The Orange Mane -  a Denver Broncos Fan Community  

Go Back   The Orange Mane - a Denver Broncos Fan Community > Jibba Jabba > War, Religion and Politics Thread
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Chat Room Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2013, 08:22 AM   #226
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by baja View Post
Just remember when you find yourself enslaved that it was your denial (and that of others) that allowed so few to enslave so many. You were warned and still you scoffed at what was happening right in front of your eyes.
My quality of life from right now until Enslavement Day is far better than my quality of life would be prepping for Enslavement Day, and even if my prepping saved my life, my quality of life thereafter would be even worse.

And that's if you buy into all that crap, which I don't.
houghtam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:35 AM   #227
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by houghtam View Post
My quality of life from right now until Enslavement Day is far better than my quality of life would be prepping for Enslavement Day, and even if my prepping saved my life, my quality of life thereafter would be even worse.

And that's if you buy into all that crap, which I don't.

If enough of you would wake up there would be no need to "prepare for enslavement"

The men behind the curtain are not that formidable if only enough would wake up and expose their exploits we would throw off the shackles.

Tell me for example why in hell the US government is required to borrow at interest dollars from private bankers (Federal Reserve). The United States of America should be printing it's own money not borrowing (new) money from private concerns. How the hell did this happen? It happen because enough of you were asleep at the wheel. All new money enters the market as debt do you know how insane that is?
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:46 AM   #228
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
If enough of you would wake up there would be no need to "prepare for enslavement"

The men behind the curtain are not that formidable if only enough would wake up and expose their exploits we would throw off the shackles.

Tell me for example why in hell the US government is required to borrow at interest dollars from private bankers (Federal Reserve). The United States of America should be printing it's own money not borrowing (new) money from private concerns. How the hell did this happen? It happen because enough of you were asleep at the wheel. All new money enters the market as debt do you know how insane that is?
What have you done to fight against it, other than move to Mexico? That doesn't sound like fighting, it sounds like running. Why not just move to France an be done with it?
Old 05-11-2013, 08:54 AM   #229
baja
Headmaster

The Fixer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
C J Anderson

Quote:
What have you done to fight against it, other than move to Mexico? That doesn't sound like fighting, it sounds like running. Why not just move to France an be done with it?

I moved to Mexico for a job opportunity over 30 years ago long before I realized what was going on. I have made a nice life for myself here and do not feel the need to defend my decision to anyone especially to those idiots such as yourself that some how construe an address with running from something. What is coming is global domination there is no place to run or hide.

There is no need for a fight just wake up to what is happening and in mass refuse to go along with it. We the people have all the power but we chose to act like sheeple
baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #230
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Obama and his team screwed up and four Americans died.

Too bad the Bush regime's screwups didn't cost only four lives.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #231
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
You're FOS, you can't defend dubya,so your only attack is to pretend hougtam hates the the troops.
You're a bit mixed up there you fool. Hougtam doesn't like the fact of this debacle or that I called you out on your purely partisan posts. We were having a civil discourse earlier. Then you came in with your
"you guys got nothing. When & if Hillary runs, she will not only win the primary pretty easily but win the presidency by a big margin".
I call you out and then he attacks me for being partisan. He changed the subject to Bush and the Iraq war because he can't explain away the truth of what happened. Not once since the Benghazi debacle have I spoke in the real world or posted in this cesspool anything about election because it isn't about that to me. I've been in many situations where I was surrounded by unfriendlies who could have overtaken us at any time. I couldn't imagine being left to die.
But I'm not surprised. That's one of the old fall backs, Bush and the Iraq war. Next thing you know I'll be accused of being racist.
ant1999e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:05 AM   #232
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
I moved to Mexico for a job opportunity over 30 years ago long before I realized what was going on. I have made a nice life for myself here and do not feel the need to defend my decision to anyone especially to those idiots such as yourself that some how construe an address with running from something. What is coming is global domination there is no place to run or hide.

There is no need for a fight just wake up to what is happening and in mass refuse to go along with it. We the people have all the power but we chose to act like sheeple
Then why should I feel the need to defend my position, which is that, in this particular case, you're a conspiracy theorist who is trying to stir up anti-establishment sentiment based on a bunch of vagaries, half truths, outright lies, conjecture and suspicion.

