derek Wolfe: "It (his rookie season) is not enough for him. He wants more."

Del Rio: Pressure must come from all areas. "If you spend too much time (blocking) Von, we're going to try to hit you from the backside."

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver

Von is pretty funny talking about playing offense. Says he can't throw. Also MORE praise for d Wolfe. He's already A leader. Man, u can't find somebody to not HiGHLY praise Wolfe. Von not really a rah rah guy on field

Del Rio on phillips. Where he fits - he will compete at linebacker and d end. He will be on field with Von

https://twitter.com/dmac1043
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #80
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Go Methwolfe!

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:03 PM   #81
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gutless Drunk View Post
On Day 2 of #Broncos OTAs (closed to media), rookie RB @MonteeBall spent time after practice working one-on-one with Peyton Manning.

Von Miller said he's working to improve his conditioning so he can stay on the field every snap. Wants to be in shape to play offense too.

Woodyard said he talked to current crop of undrafted players. Said they were surprised to learn he wasn't drafted either.

Del Rio singled out Derek Wolfe as a player, along w/ Woodyard and Bailey, who will be a defensive leader.

https://twitter.com/bylindsayhjones

Harris: "(Welker) is one of the best slot receivers, and I think I'm one of the best slot corners."

Harris said he went against Welker "a lot" today in OTAs

Harris says the CB "boot camp" he went through in Dallas helped him become more "technically sound." Added 5 lbs. this year, he says

Von Miller thinks Derek Wolfe "is going to have an amazing year" this year. Miller says he probably took 3-4 sacks from Wolfe in '12

Woodyard says Irving "is learning" to be a vocal leader. Woodyard adds he's "taken a back seat" to let Irving make calls during OTAs.

Del Rio on DTs: Vickerson "needs to play better." Knighton "needs to play better." Williams "has got a ways to go" but "is a quick learner."

Del Rio, on Terrance Knighton: "I refer to him as a dancing-bear type," because he has light feet & can "go sideline to sideline."

Del Rio, on Derek Wolfe: "It (his rookie season) is not enough for him. He wants more."

Del Rio: Pressure must come from all areas. "If you spend too much time (blocking) Von, we're going to try to hit you from the backside."

https://twitter.com/MaseDenver

Von is pretty funny talking about playing offense. Says he can't throw. Also MORE praise for d Wolfe. He's already A leader. Man, u can't find somebody to not HiGHLY praise Wolfe. Von not really a rah rah guy on field

Del Rio on phillips. Where he fits - he will compete at linebacker and d end. He will be on field with Von

https://twitter.com/dmac1043
Like that
Old 05-21-2013, 03:08 PM   #82
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Probably one that is good at looking defenders off. There hasn't been too many 6'7"ish QB's in the history of the game playing QB. I think it was under 10 players. Maybe that is a big reason, maybe they play BB instead. Gruden said if he could master that he will have a huge advantage due to his size. The moment he starts locking onto WR's though he will struggle.
I think the big reason there arent many 6'8" QBs is because there's not many 6'8 people in the world.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:15 PM   #83
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think the big reason there arent many 6'8" QBs is because there's not many 6'8 people in the world.
I think it's because if you're 6'8" and athletic you play basket ball or TE.
Old 05-21-2013, 03:34 PM   #84
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
....and you wonder why you are not getting any
I don't wonder....
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:36 PM   #85
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
I don't wonder....
ha!
Old 05-21-2013, 04:22 PM   #86
BroncosfanGuy

Quote:
I think it's because if you're 6'8" and athletic you play basket ball or TE.
makes sense. so since Oz is roughly 6'9" do you think he's too tall to play TE and is playing qb instead of TE?
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #87
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabb View Post
Can we get him and Orlando Franklin to swap eyes?
It would be great for him to enjoy the baseball aspect of sports.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:47 PM   #88
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Jack Del Rio must like the shard hookup he has got to give Methwolfe all those Awooooos!
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:54 PM   #89
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Reward Von with a couple RZ TD receptions.

