The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #151
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
are you high again?
Yeah but were my brain cells ever actually denied the THC?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:04 PM   #152
cutthemdown
A verbis ad verbera

Zimm to HOF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rigs11 View Post
My point is these groups have a ton of cash, why should they just be tax exempt?
you should get high. You're kidding right? How much money they have has nothing to do with whether or not you get tax exempt status. Are you that stupid?
cutthemdown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:29 PM   #153
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

acting IRS director 'resigns at president's request'. huh, i thought the president said the IRS was independent.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:35 PM   #154
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
IRS officials refused to grant tax exempt status two pro-life organizations because of their position on the abortion issue, according to a non-profit law firm, which said that one group was pressured not to protest a pro-choice organization that endorsed President Obama during the last election.

“In one case, the IRS withheld approval of an application for tax exempt status for Coalition for Life of Iowa. In a phone call to Coalition for Life of Iowa leaders on June 6, 2009, the IRS agent ‘Ms. Richards’ told the group to send a letter to the IRS with the entire board’s signatures stating that, under perjury of the law, they do not picket/protest or organize groups to picket or protest outside of Planned Parenthood,” the Thomas More Society announced today. “Once the IRS received this letter, their application would be approved.”
Must be a coincidence that Planned Parenthood endorsed Obama. Nothing to see here, i'm sure.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/report...rticle/2529750

Last edited by Smiling Assassin27; 05-15-2013 at 03:37 PM..
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:39 PM   #155
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Assassin27 View Post
acting IRS director 'resigns at president's request'. huh, i thought the president said the IRS was independent.
It is, the president can still fire the guy. Jobs at the IRS are not lifetime appointments.
BTW, you guys all know that the commissioner that all this happened under was a Republican appointee, appointed by GWB.

Last edited by peacepipe; 05-15-2013 at 03:43 PM..
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:41 PM   #156
DenverBrit
Just hanging out.

Got a breath mint??

Adopt-a-Bronco:
The Team

Quote:
Should he stay?

Quote:
Treasury Secretary Jack Lew had sought and accepted Miller's resignation — something many Republicans had demanded.

Last edited by DenverBrit; 05-15-2013 at 04:03 PM..
DenverBrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:42 PM   #157
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Sirota's a serial exaggerationist...
So we should add him to your list of people you don't like and are always wrong and not to be believed or trusted because they don't always agree with you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoBeavis View Post
Using the possibility of past wrongdoing to excuse the current (and far more widespread)
Good grief, did you miss the very first line of the article?!?

Quote:
As your kindergarten teacher probably told you, two wrongs do not make a right.

Last edited by TonyR; 05-15-2013 at 04:01 PM..
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 03:51 PM   #158
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Must be a coincidence that Planned Parenthood endorsed Obama. Nothing to see here, i'm sure.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/report...rticle/2529750
How the IRS, led by a GWB appointee, could do this is outrageous!
Old 05-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #159
BroncoBeavis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyR View Post
So we should add him to your list of people you don't like and are always wrong and not to be believed or trusted because they don't always agree with you?
http://www.salon.com/2013/04/16/lets...hite_american/

Quote:
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American
Yes, please go ahead and chalk him up. Right ahead of Ezra, but behind Dr. Sullivan, tele-OBGYN.
Old 05-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #160
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
How the IRS, led by a GWB appointee, could do this is outrageous!
You're really trying aren't you?
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 05:14 PM   #161
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
You're really trying aren't you?
The facts are what they are. BTW, has any of you been able to actually connect this to Obama? So far all that's been proven is that the IRS had a couple of bad apples.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #162
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
The facts are what they are. BTW, has any of you been able to actually connect this to Obama? So far all that's been proven is that the IRS had a couple of bad apples.
According to you it's Bush's fault. For some reason I'm not surprise with your conclusion.
Old 05-15-2013, 06:49 PM   #163
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pony Boy View Post
Quoted from the little man that has no potential. Please get back with us when you are living any part of the American Dream.
Considering you are a middle-aged person spending a majority of your social time pissing in the ear of people half your age online, I don't know if you should be talking about potential. Must be a humbling feeling knowing that your "best" days aren't ahead of you and have already past you by, huh? Sure sounded like it when you told me stories about what you are doing with your life that you felt so bad about that you didn't want others on here to know.