Now I'm as mistrustful of politicians as the next reasonable person, but nothing you have provided...nothing...provides even the slightest HINT at your "truth" that the is some mass global conspiracy that will result in the enslavement of the human race (by lizard people?).

Your concept of "Enslavement", if and when it occurs, occurs on an individual level, and only exists if you allow it to. People become slaves to their pocketbooks, the want for more stuff, the need to be better than their neighbor. It causes irrationality, fear, suspicion. It is a far more dangerous form of "Enslavement" than you, or any of your peers can come up with, and worse...it's real.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:11 AM   #233
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Partisan. Purely partisan.

We go to war on forged documents, and when an FBI investigation opened, your administration outed a CIA agent.

How does it feel to dance on the graves of the dead when your boy is in office?
Saying I don't care about the troops is a complete contradiction. Like I said, where has your concern for the troops been since Obama's been President? Let me know when you're ready to talk about Benghazi again.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:17 AM   #234
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by ant1999e View Post
Is that a racist statement? You saying Cruz is crazy because he's Hispanic?
Rohirrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:18 AM   #235
slick7
Solid Starter

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Baja is 100% correct about the FED, and it doesn't matter where he currently lives.
slick7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:23 AM   #236
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Man, It's so obvious. Issa keeps the dog and pony show going while protesting that he has no political reason for doing so. Cruz delivers his "Prep for 2016" speech. And now Rant Paul comes out and one-ups him on his Hillary attack. The issues of Benghazi are already cleared up. Yes, the entire Obama administration ****ed up. Yes, the CIA and Foggy Bottom ****ed up and spent the next few weeks trying to shift the blame in some kind of petty little warfare. But those issues are resolved. All this **** happening now is nothing but gutter politics, ie, how can we turn these dead Americans into votes for our party, and more importantly, us?
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...wa-speech?lite
Old 05-11-2013, 09:29 AM   #237
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
You're a bit mixed up there you fool. Hougtam doesn't like the fact of this debacle or that I called you out on your purely partisan posts. We were having a civil discourse earlier. Then you came in with your
"you guys got nothing. When & if Hillary runs, she will not only win the primary pretty easily but win the presidency by a big margin".
I call you out and then he attacks me for being partisan. He changed the subject to Bush and the Iraq war because he can't explain away the truth of what happened. Not once since the Benghazi debacle have I spoke in the real world or posted in this cesspool anything about election because it isn't about that to me. I've been in many situations where I was surrounded by unfriendlies who could have overtaken us at any time. I couldn't imagine being left to die.
But I'm not surprised. That's one of the old fall backs, Bush and the Iraq war. Next thing you know I'll be accused of being racist.
Okay, let's please get something straight here. I'm not going to apologize for pointing out your partisanship, but I am sorry you assumed that since I replied to a post in which you replied to peace, that I'm somehow defending him. Although he's a liberal, he and I have very little in common in terms of how we get to our ideologies (abortion and Hillary Clinton, to name two right of the top of my head). I do not want Clinton to run, but it has nothin to do with this tragedy.

I simply replied to your post so that you knew I was speaking directly to you, and that was the last post in the thread at the time. If I had gotten here sooner, I'd have replied to that instead. I'm not one to come in and reply to each post as I read it, after the conversation has already moved on, like some people on this forum are famous for.

As far as Benghazi, as I said, there needs to be an investigation, and it needs to lead where it leads. The reason I'm calling you and the other trash Republicans out on the partisan BS is simple. You were all either silent or complicit when we went into Iraq, and then when the facts came out on WHY? Well as they say at AMC, silence is golden. Then you attempt to tie it to Clinton by saying things like "HER NAME WAS ON THE CABLE!", not realizing or not understanding that her name is on the cable for what color they should paint the lobby of the US consulate in Timbuktu.

If the investigation takes it to Clinton and we find she's at fault, then she needs to be held as accountable as everyone else. But what is happening here is people coming up with a conclusion before they start the investigation. What you and they are doing is shameless, particularly considering your history on wanting the "truth".

