The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2013, 11:54 AM   #176
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

So basically, it's going to come down to sign with a Superbowl contender and make a run with PFM and Von Miller, or sign with the worst team in the league for a few 100K more. Guess we'll find out if Charles Woodson is broke or not.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:08 PM   #177
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire77 View Post
So basically, it's going to come down to sign with a Superbowl contender and make a run with PFM and Von Miller, or sign with the worst team in the league for a few 100K more. Guess we'll find out if Charles Woodson is broke or not.
Agree with every word you said, but don't forget that he did live and play for Oakland for the better part of a decade before. Comfortable with that area and probably has preexisting roots established with friends in and out of the organization.
TheReverend is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #178
Popcorn Sutton
Ring of Famer

Don't mess with Popcorn

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Jacob Tamme

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReverend View Post
Agree with every word you said, but don't forget that he did live and play for Oakland for the better part of a decade before. Comfortable with that area and probably has preexisting roots established with friends in and out of the organization.
Who doesn't love Oakland?
Popcorn Sutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:10 PM   #179
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
He also has a ring already. He may not feel the need to win another.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:17 PM   #180
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

He also wants a lot of playing time. Oakland will give him more than us unless we give Woodson the starting SS spot Adams currently occupies.
UberBroncoMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:23 PM   #181
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn Sutton View Post
Who doesn't love Oakland?
He can afford to commute.
Old 05-17-2013, 12:33 PM   #182
DBroncos4life
Hey pic Mod!?!?! FU

Bacon bits

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Julius "Fluff"

I wouldn't want to pay state taxes in California.
DBroncos4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 12:45 PM   #183
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

it likely will come down to playing time, position and overall role on the team more so than money. dude has made plenty of bank and he's one of the smarter players in the league in terms of managing it.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 03:32 PM   #184
DENVERDUI55

Quote:
He can afford to commute.
Yes he can and he really doesn't need to do that. Alameda is a nice place close to the stadium or the Oakland Hills are out of almost all the posters price range on the Omane. There are plenty of nice areas in Oakland.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:41 PM   #185
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Sam Webb@SamWebb77 6h Asked Charles Woodson if he'd take the call from the Lions if they were interested: "if I make it out of Oakland, I'm open"

RUH ROH SPAGHETTIO!

By implying he'$ open if he leave$ Oakland that doe$n't $ound like Denver'$ offer wa$ what he wa$ looking for.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:42 PM   #186
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by DBroncos4life View Post
I wouldn't want to pay state taxes in California.
That eats up the extra few hundred k that Oakland would give him.
pricejj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 08:45 PM   #187
Agamemnon

Quote:
Originally Posted by UberBroncoMan View Post
Sam Webb@SamWebb77 6h Asked Charles Woodson if he'd take the call from the Lions if they were interested: "if I make it out of Oakland, I'm open"

RUH ROH SPAGHETTIO!

By implying he's open if he leaves Oakland that doesn't sound like Denver's offer was what he was looking for.
If he wants to play for those losers rather than possibly win a Super Bowl with us I'm not sure I want him.
Old 05-17-2013, 08:57 PM   #188
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:

RUH ROH SPAGHETTIO!

By implying he'$ open if he leave$ Oakland that doe$n't $ound like Denver'$ offer wa$ what he wa$ looking for.
Sam is usually money on all things Michigan and Michigan related players.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:19 PM   #189
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

BK (104.3 the FAN) reports a Broncos Defensive player said Woodson is significantly better in coverage than Mike Adams...Mike Adams slight edge in tackling.
Old 05-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #190
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Quote:
Originally Posted by pricejj View Post
BK (104.3 the FAN) reports a Broncos Defensive player said Woodson is significantly better in coverage than Mike Adams...Mike Adams slight edge in tackling.
Makes sense and I agree.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:02 AM   #191
spiralism

Quote:

RUH ROH SPAGHETTIO!

