The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 11:35 PM   #4701
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.
I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:44 PM   #4702
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.
If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #4703
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
If Reid is a fraud with QB's, I guess Ratty is too.
Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.
Old 05-18-2013, 08:01 AM   #4704
TheReverend
www.PatrickTurley.org

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaylore View Post
I've seen posts like this before about Reid and his kids. It's incredibly judgmental and insensitive. I've never heard of Reid being abusive and his sons don't blame him or their mother for the way their lives played out, at least not publicly. That doesn't mean Reid didn't have a hand in their development, but people looking at a kid and then saying "they have horrible parents. It's all their fault" is total BS. We have no idea how the Reid family was or what kind of parents they were to their kids. I've met some really cool people with terrible parents. I've met some amazing parents with horrible kids. People ultimately are responsible for their own actions.
"Hard" drugs can completely conquer a person without much difficulty.
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 10:27 AM   #4705
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Gene helping John figure out FA

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.
That was my point.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:03 AM   #4706
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
that's because in general people believe that a person will follow what their parents taught them in times of trouble.
or basically, if the parent taught them right they wouldn't do this because they'd know it was wrong.

that's true in some situations but without knowing the whole scenario it's hard to say it's someone's fault other than that person.
the person makes their own choices regardless of it being a good idea or not.
not everyone has the same moral compass on right, wrong, acceptable or unacceptable.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:42 PM   #4707
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:00 PM   #4708
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Jason Avant - WR - Eagles

The Eagles have been working WR Jason Avant at defensive back.
Coach Chip Kelly is certainly putting his stamp on the team. We already mentioned how TE Clay Harbor was dabbling at outside linebacker. Avant set a career-high with 53 catches last season, but he's nothing more than a middling slot talent with no big-play ability. The Eagles traded for Arrelious Benn, and Avant might be on the outside looking in at the 53-man roster.

I'm still holding out hope we can send them Tony Carter for something.
well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.
Old 05-18-2013, 03:43 PM   #4709
Wes Mantooth
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
well Chip is leaving no stone unturned but that's insane. Avant is not a DB.
Two years tops
Wes Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 04:17 PM   #4710
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes Mantooth View Post
Two years tops
i actually think he'll be similar to Harbaugh and be a very good coach.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:07 PM   #4711
KCStud
Ring of Famer

AmeriStanzi!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by DENVERDUI55 View Post
Who did he turn into a great QB? McNabb would of been fine with anyone and the rest were mediocre to garbage.
McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.
KCStud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:31 PM   #4712
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
I know right? that's like trying to blame Tony Dungy for his kid committing suicide.
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:43 AM   #4713
IdahoBronco7

You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.
Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM   #4714
Kaylore
Anybody want a peanut?

Go Avs!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Wesley Duke

Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoBronco7 View Post
You don't have to be abusive or a drug using parent to have your kids turn out bad. The worst thing a parent can do is not spend quality time with their kids....as in being too busy to show them the right path. Being a head coach in the NFL could certainly make a man too busy.
Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

Last edited by Kaylore; 05-19-2013 at 04:12 PM..
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 03:47 PM   #4715
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCStud View Post
McNabb is the only real talent he's had to work with, but his work has been impressive.

Jeff Garcia looked fantastic and led them to the playoffs when McNabb got hurt, Kolb looked so good that a team gave up a 2nd and a starting CB for him and he made Vick look like a respectable passer.

I think Alex Smith will be a big test for him though. This will prove his reputation.
Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:15 PM   #4716
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
Andy Reid is a decent coach. But he owes a lot of his success to the late Jim Johnson. And he lost two NFC Championship Games as a home favorite (once to the John Fox coached Carolina Panthers), and lost another (to Arizona) that many think they should have won. His act got stale in Philly and the fans were long past ready to move on. It wasn't working any more. Will be interesting to see if he can make it work again somewhere else.
He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.
Old 05-19-2013, 06:18 PM   #4717
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
He is the poor mans version of Shanny minus the SB wins.
You mean, minus the Elway.
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #4718
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
They'r all bums

Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/S...ar-deal-051813
Old 05-19-2013, 06:39 PM   #4719
SouthStndJunkie
Ring of Famer

Shannon Says: Listen to The Junkman

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Apparently Freeney is going to sign with SD. Not sure if this was posted, didn't see it in this thread.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/S...ar-deal-051813
Prepare your anus!
SouthStndJunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:40 PM   #4720
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

i hear
TEbow was cut by the Jets!!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 PM   #4721
IdahoBronco7

Quote:
Nobody knows how much time Andy Reid spent with his kids, including you. And we certainly don't know if this had anything to do with his son's suicide. To suggest anything is speculative, judgmental and immature.

Who said anything about this being about his son committing suicide ? I don't know an F'ing thing about Reid, buddy. I am commenting about the parental posts above, nothing judgmental. I know first hand how having a father's love and attention and then it all just goes away feels. So including and to only you, shove that finger you're pointing at me up that nose you're talking down at me with. Your post is immature and speculating that you know best on this site. Funny stuff.
Old 05-19-2013, 09:16 PM   #4722
IdahoBronco7

Oh and by the way I only have 131 posts now and you have 41,010, as if that wasn't in the back of your mind. I am here in peace and for the interaction of fellow Bronco fans, not to have someone tell me how chit is. I've been on other sites for years so don't let the post count fool you.

Peace, Love...Broncos !
Old 05-19-2013, 09:38 PM   #4723
baja
It is what it Is.

Pay attention.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius Thomas

132 post rule...
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:39 PM   #4724
Inkana7
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Derek Wolfe

Quote:
Andry Reid is an NFL Head Coach and thus did not spend enough time with his family. All NFL Coaches are awful in this regard, and if they aren't, then they are bad coaches and are fired quickly.
Inkana7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #4725
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin

Reid's son died of a heroin overdose. Both of his sons were in prison. Previous to that they were living in his house with weapons and a lot of pills. He had younger children living in the house.

He also probably allowed all of them to watch both Ghostbusters movies while he was at the Eagles complex breaking down Koy Detmer tapes. Guess I should have used the standard obese man joke. No offense!
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote