The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 12:17 AM   #101
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

it sounds like all Benghazzi really amounts to is lax security and then some wierd story about the video being the cause so that the media wouldn't give the republicans ammo in the election. Its pretty bad but no one really cares. Repubs should worry about raising money off it more then anything. Get your base fired up about IRS, Benghazzigate, ap news story, and get money from them.

Enough money can maybe win Montana, Alaska, West Virgina and lead the way to a repub win in 2014. You won't get dems to care about any scandal. They justify anything King Obama does. They love he went after conservatives and covered up a story that would hurt him in the election.
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:19 AM   #102
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutthemdown View Post
What would be funny is for Repubs to win enough seats to take back the Senate. Then the Dems would be the ones fillibustering or vetoing everything and the Repubs would be crying about obstructionism! That would be awesome!
They'd have to make up 6 seats. As demonstrated in the other thread you conveniently ran away from, it's going to be a lot more difficult than you think, along the lines of wishful thinking.

You're just transferring that thought to this thread in the hope that someone else will back up your wishful thinking.

Good luck with that.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:26 AM   #103
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Oh and also someone somewhere should have send more security or help once the attack started. Seriously how lame is that we let them attack again hours later. Repubs should chalk it up for now, get the investigation over with and everyone on record, then just use it for what you can once elections hit. I'd concentrate more on the IRS scandal which Americans will be more scared of. That one shows how you can't trust big govt.

The AP news over reach will score will with independents.
Old 05-16-2013, 12:27 AM   #104
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
They'd have to make up 6 seats. As demonstrated in the other thread you conveniently ran away from, it's going to be a lot more difficult than you think, along the lines of wishful thinking.

You're just transferring that thought to this thread in the hope that someone else will back up your wishful thinking.

Good luck with that.
I looked for that but couldn't find it. What thread was that in. I will go read your lame response right now. Fact is Repubs sure to gain 3 seats and it could go as high as 6 which would get the job done.
Old 05-16-2013, 08:45 AM   #105
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombstone RJ View Post
4. Drone strikes
^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collateral damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?

Last edited by TonyR; 05-16-2013 at 11:03 AM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:48 AM   #106
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I looked for that but couldn't find it. What thread was that in. I will go read your 1.) lame response right now. 2.) Fact is Repubs sure to gain 3 seats and it could go as high as 6 which would get the job done.
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=95

1.) If by "lame" you mean "backed up by facts and figures", then yes.

2.) If by "fact" you mean "backed up by a gut feeling", then yes.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:58 AM   #107
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collater damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?
I don't mind drone strikes but maybe he meant in the USA. Those are a little tougher to swallow. I personally wouldn't mind them in USA borders in certain circumstances. You can have one of those ranches out in the boonies where the nutjobs know if anyone is coming up on them.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:32 PM   #108
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Yeah, 2006 in Karachi and the other three you conveniently left off.
Once again please show where the warnings were ignored....the order to stand down was given....the pleas for help went unanswered.... that it was blamed on a YouTube video..... and that the talking points were changed to exclude all mention about Al Qeada and any other terrorist group..... you know, like what happened in Benghazi.

I know it's tough for liberals like you to understand that the scandalous isn't the fact that the place got attacked...it's the above mentioned things that are the scandal
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:38 PM   #109
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showpos...6&postcount=95

1.) If by "lame" you mean "backed up by facts and figures", then yes.

2.) If by "fact" you mean "backed up by a gut feeling", then yes.
I agree it will be close. IMO repubs get 3 for sure but if the country turns even slightly against Obama, or the dems don't get a good turnout it could swing. Also the NRA will be pumping money big time into Ark/LA/AK/WV etc saying how even if a couple dems vote against gun control to try and save themselves the best way to make sure it doesn't happen is vote repub.

Obviously repubs have to score 6 and IMO it's about 50/50 right now because IMO they already have 3. It will be interesting to see how it plays out and who raises the most cash. IMO repubs will be fired up and contributing. Also I don't see blacks turning out in as high of numbers.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #110
SonOfLe-loLang
Young Buck

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Thunder (RIP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
^ This one in particular amuses me. What specifically don't you like about about drone strikes? If a GOP president was doing this you'd be cheering and waving your pom poms. And please don't tell me it's the occasional killing of innocents after tens of thousands of innocents were killed during the invasion of Iraq and the subsequent occupation. Again, if this were a GOP administration you'd be calling them "collateral damage" and saying that innocents die during war. But don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell us in your own words what you don't like?
I think the drone strikes are pretty **** considering the collateral damage they do. It makes us look really poor within the world community. I'm not saying they don't technically have a purpose, but we seem to use them too wrecklessly.

As far as these "scandals," the more i read on them, none of them (at this point) have any weight. Low level IRS agents singled out conservative groups (I would too...considering these groups are anti-tax), were told by bosses to stop, then they did it again. The white house has no power over these people, and really, who cares. Its not like they made them pay 3 times the taxes.

The Benghazi thing is just absurd. Stop.

And the dept of justice technically did nothing illegal, not to mention there's nothing tying it back to the white house.