Hope he enjoys wrapping his career up going 2-14 then instead of contending for a Super Bowl.
Old 05-18-2013, 05:48 AM   #192
TheReverend
Permanent Facepalm

Not. Too. Shabby.

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Mike Shanahan

Quote:
Upgrading Mike Adams will make Moore look almost as good as he thinks he is.
Old 05-18-2013, 06:35 AM   #193
Bmore Manning

Quote:
That's not cool to talk about team mates.. The only person on defense qualified to make a statement like that, one because he has been around the game and two he has seen Woodson play over the years is Champ Bailey... And after his last performance he shouldn't be bashing someone else's game..
Old 05-18-2013, 06:47 AM   #194
baja
Happy camper

Sweet

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Ware

Although they were met with a contractual stiff-arm, the Broncos remain in play for the services of veteran defensive back Charles Woodson.
Initial negotiations that wrapped up Woodson's visit to the team's Dove Valley headquarters Wednesday hit a snag, enough for the 2009 NFL defensive player of the year to hold off on making a commitment.
So Woodson remains a free agent in no particular rush.
As a player planning to play at least his 16th NFL season, Woodson doesn't really need organized team activities, which begin Monday.
Besides, the Oakland Raiders remain an option for Woodson. He played his first eight NFL seasons with the Raiders. Perhaps as alluring as the Raiders themselves is the location of the

Denver remains a possible landing spot for free agent Charles Woodson (21). (Andy Lyons, Getty Images)
team's training camp: Napa Valley, Calif., where Woodson is the proprietor of TwentyFour winery.
Woodson's wine business specializ

Read more: Veteran DB Charles Woodson in no hurry to sign, but Denver Broncos still in play - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...#ixzz2TeTSwVcp
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 08:20 AM   #195
razorwire77
Tapenade Swagga

"Not too shabby."

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Bradley Roby

I don't really get this. Unless Oakland is giving him a 3 year contract with decent guaranteed money, why wouldn't he sign here?

The Raiders will be lucky to win 5 games this year. I couldn't imagine being a 37-year-old DB and playing on that horrible Colosseum "field" either. He signs with Oakland and he'll probably wind up on IR for a 3 win team. Not the way to end a HOF career.
razorwire77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 11:05 AM   #196
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmore Manning View Post
That's not cool to talk about team mates.. The only person on defense qualified to make a statement like that, one because he has been around the game and two he has seen Woodson play over the years is Champ Bailey... And after his last performance he shouldn't be bashing someone else's game..
the only people truly qualified to talk about the players or coaches are the players so this is beyond a silly statement.

everyone and their mama knows Woodson is a better player and a Broncos player saying it isn't news.
you saying that is as bad as people who were clamoring for Elway's head because he wanted to upgrade over Tebow so that we could have he best chance to win.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:19 AM   #197
pricejj
jungle

United In Orange

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
everyone and their mama knows Woodson is a better player and a Broncos player saying it isn't news.
BK said the Broncos Offensive players who responded to his text agreed that Woodson is significantly better in coverage.

Probably a moot point since Woodson will probably be a Raider.
Old 05-18-2013, 11:44 AM   #198
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
BK said the Broncos Offensive players who responded to his text agreed that Woodson is significantly better in coverage.

Probably a moot point since Woodson will probably be a Raider.
i won't believe it until i see it. i think he's trying to use the Raiders to get a multi year deal or a nice 4-5 mil payday.
Old 05-18-2013, 12:02 PM   #199
UberBroncoMan
Your Local Nostradamus

Wut

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Nathaniel Irvig

Darren Connolly IV@DConnollyNFL #BREAKING #Raiders agree to terms with Charles Woodson, deal will be announced next week #nfl #freeagency

Take it for what it's worth. Dude seems a lil cray cray seeing as how it's not even Tuesday yet.

lul
Old 05-18-2013, 12:06 PM   #200
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

I'm going to be slightly pissed if this comes down to the broncos not being willing to cough up a couple extra dollars on a contract.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote