The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-20-2013, 12:15 PM   #101
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

I was talking about all degenerative disease and toxicity as the root cause.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:19 PM   #102
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
I was talking about all degenerative disease and toxicity as the root cause.
Cancer is a degenerative disease. I am still waiting on any medical journal, website or story where someone had their brain cancer cured by a change in diet or by using natural or an alternative therapy.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:22 PM   #103
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"
 
Pony Boy's Avatar
 
Omaha !!!

Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 7,733

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head
Default

Nothing has changed since Ponce de Leon went searching for the fountain of youth and we have and will always continue to tinker with human trait borne of natural selection. We have added three decades to the average American lifespan. The question is should we take steps to save the lives of men and women that carry the mutated BRCA1 and BRCA2 gene and the answer of course is yes. The moral question is should those people continue to pass that gene on to others knowing they will have to go through the same medical procedures to have a quality life?
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM   #104
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7Ck9D45OT4
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:27 PM   #105
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:22 PM   #106
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Toxic solutions? Elaborate.

What about genetics? You seem to not talk much about genetics/disease.
You are not a slave to genetics. It's quite opposite really, genetics are a product of the situation in which they exist. How ridiculous is the idea of genetic controller of our circumstance in the face of evolution?

You are however a slave to the indoctrination that has been laid before you. Explore multiple perspectives with all things in life, question them all. Utilize intuition. The red pill awaits.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-20-2013 at 01:29 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #107
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
You are not a slave to genetics. It's quite opposite really, genetics are a product of the situation in which they exist. How ridiculous is the idea of genetic controller of our circumstance in the face of evolution?

You are however a slave to the indoctrination that has been laid before you. Explore multiple perspectives with all things in life, question them all. The red pill awaits.
Our DNA is not fixed, it changes.

http://youtu.be/VYYXq1Ox4sk
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 01:44 PM   #108
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
You are not a slave to genetics. It's quite opposite really, genetics are a product of the situation in which they exist. How ridiculous is the idea of genetic controller of our circumstance in the face of evolution?
I never said I was a slave to genetics, nor believe that to be the case. I was basically questioning your knowledge of genetics and its relation to disease.

Quote:
You are however a slave to the indoctrination that has been laid before you. Explore multiple perspectives with all things in life, question them all. Utilize intuition. The red pill awaits.
Great generalized statement. I have actually had a few discussions with baja on alternative medicine and treatments and sent him a few things on a lady I go see for some stuff. I am about as open-minded as they come when it comes to health and healing because I have had my battled with a disease idiopathic and nature. I absolutely HATE the modern treatment for it (side effects of what I gotta take), and have tried exploring alternative options to get better.

Diet switching and lifestyle changes have been a big part of that. So please, spare me the Ivory Tower talk of how you are so much more enlightened than myself or others because we may disagree on an issue.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #109
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I

Many of you demand I post information validating my claims yet I do not get feed back when I do.

