The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #551
Drunken.Broncoholic

Wow the comments section is filled with the most ridiculous bozos. Degrading the broncos. I especially like the idiot who assumes a heisman guarantees a job in the pros. Or "Mary" who think Elway "made some sort of a deal to keep him out of the NFL because he is jealous of Tim"

These are the type of idiots that feed us "haters"

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...8C2wr_7CiFtR5w
Old 05-16-2013, 07:48 PM   #552
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 04:55 PM   #553
bendog
Marginally Continent

David Bowens, he'd be an upgrade

Adopt-a-Bronco:
David Bowens

bendog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 05:33 PM   #554
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
100% correct.

Don't worry, the CFL will give him a chance. Tebow will dominate there and break every single TE record in that league.
not according to Warren Moon.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/92...ng-not-cut-cfl
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 06:17 PM   #555
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum

AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drunken.Broncoholic View Post
Wow the comments section is filled with the most ridiculous bozos. Degrading the broncos. I especially like the idiot who assumes a heisman guarantees a job in the pros. Or "Mary" who think Elway "made some sort of a deal to keep him out of the NFL because he is jealous of Tim"

Steve Spurrier was a Heisman winner who busted out of the NFL after playing for the Gators also. Those who do not learn history are doomed to repeat it.
broncosteven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #556
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:

Crap like what "Mary" posted truly annoys me. No one understands what it takes to succeed at the QB position in the NFL the way a HOF QB does. It's a credit to... not a demerit against... John Elway that he recognized just how much work Tebow would need before he could possibly gain any kind of consistency as a passer. "Jealous", my ass. Elway's job is to make the Broncos a better team. And that's exactly what he did.
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 07:59 AM   #557
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
It's that round of articles that I'm pushing back against -- the new thing is a round of echo-chamber articles saying Tebow's fans are the reason he's not an NFL quarterback. It's become easy and fashionable to say. But the distinction that is important involves the role of ESPN and the media.
Every article says the circus is the ONLY reason he's not an NFL QB? or do they say he's not good enough, and the circus surrounding him is a PART of the reason no one will sign him.

Vince Young was terrible. Yet teams have signed him to be a back up QB, because they know he doesn't have a fanbase that will start chanting his name the first time the starter throws an incompletion or interception.

Tebow doesn't have that luxury. The idiots -- the same people who say John Elway is just jealous of Tebow and worried about him breaking his records (btw: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) -- will scream and make a scene and claim there's some conspiracy to keep their sub-50% completing wet dream off the field. Who needs it? Who needs the media asking questions about a third stringer in the locker room EVERY. SINGLE. DAY? And sure, you want to claim that's the media's doing, and yadda yadda, but they wouldn't do it if there wasn't a rabid horde of Tebow dip****s hoping to lap up every single last word of tripe that a media outlet can supply.

Mike Klis was actually a good reporter until he became the lead writer for Tebow Teen Beat and started injecting Tebow stories in every lede he could.

Lindsay Jones straight up told me, "we're not going to stop covering Tebow, because he gets page views and sells newspapers," and this was AFTER HE'D BEEN TRADED.

Media outlets don't scream information into the abyss when they know something -- however idiotic -- will sell papers or get ratings/pageviews. THAT is what you see from the media.

It's very much driven by the fans.
Old 05-18-2013, 09:27 AM   #558
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheElusiveKyleOrton View Post
Lindsay Jones straight up told me, "we're not going to stop covering Tebow, because he gets page views and sells newspapers," and this was AFTER HE'D BEEN TRADED.

Media outlets don't scream information into the abyss when they know something -- however idiotic -- will sell papers or get ratings/pageviews. THAT is what you see from the media.

Tebowmania = "blood above the fold" for a newspaper standpoint. The days of print journalism acting as a breaking source of news (especially in sports) are over. The best they can hope for is to throw a different dress on the Timmy saga and hope the tards buy the story and the paper in the process.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 01:55 PM   #559
Blueflame
Miss Congeniality

Welcome to Peyton's Place

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Randy Gradishar

Quote:
Every article says the circus is the ONLY reason he's not an NFL QB? or do they say he's not good enough, and the circus surrounding him is a PART of the reason no one will sign him.

Vince Young was terrible. Yet teams have signed him to be a back up QB, because they know he doesn't have a fanbase that will start chanting his name the first time the starter throws an incompletion or interception.

Tebow doesn't have that luxury. The idiots -- the same people who say John Elway is just jealous of Tebow and worried about him breaking his records (btw: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA) -- will scream and make a scene and claim there's some conspiracy to keep their sub-50% completing wet dream off the field. Who needs it? Who needs the media asking questions about a third stringer in the locker room EVERY. SINGLE. DAY? And sure, you want to claim that's the media's doing, and yadda yadda, but they wouldn't do it if there wasn't a rabid horde of Tebow dip****s hoping to lap up every single last word of tripe that a media outlet can supply.

Mike Klis was actually a good reporter until he became the lead writer for Tebow Teen Beat and started injecting Tebow stories in every lede he could.

For me, it's an instant "facepalm" that anyone would even think that a HOF QB "might" be jealous of a guy who cannot place the likes of Kyle Orton or Mark Sanchez behind him on the depth chart... nevermind that more than one such deluded individual would consider typing that thought (assertively... as if it were fact) in cyberspace. (oh, and the religion Timmy follows... kinda frowns on twisting the facts to tear down one individual in an effort to build up another... it's called "lying", folks.)
Blueflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 02:56 PM   #560
Jay3

Quote:

I agree it's driven by fans (and haters) desire to click on articles and watch reports -- the distinction I'm drawing is that it is not (1) behavior by fans or (2) tweets and other internet comments by fans that is, in fact, "the circus" affecting teams' decision-making. It is the media coverage, and media questioning, that scares teams away.