Added bonus: enraged fantasy football players
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:55 PM   #90
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

"In his 15th year he says, 'to hell with it'"

http://youtu.be/6IhGDCQBtuw
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:13 PM   #91
ghwk
Ring of Famer

Survivor survivor!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton's C3-C5

Oh man did I enjoy watching that. Offseason just takes forever.
ghwk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #92
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

this is going to be an epic year. this team might go down as one of the best Broncos teams ever.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:35 PM   #93
Bacchus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
this is going to be an epic year. this team might go down as one of the best Broncos teams ever.
let that soak in for a second.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:44 PM   #94
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Nate Irving to get "first crack" at Broncos' spot at middle linebacker
POSTED: 05/21/2013 01:08:21 PM MDT
UPDATED: 05/21/2013 07:47:36 PM MDTBy Mike Klis
The Denver Post

About the only time the Broncos defense played as if it didn't belong on the same field as the opposing defense last season was Week 5 at New England.

Utilizing what Denver defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio referred to as the "NASCAR approach," Patriots quarterback Tom Brady engineered a warp-speed offense that got off 89 plays in a 31-21 loss.

Lucky for the Broncos, no other team used the high-speed attack against them, probably because no other team has Tom Brady. But Del Rio doesn't think he's seen the last of it.

"There will be more of it," Del Rio said following the Broncos' second organized team activities (OTAs) practice Tuesday. "I think Week 4 you can expect to get a little more of it, when Philly comes in.

PHOTOS: NFL

View slide show of Broncos OTAs on Monday.
That's where our league is going."
While defending the hurry-up, added importance is placed on the middle linebacker. The primary purpose for the hurry-up in non-hurry-up times in the game is to prevent the defense from substituting. So far, the Broncos are showing confidence in Nate Irving. The team is giving him the chance to assume the starting "mike" position even though he has little NFL experience other than special teams through his first two seasons.

"He's getting the first crack at it, yeah," Del Rio said. "Nate's going to get time in there, Stewart Bradley will get time in there and Stevie Johnson will get time, but Nate is getting the first crack. He's a bright guy. He's naturally a strong-handed guy, a thick guy. He can move. He's got a chance to play at a higher level and we're giving him that opportunity to earn that."

Del Rio is also hoping to bring along rookie defensive tackle Sylvester Williams, who last month became the Broncos' first-round draft pick.

"Most rookies have a ways to go but he's a pretty quick learner," Del Rio said. "He's quick off the ball. He's got some natural rush ability. We're teaching him technique in terms of how to sit down on anchor blocks and some of the

Broncos linebacker Nate Irving (John Leyba, Denver Post file)
doubles he'll get on our level that are a little bit stronger, a little more forceful than he saw in college. But he's going to be a good player."
The Broncos defense improved dramatically each of the past two years in large part because strongside linebacker Von Miller performed at a near superstar level.

"He can get better," Del Rio said. "He can be more consistent. He had a tremendous amount of impact plays: tackles for loss, sacks, quarterback hits, even the interception for touchdown. You want to maintain those impactful plays that are positives but we want to find a way to be more consistent and make less errors."

Read more: Nate Irving to get "first crack" at Broncos' spot at middle linebacker - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2TzAqHaXz
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
Old 05-21-2013, 07:54 PM   #95
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bacchus View Post
let that soak in for a second.
what, all i expect is a MVP, a DPOY, a top 2 offense, a top 2 defense, a record for pro bowlers and a super bowl win.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:06 AM   #96
Mogulseeker
Formerly mightysmurf

Eat greedy

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Lamin Barrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas_Bronco View Post
It would be great for him to enjoy the baseball aspect of sports.
Mogulseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #97
ludo21
RIP Darrent Williams