If some smoking gun comes out about some deep white house knowledge, then the story changes. But right now, that doesn't exist, and people just wanna b****about something.
SonOfLe-loLang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 01:41 PM   #111
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Sorry, I don't get mine from the television.
They cover it but the newspapers and media in general can put things in a certain order to give them importance, or take it away.

While fox puts it on the front page. NBC may put it on the back burner. He's saying the majority of the media would be more fired up about the Romney white house having an IRS that targeted liberals. If you deny that would not have been a way bigger story, tied to him more, you are crazy.

Just be happy the media is on your side.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #112
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
I think the drone strikes are pretty **** considering the collateral damage they do. It makes us look really poor within the world community. I'm not saying they don't technically have a purpose, but we seem to use them too wrecklessly.

As far as these "scandals," the more i read on them, none of them (at this point) have any weight. Low level IRS agents singled out conservative groups (I would too...considering these groups are anti-tax), were told by bosses to stop, then they did it again. The white house has no power over these people, and really, who cares. Its not like they made them pay 3 times the taxes.

The Benghazi thing is just absurd. Stop.

And the dept of justice technically did nothing illegal, not to mention there's nothing tying it back to the white house.

If some smoking gun comes out about some deep white house knowledge, then the story changes. But right now, that doesn't exist, and people just wanna b****about something.
How are you so convinced that is all the IRS did? Don't you think they need a full investigation? But Obama refuses to name a special investigator which is needed to root out govt corruption. How do we know that more conservatives weren't audited? We need a complete audit of the IRS.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:45 PM   #113
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfLe-loLang View Post
Oh I agree. There are definitely moral/ethical dilemmas and issues with these drones. My point was directed at the hypocrisy of the poster I was responding to on this particular point. Notice that he still hasn't responded to my inquiry.
Old 05-16-2013, 01:46 PM   #114
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
In reality, we have Benghazi, the IRS targeting of conservative groups, and the Justice Department’s aggressive investigation into a national security leak. … To call all three “scandals,” and to create, to manufacture, a scandalfog machine and set it in the direction of the White House is to either deliberately ignore the facts underlying these three events or to eagerly make imaginative leaps in order to create the narrative of a scandal-plagued White House without any real plot points.
http://theweek.com/article/index/244...cally-impaired
Old 05-16-2013, 01:49 PM   #115
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by errand View Post
Once again please show where the warnings were ignored....the order to stand down was given....the pleas for help went unanswered.... that it was blamed on a YouTube video..... and that the talking points were changed to exclude all mention about Al Qeada and any other terrorist group..... you know, like what happened in Benghazi.

I know it's tough for liberals like you to understand that the scandalous isn't the fact that the place got attacked...it's the above mentioned things that are the scandal
I already addressed how the situations aren't exactly parallel a lot earlier in the thread to TEKO. Congrats on being late to the program.

And please, don't talk down to me and insult my intelligence. You are one of the last people on this forum to be in a position to do so.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:13 PM   #116
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
How are you so convinced that is all the IRS did? Don't you think they need a full investigation? But Obama refuses to name a special investigator which is needed to root out govt corruption. How do we know that more conservatives weren't audited? We need a complete audit of the IRS.
He doesn't know and he is making up his mind by making it some low level guys in the IRS doing this dirty work. I am more sad that he has no problem doing this based on groups as an anti tax. How about those liberals that are pro tax but takes every possible tax loophole available to them? You cannot go after a certain group no matter what their politics are. There is a law that protects all of us from this type of "witch hunt" from the federal government.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 07:09 PM   #117
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
He doesn't know and he is making up his mind by making it some low level guys in the IRS doing this dirty work. I am more sad that he has no problem doing this based on groups as an anti tax. How about those liberals that are pro tax but takes every possible tax loophole available to them? You cannot go after a certain group no matter what their politics are. There is a law that protects all of us from this type of "witch hunt" from the federal government.
benghazzi IMO is pretty much over even thought repubs don't want it to be. But I think the IRS thing needs a special investigator and the AP News story needs to be looked at more closely. Holder is lying IMO and we can't have that. Also Holder too close to Obama to investigate the IRS. It needs a special investigator to look at the whole dept. Lets see what is going on there for sure no questions about it. Our tax collector is too important and has the potential to ruin the countries faith they are fair and balanced. Very dangerous and we need to make sure no one from the white house knew a thing about it.

Obama saying he didn;t know not enough. He skirted the question did anyone else know. We need a big time look in this.
Old 05-17-2013, 03:46 PM   #118
El Minion
Ring of Famer

El Minion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 07:49 PM   #119
gunns
I WANT DEFENSE!

Defense, defense, defense

Adopt-a-Bronco:
TJ Ward

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
Yeah the (D)s are in charge now. So, nothing to see here, move along. But Valerie Plame though, that's a much worse scandal. Almost as bad as Watergate, and all the people that died in th...oh wait....
Of course there's the Iraq scandal. But that couldn't possibly compare and to what I'm still trying to figure out.
gunns is offline   Reply With Quote