I don't expect you to agree, but it's a distinction I think is one you can understand. (But understand I mean grasp, not agree with).
Old 05-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #561
Tombstone RJ
Ring of Famer

Old School

Adopt-a-Bronco:
WorrellWilliams

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
Gotta disagree with Moon on this one. IF TT can prove to everyone he can play QB, the CFL is the ONE place he will be able to prove it. The passing lanes and passing windows are bigger in the CFL. I think TT can have great success in the CFL as a QB. It doesn't matter that they "pass it more" when the field is bigger, the endzone is bigger and the players are slower.

Where TT would fail, IMO, is in the arena league where the lanes and windows are much smaller. It's a much smaller area to throw the ball in and I just don't think TT can succeed by passing the ball in that league. Although it would be fun to watch him play MLB on defense!
Tombstone RJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:52 PM   #562
oubronco
John Foneco !!

Mile High Magic

oubronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 12:52 AM   #563
maven
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

So where are these teams lining up for The Tebow since he's a free agent?
maven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 07:58 AM   #564
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay3 View Post
I agree it's driven by fans (and haters) desire to click on articles and watch reports -- the distinction I'm drawing is that it is not (1) behavior by fans or (2) tweets and other internet comments by fans that is, in fact, "the circus" affecting teams' decision-making. It is the media coverage, and media questioning, that scares teams away.

I don't expect you to agree, but it's a distinction I think is one you can understand. (But understand I mean grasp, not agree with).
I get what you're saying; I can in fact read English. But you're just wrong, man.

Question: Do you live in Denver? Did you live here during the Tebow era in Denver?
Old 05-19-2013, 09:05 AM   #565
Jetmeck
Not a Chief's board

Quote:

So the fans decide all this...............really ?

Next game I go to and Fox tries to go all conservative and not let the 18 million dollar man throw for the first down I will scream even louder and then he will listen ? Yup................
Jetmeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #566
TheElusiveKyleOrton
BOOM.

Touched By God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jetmeck View Post
So the fans decide all this...............really ?

Next game I go to and Fox tries to go all conservative and not let the 18 million dollar man throw for the first down I will scream even louder and then he will listen ? Yup................
That's exactly what I said. You nailed it.

Er, wait, no. No, you didn't. Maybe try working on that reading comprehension, big fella.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:46 PM   #567
Gutless Drunk
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Attachment 32367

Last edited by Gutless Drunk; 10-18-2013 at 06:23 PM..
Gutless Drunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:50 PM   #568
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

OUCH!!
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:51 PM   #569
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Awwww...
TheReverend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 06:54 PM   #570
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

Its the rare version because it had baby puke on his elbow.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 07:10 PM   #571
Drunken.Broncoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Its the rare version because it had baby puke on his elbow.
Ha is that what it is? Looks like its on his towel too
Old 05-22-2013, 09:32 PM   #572
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 10:08 PM   #573
BowlenBall
Hurry Hurry

2014 -- This one's for Pat.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Matt Paradis

Quote:
Ha is that what it is? Looks like its on his towel too
I think it's the venomous bile of his detractors....
BowlenBall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:10 PM   #574
BroncoInferno
Ring of Famer

Pretty good article on Tebow posted today:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...-espn-magazine

I thought these two paragraphs were particularly interesting:

Quote:
More troubling for potential employers is that Tebow struggled badly with the mental side of the game, according to a league source. At age 7, he was diagnosed with dyslexia, a learning disability that affects how he reads and processes information, such as a playbook or game plan. Tebow won a Heisman Trophy and two BCS titles and graduated from Florida with a 3.7 GPA. But he scored a below-average (for QBs) 22 on his Wonderlic test. As a kinesthetic learner, Tebow absorbs information better through using flash cards and hands-on repetitive experience than the traditional method of memorizing diagrams, notes and Polaroids from a playbook. That doesn't mean Tebow isn't smart or that he couldn't develop into a brilliant, quick-thinking quarterback. It just hasn't happened yet.

When the Broncos defense was on the field, offensive coaches would often tell Tebow the first series of plays they wanted to run when the team got the ball back. Tebow would nod, and they'd separate. And then, invariably, a short while later he'd ask for the information again. Sometimes this ritual would repeat right up until Tebow had to duck into the huddle and call the play. As a result, despite starting only 11 games in 2011, Tebow was flagged for delay of game an NFL-high seven times. Worse still was the fact that, according to scouts, Tebow almost never audibled because he struggled to quickly and properly read defenses. And of all the deadly sins Tebow committed against quarterbacking, this was the worst: lacking the self-awareness to recognize and fix these shortcomings. Maybe the most shocking part of Tebowmania isn't that he has been cast out of the NFL after just three years but that he lasted as long as he did.
BroncoInferno is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2013, 03:30 PM   #575
Kaylore
4 time AFCW Champs

12 straight road division wins

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Pat Bowlen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoInferno View Post
Pretty good article on Tebow posted today:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/93...-espn-magazine

I thought these two paragraphs were particularly interesting:
Yeah Right! John Elway made all the teams in the NFL not take him because he's jealous and all 32 teams do what John Elway says.
Kaylore is offline   Reply With Quote