The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Orange Mane Discussion > Orange Mane Central Discussion
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2013, 09:55 PM   #1401
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

Fat Bruce loses another Game 7.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 11:38 PM   #1402
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Seriously. I dont understand how the Wings do it. Their team is junk besides Z and Datsyuk. That Ducks team has tons of talent but Perry/Ryan/Selanne/Koivu failed to show up. I think they need a new coach/system.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 12:29 AM   #1403
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Say what again! I dare you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aftermath View Post
Seriously. I dont understand how the Wings do it. Their team is junk besides Z and Datsyuk. That Ducks team has tons of talent but Perry/Ryan/Selanne/Koivu failed to show up. I think they need a new coach/system.
Babcock despite his detractors is no joke. the dude can coach his butt off.
Lestat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:43 AM   #1404
socalorado
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lestat View Post
Yep. Outcoached by Babcock. How did he do it? Simple. Play dirty.
1st, the ref wings get a ton of penalty calls anyways, so taking a
penalty for a dirty hit aint no biggie in Babcocks, mind as long as it pays off in the end. And it did. Ducks never matched the physicality of the ref wings and they paid for it.
Also, the Ducks NEVER should have paid Perry when they did. He wasnt playing well this year anyways, and he just mailed it in once he got his check. The best Duck for the entire series was rookie Emerson Etem, which is kinda cool, but not much of a consolation.
Ducks would have been killed by LA anyways.
Worst Duck alongside Perry was Cam Fowler. This guy absolutely blows. I have never seen a player get more accolades, and never have anything to show for it than this guy. No shot from the point, terrible puck skills, and is an absolute wussy, who couldnt hit an opposing player to save his life.
Useless, and hopefully dumped in the offseason. Overrated beyond belief.
socalorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:47 AM   #1405
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
This season he has been the best coach in the league, you just don't go to the semifinals with a rebuilding roster when you lose over 250 games to injury in a 48 game season.
gyldenlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 06:51 AM   #1406
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
The fact that Datsyuk and Zetterberg put up 7 and 8 points respectively while keeping Getzlaf, Ryan and Perry to 6, 4 and 2 tells you what you need to know - in the playoffs your best players have to be your best players and they were for Detroit, but not for Anaheim.

Getzlaf was a stud, but Perry and Ryan never got going and Selanne just couldn't make things happen.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 AM   #1407
bronco militia
OMG...this is horrible!

THE GREATEST

goaltending was the biggest difference, but then the wings out skated and out worked the ducks most of the series. I don't think anyone saw that coming.
bronco militia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:41 AM   #1408
Smiling Assassin27
Louisville Soul Train

Hurry Hurry

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Von Miller

Quote:
Ducks had twice the talent and half the heart. The Red Wings are essentially rebuilding with the farm system and had ungodly man games lost due to injury but one thing they can do is skate now. Guys like nyquist, kindl, brunner, andersson, abdelkader, filppula, et al can all skate. Getting samuelsson back to man the point on the pp makes a HUGE difference as well and franzen just does what he doesn come playoff time.

The thing that's shocked me is the rock solid defense of guys like ericsson and, as of late, colaiacovo. none of 'em are gonna ring up points but are staying at home and chipping in with an occasional assist or goal. Z and Dats can score anytime they're on the ice but, more importantly, they are solid defensively and can create for others.

Finally, there's Howard. He didn't set the world afire this series but kept the wings in it and the stats sure don't tell the story with him in this series.
Smiling Assassin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 08:50 AM   #1409
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
penalty for a dirty hit aint no biggie in Babcocks, mind as long as it pays off in the end. And it did. Ducks never matched the physicality of the ref wings and they paid for it.
Also, the Ducks NEVER should have paid Perry when they did. He wasnt playing well this year anyways, and he just mailed it in once he got his check. The best Duck for the entire series was rookie Emerson Etem, which is kinda cool, but not much of a consolation.
Worst Duck alongside Perry was Cam Fowler. This guy absolutely blows. I have never seen a player get more accolades, and never have anything to show for it than this guy. No shot from the point, terrible puck skills, and is an absolute wussy, who couldnt hit an opposing player to save his life.
Don't blame it on the refs. Quacks blew the game on their own PP. Soon as I saw that shortie, I knew it was game over for the Quacks.
24champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 10:34 AM   #1410
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyldenlove View Post
This season he has been the best coach in the league, you just don't go to the semifinals with a rebuilding roster when you lose over 250 games to injury in a 48 game season.
oh i agree. i always shake my head when people say Babcock is not a good coach.
i hate the wings like a fierce conservative hates a severely leftist liberal.
but they have a great team model and they find ways to win over and over. similar to the Steelers in football.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:48 AM   #1411
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
oh i agree. i always shake my head when people say Babcock is not a good coach.
i hate the wings like a fierce conservative hates a severely leftist liberal.
but they have a great team model and they find ways to win over and over. similar to the Steelers in football.
I think their team model broke down this year, a lot was riding on being able to sign Ryan Suter in the offseason and when he went to Minnesota the front office was really scrambling - the signing of Coliacovo was really just a panic reflex more than anything.

