The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-18-2013, 12:37 PM   #201
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

We will be luckier Peace if he goes to Oaktown. This guy can't play anymore IMO. He's done, kaput, washed up, too old, hanging on when he should retire.

It's like when the Jets were excited about getting Atwater but we knew he was done. He got what 30 some tackles that yr and not much else? Why? because he was washed up. Charles Woodson is washed up and i would rather Broncos play against him at this point. Please sign with Oakland then torch his ass all yr.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:41 PM   #202
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
the only people truly qualified to talk about the players or coaches are the players so this is beyond a silly statement.

everyone and their mama knows Woodson is a better player and a Broncos player saying it isn't news.
you saying that is as bad as people who were clamoring for Elway's head because he wanted to upgrade over Tebow so that we could have he best chance to win.
players sometimes last to know or admit when someone is washed up. Woodson is washed up and no longer a starter in the NFL. he won't play every game and he will give up big plays this yr. You guys watch and you will see i am right. Woodson a has been and should hang it up. I watched some packer games last 2 years and he just hasn't the range anymore and has stopped sticking his head in there to make tackle. He reaches with his arms now like an old man afraid to get injured.
Old 05-18-2013, 01:05 PM   #203
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
We will be luckier Peace if he goes to Oaktown. This guy can't play anymore IMO. He's done, kaput, washed up, too old, hanging on when he should retire.

It's like when the Jets were excited about getting Atwater but we knew he was done. He got what 30 some tackles that yr and not much else? Why? because he was washed up. Charles Woodson is washed up and i would rather Broncos play against him at this point. Please sign with Oakland then torch his ass all yr.
Respectfully, Brooking, Stokley and Koppen says "Hi!"

Not saying I totally disagree with you, but you chances of being are in the single digits percent wise.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:12 PM   #204
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateHoboW/Shotgun View Post
Respectfully, Brooking, Stokley and Koppen says "Hi!"

Not saying I totally disagree with you, but you chances of being are in the single digits percent wise.
I think the best part was when he said he has watched some Packers games the last two years. Two years ago Woodson had 7 picks. Pretty impressive for a guy with no range.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:23 PM   #205
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun
I. HATE. THE. OFFSEASON!

Time to believe!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C.J. Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I think the best part was when he said he has watched some Packers games the last two years. Two years ago Woodson had 7 picks. Pretty impressive for a guy with no range.

I don't know about you,but I have a full time job and can't follow every team let alone every player and he's saying "I know! I know!" People who get paid full time don't know and you saying you know. Your job must beat the hundred thousand dollar job that the head of pro scouting gets every year.
UltimateHoboW/Shotgun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:28 PM   #206
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
players sometimes last to know or admit when someone is washed up. Woodson is washed up and no longer a starter in the NFL. he won't play every game and he will give up big plays this yr. You guys watch and you will see i am right. Woodson a has been and should hang it up. I watched some packer games last 2 years and he just hasn't the range anymore and has stopped sticking his head in there to make tackle. He reaches with his arms now like an old man afraid to get injured.
he's got 1 elite year left in him, after that he could probably put in a solid year and maybe a ok year if he stretches it.
he's not washed up though.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:54 PM   #207
Broncos_OTM
Dropping bombs from 5280

Broncos Over All

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Pass, develops the ghys you have. We don't know what bolden has or any of the rookie's
Broncos_OTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 06:48 PM   #208
Bmore Manning

I'm not saying I agree with cutthemdown, but Woodson's play has declined. And if we were worried about Q.C's long term health, then we should have taken a true safety and not a DB who's raw but has crazy potential at CB, but is physical so people think he should play safety. There were plenty of safeties on the board, still not sure why so many think Webster will be playing safety for us.. Maybe I'm wrong, and he will.. But if Woodson was brought in to be a matchup DB verse the TE then that's a quality move.. But an everyday starter at SS, thanks but no thanks. And I watch every game, because I love football, and I will verify that Woodson's physical skills are in decline, mostly due to father time.

