The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read



Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2013, 03:16 PM   #4676
lolcopter
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He was 32/33 yrs old when he left Philly. Hardly old & washed up for a QB.
Spoken like someone who didnt watch mcnabb play over those years

Captain dirtball was completely washed up
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:21 PM   #4677
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!
 
bronco militia's Avatar
 
THE GREATEST

Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: colorado springs, co
Posts: 25,423
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
I don't completely disagree, but to be fair McNabb was old and washed up when he left Philly.
rush was right!



bronco militia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 04:46 PM   #4678
TonyR
Franchise Poster
 
TonyR's Avatar
 

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Mid-Atlantic
Posts: 19,753
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
He was 32/33 yrs old when he left Philly. Hardly old & washed up for a QB.
I live in the Philly market and watched it all unfold from start to finish. McNabb was in steady decline. Shanahan is pretty darn good with QB's too and even he couldn't get anything out of him in D.C.
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:57 PM   #4679
bowtown
Ring of Famer
 
bowtown's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 10,649

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Aaron Brewer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
anyone know about this guy?
Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.
bowtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:03 PM   #4680
peacepipe
Ring of Famer
 
New to the Forum

Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 7,355

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowtown View Post
Was just diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes. Belichick is a heartless bastard.
His diet will change dramatically,no way he's able to keep the weight without doing harm to himself. Bilicheat did him a favor by removing the pressure of keeping at a certain weight.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #4681
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronco militia View Post
rush was right!



Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:29 PM   #4682
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Andy Reid gets so much hype for developing a QB on par with Boomer Easison. QB guru my ass.
I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:35 PM   #4683
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.
Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #4684
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
I don't think you're giving him enough credit. He's done some impressive things with QB's.
Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.

Last edited by DBroncos4life; 05-15-2013 at 07:53 PM..
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:03 PM   #4685
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Getting high draft picks for scrubs doesn't make you a QB guru, it means there are a couple out of work GMs.

He is a good coach, just I think the hype he gets for QBs is over played.
Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.

Last edited by FearLanier; 05-15-2013 at 08:22 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:23 PM   #4686
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,785
Default

McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
Josina Anderson ‏@JosinaAnderson 31s

---->RT @AdamSchein: Text from Garrard: "Having to call it quits. My knee is not holding up. Continuing to swell after practices


Tebow effect.
jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #4687
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Outside of McNabb who has Reid developed?

Kolb? He is a Huge bust.

The kid who is sitting behind Vick and now a rookie QB? Bust

Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.
Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.

Last edited by FearLanier; 05-15-2013 at 08:41 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:46 PM   #4688
Drunken.Broncoholic
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Every QB who Reid has ever had has been drastically better under him than they have anywhere else.

I think that speaks volumes about his ability.
Simply. No. Vick? Kolb? Feeley? Detmer? Hall? Mike McMahon? Reid has had plenty of QBs and only McNabb looked somewhat decent. I don't give credit for Favre either since Reid was a coach at other positions besides QB when Favre was winning.

He didnt develop any of those QBs. What he did was mask how bad they were and teams like Miami and Arizona were duped. Maybe he will mask Alex smith like Harbaugh did, and unless you have a Super Bowl roster that's not gonna get it done.

Last edited by Drunken.Broncoholic; 05-15-2013 at 08:55 PM..
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:58 PM   #4689
broncosteven
Kranz Dictum
 
broncosteven's Avatar
 
AFC WEST CHAMPS Tough and Competent

Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tranquility Base
Posts: 38,248

Adopt-a-Bronco:
CJ Anderson
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearLanier View Post
Kolb looked good with Reid. The fact that he has looked awful without Reid is irrelevant.

What you're saying about Vick is true, but he was never that good throwing the ball in Atlanta.

His accuracy went from 52% average in Atlanta to 62% in his first year starting under Reid. He also only had 6 INT's and had a 100 QBR.
His accuracy, QBR and passing yards were much better with Reid than they ever were in Atlanta.

