The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 11:45 PM   #76
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

I'm definitely going to fork over for a babysitter and go see this soon. This and Man of Steel are my top priority this summer.

And it appears Miss I was right. ;-)
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 01:49 AM   #77
Agamemnon

I'm still not over the fact that J.J. Abrams has no idea what a black hole is or how it works yet went ahead and made a movie where they featured prominently. Everyone else seemed to love the first movie, but watching it just hurt my head.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:07 AM   #78
rugbythug
Church Eyes.

Salty Dog

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mr. Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I'm definitely going to fork over for a babysitter and go see this soon. This and Man of Steel are my top priority this summer.

My wife loves Star Trek. Going on a Birthday outing next week.
rugbythug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:11 PM   #79
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

More reviews, who has seen it ?

Used to ST in 2d .... . you guys seeing it in 3d ?

Thanks.............
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #80
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Thanks.............
3D was solid. Honestly for me 2D or 3D are fine.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #81
StugotsIII
O-H

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Your Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post

Thanks.............
It was awesome…

2D was perfect.

3D is a damn gemmick.
StugotsIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 04:45 PM   #82
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Just saw this a few hours ago in 3D. I honestly don't see a ton of movies in 3D but I thought Avatar was really well done and I have to say this new Star Trek was fabulous in 3D. They didn't over do it like some movies. But some scenes are just much better in 3D IMO, like when they jump off the cliff. In 3D, you FEEL that almost.

The movie itself was bad ass. The special affects were astonishingly impressive. When that ship hits the ocean and crashes through the city, WOW.

If you can see this in IMAX 3D - do it. I did however, bring my own 3D glasses I got when I got my TV last year. I think they helped some. At least they were more comfortable but I think they show the 3D better also.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #83
Miss I.
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post

I completely I agree with this post and if I was anywhere near you I'd volunteer to babysit just you could see it so we could talk about it. I loved it, but I am not as let's just say biased about the series. I just watched if from a set aside reality and any previous star trek perspective and enjoyed the ride in 3-D. I took my Godson and we had a blast. I don't want to say more because I truly think it's better to let everyone experience it for themselves and make their own choice. I liked it though and am, as you said also, looking forward to The Man of Steel (though my reasoning has more to do with the eye candy playing Superman...hey, you get your hot Asian chicks, I get hot English dudes wearing tights, it is what it is).

And K I am always right, when will you learn that? (ok, maybe not always, but at least sometimes).

I hope you enjoy the film K.
Miss I. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #84
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. This was at least 10 times better than the first one. Highly, highly suggest everybody watch this one. That is all.

KKKKKKAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 08:53 PM   #85
Harvitz81
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Saw it this morning. For the record - I loved the first one and am a big Star Wars fan and to a lesser extent, Star Trek (though I have seen all the original films multiple times). I never watched any of the original Trek series, so don't know much about the Khan backstory for what Abrams did to ruin it for me. I did watch a ton of next generation though, which really states more for what time period I grew up in than anything else.

I love the action and think this one sits pretty well with the first one. I think I like it better though as Cumberbatch steals the show with his performance in this. Total badass!

I really wish there was some way to continue this alternate time path that Abrams started though. Now that he is leaving, I wonder what happens as I really think they have some good actors in place. The ending even set up a potential series perfectly, but I already read that won't be done as Abrams and I believe CBS couldn't come to an agreement. It would be a killer series though and I hope someone else can take up the directors chair and give us a couple more flicks out of this series.

All in all - I go to movies to be entertained and I was in this one. More entertaining to me than seeing IM3 a couple weeks ago.

I had mixed thoughts on wanting to see Man of Steel, but the trailer before Star Trek convinced me it is a must see for me as well this summer. Also, Elypsium looked pretty interesting as I had not seen any trailers for that previously, but I digress...
Harvitz81 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:03 PM   #86
bowtown
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob's your Information Minister View Post
He's not playing Khan.
Bob's prediction failures transcend all phases of entertainment. Rennaisance Failure.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #87
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Just watched Star Trek: Into Darkness. This was at least 10 times better than the first one. Highly, highly suggest everybody watch this one. That is all.

KKKKKKAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10 x 0=?

Anything would be better than the 1st reboot.

I will go see it but I am waiting until it hits the dollar theater, we have one with a very good screen, used to be a legit theater before the multiplexes hit it big, I actually saw Undiscovered Country there when it was part of a big chain.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:54 PM   #88
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
Don't piss off Manning.