Situational player? Yes please.. starting strong safety? No thanks. I would like to see some physicality back there.. A strong safety who can separate the ball from the player, and a free safety who is a ball hawk, turnover machine.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:49 PM   #209
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Just going to throw out what the GB secondary has looked like in recent years with Woodson. His coaching has helped with that.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:26 PM   #210
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Just going to throw out what the GB secondary has looked like in recent years with Woodson.
...terrible?
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:39 PM   #211
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

2013... the year of Sci-Fi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Duck Nacho

Quote:
Originally Posted by extralife View Post
...terrible?
lul
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:47 PM   #212
Hamrob
All-American!

All-American!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Peyton Manning

Elway was trolling...with Freeney, Woodson, Urlacher, etc.

He's willing to sign a few vets for minimum wage...but, no more.

Woodson's about the money...he'll take more to play elsewhere.

We'll end up with a couple guys who don't get signed by camp. Whether they help us or not...well Elway hopes he gets lucky again!
Hamrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:56 PM   #213
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
I'm not saying I agree with cutthemdown, but Woodson's play has declined. And if we were worried about Q.C's long term health, then we should have taken a true safety and not a DB who's raw but has crazy potential at CB, but is physical so people think he should play safety. There were plenty of safeties on the board, still not sure why so many think Webster will be playing safety for us.. Maybe I'm wrong, and he will.. But if Woodson was brought in to be a matchup DB verse the TE then that's a quality move.. But an everyday starter at SS, thanks but no thanks. And I watch every game, because I love football, and I will verify that Woodson's physical skills are in decline, mostly due to father time.

Situational player? Yes please.. starting strong safety? No thanks. I would like to see some physicality back there.. A strong safety who can separate the ball from the player, and a free safety who is a ball hawk, turnover machine.
Pretty much this. He was targeted alot last year for a reason. Chances you'll get a rod Woodson type performance in late 30s is slim. I want a safety that's gonna hold up until the playoffs. Dawkins is an example of Father Time taking him out of the playoffs.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #214
extralife
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Chances you'll get a rod Woodson type performance in late 30s is slim.
this is worth bringing up, because people constantly assume that any HoF type CB should be able to quickly and easily become an all-pro type safety at the end of his career simply because Rod Woodson did it (and sort of Ronnie Lott, though that was a bit different). that's ridiculous, and it undersells how spectacular a player Woodson was.
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:18 PM   #215
BroncoBuff

Adopt-a-Bronco:
MALIK+QUANTERUS

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Two years ago Woodson had 7 picks. Pretty impressive for a guy with no range.
Good point ... plus this:
2011: Woodson 1st team AP All-Pro (w/ Revis)
2010: Woodson 2nd team AP All-Pro (1st-Revis Asomugha)
2009: Woodson 1st team AP All-Pro (w/ Revis)
And he broke his freaking collarbone last year. So maybe we should cut him some slack and save the obit for later.
BroncoBuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 PM   #216
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Where is Amazon!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Kinda like how you said that the New Star Trek Reboot Villian wouldn't be based on KHAN?
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:23 AM   #217
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Kinda like how you said that the New Star Trek Reboot Villian wouldn't be based on KHAN?
There are some similarities with the revenge factor but I don't see the Nero character based on Khan or enough of the movies being alike to say it wasnt a reboot and a totally new thing.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #218
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

There is a reason no teams were interested in him. Sorry to be the one to tell you Woodson isn't some magical addition to put us over the hump. He would be good for leadership and as a bkup but if we start him we would be sorry.
Old 05-19-2013, 02:26 AM   #219
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Let him go to Oakland then we smoke him 2 times this yr.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:12 AM   #220
pricejj
jungle

Mike Adams played about as well as you can ask against Pitta, and had a solid year.

This year he'll be even better. Time to buckle up...and RIDE!
pricejj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:58 PM   #221
Bmore Manning

Woodson signs a one year deal with the Raiders.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:00 PM   #222
spiralism

Knew this would happen. What a ****ing moron. He had the choice there: Retire possibly winning a ring (at the very least playing a playoff match) or go out with a whimper on a 3 wins or less side. Have fun, idiot.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:02 PM   #223
Vegas_Bronco
Ring of Famer

Fear is a lack of preparation.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
1 Elam 1

Quote:
It be bad idea.
Vegas_Bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:03 PM   #224
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Once a Fader...
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #225
spiralism

Good addition which now brings the amount of properly talented players on the Raiders team up to 3. That's one old guy who could be washed up, an incredibly fragile rb and a kicker. Great team you've got there, lads.