At any case: Your version of the "American Dream" and mine are probably quite different. As it is for most people. That is how it sticks around, because it can re-invent itself. It may be a central ethos in American culture, but it is highly transient and the concept of what it means has greatly changed through the course of history in this country. Never really bought into the myth, but it is obvious you did. Big houses, business endeavors, big trucks, materialism and ownership, being all about yourself. You are pretty much like everyone else. Boring.

At its core, the old protestant belief and fables of going from rages to riches -- emphasizing individualism is highly contestable. I could begin to talk about coercive and mimetic isomorphism, elite theory, marginalization, mobility, etc. but it would be a waste of my time because we would get into areas that require high intellect that you would be unable to participate in because you are not an educated person and lack the critical thinking skills necessary to engage in such talks.

I am a firm believer in having your own dreams, sets of goals and lists of things to accomplish. Fortunately, I was raised well enough to not get in competition with the Jones' and am smart enough to avoid the pitfalls socially and economically that plague this society. Very pleased with my life experiences so far and am stoked for what is to come. I know I will get to where I am going . . . and I definitely know I won't be a miserable middle-aged malcontent such as yourself demonstrating your behavior 20 to 30 years down the road.
Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 07:53 PM   #164
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Old 05-15-2013, 07:54 PM   #165
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
According to you it's Bush's fault. For some reason I'm not surprise with your conclusion.
More likely it's neither gwb or Obama's fault.
Old 05-15-2013, 08:16 PM   #166
Pony Boy
"Whoa Nellie"

Omaha !!!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
mellon head

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem View Post
Considering you are a middle-aged person spending a majority of your social time pissing in the ear of people half your age online, I don't know if you should be talking about potential. Must be a humbling feeling knowing that your "best" days aren't ahead of you and have already past you by, huh? Sure sounded like it when you told me stories about what you are doing with your life that you felt so bad about that you didn't want others on here to know.

At any case: Your version of the "American Dream" and mine are probably quite different. As it is for most people. That is how it sticks around, because it can re-invent itself. It may be a central ethos in American culture, but it is highly transient and the concept of what it means has greatly changed through the course of history in this country. Never really bought into the myth, but it is obvious you did. Big houses, business endeavors, big trucks, materialism and ownership, being all about yourself. You are pretty much like everyone else. Boring.

At its core, the old protestant belief and fables of going from rages to riches -- emphasizing individualism is highly contestable. I could begin to talk about coercive and mimetic isomorphism, elite theory, marginalization, mobility, etc. but it would be a waste of my time because we would get into areas that require high intellect that you would be unable to participate in because you are not an educated person and lack the critical thinking skills necessary to engage in such talks.

I am a firm believer in having your own dreams, sets of goals and lists of things to accomplish. Fortunately, I was raised well enough to not get in competition with the Jones' and am smart enough to avoid the pitfalls socially and economically that plague this society. Very pleased with my life experiences so far and am stoked for what is to come. I know I will get to where I am going . . . and I definitely know I won't be a miserable middle-aged malcontent such as yourself demonstrating your behavior 20 to 30 years down the road.
JFC…..Tiny Tim your really are a p***Y, the way I see it you spend half your life on the OM. Most guys your age are working their ass off to support a family but on the bright side we won’t have to worry about you pissing in the gene pool and passing your lazy ass DNA on to others.
Pony Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:28 PM   #167
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
JFC…..Tiny Tim your really are a p***Y, the way I see it you spend half your life on the OM. Most guys your age are working their ass off to support a family but on the bright side we won’t have to worry about you pissing in the gene pool and passing your lazy ass DNA on to others.
Good deflection, but he's pretty much right.

Your "potential", if there ever were any, was used up long ago. Now you'll just be another old POS with a bone to pick. Your only contribution to society will be the taxes you pay, which is kind of ironic, considering your ideology.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:39 PM   #168
errand
Ring of Famer

Forgot more than you'll ever know

Everyone is wondering why the IRS would need to know what books people read or what they posted on their FaceBook pages....perhaps this explains why -

http://dailycaller.com/2013/05/14/ir...it-propublica/
errand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 08:41 PM   #169
spdirty
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Quentin Jammer

Quote:

I am a firm believer in having your own dreams, sets of goals and lists of things to accomplish. Fortunately, I was raised well enough to not get in competition with the Jones' and am smart enough to avoid the pitfalls socially and economically that plague this society. Very pleased with my life experiences so far and am stoked for what is to come. I know I will get to where I am going . . .
I found this part of your quote interesting. I don't much care for the argument with pony boy, just curious as to what your goals in life and things to accomplish are. What is your American Dream?