I think you are lazy and disingenuous. You do not wish to examen your beliefs.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:42 PM   #110
Requiem
~~~
 
Requiem's Avatar
 
~ ~ ~

Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Earth Division
Posts: 24,341

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I

Many of you demand I post information validating my claims yet I do not get feed back when I do.

I think you are lazy and disingenuous. You do not wish to examen your beliefs.
What kind of feedback do you want?

The hemp oil one was interesting. I have read a lot about that for years now. Whether or not it can be the be all end all cure for things, I don't know, but it seems like it has helped people.

As far as Gerson Therapy?

I got about five minutes into it and was like, "Blerrprpepr!"

Probably a scam. Considering there have been no controlled studies on what the institute actually does and the 50 testimonials (which have been highly scrutinized) from people only saying it has worked.

http://skepdic.com/gersontherapy.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ncer-quackery/

And FWIW, most people here probably aren't interested in watching hour (or longer) YouTube videos on the matter. People would probably be a lot more willing to do so if you actually gave CliffNotes on the subject or actually discussed the content. You don't really do that. You'll post a link or article, it'll get criticized and then you (and others) come up with the same gimmick that we aren't enlightened, lazy, disingenuous, etc.

Like, whatever. *valley girl accent*

Last edited by Requiem; 05-20-2013 at 02:49 PM..
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 02:53 PM   #111
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
What kind of feedback do you want?

The hemp oil one was interesting. I have read a lot about that for years now. Whether or not it can be the be all end all cure for things, I don't know, but it seems like it has helped people.

As far as Gerson Therapy?

I got about five minutes into it and was like, "Blerrprpepr!"

Probably a scam. Considering there have been no controlled studies on what the institute actually does and the 50 testimonials (which have been highly scrutinized) from people only saying it has worked.

http://skepdic.com/gersontherapy.html

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/...ncer-quackery/

And FWIW, most people here probably aren't interested in watching hour (or longer) YouTube videos on the matter. People would probably be a lot more willing to do so if you actually gave CliffNotes on the subject or actually discussed the content. You don't really do that. You'll post a link or article, it'll get criticized and then you (and others) come up with the same gimmick that we aren't enlightened, lazy, disingenuous, etc.

Like, whatever. *valley girl accent*

Watch this one;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjj0xVM4x1I


and you will understand why disease and the study of it is so subjective.

This one covers a basic understanding needed to build a true understanding of how this disease thing really works. It's a MUST SEE VIDEO.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 03:05 PM   #112
B-Large
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Interesting article, a few thoughts:

1. The BRCA testing is not administered on everyone, it is not a standard screening, no provider I know orders such a test unless someone meets the profile based on personal medical history. If women are going out and trying to convince an MD to test because they are "Scared", then they are stupid and should be seperated from their money as a penalty. My cousin's mother and grandmother both shared the gene, she got tested, she was positve for it.... she is weighing her options, but he recommendation as of today was removal of all breast tissue to curb risk.

2. I just don't see the Mainstream Media conspiracy here. A few years ago the mainstream media reported on a study of peer reviewed article that recommened that women not get Mammogram's every year- the rationale was does it makes sense to irradiate 1000 women to find 1 Breast Cancer? Does it makes sense to increase the 999 women's risk to detect one other woman's malignacy? Women were going nuts, calling for insurance companies head because they thought it was some consipracy.... how could TV repots this stuff it "dangerous" Again, so many people are dumb, if you have no family history of breast cancer, and no other risk factor, maybe skipping the mammogram makes sense.... ask your MD!

3. I didn't know genes could be patented. I knew the process for engineering the test or medication could be patented, just like Lipitor's formula.... crazy, and don't think gene should.

4. what is all this "Heroic" bull ****? C'mon, a rich actress get some testing, she decides to have surgery..... here's a newsflash, women have had this done for a longtime now.....
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:13 PM   #113
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Who here would sacrifice their balls not because they were told that they had testicular cancer or because they were told they will absolutely eventually get it but because they were told they had a high chance of getting it someday?
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:40 PM   #114
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
I never said I was a slave to genetics, nor believe that to be the case. I was basically questioning your knowledge of genetics and its relation to disease.