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
10 x 0=?

Anything would be better than the 1st reboot.

I will go see it but I am waiting until it hits the dollar theater, we have one with a very good screen, used to be a legit theater before the multiplexes hit it big, I actually saw Undiscovered Country there when it was part of a big chain.
Remember in the other thread how you said that the first movie lacked any sense of humanity. Well this one had a dash of that. Well a small dash, but it was there. For me Undiscovered Country was the best but this was better than the first.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 10:46 PM   #89
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Bob's prediction failures transcend all phases of entertainment. Rennaisance Failure.
Hahahaha
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:24 AM   #90
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Such a ****ty third act. Ruined the movie for me. Abrams is a hack and Lindelof should go write some cartoons or something.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:26 AM   #91
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Such a ****ty third act. Ruined the movie for me. Abrams is a hack and Lindelof should go write some cartoons or something.
The Chiefs sure have turned you into a Grumpy Gus.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:39 AM   #92
v2micca
Ring of Famer

Richard III was a field guide.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Don't confuse the messenger for the message. It really is a terrible 3rd act. While I over all hated the film, even I can admit that there were some decent elements in the first and second act before the entire thing goes off the rails and gives us one of the most hackneyed 3rd acts I have seen in the last decade. It really does devolve into self parody. The saddest part is that I can totally picture the writer's room as they "brainstormed" this crap ending giving themselves high fives for how clever they were being about subverting another classic Trek scene instead of trying to actually come up with a new iconic scene. But, I guess the rule of thumb here is that if you can't write a decent movie make sure you drop references to a good movie.
v2micca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM   #93
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

^ I havent seen it yet. Time to exit this thread before I read something I don't want to
Old 05-20-2013, 08:00 AM   #94
Boobs McGee
I promise to stay alive

till the day that I die

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matty P

Boobs McGee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 08:14 AM   #95
enjolras
Ring of Famer

I thought it was fantastic. I don't want to give away any spoilers so I'll leave it at that.
enjolras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #96
Bob's your Information Minister
Chiefs > Broncos

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CHRIS KUPER!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
I've seen other **** this year that I highly enjoyed.

Iron Man 3 was boobies.
Bob's your Information Minister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 09:44 AM   #97
ZONA
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Chris Harris

Good lord, those hating on this flick see way too many thing wrong in life in general. WTF dudes, this isn't an academy winning drama, like silence of the lambs or Schindler's List. Hahahaha. It's a ****in action movie. Try to see it for what it is and then you might be able to enjoy it. If you go in thinking your're going to see A Beautiful Mind or Black Swan, then of course you're not going to like it. ****in grow a set and realize it's an action movie but a damn good one. Nothing like a Transformers or Battle Los Angeles.
ZONA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:06 AM   #98
Kaylore
Because I am better

Taysom Hill for Heisman!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Star Trek - especially a reboot - is a hard sell. It isn't ever going to be The Godfather, so film snobs (I actually love film snobs) will hate it. And loyalist fans will probably hate it for not being the original. That leaves very little wiggle room.

I enjoyed the originals and I enjoyed the first reboot movie. I think it's because I don't expect Schindler's list when I go see a Star Trek movie and I don't feel married to the originals.

FWIW Rotten Tomatoes has it at 86% Fresh with users having at 89%.

That puts it ahead of Iron Man 3, Oblivion, The Great Gatsby, Fast Furious 6 and 42.

Point being, if you're going to the movies, you have a decent shot at enjoying this.

Last edited by Kaylore; 05-20-2013 at 10:09 AM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 10:38 AM   #99
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
I've seen other **** this year that I highly enjoyed.

Iron Man 3 was boobies.
If you like some jerk off taking one of the biggest Marvel villains and something the franchise had building toward since the initial installment and turning it into a ****ing punchline
Old 05-20-2013, 11:55 AM   #100
Bronco X
Ring of Famer

I liked the first installment of the Star Trek reboot. The second one not so much. It has it's moments. A lot of the action is engaging. I didn't really get into the self referential attempts to spin the series mythology, especially towards the end. Mirroring a prior iconic scene probably isn't the best idea when there's not much chance it can be compared favorably. That isn't comparing this movie to Citizen Kane. It's just comparing it to The Wrath of Khan, and given that the movie is begging for that comparison, that seems fair.
Bronco X is offline   Reply With Quote