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Paul Ernster

Good to hear JDR getting guys in the right mindset already about the up tempo offsenes that are sure to hit the league this year even moreso
ludo21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:05 AM   #98
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Von Miller has played only two seasons for the Broncos, but he already has carved out a tidy slice of the team's record book.
The outside linebacker has the franchise record for sacks in a season (18½) and most sacks in his first two seasons (30), and he tied a team record for most forced fumbles in a season (six).
Still, Broncos defensive coordinator Jack Del Rio said there is more to come — which is bad news for opposing offenses.
"He can get better," Del Rio said. "Yeah, he can get more consistent. Certainly he had a tremendous number of impact plays — tackles for loss, sacks, quarterback hits. He even had the interception for a touchdown, things like that. You want to maintain those impact plays, but we want to find a way to be more consistent, make less errors.
"I think he wants to do that. There are no shortcuts to the type of success he's had and should continue to have."
Miller said Tuesday, as the Broncos continued their first set of organized team activities, he agrees and that "I'm my own biggest critic. I hold myself to a super-high standard."
Miller, who used yoga as part of his offseason workout regimen last year, has tweaked his workouts this time around so he can "just be a beast."
"I think (yoga) worked well for me. I'm trying to get away from the 'Gumby' stuff. I don't want to rely on that," Miller said of exorbitant stretching. "I want to play football. I want to be a traditional linebacker that can do it all. I don't want to just rely on skill. I want to go out there and know what I'm doing. I just want to be the best football player, the best technician that I can possibly be.
"I don't want to rely on my talent. I just want to be the best football player I can be," Miller said. "I want to get my conditioning up so I can play offense too. I just want to get it done."
Where's the love? The Broncos spend so much time in the nickel package
PHOTOS: NFL

View slide show of Broncos OTAs on Monday.
(five defensive backs) on defense, both Del Rio and Chris Harris said it just might be time to adjust the team's pregame introductions.
When the defensive starters are introduced before home games, it is a traditional three-linebacker, four-defensive back look that produces the 11 guys who run out individually in front of the crowd.
"The nickel typically doesn't run out," Del Rio said.
But the Broncos were in the nickel for 64 percent of the time last season, far more than they were in the base defense. Harris figures to move from the outside spot, where he started last season because the Broncos signed Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie, into a full-time nickel corner role. He said a little pregame change is in order.
"I think so," Harris said, smiling. "I play just as many snaps, probably more snaps than the linebackers. That's how they do it. I'm not really too worried about that too much, but I think the nickel should be introduced."
Footnotes. Broncos Hall of Famer Gary Zimmerman, who is in town to attend an award ceremony Wednesday night for Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, attended practice Tuesday. Hall of Famers Floyd Little, Shannon Sharpe and Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway also are scheduled to attend. ... Harris, who was listed at 190 pounds last season, said he's up to 200 pounds now, "but I feel like I'm more explosive, way faster than I was last year."

Read more: Broncos' Jack Del Rio sees an even better Von Miller on the horizon - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2U2udtnTN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
Old 05-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #99
BroncoMan4ever
Ring of Famer

That's just like your opinion, man

Adopt-a-Bronco:
VIRGIL GREEN!!!

i am loving the impact a guy like Welker is going to have on Harris. Harris was already showing he could become a force in this league, going against the best slot receiver in the game every day is really going to elevate his game even more.

i like that Von wants to be bigger and more physical i just hope the added size and not doing yoga doesn't slow him down or decrease his flexibility which is one of his best attributes.

i like that it seems as if Gase is going to put out a more aggressive offense and increase the tempo of the game. get those defensive opposition players huffing and puffing in the thin air.
BroncoMan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:31 AM   #100
cmhargrove
Is this thing on???

Travis Henry's love child...

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Hillis

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoMan4ever View Post
i am loving the impact a guy like Welker is going to have on Harris. Harris was already showing he could become a force in this league, going against the best slot receiver in the game every day is really going to elevate his game even more.

i like that Von wants to be bigger and more physical i just hope the added size and not doing yoga doesn't slow him down or decrease his flexibility which is one of his best attributes.

i like that it seems as if Gase is going to put out a more aggressive offense and increase the tempo of the game. get those defensive opposition players huffing and puffing in the thin air.
What's the big deal? He was just doing yoga so he could bang some sexy chicks. He's got that covered now...
cmhargrove is offline   Reply With Quote