Great generalized statement. I have actually had a few discussions with baja on alternative medicine and treatments and sent him a few things on a lady I go see for some stuff. I am about as open-minded as they come when it comes to health and healing because I have had my battled with a disease idiopathic and nature. I absolutely HATE the modern treatment for it (side effects of what I gotta take), and have tried exploring alternative options to get better.

Diet switching and lifestyle changes have been a big part of that. So please, spare me the Ivory Tower talk of how you are so much more enlightened than myself or others because we may disagree on an issue.
Honestly Req, I know that you see things that others don't. I like to get your attention, I like to see your reaction. I like the way you question me rather than denying me. There are several on this board who do or are beginning to question the information that is laid before them, you are one of them. I don't claim to be any more enlightened than any of you. My discussion in this thread has been pretty firmly based in my beliefs. We all have our own beliefs and that's all they are, they could all be wrong, or maybe just one part of the puzzle. This is why obtaining multiple perspectives and questioning everything, especially if it's hand fed is so important.

If higher enlightenment does exist, would we be worthy for it to just be given to us? Or may we possibly be better served to evolve through experience and choice for higher understating, higher compassion? In order to evolve we must first experience the flaws in our ways so that we can make the choice to move on. There are many flaws in the collective and individual human consciousness that we are experiencing at this time, I imagine that has been the case throughout history.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:20 PM   #115
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Honestly Req, I know that you see things that others don't. I like to get your attention, I like to see your reaction. I like the way you question me rather than denying me. There are several on this board who do or are beginning to question the information that is laid before them, you are one of them. I don't claim to be any more enlightened than any of you. My discussion in this thread has been pretty firmly based in my beliefs. We all have our own beliefs and that's all they are, they could all be wrong, or maybe just one part of the puzzle. This is why obtaining multiple perspectives and questioning everything, especially if it's hand fed is so important.
That's your fatal flaw, you rely on belief.

I follow the evidence.

Following believe is dishonest and unproductive.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:29 PM   #116
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Who here would sacrifice their balls not because they were told that they had testicular cancer or because they were told they will absolutely eventually get it but because they were told they had a high chance of getting it someday?
Can we stop with the idiotic false equivalences here? Testicles are not comparable to breasts in terms of "necessity". Once again, she decided against removing her ovaries, ostensibly because she didn't think the tradeoff was good enough (at this time).

The real (general) comparison is, would you accept what is essentially a purely cosmetic alteration (and a minor one at that, comparable to the alteration that millions of people make for non-medical purposes) of your body if you were told not doing so would almost certainly lead to a deadly disease?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:59 PM   #117
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
Can we stop with the idiotic false equivalences here? Testicles are not comparable to breasts in terms of "necessity". Once again, she decided against removing her ovaries, ostensibly because she didn't think the tradeoff was good enough (at this time).

The real (general) comparison is, would you accept what is essentially a purely cosmetic alteration (and a minor one at that, comparable to the alteration that millions of people make for non-medical purposes) of your body if you were told not doing so would almost certainly lead to a deadly disease?

You keep saying this but it is not a simple cosmetic procedure. This is not a breast augmentation it is the complete removal of all breast tissue - BIG difference.

You are an obnoxious poster that continually demands fully documented posts from others yet you feel comfortable shooting from the hip in your posts.


Heres one for you. The cancer industry is not about to give up it's billions of dollars by seeking and finding a cure for their cash cow. Of course not all doctors are involved but the take their direction from the very powerful pharmaceutical companies who control the AMA. There are cures that have been repressed and discredited by the self serving AMA Do some research on this you might find it humbling.

Here I'll get you started; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0psJhQHk_GI



YOU WILL NOT FIND THE DOCUMENTATION YOU DEMAND TO PROVE ALTERNATIVE CURES FORM THE VERY SYSTEM THAT HAS SUPPRESSED ALTERNATE MEDICINE FOR DECADES ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT WORK .
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #118
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
That's your fatal flaw, you rely on belief.

I follow the evidence.

Following believe is dishonest and unproductive.
Limited perspective evidence is not truth, that is your fatal flaw. You are no different than living from belief, your limited perspective evidence dictates it. And I imagine the majority of that evidence you claim as truth was not obtained from first hand experience but from believing in someone else's limited perspective evidence.

I think maybe you are confusing belief for faith. But I also believe that modern science is completely based in faith.
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:25 PM   #119