I'll start since I asked first. For me, it's raising my boys right, strengthening my marriage, getting my house paid off, and strengthening the family business. Pretty simple and boring stuff I admit. But to me, once those things are accomplished, then my wife and I can move onto more exciting, fun goals. In fact accomplishing those 4 simple things are my American Dream. Curious as to what yours are.
spdirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 09:39 PM   #170
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
JFC…..Tiny Tim your really are a p***Y, the way I see it you spend half your life on the OM.
You apparently don't see too well. I get a lot of downtime at work where I'm allowed to mosey on the forums because I do my job very well. Multi-tasking might be hard for you, but it comes naturally to me.

Quote:
Most guys your age are working their ass off to support a family but on the bright side we won’t have to worry about you pissing in the gene pool and passing your lazy ass DNA on to others.
Except that really isn't the case. You wouldn't have a clue on what is going on with my generation. You are so far socially detached from anything that resembles reality that you don't really have a dog in this fight to make an assertion, but I will humor you.

There aren't many people in the Millennial generation at 26 who are popping out kids and having families. Out of all my high school and college friends, I can only think of a handful that are actually have families at this time. Things aren't like they used to be.

Most are enjoying themselves, pursuing graduate school aspirations or building a foundation for themselves to that in the future they can afford to have a family. Considering the economic climate for most recent graduates in my peer group and those forthcoming, having a family is simply something they cannot afford, and for most they just don't have an interest in.

I do know some people at my age (or younger) who are having families outside of marriage, get their girlfriends to be on WIC and social welfare programs to help pay for these things. Usually, these are the kids that didn't get **** rolling for them in high school, nor ever tried to better themselves. You would be more apt to direct your comments to them.

I will decide to have children when I am ready. I have a lot of things I want to do personally that would not be possible if I was tied down with a child. It was one of the primary reasons my ex and I aren't together because she wanted to start a family while in school and there was no chance in Hell I'd roll with that.

But keep it up man. You demonstrate every day how sad and pathetic of an individual you really are. Trying to attack me saying that I live in a basement (), don't work () and all this other stuff, while passing off PM's to other people on the board trying to bring me down. What are you, a 16 year old girl? You read my posts and probably think I get all flustered and angry with your diatribe. I don't. I just laugh and smile knowing that I have been blessed to the point where I will never be as morose and empty as you are.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:04 PM   #171
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by spdirty View Post
I found this part of your quote interesting. I don't much care for the argument with pony boy, just curious as to what your goals in life and things to accomplish are. What is your American Dream?

I'll start since I asked first. For me, it's raising my boys right, strengthening my marriage, getting my house paid off, and strengthening the family business. Pretty simple and boring stuff I admit. But to me, once those things are accomplished, then my wife and I can move onto more exciting, fun goals. In fact accomplishing those 4 simple things are my American Dream. Curious as to what yours are.
And that is a wonderful dream for you to have. There is nothing wrong with wanting to become a better spouse, raising your kids right, getting out of debt and making the central part of your income (I'd guess your family business is that) -- stronger. Those are all big parts of your life and you want to do your best to ensure stability for not only yourself, but your loved ones. It's an admirable thing.

I will preface the following with this:
I do not see my life goals and aims as separate endeavors, but in a broader sense a system of experience.

Here I go. . .

To learn something new every day. Better myself with knowledge and become familiar with something I am completely foreign to. The pursuit of knowledge is something I hold in extremely high regard. I probably read a half of a book a day, and if it isn't a book, it's scholarly journals on topics I have significant interest in, such as politics and evolutionary anthropology. I do not take this opportunity for granted. Most people I know do. They'd rather play WoW all day or veg out in front of their televisions. Not my kind of thing.