Last edited by houghtam; 05-11-2013 at 09:32 AM..
Old 05-11-2013, 09:34 AM   #238
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rohirrim View Post
Man, It's so obvious. Issa keeps the dog and pony show going while protesting that he has no political reason for doing so. Cruz delivers his "Prep for 2016" speech. And now Rant Paul comes out and one-ups him on his Hillary attack. The issues of Benghazi are already cleared up. Yes, the entire Obama administration ****ed up. Yes, the CIA and Foggy Bottom ****ed up and spent the next few weeks trying to shift the blame in some kind of petty little warfare. But those issues are resolved. All this **** happening now is nothing but gutter politics, ie, how can we turn these dead Americans into votes for our party, and more importantly, us?
http://nbcpolitics.nbcnews.com/_news...wa-speech?lite
The first part of your post may be correct but this shyt hasn't been resolved. This was a cover up from the get go and someone needs to come clean. People need to be held responsible. The charade is still ongoing.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:53 AM   #239
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Okay, let's please get something straight here. I'm not going to apologize for pointing out your partisanship, but I am sorry you assumed that since I replied to a post in which you replied to peace, that I'm somehow defending him. Although he's a liberal, he and I have very little in common in terms of how we get to our ideologies (abortion and Hillary Clinton, to name two right of the top of my head). I do not want Clinton to run, but it has nothin to do with this tragedy.

I simply replied to your post so that you knew I was speaking directly to you, and that was the last post in the thread at the time. If I had gotten here sooner, I'd have replied to that instead. I'm not one to come in and reply to each post as I read it, after the conversation has already moved on, like some people on this forum are famous for.

As far as Benghazi, as I said, there needs to be an investigation, and it needs to lead where it leads. The reason I'm calling you and the other trash Republicans out on the partisan BS is simple. You were all either silent or complicit when we went into Iraq, and then when the facts came out on WHY? Well as they say at AMC, silence is golden. Then you attempt to tie it to Clinton by saying things like "HER NAME WAS ON THE CABLE!", not realizing or not understanding that her name is on the cable for what color they should paint the lobby of the US consulate in Timbuktu.

If the investigation takes it to Clinton and we find she's at fault, then she needs to be held as accountable as everyone else. But what is happening here is people coming up with a conclusion before they start the investigation. What you and they are doing is shameless, particularly considering your history on wanting the "truth".
And your assumption that I sat idly by while troops died in Iraq. Have you ever visited Camp Bucca, Iraq during the holidays? It's quite pleasant. The wastelands of Iraq from a Blackhawk look breathtaking. Seeing the lines of spinning lights on the miles of convoy vehicles driving through Iraq was an awe inspiring sight. It hit me in the gut and made me realize what an important job I had. It was my job and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
So forgive me for not being like you and sitting on my ass b****ing about Bush and the war and how many children were being murdered. Funny how all that biotching stopped once Obama became President. You thing troops aren't still dying in the middle east? I haven't heard a peep from you about it in over four years. And you want me to believe you really give a **** about dead soldiers? Get the **** outta here you hypocrite.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:54 AM   #240
W*GS
Ring of Famer

Quote:
People need to be held responsible. The charade is still ongoing.
If Obama acted like Bush did, Hillary would be getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom like Tenet and L. Paul Bremer got.
W*GS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 09:55 AM   #241
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
If Obama acted like Bush did, Hillary would be getting the Presidential Medal of Freedom like Tenet and L. Paul Bremer got.
So go make a thread about Bush. This one's about Benghazi.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:56 AM   #242
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
The first part of your post may be correct but this shyt hasn't been resolved. This was a cover up from the get go and someone needs to come clean. People need to be held responsible. The charade is still ongoing.
The "cover-up" is nothing more than different government agencies trying to shift blame away from themselves. That's about the depth of that conspiracy. All the rest is political bull**** and noise, which is what Washington excels at.

Here's another take, Benghazi was the wrath of God:
"It’s no secret that our nation may very well be experiencing the hand of judgment. It is no secret that we all are concerned that our nation may be in a time of decline. If that is in fact so, what is the answer? The answer is what we are doing here today: humbling ourselves before an almighty God, crying out to an almighty God, saying not of ourselves but you, would you save us oh God? We repent of our sins, we turn away from them, we seek you, we seek your ways."
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...tml?ref=topbar
Old 05-11-2013, 09:57 AM   #243
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
Originally Posted by W*GS View Post
Bingo!
Old 05-11-2013, 10:01 AM   #244
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
The "cover-up" is nothing more than different government agencies trying to shift blame away from themselves. That's about the depth of that conspiracy. All the rest is political bull**** and noise, which is what Washington excels at.
So who ****ed up? I guess we don't care. No lessons to learn. We'll learn from our mistakes on the next one right. Maybe when a Republican is in office. It's o.k. for our government to lie to us. Let's do some spinning. The Iraq war, according to you libs, was a big lie and to this day you want head to roll. But here, meh not a big deal. Lies from a democrat taste much sweeter than from a republican.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:08 AM   #245
peacepipe
Ring of Famer