This coming offseason will be interesting, the only UFAs the Wings have to deal with are Damien Brunner and Val Filppula. I think Cleary will be allowed to test free agency, if he doesn't get signed elsewhere he may get a low end offer from Detroit, but I think his days are numbered.

Ian White will certainly be let walk. Kronwall, Ericson, Dekeyser, Smith, Kindl, Quincey and Coliacovo will be enough with Lashoff providing depth.

The Wings have 11 million and change to do with, they have to sign Smith, Kindl, Nyquist and Anderson to RFA deals and Filppula and Brunner to UFA deals - I would estimate that Anderson can be had for around 1 million per year for 2 years, Nyquist a bit more but not much, maybe 1.3 per year. Smith and Kindle will both be closer to 2 million per year - lets just say 4.5 per year for the 4 of them, that leaves 6.5 for Brunner, Filppula and a free agent forward - and that is before you start thinking about demoting Bertuzzi.
Old 05-13-2013, 10:59 AM   #1412
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
I think their team model broke down this year, a lot was riding on being able to sign Ryan Suter in the offseason and when he went to Minnesota the front office was really scrambling - the signing of Coliacovo was really just a panic reflex more than anything.

This coming offseason will be interesting, the only UFAs the Wings have to deal with are Damien Brunner and Val Filppula. I think Cleary will be allowed to test free agency, if he doesn't get signed elsewhere he may get a low end offer from Detroit, but I think his days are numbered.

Ian White will certainly be let walk. Kronwall, Ericson, Dekeyser, Smith, Kindl, Quincey and Coliacovo will be enough with Lashoff providing depth.

The Wings have 11 million and change to do with, they have to sign Smith, Kindl, Nyquist and Anderson to RFA deals and Filppula and Brunner to UFA deals - I would estimate that Anderson can be had for around 1 million per year for 2 years, Nyquist a bit more but not much, maybe 1.3 per year. Smith and Kindle will both be closer to 2 million per year - lets just say 4.5 per year for the 4 of them, that leaves 6.5 for Brunner, Filppula and a free agent forward - and that is before you start thinking about demoting Bertuzzi.
they have tough decisions to make for sure. but i'd rather my Avs be in the Wings position than picking #1.

hopefully when we add Jones to the fold we'll have enough punch to play D.
now we just need a good coach.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:01 AM   #1413
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by socalorado View Post
I agree with a lot of this but Ducks were physical at home when the series started. If you have a good PK unit, you can get away with the dirty plays. This is the Ducks fault for not getting the 5 on 4 goals. Etem and Getzlaf were on it and Datsyuk was awesome even though one player doesn't have every possible shift. Ducks didn't take care of it when he was off the ice. Cam Fowler has had the sophmore jinx after a great rookie season. He is MIA for most of the season. Two years in a row where it is one and done. This was the year to make that Cup move. Congrats to Detroit. They outcoached us and had a plan almost every OT game to score immediately.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:08 AM   #1414
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncocalijohn View Post
I agree with a lot of this but Ducks were physical at home when the series started. If you have a good PK unit, you can get away with the dirty plays. This is the Ducks fault for not getting the 5 on 4 goals. Etem and Getzlaf were on it and Datsyuk was awesome even though one player doesn't have every possible shift. Ducks didn't take care of it when he was off the ice. Cam Fowler has had the sophmore jinx after a great rookie season. He is MIA for most of the season. Two years in a row where it is one and done. This was the year to make that Cup move. Congrats to Detroit. They outcoached us and had a plan almost every OT game to score immediately.
Would have been an epic series if the Quacks advanced to play the Kings.

Kings have another tough series vs the Sharks. Hopefully this is the round the Sharks go into choke mode.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:13 AM   #1415
broncocalijohn
Famer of Rings

I said Do It!

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Simon Fletcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Would have been an epic series if the Quacks advanced to play the Kings.

Kings have another tough series vs the Sharks. Hopefully this is the round the Sharks go into choke mode.
I was so planning it too! With both baseball teams sucking eggs and no more basketball, what a perfect scenario for hockey to get front page news throughout LA, OC and Riverside area. Still waiting for this matchup after 20 years. Kings did their part but Ducks failed after a great regular season.

I don't think Sharks are who we saw vs the Canucks. I like the Kings in this series to take on Chicago.
broncocalijohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 11:40 AM   #1416
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
they have tough decisions to make for sure. but i'd rather my Avs be in the Wings position than picking #1.

hopefully when we add Jones to the fold we'll have enough punch to play D.
now we just need a good coach.
The AVS need a veteran leader on D more than they need Seth Jones - although adding Jones will help a lot.

Getting rid of Sacco was huge, now go get Dave Tippett for 2 years to get the young guys pointing in the right direction then get rid of him and pick up a playoff coach.