To be there for my mom, dad, brothers, sister(s). I won't get too deep into this, but my immediate family is pretty fractured. I am the only person that talks to everyone out of the people I listed. I am in the middle of everything and have been as a child. I removed that being a burden from my life as I grew up and realized that regardless of bad blood between others, I can still have quality relationships with everyone -- and after years of work, I do. Family is sacred to me. It always has been, always will be. It is one of the reasons I love genaeology so much and have been working on a Family History book to be compiled and given to everyone. I believe that knowing your roots and where you came from is important. Obviously my ancestors (at some point in time) did too -- considering we have records and letters dating back several centuries.

I'd also like to get my DNA Haplogroups analyzed. There are a lot of reasons for this. I could anthro-geek out on you, but this is already going to be along post.

I also want to travel the world and spend time abroad immersing myself in different cultures and testing my own limits. This means living somewhere else for a while. See what the world is like outside of the USA. The best things in life aren't things, and I believe that getting as much out of my experience here as *me* is very important.

I write all the time. Music, poetry and books. I have projects for each of them. This July I get to go to Minneapolis to start recording songs I have been working on for twelve years. To finally get that done will be great. I have 40 or 50 page PDF of poetry I have written since I was a teenager that I am going to compile and self-publish. I am going to make them all unique and individual (no book/pamphlet) will be the same and sell them for a couple dollars. I am working on my first fiction novel and also doing an analysis of American Culture to use as a foundation towards graduate school aspirations.

I have aspirations to obtain at the minimum a Master's in one of the two majors I had in college, and if I play my cards right, a PhD. I am a versatile person who can do a lot of things, but I have known from a long time I wanted to either do research or teach. A lot of positions would allow me to do both. I am just very interested and good at those things. I connect with almost everyone, anybody from anywhere, despite age, origins, etc.

I give everyone a chance and thoroughly enjoy spending time with others. I also do a good job of encouraging others and like helping them reach their goals and get past their struggles. That is why I am such a well-liked person (not bragging, just being honest) and have a social circle that spans the entire globe. It is just too bad flying costs so much, otherwise I'd have already visited friends who have moved back to their homes in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Haven't made an Aussie friend yet!

If I had some sort of grand, materialistic goal, I would like to have an eco-friendly, modernized (different than usual architecture) either by a lake, ocean or in the mountains. I am tired of the plains. I want it to be able to be a place where family and friends are always welcome. A place of healing. A place to become educated. A place to jam out.

I just want to make the most out of my life and have a great ride.

That is just the tip of the iceberg. Hope that is suitable.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:18 PM   #172
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And that is a wonderful dream for you to have. There is nothing wrong with wanting to become a better spouse, raising your kids right, getting out of debt and making the central part of your income (I'd guess your family business is that) -- stronger. Those are all big parts of your life and you want to do your best to ensure stability for not only yourself, but your loved ones. It's an admirable thing.

I will preface the following with this:
I do not see my life goals and aims as separate endeavors, but in a broader sense a system of experience.

Here I go. . .

To learn something new every day. Better myself with knowledge and become familiar with something I am completely foreign to. The pursuit of knowledge is something I hold in extremely high regard. I probably read a half of a book a day, and if it isn't a book, it's scholarly journals on topics I have significant interest in, such as politics and evolutionary anthropology. I do not take this opportunity for granted. Most people I know do. They'd rather play WoW all day or veg out in front of their televisions. Not my kind of thing.

To be there for my mom, dad, brothers, sister(s). I won't get too deep into this, but my immediate family is pretty fractured. I am the only person that talks to everyone out of the people I listed. I am in the middle of everything and have been as a child. I removed that being a burden from my life as I grew up and realized that regardless of bad blood between others, I can still have quality relationships with everyone -- and after years of work, I do. Family is sacred to me. It always has been, always will be. It is one of the reasons I love genaeology so much and have been working on a Family History book to be compiled and given to everyone. I believe that knowing your roots and where you came from is important. Obviously my ancestors (at some point in time) did too -- considering we have records and letters dating back several centuries.

I'd also like to get my DNA Haplogroups analyzed. There are a lot of reasons for this. I could anthro-geek out on you, but this is already going to be along post.

I also want to travel the world and spend time abroad immersing myself in different cultures and testing my own limits. This means living somewhere else for a while. See what the world is like outside of the USA. The best things in life aren't things, and I believe that getting as much out of my experience here as *me* is very important.