For the first time in Vick's career, he had a respectable year with his arm rather than just his legs, thanks to Reid.
And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?
broncosteven is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:05 PM   #4690
FearLanier
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
And yet how did Kolb and Vick do in the playoffs?
Did Kolb even play in a playoff game in Philly?

Vick had a fair game. 2 TD's and 1 INT and just under 300 passing yards. If I remember correctly, the Eagles lost that game in the last minute on a last minute scoring attempt.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #4691
Tim
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Reid has been overrated for developing QB's since his green bay days with favre even though he was getting holmgren's dry cleaning till favre was already in his prime then got all the accolades for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:02 PM   #4692
SimonFletcher73
Pro Bowler
 
SimonFletcher73's Avatar
 

Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Denver
Posts: 725

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Goose Gonsoulin
Default

Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.
SimonFletcher73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:08 PM   #4693
Bacchus
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
McNabb failed in Washington and Minnesota more from lacking the mental side than the decline of him physically.
he limited himself because he didn't want to be seen as a running QB.
once he did that he doomed himself. he did pretty well for a few years and then his limitations were exposed as he got older and older.
now Vick was the opposite, he embraced running too much.

Reid is not a QB guru, he is good at putting QB's in a system and making them look good enough to trade. but all have struggled once they left philly, that is very telling.



jets can't get rid of Sanchez to save their life.
though i don't think any QB will do well with that team due to the craptacular offense they have. they have little to no talent on O. they need so many things it's not funny.
but still, the QB play should be a lot better than what Sanchez has shown.
McNabb was so fat he could not run Shanahans hurry up system. He would never get the plays off fast enough. He sat at the LOS caught his breath and then hiked the ball just before the 30 second clock. It pissed Shanahan off he benched him.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #4694
extralife
Ring of Famer
 

Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 5,112
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncosteven View Post
Now he has a QB who cannot use his legs to buy time on a team that has a weak interior OL. Vick and McNabb were both mobile QBs.
Alex Smith is at least as mobile as McNabb was for the majority of his career
extralife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:09 AM   #4695
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,554
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimonFletcher73 View Post
Reid is a regular Bill Walsh at developing QBs if you compare that to his ability of raising his own children.
Wow. Low blow.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:16 AM   #4696
boltaneer
17
 
boltaneer's Avatar
 
ATTA BABY!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: America's Finest City
Posts: 4,554
Default

I think Reid did an fairly impressive job with Vick, though that was short lived.

AJ Feeley and Kolb never developed into anything good.

McNabb and Farve would have been superstars on any team.

He's great at fleecing teams for backup quarterbacks. Kind of ironic since most people feel he got fleeced this time with Alex Smith.
boltaneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:03 PM   #4697
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU
 
DBroncos4life's Avatar
 
Bacon bits

Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: The wrong side of right.
Posts: 28,794

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"
Default

Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 09:27 PM   #4698
pricejj
jungle
 
pricejj's Avatar
 
United In Orange

Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Louisville, CO
Posts: 10,078
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post

Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.
I would expect nothing less from a Pete Carroll coached team.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:12 PM   #4699
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller
 
Lestat's Avatar
 
Say what again! I dare you!

Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 10,785
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
Bruce Irvin - DL - Seahawks

NFL suspended Seahawks DE Bruce Irvin four games for violating the league's policy against performance-enhancing substances.
Irvin has no plans to appeal, admitting he took Adderall without a medical exemption. He'll participate in training camp and preseason, then be barred from all Seahawks activities until Week 5. Irvin, the 15th overall pick in last year's draft, registered eight sacks and a forced fumble as a nickel-rushing rookie. For the first month of the season, at least, Seattle is deep enough to withstand Irvin's loss after adding Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett to their pass-rushing corps.

Third player busted from the Hawks in two years. Yeah no wonder that D is so good.
in the words of Eddie Guerrero. "If you're not cheating, you're not trying."
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:54 PM   #4700
DENVERDUI55
Guest
 

Posts: n/a
Default

Reid being a so called QB guru is a myth.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes



Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:25 PM.


Denver Broncos