With respect to the WC it is all academic now since no team can stop the Blackhawks unless there is a sudden outbreak of persistent explosive non-stop diarrhea in the greater Chicago area or some sort of plane crash.
Old 05-13-2013, 11:46 AM   #1417
Lestat
Oreo Lucian Rockefeller

Quote:
The AVS need a veteran leader on D more than they need Seth Jones - although adding Jones will help a lot.

Getting rid of Sacco was huge, now go get Dave Tippett for 2 years to get the young guys pointing in the right direction then get rid of him and pick up a playoff coach.

With respect to the WC it is all academic now since no team can stop the Blackhawks unless there is a sudden outbreak of persistent explosive non-stop diarrhea in the greater Chicago area or some sort of plane crash.
naw, we need Jones more. EJ needs to stay healthy, we need to cut the scrubs in Hunwick,Zanon & O'Brien then pick up Scuderi or Regehr for 2 years.
that would give us Jones,Johnson,Hejda,Barrie,Scuderi/Regeher & Elliot.
after next season Siemens comes up so that allows us to drop Hejda or one of the vet signees.
Old 05-13-2013, 12:16 PM   #1418
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
naw, we need Jones more. EJ needs to stay healthy, we need to cut the scrubs in Hunwick,Zanon & O'Brien then pick up Scuderi or Regehr for 2 years.
that would give us Jones,Johnson,Hejda,Barrie,Scuderi/Regeher & Elliot.
after next season Siemens comes up so that allows us to drop Hejda or one of the vet signees.
You still need a leader, someone who can show the young guys how to be a pro on and off the ice. A coach can only teach so much, ultimately players teach other players a ton. Regehr might do it, but I think Zidlicky or Scuderi would be really valuable both to EJ and Jones.
Old 05-13-2013, 01:30 PM   #1419
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Quote:
You still need a leader, someone who can show the young guys how to be a pro on and off the ice. A coach can only teach so much, ultimately players teach other players a ton. Regehr might do it, but I think Zidlicky or Scuderi would be really valuable both to EJ and Jones.
Scuderi and Regehr will be back in LA next season, especially Scuds.
Old 05-13-2013, 02:56 PM   #1420
Aftermath
Creep

Broncos | Flyers | Tigers

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Eric Decker

Ya I agree that Getzlaf and Etem were probably the Ducks best two players. And I agree that Fowler is terrible. Man in the last 2 minutes of yesterdays game he kept trying to make long stretch passes and turning it over. And living near Detroit the Wings know how to win but I was really hoping for the Ducks to so some damage this year.
Aftermath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 03:27 PM   #1421
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Ya I agree that Getzlaf and Etem were probably the Ducks best two players. And I agree that Fowler is terrible. Man in the last 2 minutes of yesterdays game he kept trying to make long stretch passes and turning it over. And living near Detroit the Wings know how to win but I was really hoping for the Ducks to so some damage this year.
I thought Bonino was better than Etem. Perry was surprisingly bad, he took himself out of the game a lot by not getting open and by going to areas that are very difficult to get the puck to, he is definitely not strong enough to challenge Kronwall and Ericsson consistently right in front of the paint. I think if Perry had tried to skate more to get open he could have produced more.

Fowler hit the sophomore slump, it happens. Many rookies who put up big numbers usually do so because they are getting good matchups and the coach is protecting them, then they put in tougher spots as sophomores and suddenly they slump. I think Fowler will be just fine, Doughty had a massive slump as well, it just came in year 3 for him.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #1422
24champ
Livin' the dream!

Keep Calm and Chive on

Adopt-a-Bronco:
DomCasual

Toronto is up 4-1 over the Bruins in game 7.

Barring a miracle, it looks like they punched their ticket to the next round.
Old 05-13-2013, 06:55 PM   #1423
BroncosSR
Perennial Pro-bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 24champ View Post
Toronto is up 4-1 over the Bruins in game 7.

Barring a miracle, it looks like they punched their ticket to the next round.
Unreal. Miracle happens. 4-4 going into OT.
BroncosSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:07 PM   #1424
SoCalBronco
Nixonite

Adopt-a-Bronco:
D.J. Williams

And Boston wins it in OT. Very impressive comeback and nice shot in the arm for that city. Congrats Beantown.

BRING BACK BUTCH
SoCalBronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:08 PM   #1425
gyldenlove
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Spencer Larsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncosSR View Post
Unreal. Miracle happens. 4-4 going into OT.
I do hope the Bruins win - I hate them, but the sweet delicious tears of millions of Leafs fans that will ensue will be quench me.

The OHL final had the most insane ending of any championship ever. Game 7, the Colts tied the game late in the 3rd, then appeared to score the go-ahead goal with 3 minutes to go, but review showed the puck didn't cross the line - then with 0.1 second to go the Knights scored and after a lengthy review the goal stood.