I write all the time. Music, poetry and books. I have projects for each of them. This July I get to go to Minneapolis to start recording songs I have been working on for twelve years. To finally get that done will be great. I have 40 or 50 page PDF of poetry I have written since I was a teenager that I am going to compile and self-publish. I am going to make them all unique and individual (no book/pamphlet) will be the same and sell them for a couple dollars. I am working on my first fiction novel and also doing an analysis of American Culture to use as a foundation towards graduate school aspirations.

I have aspirations to obtain at the minimum a Master's in one of the two majors I had in college, and if I play my cards right, a PhD. I am a versatile person who can do a lot of things, but I have known from a long time I wanted to either do research or teach. A lot of positions would allow me to do both. I am just very interested and good at those things. I connect with almost everyone, anybody from anywhere, despite age, origins, etc.

I give everyone a chance and thoroughly enjoy spending time with others. I also do a good job of encouraging others and like helping them reach their goals and get past their struggles. That is why I am such a well-liked person (not bragging, just being honest) and have a social circle that spans the entire globe. It is just too bad flying costs so much, otherwise I'd have already visited friends who have moved back to their homes in Europe, Asia, Africa and South America. Haven't made an Aussie friend yet!

If I had some sort of grand, materialistic goal, I would like to have an eco-friendly, modernized (different than usual architecture) either by a lake, ocean or in the mountains. I am tired of the plains. I want it to be able to be a place where family and friends are always welcome. A place of healing. A place to become educated. A place to jam out.

I just want to make the most out of my life and have a great ride.

That is just the tip of the iceberg. Hope that is suitable.
I don't see anything in there about making money.

YOU'RE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY BECAUSE YOUR GOALS DON'T INCLUDE MAKING MORE MONEY MONEY MONEY
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 10:24 PM   #173
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball
Default CAN WE PLEASE GET BACK ON TOPIC???

IRS Suspicion Widens: GOP Donors Question Audits

There is a widening circle of prominent Republican donors and activists stepping forward this week to declare that they were audited by the IRS, and many now are questioning if they were targeted for their political views.

"It makes you wonder," said Charlie Moncrief, a Texas oil executive who is raised more than $1 million for Mitt Romney's 2012 presidential bid. "You just don't know. But given what's out there now, you have to ask the question."

The wave of mistrust on the part of prominent conservatives comes in response to a report by the IRS Inspector General's office published Tuesday that suggested the IRS singled out conservative advocacy groups -- specifically those with references to the Tea Party in their names -- for special scrutiny after they had applied for nonprofit status. The report has triggered a federal investigation into whether officials inside the taxing agency let political motives guide their actions.

Now Frank VanderSloot, an Idaho businessman who donated more than $1 million to groups supporting Romney, told ABC News he believes he may have been targeted for an audit after his opposition to the Obama administration. So did Hal Scherz, a physician who started the group Docs4PatientCare to lobby against President Obama's health care initiative, and became a vocal critic of the president on cable news programs. Franklin Graham, the son of the evangelist Billy Graham, said he believes his father was a target of unusual IRS scrutiny as well, according to published reports Wednesday.

Graham told Politico that groups founded by his famous father, the Billy Graham Evangelistic Association and the family's international humanitarian organization Samaritan's Purse, were both subjected to aggressive action by the IRS. In a letter to President Obama, which he shared with the news outlet, he wrote: "I do not believe that the IRS audit of our two organizations last year is a coincidence -- or justifiable."

So far, the suggestions of impropriety at the Internal Revenue Service have been limited to the agency's review of advocacy groups that had applied for nonprofit status. The IRS Inspector General's office has not signaled that political factors could have bled into audits of individuals and the IRS maintained in a letter to the Inspector General that its agents made no decisions "out of partisan or political viewpoint."

The IRS reiterated today that politics "play[s] no factor in audit selection."

"The IRS stresses that audits are based on the information contained on the tax return and the underlying tax law," the agency said. "The audit process is handled by career, non-partisan civil servants, and we have processes in place to safeguard the exam process."

But many of those in an already skeptical group of prominent conservatives are unconvinced.