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
You keep saying this but it is not a simple cosmetic procedure. This is not a breast augmentation it is the complete removal of all breast tissue - BIG difference.
I'm talking about results. Removing the breasts does not impair important biological function (the only function it removes is lactation, which is not particularly important). It only results in cosmetic change.

Removing the penis, the testicles or the ovaries DOES result in significant impairment of biological function (reproduction, hormone regulation, sexual function, etc.).

Why do you find it so difficult to grasp that difference?

Quote:
You are an obnoxious poster that continually demands fully documented posts from others yet you feel comfortable shooting from the hip in your posts.
Asking for evidence is a problem now eh? I should just accept your bull**** at face value?

Quote:
YOU WILL NOT FIND THE DOCUMENTATION YOU DEMAND TO PROVE ALTERNATIVE CURES FORM THE VERY SYSTEM THAT HAS SUPPRESSED ALTERNATE MEDICINE FOR DECADES ESPECIALLY THOSE THAT WORK .
Bull****. You and your videos make very specific claims about very specific "treatments" and cures that they claim work. The only way that claim has any merit is if there has been RESEARCH to demonstrate its effectiveness.

Where is that research?

Are the lizard men killing anyone that tries to do that research?

No one holds a patent on the scientific method. Anyone can perform research, and there is plenty of alt med profits to support such research. I don't care _where_ the research comes from, I care whether or not it exists and whether or not it holds up.

Natural News is run by a flim flam man, but if he produces real evidence that backed up a claim, I would accept it, because I don't care about source, I care about CONTENT.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:27 PM   #120
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

The only poster "shooting from the hip" is the one posting COOKBOOKS as support for very specific claims about the effectiveness of cancer treatments.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:30 PM   #121
IHaveALight
the sun is gone
 
IHaveALight's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Denver
Posts: 1,272
Default

Until science can prove the external reality is not solely an internal experience, it will always be a system of faith. As long as it looks for truth in parts, separate from the whole and without an omniscient perspective it will never know absolute truth in anything.

Last edited by IHaveALight; 05-20-2013 at 10:42 PM..
IHaveALight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #122
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Until science can prove the external reality is not solely an internal experience, it will always be a system of faith. As long as it looks for truth in parts, separate from the whole and without an omniscient perspective will never know absolute truth in anything.
What system do you propose for learning about the world that is superior to science?
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:48 PM   #123
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedaykin View Post
The only poster "shooting from the hip" is the one posting COOKBOOKS as support for very specific claims about the effectiveness of cancer treatments.

This is a good example of just how disingenuous you are. The Book you call "A COOK BOOK" comes in 2 parts. Part one explains how & why the Living Food way of eating works.

Part 2 Is a collection of blended drinks and green juices proven to be a very effective healing system.


THE ENTIRE BASIS OF THE BOOK IS PREPARING DRINKS FROM LIVING FOOD


AND YOU POMPOUS ASS CALLES IT A COOK BOOK, JESUS A COOK BOOK. could you declare your obtuseness any more clearly.

Some times one finds it hard to get on the same page with someone but with you, you are not even in the library.


COOKING KILLS THE ENZYMES IN FOOD AND MUCH OF THE NUTRITIONAL VALUE NOT ONE PREPARATION IN THAT BOOK IS COOKED.

Last edited by baja; 05-20-2013 at 10:52 PM..
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:56 PM   #124
baja
Headmaster
 
baja's Avatar
 
The Fixer

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: in the present moment
Posts: 60,719

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHaveALight View Post
Until science can prove the external reality is not solely an internal experience, it will always be a system of faith. As long as it looks for truth in parts, separate from the whole and without an omniscient perspective it will never know absolute truth in anything.

READ AGAIN Fedaykin


Wish I'd said that Rep for a brilliant post.
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:57 PM   #125
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 5,100

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
This is a good example of just how disingenuous you are. The Book you call "A COOK BOOK" in 2 parts. Part one explains how & why the Living Food way of eating works.

Part 2 Is a collection of blended drinks and green juices proven to be a very effective healing system.


THE ENTIRE BASIS OF THE BOOK IS PREPARING DRINKS FROM LIVING FOOD


AND YOU POMPOUS ASS CALLES IT A COOK BOOK, JESUS A COOK BOOK. could you declare your obtuseness any more clearly.

Some times one finds it hard to get on the same page with someone but with you, you are not even in the library.
It's absolutely a cook book. That it's a "natural eating/healing system" themed cook book does not alter that fact. It's a commercial product meant to exploit people who want to believe its all true.

It's not even remotely close to actual evidence of what you are claiming.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Denver Broncos