New to the Forum

Adopt-a-Bronco:
None

Quote:
So who ****ed up? I guess we don't care. No lessons to learn. We'll learn from our mistakes on the next one right. Maybe when a Republican is in office. It's o.k. for our government to lie to us. Let's do some spinning. The Iraq war, according to you libs, was a big lie and to this day you want head to roll. But here, meh not a big deal. Lies from a democrat taste much sweeter than from a republican.
Is false equivalencys all you're good at.
peacepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #246
ant1999e
Ring of Famer

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Money Ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacepipe View Post
Is false equivalencys all you're good at.
Tell that to Houhtam and Wags. It's their story.
Old 05-11-2013, 10:20 AM   #247
Rohirrim
Partisan

Adopt-a-Bronco:
Malik Jackson

Quote:
The Republicans had theirs. It was called 9/11. They followed that up with the crash of the economy.

Indictments? Zero
Convictions? Zero
Medals of Freedom? Two
Old 05-11-2013, 10:27 AM   #248
houghtam
Ring of Famer

Quote:
And your assumption that I sat idly by while troops died in Iraq. Have you ever visited Camp Bucca, Iraq during the holidays? It's quite pleasant. The wastelands of Iraq from a Blackhawk look breathtaking. Seeing the lines of spinning lights on the miles of convoy vehicles driving through Iraq was an awe inspiring sight. It hit me in the gut and made me realize what an important job I had. It was my job and I'm proud to have been a part of it.
So forgive me for not being like you and sitting on my ass b****ing about Bush and the war and how many children were being murdered. Funny how all that biotching stopped once Obama became President. You thing troops aren't still dying in the middle east? I haven't heard a peep from you about it in over four years. And you want me to believe you really give a **** about dead soldiers? Get the **** outta here you hypocrite.
Good deflection. Heartwarming.

Okay I'll play your game. Lets assume I don't care about the troops. Lets assume everything you want to believe about me in order to pigeonhole me into your fantastic, yet somehow narrow view of the world. Lets assume I'm the worst person in the world...a liberal in-the-flesh hybrid of Dr. No, Joseph Stalin and King Herod.

How does pointing out my perceived, yet untrue, hypocrisy absolve you of your own?

Contrary to your claim, I have been quite vocal about my views on all wars. I have admitted plenty of times on this forum that, despite the majority of my family being in the military, I am for all intents and purposes a pacifist, and have endured the requisite criticisms from your ilk, including being called a p***Y and a coward. It is neither cowardly nor the sign of a weaker person to speak out against war. Being complicit, on the other hand...
Old 05-11-2013, 11:12 AM   #249
nyuk nyuk

.... Houghtam and now apparently peacepipe are thread-hopping going on about "deflections" and "false equivalences."

Do I have a fan club or what?

Guys, get your own rebuttals, please.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:29 AM   #250
TonyR
Franchise Poster

Quote:
Exactly right. In the post linked below, after admitting there was clearly a coverup, Sullivan explains it similarly:

Quote:
...these are venial sins, not mortal ones. And the premise of the Republican argument that immediately including the possibility of a pre-planned Jihadist attack would have deeply wounded the Obama campaign seems ludicrous to me. He decimated al Qaeda in Af-Pak and killed bin Laden, but a minor, if foolish, attempt at unnecessary spin after an embassy siege would have undone this legacy in the eyes of voters? Come off it.

All of this is a grotesque over-reaction – for transparently political purposes. The GOP does not know any more how to propose constructive policies that actually might improve the lives of Americans. But they sure know how to construct a “scandal” into a mountain when it is only a bump in the tarmac.

It all reminds me of Whitewater.
http://dish.andrewsullivan.com/2013/...ater-round-ii/
TonyR is offline   Reply With Quote