"I happen to believe there are people inside the IRS who feel emboldened," said Cleta Mitchell, a Washington attorney who represents several of the conservative groups that were audited. "I've heard of several instances of donors to conservative causes who were audited. We need to find out if this is just random or if it's more than that."

Mitchell said she is hearing from a range of high-profile Republicans who want to know if their politics motivated the government's decision to audit them.

"I suspect that they looked at individuals as well," Scherz told ABC News. "It is odd that nothing changed on my tax return and I was never audited until I publicly criticized Obamacare."

http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/irs-su...8#.UZRs5LXVAoM
Old 05-15-2013, 10:31 PM   #174
Requiem
~~~

~ ~ ~

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Princes of Tara

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
I don't see anything in there about making money.

YOU'RE A DRAIN ON SOCIETY BECAUSE YOUR GOALS DON'T INCLUDE MAKING MORE MONEY MONEY MONEY
Hehe, why should I make something that isn't even real in the first place a goal? :O But yeah, I know dude. I totally suck because I don't long for the greenbacks. There is a reason for that though.

It was the primary pursuit of my dad in life and it has made him absolutely miserable. He retired after 30 years of federal service, doesn't have a debt to his name and cash for days (like insane amounts, enough to be able to build a garage bigger than most people's houses just to store sports cars), but he is always upset, stressed and worried about something. All the money in the world can't make him happy. Want to know what the pathetic thing is? I made his business cards, brochures and website for his new business endeavor and he was low enough to ask me if I'd give him the family discount. I was pretty baffled by it. People with the most money are always the ****ing cheapest. I really feel bad for the guy. I guess it didn't mean that much to me, it was money coming in that I didn't expect, so whatever.

On a side note. . .

He once asked me when I left my job as a project manager in the legal realm, "How could you just walk away from a job that paid you a lot coming out of school and gave you great benefits?"

I looked at him and said, "I know a man pretty well who had the same thing going for him, but hated every day he walked into work for the 30 years he was there. It was the perfect example of what I didn't want to become."

Staying at that job would have given me a lot of money, but like I said, I don't give a ****. I did what I wanted to do, had a great time in Colorado and unfortunately had to come back home to bury three family members within a year because it was asked of me by my grandparents (the ones who died) to do so because they trusted me with carrying on their legacy.

So yeah, **** Pony Boy for trying to bring that **** up too. Not many people my age who are willing to put their lives on hold to help others. So yeah, Pony -- lick Wayne Newton's 9.
Old 05-15-2013, 10:36 PM   #175
Fedaykin
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
Hehe, why should I make something that isn't even real in the first place a goal? :O But yeah, I know dude. I totally suck because I don't long for the greenbacks. There is a reason for that though.

It was the primary pursuit of my dad in life and it has made him absolutely miserable. He retired after 30 years of federal service, doesn't have a debt to his name and cash for days (like insane amounts, enough to be able to build a garage bigger than most people's houses just to store sports cars), but he is always upset, stressed and worried about something. All the money in the world can't make him happy. Want to know what the pathetic thing is? I made his business cards, brochures and website for his new business endeavor and he was low enough to ask me if I'd give him the family discount. I was pretty baffled by it. People with the most money are always the ****ing cheapest. I really feel bad for the guy. I guess it didn't mean that much to me, it was money coming in that I didn't expect, so whatever.

On a side note. . .

He once asked me when I left my job as a project manager in the legal realm, "How could you just walk away from a job that paid you a lot coming out of school and gave you great benefits?"

I looked at him and said, "I know a man pretty well who had the same thing going for him, but hated every day he walked into work for the 30 years he was there. It was the perfect example of what I didn't want to become."

Staying at that job would have given me a lot of money, but like I said, I don't give a ****. I did what I wanted to do, had a great time in Colorado and unfortunately had to come back home to bury three family members within a year because it was asked of me by my grandparents (the ones who died) to do so because they trusted me with carrying on their legacy.

So yeah, **** Pony Boy for trying to bring that **** up too. Not many people my age who are willing to put their lives on hold to help others. So yeah, Pony -- lick Wayne Newton's 9.

I have to agree with Houghtam here again. I see lots of sniveling above about trying to be a decent cultured human being or some such nonsense, but nothing about the only thing that matters: money.

Really need to get you priorities in order sonny.
Fedaykin is offline   Reply With Quote